• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Mooncutter

Mooncutter

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

I'd like to see elbows used, occassionaly, during standup striking. Because, in reality, they are. This frequence should relate to how much they are used in the clinch, or you would have to add another slider.

Either way, I would like to see this incorporated into the game engine. Having elbows should be a clear advantage in the clinch, like it is now, and a small advantage in standup striking. This would make adding elbows to a fighters arsenal a slightly more appealing option, which I think it should be. 

#2 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

Agreed. Also with knees. As it is 90% of people don't bother with them.

#3 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Yeah, that would be fun indeed. Maybe some real MT builds could work then.

144688237210gd6xc.jpg 2psljrc.jpg

• Guests

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Please listen to this Admin

#5 RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

This would be awesome but probably requires a lot of work. it would be a great improvement to KT which is right now a strange hybrid of kickboxing and muay thai.

but more important IMO is to make knees and elbows more effective in the clinch than punches. this would make the game more diverse and more real.

#6 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

Definitely. As much as we can complain about how "complicated" it is to make this happen with the game coding, it is nonetheless possible even if it is just as flavour text or along those lines. I'd be delighted to see elbows or knees happen in the standup, however rare it would be (and it is rare enough even in real fights).

#7 Mooncutter

Mooncutter

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

Definitely. As much as we can complain about how "complicated" it is to make this happen with the game coding, it is nonetheless possible even if it is just as flavour text or along those lines. I'd be delighted to see elbows or knees happen in the standup, however rare it would be (and it is rare enough even in real fights).

Yes, it would take some work, but you can test is extensively first, and then adjust in once you roll it out into the game. Make the difference quite small, if punches are mandatory for standup striking, kicking is a strong addition, but not manadatory. Elbows should add the advantage of maybe half of kicks, to standup striking. I think that's a good mark to aim for, in terms of power.

Knees, like mentioned above, should also be an advantage in standup striking. Roughly, at the same strength as elbows in my opinion. ESPECIALLY when instigating clinch, defending from clinch initiation, or breaking from clinch. These are distances just between clinch and standup range. But knees do have a role in standup striking, although much smaller than kicks, but that's a given.

Striking wise (not clinch), maybe, a fighter with 120 punches and 120 elbows and 120 striking def, should be an equal match to a fighter with 135 punches and 120 striking def. That sounds reasonable to me.

Taller fighters should have a slightly easier time with elbows at striking range, but they should work for everybody. Because in reality, they do work for everybody. Shorter fighters have better elbows at clinch range.

In the long run, I would like to see a box or a an option called FLASHY MOVES, these are high energy, high risk moves (flying knees, spinning elbows) that work depending on the fighters energy level, morale, confidence, intelligence, and experience.

I would think these things mostly work when fighters are tired if when you have an energy advantage. I feel like shorter fighters, in general, have a higher ability to jump and land flying knees, so I would give them an advantage in this. I would also give shorter fighters an advantage in spinning moves, like spinning elbows, because a smaller body can spin faster and easier without losing balance.

The main attraction with knees + elbows should be the clinch. But they should add a little something to standup striking as well. This would make them more desirable and create more game diversity.

#8 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Agreed. Also with knees. As it is 90% of people don't bother with them.

http://www.mmatycoon...php?FTID=897261

KO By Flying Knee just last week in my org.  Out of nowhere, I was shocked.

1510498238RFL_logo.png1496812091Untitled-3.png

#9 ovoxo

ovoxo

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:05 PM

http://www.mmatycoon...php?FTID=897261

KO By Flying Knee just last week in my org.  Out of nowhere, I was shocked.

That is actually a head kick.

Posted Image

#10 Humble

Humble

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

"In the long run, I would like to see a box or a an option called FLASHY MOVES, these are high energy, high risk moves (flying knees, spinning elbows) that work depending on the fighters energy level, morale, confidence, intelligence, and experience."

Love this idea ^ probably wont happen tho :/

#11 lotos

lotos

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Poker, women, martial arts, good food, strategy games and polyamory.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

I agree that elbows and knees should definitely be possible out of the clinch.....cos well, elbows and knees do jack shit in the clinch, so what the hell do we have them for?

I'd like to see submissions in the clinch as well....

..and while I'm in fantasy land, how about a bonus in the style you started in?

#12 NorthernNinjas

NorthernNinjas

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

I always thought it should be set up like punch combos. An extra slider with that you would add to punches or kick for elbows or knees, respectively. Same idea, in that it would be low percentage but high damage and you wouldn't really want to throw more than 10-15%

#13 ovoxo

ovoxo

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

I always thought it should be set up like punch combos. An extra slider with that you would add to punches or kick for elbows or knees, respectively. Same idea, in that it would be low percentage but high damage and you wouldn't really want to throw more than 10-15%

Thats actually a great idea.

Posted Image

#14 Loveladdy

Loveladdy

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 588 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

This would be a great idea, and also would give a reason for fighters to use elbows, maybe we could add knees for striking form a distance as well?

Broken Halo Pride

#15 vinxmark

vinxmark

White Belt

• Manager
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

There are some elbow strikes that are used in a distance like elbow thrust. I agree that Elbows should also be used in standup striking

#16 Revheat

Revheat

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

Would elbow spammer become a new fighter build?

#17 ZipperEyes

ZipperEyes

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Tabletop rpgs, MMA, and videogames
  • Manager Profile

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

WE NEED THIS SHIT

anderson-silva-guitar-hero-fighter.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5449984

#18 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

I know this chick with really pointy elbows... trust me you dont want to be under that girl

1510498238RFL_logo.png1496812091Untitled-3.png

#19 ZipperEyes

ZipperEyes

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Tabletop rpgs, MMA, and videogames
  • Manager Profile

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:58 AM

I know this chick with really pointy elbows... trust me you dont want to be under that girl

I mean if she is hot enough it would be worth it lmao :P

#20 esken

esken

White Belt

• Manager
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

IRL fighter that is good with knees are superb with kicking (Barbosa)

IRL fighter that is good with elbows are superb with striking (Condit)

Is there a fighter who is medioker in kicking but has worldclass knees? they dont grow on.. trees.  :dancing:

I dont think so. Its the same with elbows.

With a fighter with high kicks and MT - that should have a part of knees maximum damage output, lets call it a splitprimary for knees maximum damage output. A damage multiplier I think would be best way to describe what I mean. One good knee/elbow especially in counter makes so much difference IRL, I hope there will be changes to this part of the game for sure. 

(Sorry for my english)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users