The 2017/2018 Football (Soccer) Thread

Bwang

If Arsenal loses to Spurs and finishes below them again then well.....shit

tbh even with supposed wembley factor if spurs dont finish above than arsenal then i would see it as big surprise.

Arsenal as usual as they do will fuck up through out the season and drop points where they should not.its a yearly cycle which repeats itself.

The real question is if spurs dont win anything this season then it would become very hard to keep some of those top players they employ of shit wages.

Media loves to hound AW and Mou.I hope somehow Arsenal win this weekend.i mean with city s attack if arsenal capitulate then we can easily see a fucking 4.-2.5-0,6-1 etc drubbing.

Utd travel to Bridge and as long as the gap between the top ranked city and them is 5 points Mou cant play any match for a draw.

Real lose to Girona 2-1 and fall 8 points behind FCB.imo the league is done.congrats Barca.

Real lose to Girona 2-1 and fall 8 points behind FCB.imo the league is done.congrats Barca.

Spurs also beat Real, so they are going through a rough patch. I have to say that against us, Real looked very laid back, they almost played as if they did not care. Considering how much money they are getting paid, i would expect at least some passion. We played a very good tactical game, but that is no excuse.

Utd pretty much in last 16 unless they get destroyed like 4-0 or something by basel and cska.

A.Madrid are pretty much out of CL unless qarabag pulls off result vs cfc and roma.

Seria a table toppers Napoli are out of CL if Shakhtar get one more point.

Dortmund and Celtic too will be gone to El most likely.

Arsenal are fucked.lol

Among the Elite leagues i think the Bundesliga is the most one sided out there, i guess Spain is two sided, but anyway. PSG will probably be running away with the title for a few years in a row now as well. I think the other big leagues need to consider making changes more in line with the EPL where the TV money is evenly spread out, this will help their leagues become more competitive.

WC play offs this weekend.

i predict

Northern Ireland vs Switzerland 1-2

Swiss should win over two legs.They lost only once to Portugal in qualifiers and scored for fun and have better players.

Croatia vs Greece 2-1

Greek probably hoping for their CB trio of Manolas,Sokratis and Papadopolous to stop Attacking Crotian talent which have not performed up to their own standards in qualifiers.Their coach was fired so a new guy is in the job.i think if Greeks can get 0-1 win away then they should finish the job in at home.

Denmark vs Republic of Ireland 2-1

Hoping for some goals from Bendtner.He is top scorer in Norway so far.Eriksen is off course a vital player.Irish come off as team that is hard to beat.They have only scored 12 goals in qualifiers so they would try to nick a away goal and then hope to get the job done at home.This is fiesty tie imo.

Sweden vs Italy 0-2

immobile is in top form.3 goals over two legs should be more than enough for Italy to shut down Sweden for good.

Honduras vs Australia 0-1

No idea about Honduras but i think Australia are favourites with Cahill as their main man.He scores when they it need the most.

New Zealand vs Peru 0-0

NZL are decent sidebut so is Peru.However Peru will miss their inspirational captain and front man Guerrero because of whom Peru are in Play offs.However i expect Peru to win at home.

Among the Elite leagues i think the Bundesliga is the most one sided out there,

BvB are bit like Arsenal in the sense that they drop points all throughout the season when they are expected to win.its not like Bayern have always play exceptionally well to win the title.If you are Bayern and you lose point on X matchday,you still have the thought that BvB are gonna drop points here and there.There is always room for Bayern to make it up for the loss.

The problem is that unlike PL there is no other club that you can really count to beat the title challenger i.e Bayern in this case.

Even in Italy,Roma,Lazio and Napoli are very good teams.

Just read that Ronaldo and Benzema have scored one goal each this season - is that right?! Finished!

In the premier league it seems: Moyes to West Ham and Allardyce to Everton. The managerial merry go round continues. Boring as hell, giving the same old guys the good jobs over and over.

*la liga season.

Big Sam is obvious choice considering EFC is in and around relegation spots.Best option is to sign him for the rest of the season.He saves them from relegation then leaves.

the worst mistake Moyes ever made to take up that sunderland job.That totally tarnished his image whatever was left of it.Rather he should throw his name out for Scotland job.A change in managerial scenery might help him.who knows.lol

Eng did well against Germany (reserves..) tonight.

Well, let me rephrase that - Germany did well, England did what England do - panic when in possession and give the ball away after ten seconds! What Eng did do that's good is defend well and occasionally, almost by luck than judgement, get in some high octane passes up the wing and crosses into the centre. They did do better as the game went on to be fair.

I think Southgate's 5-3-2 formation suits them, and this team with some additions could be OK.

Pickford - good. Much better than Hart. You can tell by Pickford's face that he's a man who has had to try hard in his life and being a good goalkeeper is all and everything to him.

Defence - Maguire, yes! Made for it. Stones, alright, Jones, alright. Cahill could come in instead of Jones. Gomez was ok. Also have Smalling as a similar mediocre option and Alfie Mawson who should be tested out soon in my opinion. Rose and Walker as wing backs. Trippier did well, good second choice along with Bertrand. Our wing backs options at least are pretty good.

Midfield - Dier sitting is quite comforting, a forth CB! Loftus Cheek was excellent. No fear, positive drives and passes. I'd keep him in the first team. Livermore, no thanks, but Dele Alli in there would be perfect.

Two up front - Kane and Rashford. Bingo. That's a decent enough team. Sterling on the bench as a surprise speedy attack late in a game, Vardy too. Wellbeck as another sub if he ever comes back. Lingard I'm afraid showed his level with that last second hoik over the bar from 4 yards out.

Pickford

Rose Stones Jones Maguire Walker

Alli Dier Loftus-Cheek

Kane Rashford

As much as I loved Slaven Bilic and think he is an absolute gentleman of a human being, his time in the job was done. Not enough experience in the role or consistency to really succeed on a long term basis, but I'll forever love him for that final season at Upton Park.

I'm actually really positive about David Moyes taking over as West Ham manager. He got himself a solid backroom team (Alan Irvine, Stuart Pearce and Billy McKinlay) that won't tolerate poor attitudes in training, where Bilic lacked discipline. According to reports, the team is being trained much harder in this one week than they have done since that final Upton Park season. I've rated Moyes from his time at Everton, although it remains to be seen if his methods still hold up in the modern game or if he can adapt to the current day.

One thing I really want to see is the board being less vocal. It might just be because I don't follow the news from other clubs as closely, but it doesn't feel like any other PL team has their owners talking to the media as much as ours do, and it's annoying as fuck. They need to stfu and let the team work rather than causing unnecessary drama or bullshit that the team have to deal with. The Carvalho saga was just embarrassing and it's annoying that David Sullivan lets his son spout inside knowledge on twitter.

• 2 months later...

Apparently Leicester rejected a 65m offer for Mahrez from City, they wanted 95m!!! Now he is on strike and refuses to play because they promised to sell him if an appropriate offer came along. I think in the end they will probably have to sell him off for 45-50m in the summer due to them being so greedy. I know that in today's market a former EPL MVP (2 years ago) and still 26y old, could theoretically go for 65m, but to demand 95m is absurd.

Also i see that Arsenal sold half their attack. Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez are all gone in this window, they did manage to land that dude from Dortmund (the guy i cannot spell his name) and the Armenian dude from United (who i also cannot spell his name), but overall i think they are probably weaker after these mid season changes.

Spurs landed Moura from PSG for just 25m, i think that is a bargain in todays market.

arsenal will suck dicks as long as they dont fix their defence.hahaha all they have is a loser bunch of players.Arsenal need to spend on centre backs and defensive mid.signing of aubameyang and mikhi will give some false hope to arsenal fans but they will disappoint their fans ultimately as always they do.arsenal have become a joke.

I find arsenals transfer dealings bizarre because they are not going to finish top 4, swapping Sanchez put pay to that so he should be doing what united did last year & make the europa a priority(winning the europa is an automatic place in next years champions league). The trouble is the 2 guys he brought in cant play in the europa so they are a lot worse of right now. Offering just 12 million for Jonny Evans was a piss take aswell hes a quality defender & around 20 million is still a bargain for him. Selling Giroud to Chelsea again bizarre he was the only player who could act as a target man now they cant do that.

Wenger will shock the world by resigning at the end of the season on his own terms.

Lucas Moura to Tottenham for 25 million is an absolute steal

Im not too sure tbh hes all about pace & hes soon to be 29 so maybe a couple of years then the pace will start to wane and he wont be the same player but Wenger had to show some intent & he did by signing him. If Arsenal finish top 4 id be very suprisd & if not its another failed season. Rebuilding is needed & that will only start once hes gone i think

Im not too sure tbh hes all about pace & hes soon to be 29 so maybe a couple of years then the pace will start to wane and he wont be the same player but Wenger had to show some intent & he did by signing him. If Arsenal finish top 4 id be very suprisd & if not its another failed season. Rebuilding is needed & that will only start once hes gone i think

Yeah, he is a guy that relies a lot on his pace, either way, he should be an impact player for them in the short run.

I think Aubameyang was a massive steal for Arsenal, i always rated that guy as a top 5 type striker, but i have no idea why he went to Arsenal, i thought his next move was to go up, this move is more of a sideways one at best.

Ac Milan wanted him last summer, but failed as usual.

Thank God that they have one nice youth striker, Cutrone, who will be vital for them in the future!