How to drop a fighter thats part of a fight organization

It's considered rude to sack a fighter while he is under contract though. You should contact the org owner and see if he would like his signing bonus back.

ah man, I never realised that, have done a few times and no one has really said anything. They have always got picked up by someone else though and continued fighting. Lesson learnt.

It's not inherently rude. It's only rude if, like the OP, you just signed your contract. Even then, rude is probably a bit strong to be throwing at newbies. Asking for a signing bonus back is more gauche than sacking a fighter under contract.

Totally disagree. You signed a contract. You should honor it.

If the guy asked me to be released from the contract I would probably ask him why he was unhappy and see if we could do something to rectify the situation. If he just really wanted out and didn't have some valid reason, then i would want my signing bonus back. I have spent Hundreds of thousands of game dollars only to have some guy just sack the fighter. A young org like mine has to struggle to stay above water and throwing money away on guys is not helpful. That said, there are circumstances where I would have either let the guy go without cost or even sent him more money depending on the circumstances, but to just have a guy cut and run is rude. there is no other word for that. Read the contract first before signing it. If you don't like the terms then the time to renegotiate is before accepting the contract. Not afterwards.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Totally disagree. You signed a contract. You should honor it.

If the guy asked me to be released from the contract I would probably ask him why he was unhappy and see if we could do something to rectify the situation.

tl;dr Either we define "valid reason" very differently, or we're not having the same conversation. :)

See, what I hear is "you can't drop your fighter because he belongs to my org." That's not rude? Sometimes it has nothing to do with you or your org. Your suggestion is that the manager should first ask you to release the fighter from his contract so he can then drop the fighter; you've indicated you would hold the fighter hostage until the manager sent the signing bonus back. They aren't asking to void the contract and sign elsewhere: they're dropping them to free agency. You still have the fighter under contract, and if they're the kind of fighter you might have a valid reason :) to be upset over losing (or losing their signing bonus), someone's probably gonna pick 'em up as a free agent. You're asking someone else to play the game for your benefit, not their enjoyment: how is that not rude?

Like I said, if (for example) they just signed their first contract with you and have only fought once (as is/was the case with the OP), that's rude; if they've already fought a couple times for your org and they just want to drop the guy, that's not rude: that's the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

tl;dr Either we define "valid reason" very differently, or we're not having the same conversation. :)

See, what I hear is "you can't drop your fighter because he belongs to my org." That's not rude? Sometimes it has nothing to do with you or your org. Your suggestion is that the manager should first ask you to release the fighter from his contract so he can then drop the fighter; you've indicated you would hold the fighter hostage until the manager sent the signing bonus back. They aren't asking to void the contract and sign elsewhere: they're dropping them to free agency. You still have the fighter under contract, and if they're the kind of fighter you might have a valid reason :) to be upset over losing (or losing their signing bonus), someone's probably gonna pick 'em up as a free agent. You're asking someone else to play the game for your benefit, not their enjoyment: how is that not rude?

Like I said, if (for example) they just signed their first contract with you and have only fought once (as is/was the case with the OP), that's rude; if they've already fought a couple times for your org and they just want to drop the guy, that's not rude: that's the game.

We are not going to agree on this. That much is clear. I never said I am going to hold anyone hostage. There really is no way to do that anyway. If the manager PMd me and said that he was going to sack the fighter, then So be it. but to just drop a fighter that is under CONTRACT and has taken my money, then yes, that is rude. Chances are, that as long as the manager in question just PMd and told me of his intention to sack the fighter that I would simply release him from his contract. That simple. I'm not asking anyone to play for my benefit, But I am asking them not to fuck me for their own benefit either. Sacking a fighter that took a signing bonus (depending on how large a bonus it was) is rude, and it does hurt the org that gave you that money as an enticement to fight for them. Especially if that org is a smaller or newer org that is trying to build up it's roster. Now they would have to go out and recruit a replacement for that fighter (and pay him a signing bonus as well), and they still haven't gained anything. They just broke even in terms of roster size and therefore have to recruit yet another fighter to get ahead. So yeah. It is RUDE to dick someone else over just for the Hell of it. Especially since most org owners are reasonable enough to acknowledge that sometimes you get a fighter that is just a dud or is a slow learner or whatever and doesn't want them any more. I get it, and have never actually refused anyone a release from their contract when they asked me/informed me of their intent. I was putting vague suggestions of the scenario in which I would ask for a signing bonus back. I had one guy sign a renegotiation contract with me taking a significant signing bonus seeing as how this was his second or third contract with us and then he just up and sacked the fighter immediately after taking our money. That was just a dick move. I told him about it in no uncertain terms. Otherwise, I generally do not give anyone any issue with leaving as long as they simply let me know their intentions to leave, and maybe why, so that we can at least discuss if there is something I can do to address any concerns they may have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We are not going to agree on this. That much is clear. I never said I am going to hold anyone hostage. There really is no way to do that anyway. If the manager PMd me and said that he was going to sack the fighter, then So be it. but to just drop a fighter that is under CONTRACT and has taken my money, then yes, that is rude. Chances are, that as long as the manager in question just PMd and told me of his intention to sack the fighter that I would simply release him from his contract. That simple. I'm not asking anyone to play for my benefit, But I am asking them not to fuck me for their own benefit either. Sacking a fighter that took a signing bonus (depending on how large a bonus it was) is rude, and it does hurt the org that gave you that money as an enticement to fight for them. Especially if that org is a smaller or newer org that is trying to build up it's roster. Now they would have to go out and recruit a replacement for that fighter (and pay him a signing bonus as well), and they still haven't gained anything. They just broke even in terms of roster size and therefore have to recruit yet another fighter to get ahead. So yeah. It is RUDE to dick someone else over just for the Hell of it. Especially since most org owners are reasonable enough to acknowledge that sometimes you get a fighter that is just a dud or is a slow learner or whatever and doesn't want them any more. I get it, and have never actually refused anyone a release from their contract when they asked me/informed me of their intent. I was putting vague suggestions of the scenario in which I would ask for a signing bonus back. I had one guy sign a renegotiation contract with me taking a significant signing bonus seeing as how this was his second or third contract with us and then he just up and sacked the fighter immediately after taking our money. That was just a dick move. I told him about it in no uncertain terms. Otherwise, I generally do not give anyone any issue with leaving as long as they simply let me know their intentions to leave, and maybe why, so that we can at least discuss if there is something I can do to address any concerns they may have.

a scenario I am guilty of, just interested in your opinion on. I picked up a fighter who was undefeated champ in an org and his manager went inactive. I picked him up to help the org because this fighter has a bunch of hype. I signed contract with the org. Trouble is the fighter is not good enough in his weight division for me to dump one of my other fighters. A few other orgs tried to get me to sign to farm this fighters hype. ANyway I left the signing fee with the fighter, a good contract and a bunch of hype, in other words he will definitely get picked up. So did I do the wrong thing? I know the org was pissed, but they have a headliner they can farm hype from with their decent fighters. I am definitely interested in your view on this. For me I saw it as a gift to the org but now I get the feeling they dont. Cheers

PM me on this topic and I'll go into more detail on that question. I think that that would be a tad off topic and long winded for this thread. For the record I do not think you are/were being an asshole, or anything like that. You probably just didn't think of it from the org perspective and said to yourself, "Hey, this guy sucks" or whatever and so cut him lose. But I can go into more detail on my thoughts on how this should have been handled and even what I think will happen now. It's part of the reason that I do not tend to mess with FAs.

• Upvote 1