Fighter of the week profile

bjornmma1

Prospect of the week?

I think this could be a good one, but for proper prospects who have fought more than 1 and are 19 or older. Because i'm sure a lot of 1-0 18 year old granites could be considered a prospect, I mean somebody who has developed well and SHOULD be a top fighter.

I know a lot of guys who reckon they got the next best thing, cough Liam Davidson cough Igor Quincy

• Upvote 1

Prospects are my favorite, I'll do a quick write up on the guy mentioned above.

Name: Igor Quincy

Record: 3-1

Organization: SPI Helsinki

Strengths: KO power, comfortable striking and grappling

Weaknesses: very suspect chin, suspect heart

Quincy debuted at 18 against a 17 year old at the Vendetta vs LOD event. He popped KO power but was more interested in a grind it out approach, using TD's and clinch work to win a one sided decision. The next fight has so far been the most telling as he fought Fist in a QFC and was quickly knocked out. The first punch that landed knocked Quincy down and the following two punches knocked him clean out. The next two fights saw him knock out two unimpressive opponents, one of which had popped "solid chin".

Prospect rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Quincy looks like a keeper that will develop into a solid offensive fighter. A suspect chin will more than likely keep him from ever being a top 10 weight class fighter, but he could surprise and develop the build needed to compete with his hiddens.

• Upvote 5

Quincy debuted at 18 against a 17 year old at the Vendetta vs LOD event. He popped KO power but was more interested in a grind it out approach, using TD's and clinch work to win a one sided decision. The next fight has so far been the most telling as he fought Fist in a QFC and was quickly knocked out. The first punch that landed knocked Quincy down and the following two punches knocked him clean out. The next two fights saw him knock out two unimpressive opponents, one of which had popped "solid chin".

Prospect rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Quincy looks like a keeper that will develop into a solid offensive fighter. A suspect chin will more than likely keep him from ever being a top 10 weight class fighter, but he could surprise and develop the build needed to compete with his hiddens.

Cool assesment about him. That's pretty much identical to what I told Liam some time ago. Quincy looks good, but his chin might be a little problem. Hopefully he can work his way around the problem.

Prospect of the week?

I think this could be a good one, but for proper prospects who have fought more than 1 and are 19 or older. Because i'm sure a lot of 1-0 18 year old granites could be considered a prospect, I mean somebody who has developed well and SHOULD be a top fighter.

I know a lot of guys who reckon they got the next best thing, cough Liam Davidson cough Igor Quincy

Would one have to submit a prospect to the writer ( or on here), or would he chose one himself? How do you see this? I must say that I like the idea and also the way JLP wrote it for Quincy!

Thanks JLP.

I think his chin is ok but not great, Fist has shown he can KO most people. So no let down.

I was heavily under skilled however that has changed a lot. I think I can make something of him.

Nice to see this thread carrying on but also nice to see it diversifying a little and possibly bringing the spotlight to a few hopefuls for the future.

Great work guys.

Would one have to submit a prospect to the writer ( or on here), or would he chose one himself? How do you see this? I must say that I like the idea and also the way JLP wrote it for Quincy!

Yeah, I really liked JLP's write up too.

I think a good way to do this (hard work for whoever is gonna do it) but, to re-open the prospect thread. People submit their prospects in the thread, the writer then will make an unordered list of all the guys and eventually do a write up for each one. Putting them in categories 1-5. Every 2 months having an update on them and their progress and if they're prospect level is on track, better or possibly worse.

• Upvote 1

Prospect of the week?

We done a rising stars thing in the TWW, funny enough just going through them i found this. Both guys were in the same article.

Leonardo"Wrathchild"Ferreira(168852)-At 27 years old and already a 18-5 record this Tosen project is getting nothing short of world class experience having 5 fights in Heroic and recently just fought in top promotion Ascension. Leonardo is currently moving up the Heavyweight rankings and is showing no signs of slowing down. I predict that this guy will break into the top 20 pound for pound rankings in his next fight and the sky is the limit.

Jameson "Guinness" Connemara(183015)-Klatz Matz has been showing his world class managing skills with Jameson who is currently sitting at 15-0, and recently broke into the top 100 pound for pound rankings. Jameson just signed with top 20 org Dominance and their Featherweight division should be able to give him a challenge, even though he has already fought and beat some very promising fighters in other orgs. He is a student of the game and not only does he has the power to knock his opponents out, but he has the skill set to out point and beat them up for a decision as well.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

What is the maximum age to be considered a prospect still?

I got this question 2-3 times already. Probably about 23 and under. At 23-25 you pretty much know what you have.

If someone sends me a guy to write up just send the one guy you feel the best about. I'm not going to do writeups for more than one fighter per manager.

I only received on fighter of the week request this week..

Arthur "The Shamrock" Curry (230303) (12-4 record)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14431842983677.gif

"Arthur Curry made headlines this week, at ~T~ ITFL Round 6.1 where he took home his 2nd straight win in his comeback to glory. He has won his first 2 fights since being picked up by manager Bjorn O'Donnel.

Starting his career under the management of Clark Kent. Curry went 10-0 to start his career, winning all by KO/TKO. He achieved his life long goal of becoming Champion when he won the Three Ring Fight Leauge SHW Title in his second ever fight. He soon after gave his belt up and traveled to Hilo for a fight, and went on to win the Barbarian FC HW Title, Honour FC HW Title & UNFC HW Title. He defeated future stars such as Vidar Nord & Imperiex Prime. Curry looked unbeatable as he cruised threw every fight, eventually taking a long long layoff for unknown reasons. His manager abruptly retired and Curry seemed to disappear from the MMA scene.

Curry made his return about a year and a half after his hiatus, signing with manager Rain Thunder, and signing to Syn', The King of Kings org in Las Vegas. He then went 0-4 in his next 4 fights, losing 3 of 4 by technical knockout to some real monsters. Curry did not look like the same fighter, or man he once did. He showed great heart but he was losing, and Curry was again thinking permanent retirement again.

Arthur Curry was then picked up by manager Bjorn, and they quickly started training hard and setting a game-plan, setting their sights on helping his new team win the ITFL season. He first took a fight in UNFC again and defeated a solid fighter in a back and forth battle. "Curry lands a big right hand and follows it up with an uppercut. Oh and another big punch and a knee - Serderov can't take much more of this! Another big shot to the jaw from Curry and Serderov drops to the floor. Beaten and bloodied - he had enough there. A vicious beatdown by Curry."

Curry quickly then proved himself and was invited officially to the ITFL team and made an immediate impact as he defeated John Paul Wani, a highly talented and recognized fighter. Curry raised his arms in victory and showed his respect to his fallen opponent, but made it very clear, he is back, and ready to strive for glory and respect. His undefeated record is gone, but Curry 2.0 with Bjorn is a very scary man who is determined to show why he was considered one of the best prospects in Tycoon History."

• Upvote 4

I only received on fighter of the week request this week.

The best bet is to just select a fighter you are interested in, think that will be a prospect, already a big name without much recognition as you feel they should and then write on them instead of wanting someone to contact you about their fighter. For the most part if you do that with someone who does regularly go on the forums and you tell them about it, they may be more receptive to coming to the forums.

• Upvote 1

The best bet is to just select a fighter you are interested in, think that will be a prospect, already a big name without much recognition as you feel they should and then write on them instead of wanting someone to contact you about their fighter. For the most part if you do that with someone who does regularly go on the forums and you tell them about it, they may be more receptive to coming to the forums.

Yeah, I was thinking if no one writes me or if a fighter wasn't deserving i'd do that. But if someone wants to send a message and nominate their fighter, I like that as well, and since 2 days ago i've had 6 requests/nominations.. and I'm attempting to do more than 1 fighter of the week, I have fun with it and I really enjoyed reading Bjorn's and JLP's write ups too.

Parmalee Sackett (206332)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w2.jpg

Record 24-5. 19 KO Victories.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20150930214726UPG%20Belt.jpghttp://mmatycoon.com/images/custom_trophy/14387132937849.jpghttp://mmatycoon.com/images/trophies/ohof.jpg

Parmalee Sackett started his career MMA career at age 18, with primarily a boxing background. His family is infamous in the Tycoon world as manager Barnabas Sackett keeps the family together. His chin was granite and his power was felt immediately. He started his career off with 6 straight KO wins within 1 minute of round One, winning the CFV Title in the process.

Sackett would vacate his CFV Title because no one wanted to fight him. His only defeat was to 17-2 Iso Kaato by decision, in a non title bout. He then went to Dominance and immediately made an impact again, winning 2 fights by Knockout, and winning the Light Heavyweight Title in his Third fight in the org. The 14-1 Sackett took on Tonton Hong in his Third Title defense, but lost the fight and the Title due to a cut in the second round, a controversial decision heard around the Tycoon world that angered plenty. Sackett would knock out Funky Punch and then defeated Tonton Hong for revenge in a Fight Of The Year candidate and took his Title back.

Sackett would lose his next two fights by submission to Tat Moh & Barry Allen, but bounced back soon after with a win in MLF and moved on to Ultimate Proving Grounds(AMS at the time) to win 5 more in row, before grabbing Gold again in the Finals of the LHW Grand Prix, which he won. But before long, in his 2nd Title defense, controversy struck Sackett again when Brian Burns got the nod on a split decision. Some fans were outraged with the decision and they called for an immediate rematch.

At AMS FC 114: Primeval, the rematch happened, and after 5 rounds of war, Parmalee Sackett had indeed re-gained his Title and put it back around his waist. Sackett then defended his Title against Shogan Aye in a 5 round domination, and awaits a highly anticipated bout with Michel Teló for the UPG LHW Title on 17 Oct 2015.

Congrats to Sackett and good luck continuing his dominance!

• Upvote 6