NFL 2017 Discussion

JLP

My guess to that question is since it starting to happen more frequently the commissioner decided to make an example out of them to further detur fights.

it wasn't the commissioner that handed out the suspensions, it was his second in command.

Bears are in the annual late season total meltdown stage. Injuries (more than half the defense is out, OL has regressed horribly), incompetence (Fox and friends) and infighting (players getting into screaming matches at Halas Hall over broads) are taking their toll on da beloved. I'd almost like to see a loss to the 49ers today just to see how bad it can really get here.

Bears are in the annual late season total meltdown stage. Injuries (more than half the defense is out, OL has regressed horribly), incompetence (Fox and friends) and infighting (players getting into screaming matches at Halas Hall over broads) are taking their toll on da beloved. I'd almost like to see a loss to the 49ers today just to see how bad it can really get here.

So how bad is it???

So how bad is it???

Usually Tuesday is the day the behind the scenes stuff leaks out. Tomorrow will be fun listening to the sports stations to and from work.

Bears had one safety and one LB who started the season opener available. The 49er receivers were wide open the entire game and the bears coaches compounded that by refusing to blitz and playing deep zones. Garropalo will never have an easier time throwing the ball.

Trubisky looked great though. He still doesnt make his progressions fast enough and has bad feet in the pocket, but you can tell he's improving. Too bad the coaches dont believe in modern passing football. Probably would have been an easy win if they werent committed to running the ball behind a banged up and rapidly declining OL.

Bucs are a sinking ship with no depth.

Our OLine is trash, and I'm not sure if it's directly responsible for Winston's regression as an NFL QB or not - I know Hard Knocks didn't help a 23 year old kid - but after that first drive yesterday Winston went back to his usual self and our offense couldn't pick up a blitz or design a play to at least have one guy running a quick slant/drag across the middle in wide open space, since Pack was blitzing 6-7 at a time, it would of been pretty easy.

I don't mind Koetter, but I think he was better in the box. There's a reason why he wanted Lovie Smith to stay the HC. He just agreed with the GM that they needed to remove defense out of his crippled hands. Really hope he can get this shit together and we don't have to go through another regime change, QB change, and watch the org crumble... again.

I love Desean Jackson now that he's a Buc, great mentality, plays hard just about every down, even if he has been having a miserable time being here.

Bucs desperately need OL, DB, and DL. If we fix OL and still have QB issues than we address that after.

Well that was better than I expected. Gives me a little confidence foles can at least game manage. But we’re still not winning even one playoff game if the defense keeps playing the way it has the last 3 wks

I seen something.

"Eagles have only X win over teams with winning record"

and I think that's a really bad sign. Rams looked amazing vs Seahawks. I wouldn't bet against them going into NFC side of playoffs. As much as it pains me to say it, Saints are building a little momentum too. I knew Carolina would be good this year but didn't see NO winning more than 6 or 7 games.

I haven't been watching many games or highlights this year, for obvious reasons lol... but I have been surprised at the success Goff is having statistically. I thought Carson Wentz was a good QB prospect but felt like Goff would nosedive in the NFL. Wonder if Sean McVay is just that good of a coach, great system, or if Goff is actually an NFL caliber QB.

Winston with a performance we've been missing all season. His best game throwing the football since Buffalo. Probably better than the Bills game tbh. Gives you a glimpse of hope.

We just have some many holes and not enough talent around it to hide those holes. We need a vast defensive line overhaul. OL bully our DL and it's not even close. When teams run the ball their RB is getting to the second and third level without having a hand on him. Never a good thing - ask Chris Conte - prolly has a concussion or two after Devonte Freeman bowled into him repetitively.

Realistically, we need starters @ min. 5 up to 7 positions on defense.

CB x2:

Grimes is gone, and Hargreaves is a Nickle)

S x1:

Justin Evans can play, he's athletic, and he'll get his nose dirty. He needs more reps. We gotta get somebody else back there that can cover)

DE x2:

1 starter and 1 depth guy. Noah Spence is undersized and rarely beats the OT. Robert Ayers hasn't produced. Gholston hasn't done much. It would do us some good to get Bosa/Clowney/Garrett type. Big, fast, athletic. and maybe sign some other guy to come in as rotational depth.

LB x1:

We have fast LB's who are borderline undersized. TB makes the mistake thinking that because Levonte and Kwon are fast, they can cover TEs, RBs, and WRs. They are fast, but they are nothing like Derrick Brooks. We need to stop depending on our LBs in these matchups because they get lost in space and beat in 1 vs 1s just about every time. I think we need a true MLB who can cover and stuff the run. The guys we got at LB now get bullied by OL and are pretty ineffective vs the run when an OL gets a hand on them. I like David, Kwon, and Beckwith has potential, but I wouldn't hesitate in an attempt to upgrade the LB position if there was a clear cut better player available.

Offense line disaster. We need starting LT and 1-2 offensive guards. I think Marpet to center was a bad move but we'll see how it turns out. Hopefuly Demar Dotson returns 100% healthy because we just paid him to be our starting RT for a couple more years.

Eagles are a Super Bowl contender this year. We’re 2nd in the league in rushing. 1st at stopping the run. We lead the nfl in qb hurries/hits per game with 26. We lead the nfc with 20 takeaways. Carson is playing great situational football too. Just got Darby back and still have Sydney Jones (dunno if he’ll play this year tho).

However right now I’d pick the saints to represent the nfc. Defense is above average they are 3rd in the nfl in rushing and have turned drew brees into a game manager except when he needs to play hero ball like last week. That scares me. Vikings and Panthers aren’t pushovers but I trust Carson > Keenum or Newton.

Im thankful for joe Douglas bc howie roseman listens to him and he brought us Derek Barnett (leads birds in qb hits in way less snaps), Timmy Jernigan, Ronald Darby for a 3rd and Jordan Matthews. Ajayi for a 4th. I feel confident with our front office now

I would of loved if Tampa traded for Darby. Haven't watched him all year, felt like he got beat a lot vs the Giants, but I would take young Darby over Hargreaves and aging Grimes. could just be the FSU homer in me. we gotta have somebody to defend Winston's annual sexual assault lol.

I really wanted Nigel Bradham when he was leaving the Bills. Still kind of upset at the bucs for not getting him to TB. Not sure how he's doing up there but the dude is a freak athlete.

btw, yall got Jaylen Watkins. I played football with him and his cousins. I was at his draft party and everybody was so excited he got drafted by the Eagles except me. lol. happy he got drafted, knew he would, but the fuckin eagles of all teams. Bucs vs Eagles was a heated rivalry back in the Bucs glory days. I know he's a backup, depth guy, but he's a really good kid/dude. If you knew his family (cousins) or where he comes from, you'd be surprised he made it out in the 1st place.

Nigel bradham does a great job for us actually. Think he may be due for a payday soon hope we keep him. Our best LB’er is Hicks but dude is fucking hurt all the time. He’s not as athletic but he’s so good at recognizing plays and routes in coverage that he’s always in the right spot.

I thought Watkins did a really good job last year. He got to play a fair amount bc our secondary sucked ass and when we started to get injuries at DB we were forced to move Malcom Jenkins to guarding slot wr’s a lot and he’d take Malcolm’s spot.

i didn’t expect Carson to look like an mvp candidate already but I had a feeling as a team we’d be good this year. Last year we had 0 weapons, no run game, our offensive line was a mess when lane was out and we had a rookie QB. Yet we finished with a 7-9 record with 7 of our 9 losses being less than a TD. So we were in almost every game. So after adding some talent offensively and hoping lane Johnson wouldn’t get suspended again I figured even with only minor improvements on Carson’s part we’d be a 10 win team

NFL week 16 and I'm pretty sure that in Chicago I've been able to watch at least 12 of the Cowboys games this year. They are a mediocre team and are pretty boring to watch. Fuck FOX and the NFL for ramming this garbage team down my throat when there have often been way better games on.

so, yeah, we won 5 more games than the Browns.

That last win saved the season.

Mike Evans needs 54 yards to reach 1000, he got to 55 after two clutch catches on the final drive. Jameis needed 1 more TD to break Dan Marino's record, he got it with that last pass. This was a huge milestone for both players and definitely impacted the way they played. Jameis 3 INT's looked bad. But he was forcing the ball to Mike, I wasn't surprised when I seen the post game conference and he at least admitted it and acknowledged it.

On that last drive:

• Mike Evans got to 55 yards, eclipsing 1000 yds receiving for 4th straight season.
  • Jameis Winston throws a TD breaking Dan Marino's TD record before 24th bday.
  • Mike Evans catches a jump ball over Marshawn Lattimore on 2 point conversion - same player he got suspended for punching.
  • We beat the Saints who are a notoriously dirty and cheap team who talk a ton of shit.

You can see it during the game, all the shit talking the Saints did. Some player was excessively running his mouth to Adam Humphries after he caught a fair catch. They tried a cheap ass chop block with an interior lineman vs Gerald McCoy on an outside run going the other direction. Illegal as fuck. McCoy was pissed. I think it really lit a fire in our players. and if it weren't for the Saints dirty antics and trash talking we probably wouldn't of been as fired up to get the W.

Great early b-day present, great start going into new year, we have 7th overall pick and everybody in front of us mostly needs QB's. We will probably be targeting Bradley Chubb and Derwin James with that 1st pick. I'll be happy with either.

I think there's gonna be a lot of "bust" Qb's coming into the NFL this year in the 1st round; Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen. I think Josh Allen has the highest ceiling out of these guys but tbh I haven't watched a lot of tape on any of em.

That last win saved the season.

Mike Evans needs 54 yards to reach 1000, he got to 55 after two clutch catches on the final drive. Jameis needed 1 more TD to break Dan Marino's record, he got it with that last pass. This was a huge milestone for both players and definitely impacted the way they played. Jameis 3 INT's looked bad. But he was forcing the ball to Mike, I wasn't surprised when I seen the post game conference and he at least admitted it and acknowledged it.

On that last drive:

• Mike Evans got to 55 yards, eclipsing 1000 yds receiving for 4th straight season.
  • Jameis Winston throws a TD breaking Dan Marino's TD record before 24th bday.
  • Mike Evans catches a jump ball over Marshawn Lattimore on 2 point conversion - same player he got suspended for punching.
  • We beat the Saints who are a notoriously dirty and cheap team who talk a ton of shit.

You can see it during the game, all the shit talking the Saints did. Some player was excessively running his mouth to Adam Humphries after he caught a fair catch. They tried a cheap ass chop block with an interior lineman vs Gerald McCoy on an outside run going the other direction. Illegal as fuck. McCoy was pissed. I think it really lit a fire in our players. and if it weren't for the Saints dirty antics and trash talking we probably wouldn't of been as fired up to get the W.

Great early b-day present, great start going into new year, we have 7th overall pick and everybody in front of us mostly needs QB's. We will probably be targeting Bradley Chubb and Derwin James with that 1st pick. I'll be happy with either.

I think there's gonna be a lot of "bust" Qb's coming into the NFL this year in the 1st round; Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen. I think Josh Allen has the highest ceiling out of these guys but tbh I haven't watched a lot of tape on any of em.

I had to defend Jamesis on Facebook. Some bitch was like "Winston is garbage and we need to draft a QB to replace him." I told her she needs to compare his stats in his first three years compared to other QBs his age before she decides to make a comment.

5bd06752dfb509a2b00aebca912e8570.jpg