Condit vs Kampmann

MMATycoon

I would say Kampmann. UFC exp helps out a lot, I am not a huge fan of Kampmann I think he's got an okay striking game for a striker, but I believe this is one of those give him an okay guy that he can KO. Thats my guess probably a TKO in the second.

Its an extremely close fight that could easily go either way, but I am leaning towards the "Hitman". Condit has a larger arsenal on the feet, but I believe Martin is more accurate and has the better footwork. If and when they do clinch, Carlos is pretty rangy with his knees and could do some damage on the inside, but Kampmann has better wrestling and is good at catching people off balance and taking advantage of split second situations and using leverage to get the fight to the ground. I would say Kampmann is more diverse in submissions and sweeps on the ground, though Condit's bread and butter triangle set ups with those lanky legs could get the better of Kampmann.

I don't believe the "NBK" has enough power to put Kampmann away with a single shot, it would have to be a barrage of strikes to put him down and finish with ground and pound or guillotine for him to finish the fight. Where as Kampmann carries more power coming down from 185, moreover he has the better defense on the feet. There is a lot of give and take going into the bout, but with Kampmann's wrestling ability and Condit's lack of take down defense, he will be able to dictate where the fight takes place. Through having a superior camp that he has already been established with, a wider variety of training partners and coaches, and overall facility in Xtreme Couture has prepared him for the worst. Compare that to Condit who has recently switched training camps from Fit NHB to Arizona Combat Sports, and may still be adjusting and may not feel quite at home yet, furthermore its his Octagon debut.

I would favor the "Hitman" to walk away with a unanimous decision, but wouldn't be shocked if Condit managed to pull of a submission victory. Either way it will be a high paced, and very fun fight to watch as I've never seen either combatant in a boring fight, both have excellent scrambles and constantly go for it. I'm satisfied either way, but I'm pulling for Kampmann to make a statement in the division.... and win me some money.

• 3 weeks later...