Openweight KT Tournament

Congratulations to the following fighters for winning extra bonuses! We had a great first round!

Bloodthirsty (first to draw blood), $20k: Nero La Croix

Shredder (first TKO by cut), $20k: Deacon Frost

Most Strikes In Clinch, $5k: Third Round Romero

Fastest KO, $10k: Kusal Perera

Congratulations guys! I'll be pming you tonight.

So do we have ourselves a tourney?

Perhaps Garret will let me take this back over and we can move forward from the first event into a double loss elimination tournament as we all had originally planned. I think that would be ideal for everyone involved. Thank you all for your continued patience.

Assuming the rest of the tournament goes uninterrupted:

WINNERS BRACKET:

Third Round Romero

Vs

Nero La Croix

Liam McRae

Vs

Chuck Norris Jr

Deacon Frost

Vs

Kusal Perera

Scott Parker

Vs

Jason Tanner

Viktor Soshnyanin

Vs

Rosinante Costacurta

LOSERS BRACKET:

James Delaney

Vs

Robert MacArthur Jnr

Maximus Ukkeli

Vs

Bjorn Ragnarson

Chris Deal

Vs

Makunouchi Ippo

Bas Dekkers

Vs

Niles Black

DBrickshaw Stevens

Vs

Takamura Mamoru

• Upvote 2

I don't think I can use it from my phone, so to clarify: the winner of fight one fights the winner of fight two, etc. in the third round, one winner and one loser will get a bye, because extra fighters got tacked on to the tournament at the end without my knowledge or consent.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34b5.jpg

...and Perera counters with a straight right, followed by a hook and finally a brutal uppercut! Frost drops to the canvas, flat on his back and unconcious - no need for the referee to start the count as this one is all over! Perera struts around like it's just an every day occurrence to knock someone out in such brutal fashion. A dominant finish for Perera!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:05 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punches). Kusal Perera!

"Someone check on Frost, I might have killed him." - Kusal Perera

I gotta work til close tonight, but prizes will be handed out tonight. Congratulations guys! Those who have been eliminated from the main tournament and losers bracket can still win prizes if they meet the criteria, so I hope everyone stays involved for these last few rounds!

Since there was some discussion about fights happening so quickly after the last round, I have decided to allow the finals and semifinals participants time to fight uninjured and uncut. The bracket will be updated tomorrow afternoon, CST, and the prize money from last round will be handed out as well. Congratulations, and good luck in the next round!

Round Three Bracket:

WINNERS' BRACKET:

Nero La Croix vs. Chuck Norris, Jr.

Kusal Perera vs. Scott Parker

Rosinante Costacurta gets a bye this week

LOSERS' BRACKET

Robert MacArthur Jr. vs. Maximus Ukelli

Makunouchi Ippo vs Bas Dekkers

Takamura Mamoru gets a bye

Plus I have some prize money to hand out, so expect those messages this evening!

• Upvote 1

The fighters from each bracket with the fastest victory in round three get a bye in round four. Anyone no longer in the tournament who wants released to take part in the several upcoming KT tournaments, send me a PM. Thanks for seeing this thing through with me, and I'm glad everything is working out more or less for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, we are down to the semifinal round! Congratulations to our last four contestants; I will be sending out the fight offers within the next couple of days. If anybody would like to fight in the next two KT events on the undercard, send me a PM! Thanks for sticking it out!

• 3 weeks later...

At long last, we have arrived at the finals! For the final round, I have brought back many of our openweight kt competitors as well as some of our regular mma fighters to round out a huge card. We have a lot of hype going into this, so I anticipate we will sell out the arena again. Congratulations, and thank you all for bearing with me!

• 4 weeks later...

We have finally reached the end of this grotesque travesty of a tournament. Prizes will be awarded tomorrow. Thanks for sticking it out, fellas, and congratulations to our Openweight KT Champion, KUSAL PERERA, who won by definitive first round knockout of former GAMT Champion Maximus Ukelli. All prizes will be awarded today.

• Upvote 1

We have finally reached the end of this grotesque travesty of a tournament. Prizes will be awarded tomorrow. Thanks for sticking it out, fellas, and congratulations to our Openweight KT Champion, KUSAL PERERA, who won by definitive first round knockout of former GAMT Champion Maximus Ukelli. All prizes will be awarded today.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34b5.jpg

"It was an honour to fight so many guys I looked up to when I was training. Thank you all so much."