Gladius Island

MrWonder

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/7/7w8.jpg

James Mckean (4-0)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/champs%20belt.jpg

Y'all don't know me but you know my brothers for sure, I am the Elder of the Mckean family and currently the Island Brawl LHW champ.My brothers told me there are a lot of funny guys here so I wanted to check that out. I might come to kick asses one day and why not unify the titles your 205 division is interesting but it is also a real joke

• Upvote 3

With the news that Gladius will be taking on new talent from a rival Island organisation, you'd think the 185 champ Johan Olsen would be training hard.

Instead he's been pictured with a mystery girl after his wild Saturday night partying with strippers

joking4.jpg joking3.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34w26.jpg

Ahmed Zaitoun

Hahahaah I like this kid, we definitely need to hang out together one day !!! Come party in Algeria, you will be surprised.

As for you Mckean, don't insult our division. You might be champ in Island Brawl but everyone knows the competition is not that high their in the 205 division so let's see if you are a man of your word and come face me. It will be a pleasure to kick your ass but first I have some very interesting and dangerous guys to beat here so you will have to wait and make your proof against the best around here

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20200419053802B.jpg

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34w26.jpg

Ahmed Zaitoun

Hahahaah I like this kid, we definitely need to hang out together one day !!! Come party in Algeria, you will be surprised.

As for you Mckean, don't insult our division. You might be champ in Island Brawl but everyone knows the competition is not that high their in the 205 division so let's see if you are a man of your word and come face me. It will be a pleasure to kick your ass but first I have some very interesting and dangerous guys to beat here so you will have to wait and make your proof against the best around here

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/7/7w8.jpg

James Mckean (4-0)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/champs%20belt.jpg

Hahaha I still have some work around here I'll just let my little brother do the job

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1592489162Gladius%2014.png

G | 14: Chukwu x Vladez (PREVIEW)

Now before we start off this preview, i want to apologise, to the entire Gladius Island community for not being able to post the preview of probably one of our greatest events ever, last week. It was my responsibility as a writer, to post the previews in here no matter what, but i failed in my job and so, i am really sorry for that. But, as i have always said, Gladius is not an organization which dwells on it's past glory days at all, cause, well, our owner is way too busy creating new historic events every week, which may live in our memories for a long-long time, and therefore, after the successful event last week, we are back with you guys to bring ya'll yet another fantastic event that we have in store for you on (Saturday 20th June 2020). Now, i know, i know, as always, you guys might wanna know the secret about why i am so pumped about this event, Well, my answer to that, will be have a look below...

(PRELIMS) [YOU ALL WILL GET TO WITNESS THESE FIGHTS IN THE FIRST EVENT OF THE EVENING]

1. Island "Beast" King vs Stewart "The Boil" Doyle (WELTERWEIGHT BOUT [170 LBS])

2. Gaur Gerome vs Timu "Fearless" Baku (HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [265 LBS])

3. Griorgio Petro vs Kkio "Maga" Frot (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

4. Paulo Gutti vs Kali "Moneyman" Turner (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

5.Thinking "Out" Loud vs Melvin Van Dik (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

6. Francesco Benvenuti vs Ahmed "Prince" Sheikh (WELTERWEIGHT BOUT [170 LBS])

7. Robin Banks vs King Artur (HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [265 LBS])

8. Peter Allen vs Hennison Scourge (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

9. Buddy Taylor vs Jimi "Lion" Collins (LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT [155 LBS])

SO WITH THAT, THE PRELIMS FOR THIS MEGA EVENT HAS COME TO AN END. WE HOPE ALL OF YOU ENJOYED IT, AND BE SURE TO JOIN US FOR THE MAIN CARD WHICH WILL START SHORTLY.

IN 3,2,1...... LET'S GO!

(MAIN CARD)

Here we go guys, we are back once again after the short interval, but this time, the only difference is, we ain't watching no more prelims anymore, cause now, it's time for the big boys to step into the cage and give us our money's worth type of performances. And therefore, without wasting any more time, let's get straight into the main card for this grand event...

1. Island Fighter vs William McKean (HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [265 LBS])

This fight is going to be between two strikers who are very good wrestlers too, but if you ask me, i don't see either of these fighters taking this fight to the ground, cause i expect them to try all out to knock their opponent out n the standup. Hence, i think this will be one of the fights to watch out for, if you want to see some Knockout action.

~ PREDICTION: WILLIAM MCKEAN WINS VIA KO (ROUND 2)

2. Two Moons vs Sam Van Roosmalen (LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT [155 LBS])

This fight, with all due respect to Sam, should just be a walk in the park for a guy like Moons. Because, let's be honest here, if Moons would not have lost his last two fights, then he would never have gotten a fight again someone as low ranked as Roosmalen. And therefore, i expect the boxer in Moons, to Knock the Muay Thai striker in Roosmalen out cold, flat on the mat.

~ PREDICTION: TWO MOONS WINS VIA TKO (ROUND 1)

3. Godric The Maker vs Ovido "El Chapo" Guzman (WELTERWEIGHT BOUT [170 LBS])

Next up, the rematch between two boxers, who, well, let's just say, have had very different careers since their first meeting. So, Godric, after winning the first meeting has gone through three consecutive losses, where as Guzman, has just challenged for the title in his previous fight, where he had unfortunately, suffered another defeat. And therefore, both these wounded tigers, will look to win this fight to get back to winning ways once again, and also put a rest to their small yet fiery rivalry, once and for all,

~ PREDICTION: GODRIC THE MAKER WINS VIA TKO (ROUND 2)

4. Primo Carnero vs Kenichi "Monster" Misahawa (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

Now, this fight is really going to be a very-very close encounter between these two fighters, cause both of them kind of possess the same skillsets and are also extremely closely matched, although stylistically, they are very different from each other, even though they are both standup strikers, as Carnero is a Boxer who loves to strike from a distance whereas, Kenichi is a Muay Thai artist who loves to strike from clinch position. Hence, this fight is sure to be a cracker of a contest.

~ PREDICTION: KENICHI MISAHAWA WINS VIA UNANIMOUS DECISION (ROUND 3)

5. Ricky "East Londoner" Prince vs Remy Gek (MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT [185 LBS])

Now then, if i mentioned one of the previous matchups as a walk in the park for one of the guys, then this, well, haha, this! is going be a walk in the park on slow motion most probably, cause guys, let's be frank, Ricky, should win this fight with his eyes closed,cause he is coming off a title fight (where he lost, but still, you only get title fights if you deserve it) where as his opponent, Remy Gek, has most probably forgotten the feeling of a win as his one and only win so far in his career, had come a long while back, and therefore, with a much superior ground game, Ricky Prince should easily take his opponent down to the ground, and submit him, in this matchup.

~ PREDICTION: RICKY PRINCE WINS VIA SUBMISSION (ROUND 1)

6. Naolo Marui vs Vicente "Juarez" Carillo Fuantes (LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT [155 LBS])

This matchup, is actually one of the most intriguing fights, that we have in the whole main card, cause, not only is this matchup between two of the top #5 ranked Lightweights in Gladius island, but, this matchup is also between two contenders, who are looking to get back in the title picture, after suffering some disappointing losses in their past few fights which has unfortunately put them out of title contention for now. But, looking into both the fighters, this fight is sure to be a very evenly fought match, cause both of their primary skillsets are very much the same, and also both of them are stylistically pretty much the same, as they like to keep a distance and knock their opponents out. Hence, it is very tough to predict this fight, although, i would prefer Marui, just because of his big match experience he gained through that title fight he was part of not so long ago.

~ PREDICTION: NAOKO MARUI WINS VIA UNANIMOUS DECISION (ROUND 3)

7. Dwayne "The Rock" Jackson vs Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

Next up on our list of fights, is a rematch between the two competitors of the (205 lbs) title fight from (Gladius 8), but, this match doesn't have that added flavour of the title fight that these two had in their previous encounter which is a shame, but anyways, now looking at both of the fighters, we can see that they are both very evenly matched when it comes to pure boxing or a standup fight, but, i am sure, that is not going to be the case in this fight, cause Jackson, is a much superior BJJ fighter who has the ability to pull out some fantastic submissions, out of the blue, whereas Joaquin is a much superior wrestler, who has the ability to take down his opponent with relative ease, and therefore, i think, the winner of the fight will be the guy who will have the better tactical approach to this fight, as whoever uses their superior skills better, will win this fight. Hence, don't miss this one, cause it is sure to be a fight of the night contende, if you ask me.

~ PREDICTION: DWAYNE JACKSON WINS VIA SUBMISSION (ROUND 1)

8. Craig "Bad Boy" McKean vs "Se on kylla hyva"Jarna Kuiva (MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT [185 LBS])

Now this fight, could very well be a title eliminator match for deciding the next no #! contender to the (185lbs) title, or it might not. Nonetheless, what we can clearly see, that these two warriors, are probably the two best Middleweights around in Gladius, after the champion himself, but in what order are both of them placed, we don't know, and hence this matchup has been made to figure out who is the better of the two (most probably, i am guessing here). Now, these two fighters are also very evenly matched like we have seen in many other matchups this evening, but they have very different styles, as Kuiva is a boxer whereas Mckean, is a Muay thai striker, and therefore, it will be very interesting to see, who uses their abilities and their superiorities better in this fight, as i think, the guy who will fight this match smartly, using more brain than pure strength, will win this fight. But it will very a very intriguing wait to see, who that person might be, so i will suggest ya'll to keep a close eye on this fight, cause these two have genuine ko power, hence if you take your eyes off this fight, then you might end up missing a highlight reel KO.

~ PREDICTION: JARNA KUIVA WINS VIA KO (ROUND 3)

(CO-MAIN EVENT)

9. Keizo Kasai vs Marcos Agripa (LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE BOUT [155 LBS])

Now, the co-main event of this evening brings us to a title fight that was long in the making to be honest, cause, there were several times, that these two could have fought before,but due to some unfortunate circumstances, that match never really materialised (be it due to weight difference or some negotiation trouble with the money and stuff). But now, with both men in the same division following the merge of the (145 lbs and the 155 lbs) division, the current Gladius (Featherweight) champ, goes one on one with the undefeated king of the Lightweight division, to determine, the New [GLADIUS LIGHTWEIGHT] champion. And so, taking a closer look at the two competitors, we see that Kasai, as we know him, is a very good boxer who likes to kind of dominate his opponents, but not finish them, as a result of which, all of his wins have come via decision, but his opponent, is a very different animal, cause Agripa is an absolute monster in the ground, with brilliant submission skills, and therefore, he just likes to take his opponents to the ground and make them submit as quick as possible, hence the 4 first round submission wins to his name. And therefore, whatever happens and whoever comes on top in this matchup, this one is sure to be a fight that will be remembered for a long-long time t come, so don't forget to watch this one, no matter what happens.

~ PREDICTION: MARCOS AGRIPA WINS VIA SUBMISSION (ROUND 2) [NEW CHAMPION]

(MAIN EVENT)

10. Obina Chuckwu vs Jose Valdez (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

Now, more often than not, main events are always left aside for title fights (most times,not every time guys), but, who needs a title fight, when you can have the two top contenders in the (205 lbs) division, square off against each other, to determine the next no #! contender. The answer is nobody. And therefore, for the main event of this evening, we move onto a match which is very likely to be another no #1 contender matchup, between a striker and a grappler. So, the challenger, Valdez, is a Muay Thai striker, who is a former title challenger in Island Brawls(IB), where he was one of the best 205 ers in the organization. But, he never really got the exposure he deserved in (IB) and hence, he has now made the move over to Gladius Island, whereby, after a successful debut, he will now look to win this fight at any cost, to edge one step closer towards his childhood dream of winning a title. But for doing that, he will need to keep this fight in the feet to take advantage of his much superior standup skills or else face another defeat in his career.

But, now moving onto his opponent, Obina Chuckwu, is a grappler of the very highest level and also a fantastic wrestler (good combination that eh?) who has been one of the most dominant LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHTS in Gladius Island for a while now, and his professional record of (5 wins 1 loss) [5-0 in Gladius], does not do my statement any harm. He is a very good submission artist, but his main strength is his wrestling ability, which is of the very highest caliber, as time and again, we see in his fights, that once he get's his opponents down to the ground, he likes to dominate them and keep them in that position for as long as possible, and finish them afterwards through submissions or ground n pound. Therefore, he will be absolutely desperate to win this fight, so that he could finally get his much-awaited shot at the title, that many people think, he deserves.

~ PREDICTION: OBINA CHUCKWU WINS VIA SUBMISSION (ROUND 2)

SO WITH THAT, ANOTHER ONE OF OUR GREAT EVENTS HAS COME TO AN END. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THE PREVIEW.

AND UNTIL NEXT TIME, STAY SAFE AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!

• Upvote 2

Mckean/Kuiva Winner vs the Champ Johan Olsen?

Or does Tommy Wiz want his 2-fight win-streak snapped in the meantime?

If Kuiva wins he will have his title shot and Mckean will fight Wizeau, if Mckean wins we will see if he accepts the rematch against Wizeau or not. In any case Olsen will defend his Title in less than 2 weeks

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15910491734769.png

Hear ye the tale of I Juca Pyrama, Tapu Koko!

The poem tells the story of a Tupi warrior who is captured by an enemy cannibal tribe – the Timbiras.

As he is about to be killed and offered in sacrifice, he begs for mercy in order to be freed and return to his home,

where his old, sick and blind father waits for him. The Timbiras then allow the Tupi warrior to go.

The warrior reunites with his father. After smelling the sacrificial paint on his son's body

and hearing that he was let go, his father demands they head back

to the Timbiras' tribe in order for them to continue the sacrifice ceremony.

However, the cacique (chief) of the Timbiras tells the old man

that they no longer want the Tupi warrior to be sacrificed,

since he begged for mercy and thus is a coward.

Angered, the old man curses his son, saying that he is the disgrace of the Tupi tribe.

The son cannot stand his father's hate, and suddenly wages war all alone against the whole Timbira tribe.

The old man listens to his son's war screams and realizes that he is fighting with honor.

In life after death, the Sacred Warrior rose as a protector of the Island, the Guardian of the Tupi.

I Juca Pyrama. The One That Shall Be Killed.

Tapu Koko.

• Upvote 1

1592494241Gladius%2018.png

G | 17: Camara x SanKing

Hiya ya'll and welcome back for yet another one of the top level events that Gladius Island has once put up for us. It's frankly becoming a normality now (one fantastic event after the other) because Gladius island might be a new organization, but it has the belief, quality of fighter and imagination required to reach the very best organizations in the game, and therefore, Mr wonder needs to be given a big round of applause really, because he is trying so hard to do everything that needs to be done correctly and perfectly, for this great organization to reach the heights that it deserves to be in. And hence, to continue that trend, we have another juicy looking 10 fight,card, ahead of you in this mega event. So,without wasting any more time, let's get started with the preview....

(UNDERCARD BOUTS)

Now, most of these bouts in the undercard does not really hold much significance at all to be honest, (other than the final undercard bout, anyways) because, most of these fights are between the top contenders in every division, who are looking for something like a practise match, before getting back in the grind and back in the hunt for the title shot (I know it sounds disrespectful to some of the fighters, but, i always speak what i see, and hence i said what i said). But, these fights, could very well turn out to be the opportunity, for some of these guys at the bottom of the division, to step up for once, and be counted for, as who knows, we might as well end up witnessing one or more upsets of the century right in front of our eyes in this event. And therefore, let's take a look at the five undercard bouts that are in store for us today.

1. Ciro "ShopTime" Bottini vs Dave Brown (MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT [185 LBS])

We start off our main card with a matchup between a wrestler and a boxer, with both of them also possessing some excellent Bjj to add to their primary skills. Now, Bottini is a fighter who very recently made his debut in Gladius Island and fortunately got himself a well deserved win in the end, which resulted in him possessing a professional record of (1 win 0 losses). He has a very good ground game, and therefore, he will be looking to use his wrestling and Bjj to full effect, so that he can continue his winning run and get himself firmly on course for a shot at one of the ranked fighters next up.

His opponent though, is a very different type of a fighter, as Dave is more of a boxer who likes to strike from a distance, as well as being a very good submission artist, which was pretty evident in his professional debut that he won by submission. He is a new recruit in Gladius, having signed on from (Island Kings Championship), but tell you what, he really needs to step up, if he wants to make it big as a fighter, here in Gladius, because, a record of 1-3 does not really bode well for anyone. Hence he will be looking to win this fight, so that he can resurrect his stagnating career, and show everyone, that he indeed has the skills to win fights at major organizations.

~ PREDICTION: CIRO BOTTINI WINS VIA UNANIMOUS DECISION (ROUND 3)

2. Ahmed "Prince" Sheikh vs Island "Beast" King (WELTERWEIGHT BOUT [170 LBS])

Next up in our list, is a bout between a wrestler with decent striking skills and a boxer with decent Bjj skills. Now, this fight, is probably the only one in the entire event, that not many people give a shit about, to be honest, as both of these fighters are way down in the pecking order and are very-very close towards the very bottom of the division. But, tell you what, these fights, could actually turn out to be the best ones to watch, because both of the fighters have nothing to lose from this fight, and everything to gain, hence they will most probably just throw the kitchen sink at each other in the hopes of getting a victory, but if you ask me who i can see winning this fight, then i would say it is Ahmed Sheikh. And that is because he is coming off the back of his maiden win in his professional career where as Island King's confidence level, would probably be below the surface now, as the is coming into this fight off the back of 4 fight losing streak (Yeah, you heard it right).

~ PREDICTION: AHMED SHEIKH WINS VIA UNANIMOUS DECISION (ROUND 3)

3. Abamun "of" Tarnut vs Remy Gek (MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT [185 LBS])

Now, this is probably the point of time in this event, that the matches start to become a bit one-sided, because from now until the end of the Undercard, pretty much all the matchups, are between one of the best fighters at a certain division vs one of the worst fighters (with all due respect) in that division. And therefore, to start off the run of one-sided fights for this event,we have a matchup between a wrestler who is also a boxer, go head to head with a Muay Thai Striker, with some decent wrestling skills respectively So, Tarnut is another one of the several new recruits, that have signed from Island Kings Championships. He is a very good wrestler who likes to control the fight to the pace of his liking, using all of his wrestling skills, but then again, when the opportunity comes to finish off the fights, he never let's them pass, and therefore, he has had those two successive victories at his previous organization, which means that he comes into this organization as one of the best ones around in this entire division. Hence, he will be desperate to win this fight, so that he can start off his career in here perfectly, and set himself up for a matchup against a ranked fighter in his next fight in here.

Remy Gek on the other hand, well, is continuing to do what he has done all throughout his career really, as after getting his first victory a while ago, he has now gone on a another 4 fight losing streak, and tell you what, if he does not win this fight, his future here in Gladius could be in some jeopardy, and hence, he will be looking to use his superior Muay thai to win this fight, so that he can save his spot here in Gladius, as well as hopefully, get his career back on track.

~ PREDICTION: ABAMUN TARNUT WINS VIA TKO (ROUND 3)

4. Obina Chuckwu vs Melvin VAN Dik (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

Okay then, here we go, the madness has finally begun. Now why do i say this? Well, because next up we have got a matchup between one of the best Light-heavyweights around in the entire Gladius 205 lbs division on a 6-fight win streak (who is a wrestler and a BJJ purple belt), who is going to take on a Muay Thai striker, looking to somehow win his maiden fight as a professional after coming into this fight off the back of two successive defeats and a professional record of (0-2).

Now, Chuckwu is a very very dangerous fighter who becomes an absolute beast as soon as the fight becomes a grappling contest, but,surprisingly enough his speciality in the ground, is not really his submission skills, because, when he takes you down to the ground, there is only one thing, that goes on in his mind, which is to absolutely smash the living daylights off his opponents face through some ferocious (GNP), and therefore, he will be looking to continue his winning streak in the fight, by utilising his much superior Grappling and wrestling skills, so that he could finally get the right preparation, for his possible title shot that, that might be up next.

His opponent Van Dik though, has a mountain to climb if he is to get anywhere close to winning this fight, if i am honest, cause coming into this fight off the back of 2 straight defeats and with a very low confidence level, is never really ideal, but nonetheless, he will still look to put up a valient fight in the match, so that he could come out of this match with at least some positive things,even though he might end up losing the fight. Although, if he uses his superior Muay thai correctly, then this fight could become interesting, but i simply don't see it happening.

~ PREDICTION: OBINA CHUCKWU WINS VIA TKO (ROUND 1)

5. Naoko Marui vs Buddy Taylor (LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT [155 LBS])

Now, coming out of the sequence of one-sided matchups, the final fight of tonight's undercard sees two of the very high ranked fighters in the Lightweight division, go head to head, in pretty much like a title eliminator fight, because, both of these guys are coming off the back of two successive victories and are very very confident going into this bout, and hence this one is sure to be an absolute cracker of a contest.

Marui is a boxer and a wrestler who is also the former Gladius Featherweight title challenger. He is considered by many as one of the best Featherweight fighter in the whole of this organization, but now, it is a very different kettle of fish that he is dealing with, as he has now moved up a weightclass to Lightweight, in a bid to become the most dominant lightweight fighter ever in Gladius Island. And therefore with a professional record of (5 wins 1 loss) he will be looking to fully utilise his advantage in wrestling and boxing (striking from a distance), and win this fight, so that he can get past his latest challenger and also move one step closer to yet another title shot, that he has been calling out for, for a long time.

Now Taylor on the other hand, is a brilliant Muay Thai striker (striking from clinch), who has also been on a very good run of wins recently. He had a very up and down start to his professional career in here, but now, he really looks like he has settled in very well. He has has a long standing dream like many of lifting a title at an organization, and therefore with the help of his Muay thai, he will look to win this fight, so that not only can he get one step closer to the title shot, but, he can also shut down a lot of his critics, who say that he can't win the big matches that matters.

~ PREDICTION: NAOKO MARUI WINS VIA TKO (ROUND 2)

(MAIN CARD)

So with that, the undercard for tonight comes to a close, but now, the time has finally arrived for some of the big guns of this organization, to step up and show the MMA fanatics out in the crowd, why they are where they are (which is towards the top end of the rankings in their respective divisions) in terms of the rankings, and also give the fans out here their money's worth. But, obviously, even though there are 3 fights which will take place before it, the excitement and anticipation of the crowd out here will really only be for the two massive title showdowns that wills be taking place very shortly, and therefore join me below, to take a detailed look at both the hugely important important title fights taking place today, and so much more, hence, let's get the preview of the main card rolling..

6. Jose Valdez vs Bill Hilly (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

Kicking off our main card is a bout between two of the top contenders at the Light-Heavyweight division, where a Muay Thai striker and a wrestler in Jose Valdez, goes one on one against a boxer and a wrestler in Bill Hilly, which is sure to entertain us with some jaw- dropping stuff, because as we know already, both these fighters are very much suited and capable of putting in a performance, that could very easily win the (fight of the night) award, hence, this is not one of the matches where in you can just take your eyes off the fight and go our for a coffee or a drink, otherwise, you might just end up missing out on some fantastic round of action, in this very exciting matchup. Now, let's take a closer look at both the competitors in this fight..

Jose Valdez, is a Muay Thai striker, who is a former Island Brawls (205 lbs) title challenger. Truth be told, he had a very good start to his professional career, as after losing in his debut (QFC), he went on a tear through the entire Island Brawls (his previous organization) 205 lbs division, until he got that title shot, where in, he ended up drawing that fight (Judges were publicly criticized for the decision).He was one of the very best fighters in Island Brawls, but, he himself got the feeling that he was not getting the type of recognition he deserved in that organization, and hence, he made the move over to Gladius, where in he has a very good start to his life, but in his previous match, he ended up losing a very big and important fight (most probably a title eliminator) and hence, he will be desperate to use his advantage in the Muay thai to full effect and win this fight, so that he can get back among the top title contenders once again.

His opponent Bill Hilly though, might have some other plans. He is a boxer and a wrestler who was the former (Island Kings championship 205 lbs title challenger), who will be making his Gladius debut in this fight, and tell you what, what a way it will be to make his debut, if he comes straight in and defeats one of the top title contenders in the division. But, to do that, he will need to put his much superior boxing to full effect and try to make this fight a standup striking match, but from a distance, as, if Valdez manages to get this fight into a clinch, then it's going to be a long-long night for Hilly inside that cage. And therefore, Valdez would be absolute itching to get this fight started so that he can hopefully win this fight, and show everyone that he is not a guy to be taken lightly, or ignored when it comes to deciding the contenders for the title.

~ PREDICTION: JOSE VALDEZ WINS VIA TKO (ROUND 2)

7. te "tr" Tre vs Rian " Pretty Boy" Mckean (WELTERWEIGHT BOUT [170 LBS])

Next up, we have a massive fight in the welterweight division, between a former title challenger in Mckean looking to get back in the mix for another title shot, going one on one against te Tre, who is looking to continue the long winning streak that he has been on (carried over from his previous employers), and get himself in among the very top fighters in this division and get closer to that elusive title shot himself.

Now, Tre is a Muay thai specialist,who has been on a roll recently, ever since that shocking defeat in a QFC fight way back in the day.He is currently on a 4-fight winning streak across two organizations,and his self confidence right now, is as high as it has ever been. He made a successful debut at Gladius in his previous fight (against a good opponent), and therefore. he will be looking to use his Muay Thai superiority to full use in this fight, so that he can win this fight, and get ever closer to his maiden title fight.

His opponent though, is a very different type of a fighter (in terms of style of fighting), as Rian Mckean is a boxer, who as i previously said, has already had some taste of being involved in a title fight, way back in Gladius 9, where in, he ended up getting absolutely humiliated within 15 seconds, as he got finished via Tko that night, and that humiliation has always stayed with him since that day. He did win, and win very easily in previous fight which came after that title fight, but in his words, the only way to redemption for him, is if he wins that title, which he has been craving for all his life, and therefore with a professional record of (4 wins 3 losses) he will be desperate to use his superior Boxing skills and win this fight, so that he can get straight back into the consideration of the next no #1 contender for the undisputed title.

~ PREDICTION: TE TRE WINS VIA KO (ROUND 1)

8. John "Snake" Ishmael vs Dwayne "The Rock" Jackson (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

Next up in our list of fights, is a absolute mouth-watering contest, which will await us in this event, as two champions (1 current and the other former, respectively), will square of in the middle of the cage, to determine the most deserving fighter who shall challenge Mr unbeatable himself (Ahmed Zaitoun) for the title [this is is the mother of all guesses, by me]. And therefore, this is a fight which will have very significant implications in the whole division as a result, and hence, it's sure to be an absolute cracker of a contest. which we shall not miss!

Now, John Ishmael is a boxer, who is the reigning Island Kings Championship (205 lbs) champion. He has had a stonking start to his professional career, as even after competing in 3 very tough matchups so far, he is still undefeated, and to be honest, has never ever looked like losing a fight. He has got natural KO power in his hands, and therefore, to win this fight on his debut here at Gladius, he will look to make this fight a straight up boxing match (striking from range), so that he can use his power to full effect, and hopefully Knock his opponent out cold, but, if he get's taken down early, and easily, then it could be long-long 15 minutes that could be in store for him.

Now then, his opponent Dwayne Jackson, is also a very decent boxer, but unfortunately for Ishmael, Jackson is also a very-very good submission specialist on the ground. He is a former Gladius 205 LBS champion (i am talking about Jackson), who at one point of time, was the guy to beat here at Gladius, as he was undefeated back then, with a professional record of (5 wins 0 losses) [5 straight first round finishes]. But then, he a couple fights back, he got thrown back down to earth, as he got finished in 2 rounds by Zaitoun, which meant he lost his beloved title as a result. And therefore, he is now desperate to get another shot at the title, and so he will be looking to use his much superior Jiu Jitsu skills in the ground, and win this fight, so that he can get his title shot that he has been begging for, and hopefully get his revenge against the guy who showed that he (Jackson) is not immortal.

~ PREDICTION: DWAYNE JACKSON WINS VIA SUBMISSION (ROUND 1)

(CO-MAIN EVENT)

So, after the hustle and bustle of 8 very exciting matches, where in, we will guaranteed get to see some jaws in hands moments, we have now arrived to the penultimate fight of the evening, which features a rematch, which really needs no new introduction, as it is simply one of the most talked about title fights, leading up to the event, and believe me, if you watch it unfold, then you will know why. Hence, join me in taking a closer look at what we can expect from this fight..

9. Johan "The Joker" Olsen vs "Se on kyalla hyva" Jarna Kuiva (MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE BOUT [185 LBS])

Here we go lads, we have finally arrived to the first of the two massive title fights that are going to take place tonight, and boy! this is a fight that i really can't wait to see, because, as we all clearly know, these two guys do not like each other at all, This rivalry, is pretty much unlike any to be honest, because there really is no real hate of massive proportion, between either of them, but, the thing that adds constant fuel to this rivalry, is all the talk about that first encounter between the two of them (won by Olsen), where in Kuiva got humiliated by a dominant Olsen, and from there on, Jarna Kuiva made it a obsession, to try and defame Olsen, and also try and get that rematch between them, so that he can show everyone, that the one and only defeat of his career, was a fluke victory for Olsen, and he (Kuiva) is still the best fighter in this division. So, my point is, this rivalry is all about jealousy, and not hate. But whatever the rivalry might be, it's still a rivalry, and hence, we can expect to see an absolute epic fight between the two of them, which no one can afford to miss. Now, let's take a look at both the fighters...

First up, the champion Johan Olsen, is a wrestler and a jiu jitsu specialist, who is by far and away, the most dominant Middleweight in Gladius Island currently. He has been on an absolute tear through the entire division, from the moment that he stepped for in this organization, which is proved, as he carries with himself, an undefeated professional record of (5 wins 0 losses), and frankly enough, no one has even come close to challenging him, which is pretty evident, as he has finished all of the five fights in the very first round. And therefore, even in this fight, he will look to take Kuiva to the ground asap, so that he can win yet another fight and further cement his status, as one of the best ever Middleweight champions in the history of Gladius Island.

But to do that, he will need to get past the challenger in Jarna Kuiva, who is a man on a mission (a mission that involves winning the title at any cost), and a man, who is out for revenge. Now, as i said in great detail above, Kuiva was the unfortunate one, that ended up losing the first encounter between these two, and therefore, he will be itching to get his hands on Olsen once again, so that he can have the last say in a rivalry that has been brewing between them for some time. So, to win this fight, Kuiva desperately needs to keep this fight in a standup position and use his superior striking advantage, because, we know that, if this fight goes to the ground, then it will be as good as game over for Kuiva, as he would never be able to live with Olsen in a grappling fight, cause he is too weak in that regard.Alas! Kuiva will be hoping to desperately win this fight, so that he can finally live him dream of becoming the champion in an organization, as well as have the final say on a long standing rivalry that has been haunting him for some time now.

~ PREDICTION: JOHAN OLSEN WINS VIA SUBMISSION (ROUND 1)

(MAIN EVENT)

So guys, it's time. It's time for the match that you all have been waiting for, live from the Hard Knocks arena, in the island, iiiiiiiit'sss tiiiiiiiiiime! 5 rounds of fighting for the undisputed Gladius Island Heavyweight championship, and therefore, let's waste absolute no time, and get straight into what we can expect to see from this fight..

10. Mbaku "Man Ape" Camara vs Chris "West Indies King" SanKing (HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [265 LBS])

Here we go then, the time has now finally arrived, for the two outright best Heavyweights (the two baddest dudes in the entire Gladius Roster) to square off in the middle of the cage. to determine the deserving champion, and the undisputed best Heavyweight fighter to ever step foot inside this organization. And therefore, you lot can expect this fight to be a match to remember, and tell your grandchildren in the future at some point of time in the future. Hence, let's now take a look at both the fighters involved.

So, the champion... well, there you have it, the guy doesn't really need any introduction at all, cause this one word (Champion) is enough for people to know what he is, and that is because, Camara is the single most dominant champion as well as dominant fighter in the history of Gladius island. He is an absolute monster of a man, who only comes into each and every one of his matches, with one thing in his mind, which is, that "I will take my opponent down and make him submit within the first round" (words out of Camara's brain). And why shouldn't he think like that? because as far as i see it, there is really been no one, who has even put up a fight against him (not because they are not good fighters, but it's because Camara is just extremely dominant, whenever he get's the fight to the ground), cause they simply can't live with his aggression, and that has resulted in him having a professional record of (7 wins 0 losses). Therefore, he will look to win this fight also, so that he could not only retain him title (that is obvious), but also cement his name as the best Heavyweight fighter, to ever step foot in Gladius Island.

Now the challenger, is a very different type of a fighter, as Chris SanKing, is a Muay thai striker, who has had a very consistent and stable career up until now, as he has got some good wins with mediocre to decent level fighters in the Gladius Heavyweight division, which has resulted in him, carrying a professional record of (5 wins 0 losses), but, then again, he has never really been involved in a match of this magnitude ever in his career with so much pressure to perform in (some would argue that Nosferatu was a good opponent, but i would still argue that 1 decent level fight is not enough), and therefore, he might end up bottling this fight under pressure if he is not careful. But, nevertheless, he would still want to desperately win the fight, so that he can accomplish is childhood dream of finally lifting a title, although ,to do that, he will have to very street-smart with his attacking moves, in a standup, and very aggressive while defending the takedowns, because if Camara becomes successful in getting this fight to the ground early, then it will be ny-on impossible, for SanKing to win this fight.

~ PREDICTION: MBAKU CAMARA WINS VIA SUBMISSION (ROUND 1) [Retains Title]

So that brings us to the end of yet another fantastic event which our organization has in store for us. I hope you all like the Preview,

And until next time, Stay safe and have a great day!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/21/21w6.jpg

Dwayne "The Rock" Jackson

Ahmed lose to Daniel. That is not good, cause I want to get the belt from the only guy to defeat me. After my upcoming fight if I ever win against Ishmael who is for sure is a formidable opponent. I want a shot to that belt again. So Mr. Wonder better set that event if I win my next fight.

• Upvote 1

With the news that Gladius will be taking on new talent from a rival Island organisation, you'd think the 185 champ Johan Olsen would be training hard.

Instead he's been pictured with a mystery girl after his wild Saturday night partying with strippers

joking4.jpg joking3.jpg

Johan "The Joker" Olsen

15885957412386.jpg

(6-0-0) 185lbs. #2 P4P Island Fighter

After being spotted with a mysterious girl over the last few weeks, it turns out the Joker has a new girlfriend, and she even accompanied him to the cage tonight in his successful defence against Jarna Kuiva. Who needs cornermen anyway? #TeamJoker

joking2.jpg

• Upvote 2