Pick'em League (PFL6) July-December 2017

This is going to be the sixth pick'em league thread. I'm going to take the picks from the individual pick'em events for all UFC PPV's and Fight Nights that happen on Fox/FS1/FS2 and Main Cards (Depending who is on the rest of the card) from FXX/Fight Pass Events/TUF finales (if I remember) starting with TUF Finale Johnson vs Gaethje. The list below is the events UFC.com has on their schedule, it will be updated as they add more or change things.This is a pay to play league with all money to be distributed to three prizes in the end. Winners will be determined by amount of fights picked right, losses will determine tie breakers. I usually post the next pick'em as soon as I tally the results of the previous one but the card can change (possibly numerous times) between then and the the day of the fight. So, if you make your picks right away, you might what to check back closer to the day of the fight. Any pick not made (they added a fight, they changed a fighter and you didn't change or make your pick) will be recorded as a NP (No Pick). Draws get thrown out. Also with PTP, people who make picks in the pick'em threads that haven't paid will not be included in the league. The fee is 20k and go ahead and send it to me when you like prior to the fight night listed above. So, if you're interested please reply to this post.

Kenlow-Paid

The1rstSaint-Paid

Gonzasco-Paid

Deuce-Paid

Jacman-Paid

Fallen Angel-Paid

Jefframrod-Paid

JLP-Paid

Spazzie-Paid

Total:

Prize Pool:

$6915 from Jacman

100k from HXF

Overall Rankings:

224ee2ec8994a37f0e259df4b669fa8d.png

The Ultimate Fighter Finale Johnson vs Gaethje
(Friday July 7, 2017)

The Ultimate Fighter Finale Johnson vs Gaethje Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 213 Nunes vs Shevchenko
(Saturday July 8, 2017)

UFC 213 Nunes vs Shevchenko Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Nelson vs Ponzinibbio
(Sunday July 16, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Nelson vs Ponzinibbio Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Weidman vs Gastelum
(Saturday July 22, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Weidman vs Gastelum Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 214 Cormier vs Jones 2
(Saturday July 29, 2017)

UFC 214 Cormier vs Jones 2 Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Pettis vs Moreno
(Saturday August 5, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Pettis vs MorenoPick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Struve vs Volkov
(Saturday September 2, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Struve vs Volkov Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 215 Johnson vs Borg
(Saturday September 9, 2017)

UFC 215 Johnson vs Borg Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Rockhold vs Branch
(Saturday September 16, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Rockhold vs Branch Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Shogun vs Saint Preux 2
(Friday September 22, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Shogun vs Saint Preux 2 Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 216 Ferguson vs Lee
(Saturday October 7, 2017)

UFC 216 Ferguson vs Lee Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Cerrone vs Till
(Saturday October 21, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Cerrone vs Till Pick'em Thread Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Machida vs Brunson
(Saturday October 28, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Machida vs Brunson Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 217 Bisping vs St-Pierre
(Saturday November 4, 2017)

UFC 217 Bisping vs St-Pierre Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Poirier vs Pettis
(Saturday November 11, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Poirier vs Pettis Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Werdum vs Tybura
(Saturday November 18, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Werdum vs Tybura Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Bisping vs Gastelum
(Saturday November 25, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Bisping vs Gastelum Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

TUF A New World Champion Finale TBA vs TBD
(Friday December 1, 2017)

TUF A New World Champion Finale Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 218 Holloway vs Aldo 2
(Saturday December 2, 2017)

UFC 218 Holloway vs Aldo 2 Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Swanson vs Ortega
(Saturday December 9, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Swanson vs Ortega Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Lawler vs Dos Anjos
(Saturday December 16, 2017)

UFC Fight Night Lawler vs RDA Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 219 Cyborg vs Holm
(Saturday December 30, 2017)

UFC 219 Cyborg vs Holm Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

i'm in as always :)

may be predicting the winning method as in DEC, SUB or (t)KO in all the main even matches and all the main card matches of PPV and giving some kind of extra points as a tie breaker at the end

may be it's too much ... but adding some variety to the game

• 4 weeks later...

i'm in as always :)

may be predicting the winning method as in DEC, SUB or (t)KO in all the main even matches and all the main card matches of PPV and giving some kind of extra points as a tie breaker at the end

may be it's too much ... but adding some variety to the game

Thinking of it this way. Not using the wins as the scoring factor but using a scoring point system To make it easier it would be one point for every win. Then on the main card it would be an additional 1 point for a Decision and 2 points for Sub or KO/TKO, meaning on a typical 13 fight card you could have 25 points if you got every fight right and every main card fight won won by finish. Everybody needs to weigh in on this, as I need to set the rules for the league up before next Friday, though I can't put the first pick'em up until after the last episode of TUF airs Wednesday.

I need to know if you guys want to try the new point system or stick with the old scoring (just counting wins). Also do we want to stick the same events (PPV, FS1/2 Fight Nights, Main Cards on TUF Finales & Fight Pass Events) or do the whole cards? Also, on that do we want to pick for Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series on the July 11th?

I need to know if you guys want to try the new point system or stick with the old scoring (just counting wins). Also do we want to stick the same events (PPV, FS1/2 Fight Nights, Main Cards on TUF Finales & Fight Pass Events) or do the whole cards? Also, on that do we want to pick for Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series on the July 11th?

I've always said just stick with PPVs and Fight Nights (FOX/FS1/FS2), I honestly don't pay attention to the TUF Finales any more (with the exception of one or two fights) and completely ignore Fight Pass stuff, but if we just stick to the Main Card on those, I'd be ok. The Tuesday Night Contender thing just seems like overkill.

I am OK with the new points system .. to make things different this time ...

with the events, I am alright with all the PPV, FS1 and 2 cards, Fight Nights, Prelims, Fight Pass, TUF ....

but NOT Dana White's thing

I'm going to do an exception to the rule on Tuf Finales. The issue we had at first that led to the main card only rule was we were getting people on the card that nobody ever heard of. (Same thing with Fight Pass Cards that led to people wanting to know why we were only picking the main card). The TUF finale next week isn't like that. People in the Prelims and Early Prelims: Angela Hill, Ashley Yoder, Ed Herman, CB Dollaway, Jessica Eye, Aspen Ladd, Gray Maynard, Teruto Ishihara, Tecia Torres, Juliana Lima.

have you decided anything about the new point system ? or do we stick to the old win counts ?

as of right now, you're the only person in favor of the new system

sure it's Play to Play but any other donations will be accepted for the prize pool.