Cain vs Werdum fight predicitions

bjornmma1

Who will win : Cain Velasquez or Fabricio Werdum?   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and how : Cain Velasquez or Fabricio Werdum?

• Cain by (T)KO
    • Werdum by (T)KO
    • Cain by dec
    • Werdum by dec
    • Cain by sub
    • Werdum by sub

You disagree that JDS as a common opponent is relevant or that Cain will be on him like a glove the entire fight?

I disagree that JDS as a common opponent has any relevancy at this point concidering the fight between Cain and Werdum. I mean how could it be relevant? It's past, it's in the history books. All those three amazing fighters have _completely_ different styles. How can you say what happened between JDS and Werdum several years ago has ANY meaning when Cain and Werdum throw down?

These two savages are going to lock horns in the cage while their common opponent will look it from the sidelines.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I can see that. And thinking about two flash KO's from a super hard power puncher I agree it's less relevant than I thought it was at first. It doesn't make what Cain did any less impressive though. He destroyed Junior for almost a full hour. I think he'll do something similar to Werdum, no way does this fight wind up on the ground unless Cain wants it there and standing I think he'll grind him against the cage and do serious damage there.

• Downvote 1

Mma maths never works its stupid to say cain beats werdum because jds did its a fight anything can happen. My money is still on cain i love werdum but i think cain is another level. Lets hope his injuries are all healed and dont effect his fight

Cain will push him on the cage and wear him out. His cardio is nowhere near Cain's and by the 3rd or 4th this should be over. I think Cain will do a few takedowns to score, but wont try to keep it there for long.

I do not particularly like Cain, but his strategy works and against a guy such as Werdum which lacks power or size, i doubt he can beat him. Also his takedowns are nowhere near good enough to take Cain down.

Its the fight ufc would make. They can build a story around the jds-overeem rivalry. He is on a 1 fight win streak. Wierder shit has happened

Are you high? O_O

JDS won't get anywhere near a chance to fight for the belt as long as Cain holds the belt. He got destroyed twice in a row. Cain/JDS IV would make no sense whatsoever - even in a division that sucks and is dying like HW. Even Ronda doesn't have to fight same 2 opponents in last 5 fights.

Are you high? O_O

JDS won't get anywhere near a chance to fight for the belt as long as Cain holds the belt. He got destroyed twice in a row. Cain/JDS IV would make no sense whatsoever - even in a division that sucks and is dying like HW. Even Ronda doesn't have to fight same 2 opponents in last 5 fights.

Yeah i agree, a Cain v JDS fight now (or possibly ever) does not make any sense, unless they both go on some ridiculous winning streaks

Cain's going to run through Fabricio, IMO

:mf_popcorn1:

Werdum is better off his back than he is on top,so i don't think cain will stay on the ground. werdum also has a really good clinch game(which JDS lacks severly) also werdum might be the better striker. but with all that said if werdum can't finish cain/or hurt him badly in the first 2 rounds cain will utterly dominate him

Are you high? O_O

I am high (and drunk =basted) but my point still stands. Evntually jds will not stop beating everyone else so tgey give him cain. If one of those guys is overeem more money for ufc

I just have a nasty feeling that this will end up like Jones - Gus or GSP - Hendricks: Cain will win, but he's gonna get exposed and frustrated :) IMO he's underestimating Werdum - just look at everyone's opinions about the fight: Werdum might start scoring and keeping up with Cain well, but if Cain gets frustrated and will stop dominating - a couple of takedowns in the late rounds will give Cain the fight IMO.

I just have a nasty feeling that this will end up like Jones - Gus or GSP - Hendricks: Cain will win, but he's gonna get exposed and frustrated :) IMO he's underestimating Werdum - just look at everyone's opinions about the fight: Werdum might start scoring and keeping up with Cain well, but if Cain gets frustrated and will stop dominating - a couple of takedowns in the late rounds will give Cain the fight IMO.

I think you're way off, the HW to beat Cain isn't fighting in any major org right now. He's a fucking machine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To think that any fighter is going to dominate Fabricio Werdum on the ground and in the clinch is fucking mental. I have a feeling that when Cain tries to clinch and push Werdum to the cage he is going to drop to his back to get out of it, never allowing Cain to impose his will and dictate the fight. Without being able to wear his opponent down Cain loses his biggest advantage and gets picked apart. If Cain decides to go to the ground with Werdum he will get schooled. If Werdum takes Cain down then Cain will get schooled. That's not a bad thing though as getting a lesson from the 2 time ADCC champ is probably very expensive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To think that any fighter is going to dominate Fabricio Werdum on the ground and in the clinch is fucking mental. I have a feeling that when Cain tries to clinch and push Werdum to the cage he is going to drop to his back to get out of it, never allowing Cain to impose his will and dictate the fight. Without being able to wear his opponent down Cain loses his biggest advantage and gets picked apart. If Cain decides to go to the ground with Werdum he will get schooled. If Werdum takes Cain down then Cain will get schooled. That's not a bad thing though as getting a lesson from the 2 time ADCC champ is probably very expensive.

Yup, I'm sure if Fabricio just flops to his back Cain will follow him immediately. It's not like Cain has shown excellent fight IQ before right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1