2015 - Collected Excellence

GBK16

A.O.B
Alliance of the Year: The Cage Cartel - Created this year I think and they're currently in Division 1 so far play. Only downside is they didn't enter a team for ITFL.

the cage cartel thanks you. I think we started up after ITFL, if not we porbably had about 4 managers by that point. Have always wanted to be in ITFL personall just never had the right ID guy for it.

For the voting this year will it be the same where you can vote for multiple choices? Id much prefer if you only got 1 vote per award

Only one vote per award this year. Last year was just a copy of the rules from the previous year and it was clear during the voting period that people felt multi voting was just a cheap way of allowing people to just vote for their friends and not actually think about their votes

Decided to have a closer look at the awards, some like KO and Sub of the Year there are way too many to really get a feel for the best one, although the likes of Leo Ferreira KO'ing Rinky Spider will be one of the front runners just cos of the big fight feel to it.

FIGHTER AWARDS
Fighter of the Year - Leonardo Ferreira
KT Fighter of the Year - Don Marciano
135lbs Fighter - Not sure, it would be Ice Drago but he was a Moyses farmed fighter
145lbs Fighter - Jameson Connemara
155lbs Fighter - Lil Wayne (Fought most of his fights this year at 155lbs, but I see a lack of dominant fighters in this class)
170lbs Fighter - Ricky Rocker
185lbs Fighter - Esquiva Falcao
205lbs Fighter - Colin Croft or Joaquim Fortunado, good thing they fight soon
Island Fighter of the Year - Fernardu Palmier
Upset of the Year - Torquil Bram vs Silas Monk
Breakthrough Fighter of the Year - Hector Camacho
Fight Character of the Year - Liam O'Connor
MANAGER AWARDS
Manager of the Year - Dean Sutherland
CEO of the Year - Mega Jug, Dean Sutherland or Uncle Lar
Designer of the Year - John Hetfield or War Pig
Writer of the Year - Myself or Wolf
Game Contributor of the Year - Mark O'Sullivan
Forumer of the Year - Tough one for this year, but I would say Mark O'Sullivan
Best New Manager of the Year - Max Bennet
Smack Talker of the Year - Peel Steel
ORG AWARDS
Org of the Year - EVOLUTION or Montreal Fight Nights
Event of the Year - EVO 200 or EVO 157
Company of the Year - Machiavelli Boutique or Arcticus University, both guys sponsor a tonne of fighters
Best New Org of the Year - Havoc Fighting League
Tournament of the Year - Gangs of New York 2, Mad Cash Tournament, or ITFL Season 4..Tycoon Olympics could also take it
A.O.B
Alliance of the Year - The Cage Cartel

Are you guys out of your fucking mind? Havoc? What's good about them? SPI helsinki is already doing ppv's and havoc is still playing in the mud.

Davie is doing Havoc on his own SPI Helenski is part of the SPI family, nominating SPI Helenski is like nominating the newest Gamma org.

Totally didn't just scan the thread for my name and get sad at minimum references. Nope. Shut up. Quit looking at me.

I nominate clydebankblitz for being the biggest bellend of the year award :shades: wanna see what the trophy looks like for that one lol

• Upvote 1

Davie is doing Havoc on his own SPI Helenski is part of the SPI family, nominating SPI Helenski is like nominating the newest Gamma org.

And rain is doing it not o his own? I helped him out a bot in the start, but he's working there all alone.
  • Upvote 1

Currently, I'm not getting any financial support from SPI family. Steel Penn and Bjorn only told me that they would help me if I went broke with the PPV, but it ended up very well and now I will continue with the PPV's while Havoc is stuck in the mud (sorry Liam :D)

Currently, I'm not getting any financial support from SPI family. Steel Penn and Bjorn only told me that they would help me if I went broke with the PPV, but it ended up very well and now I will continue with the PPV's while Havoc is stuck in the mud (sorry Liam :D)

There is more to an org than just PPV's. While I like SPI and I do like you Rain. I think Havoc is a better run org with more bonus' and better champions. They are two very good orgs though and tbh since most my guys are 265k+ and in Helsinki I tend to send them to SPI instead of Havoc.

Havoc pays better too... and thats for an org that hasnt had a succesful PPV yet ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

There is more to an org than just PPV's. While I like SPI and I do like you Rain. I think Havoc is a better run org with more bonus' and better champions. They are two very good orgs though and tbh since most my guys are 265k+ and in Helsinki I tend to send them to SPI instead of Havoc.

Havoc pays better too... and thats for an org that hasnt had a succesful PPV yet ;)

There is more to an org than bonuses and fighter pay. The fact is that SPI helsinki has a better roster with a bigger ID restriction and is higher ranked and has done a PPV. They're both good, but SPI helsinki edges it out.

And the biggest problem with havoc is the owners alliance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Everyone is gonna have their own opinion's on it, save it for the vote's and not turn this into petty shit

What's the point of a forum thread if there's no butthurt comments in it?

• Downvote 3

Not to piss on your parade but if you call that a successful PPV then it is either one of two things.

1. You did not set up the PPV correctly and ended up with a mediocre loss.

2. You and I have different views on what successful actually means.

It could be a combination of both, I have no idea who you would have contacted in order to get PPV information since a majority of the people who actually understood how PPV's work have left the game. Now a days people just throw money into advertisements and it boosts the event rating which in turn boosts the PPV buys (this isn't actually how it comes about but it explains it in a way that most would understand).

Any org could run a PPV, Davie could run a PPV, I could open up an org tomorrow and do a PPV; it doesn't mean shit until you successfully pull it off and the 260k ID range isn't at that level yet. Arguments could be made that only 230k and below have a shot at running successful PPV's right now but that is neither here nor there. I'd rather be stuck in the mud than have my head buried in the sand. If you want advice on how to run PPV's etc and how they work you can feel free to shoot me a mail and i'll give you a brief breakdown of how shit works in the PPV business.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Not to piss on your parade but if you call that a successful PPV then it is either one of two things.

1. You did not set up the PPV correctly and ended up with a mediocre loss.

2. You and I have different views on what successful actually means.

It could be a combination of both, I have no idea who you would have contacted in order to get PPV information since a majority of the people who actually understood how PPV's work have left the game. Now a days people just throw money into advertisements and it boosts the event rating which in turn boosts the PPV buys (this isn't actually how it comes about but it explains it in a way that most would understand).

Any org could run a PPV, Davie could run a PPV, I could open up an org tomorrow and do a PPV; it doesn't mean shit until you successfully pull it off and the 260k ID range isn't at that level yet. Arguments could be made that only 230k and below have a shot at running successful PPV's right now but that is neither here nor there. I'd rather be stuck in the mud than have my head buried in the sand. If you want advice on how to run PPV's etc and how they work you can feel free to shoot me a mail and i'll give you a brief breakdown of how shit works in the PPV business.

It's why I haven't done a PPV in DFC yet, the org isn't ready for one yet.