The Story of Kenneth "The Nigerian Nightmare" Omeruo

http://mmatycoon.com/images/layout/the_island_circle.gif

This thread will be covering the story of Kenneth Omeruo, who is one of many fighters who are currently competing in The Island Season 2. I previously did a similar thread about my Season 1 fighter Liam O'Connor. I have been posting about him in The Island Season 2 thread but I know a lot of people enjoyed my last thread about Liam O'Connor, so I thought I'd post up what's happened so far to Kenneth Omeruo, starting from when he first joined The Island Season 2.

Like the last thread, if you have a fighter who is currently competing on The Island, feel free to smash talk in this thread to Kenneth or talk about him or whatever, especially if your fighter is in the 155lbs division.

If you want to avoid spoilers as to how Kenneth has been getting on in his MMA career, do not go onto my profile or Kenneth's profile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new fighter was joining The Island, he might of been a couple of days late because of travel problems but he was finally here. He grabbed his belongings and walked off the ship. He looked down at the confirmation letter which told him where to go and who to speak to when he arrived on The Island. Further down the page was a picture of him, and below that details about him.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13890303632114.png

Kenneth Omeruo
25 year old
155lbs
0-0

This place was a bit similar to Nigeria, it was hot yes but it was a much more beautiful place than Nigeria. The Island was giving his big chance to make it in the MMA world, back in Nigeria he was fighting for pride and well, emm that was it really... but now he had the chance to show the world what he does best - fight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenneth Omeruo
25 year old
155lbs
1-0

Kenneth Omeruo has just found out who he's fighting in his next QFC fight - John "Lightning" Leblanc (1-0). Omeruo put in an impressive performance in his first fight, landing every kick he threw and also stuffing a total of 48 takedowns during the fight. We asked Kenneth if he had a few words for John Leblanc, which sounded more like a warning that anything else:

"John Leblanc, I hope you're ready to enter my world when you step into the cage with me on Tuesday night. By the time I'm finished with you, you'll be either limping out of the cage or else you'll be carried out by your coaches from the cage."

Kenneth Omeruo
25 year old
155lbs
2-0

We're currently hours away from Kenneth Omeruo's 3rd professional MMA fight, it'll be interesting to see if he can continue his winning streak or will he suffer his first defeat as a professional mixed martial artist? This third fight will be Kenneth's first under the Chaos banner, he recently signed a 4 fight deal with the number 4 ranked Island org.

"It's about time I got a contract from one of these orgs. I was approached by a couple of orgs one even approached me then changed their mind about taking me onto their roster, I was pretty shocked by it if I'm honest as I didn't think the organisations here on The Island could be so unprofessional. When Chaos approached me, they were a pretty new org however they told me about their plans and they sound very ambitious and so I'm happy to be here fighting in this org."

Standing across from him in the cage will be Jere "Lil' Heater" Stephens (2-2) who has had a mixed set of results since this season of The Island started and it looks like he's struggled to find consistency, losing a fight, then winning, then losing, then winning. He's coming off a win, so it'll be interesting to see if he can start a winning streak, or if he's going to continue that pattern.

It's interesting to note that both Jere Stephens and Kenneth Omeruo train at Island Conditioning, a basic gym for fighters currently located on The Island.

"I don't really pay attention to any other fighters at the gym, when I'm at the gym I'm concentrating on training so I can be the best fighter I can be. Perhaps he was trying to see what I was doing in the gym during the lead up to this fight but I couldn't really care, you know why, it's because he's going to have to bring his A game if he wants to have any chance of stopping me!"

Having watched both of Kenneth's previous fights, he is definitely one to keep an eye on during this season of The Island. He's fighting in a couple of hours time so be sure to check out his fight!

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1391116194untitle.png

Chaos 3: Omeruo Wins In Debut Fight

It wasn't the smooth performance he had hoped for but Kenneth Omeruo got the win and that's what really matters.

Round 1

He came out and immediately went to work on Jere Stephens' legs, trying to slow him down so it'd make it easier for him to avoid his takedown attempts. The gameplan was to avoid being taken down to the ground and Kenneth managed to avoid a couple of takedowns before being taken down shortly before the 2 minute mark.

Shortly after the 3 minute mark Jere Stephens attempted a submission but was unable to lock the submission in. Not much else happened after that as both fighters were battling for the better position on the ground the rest of the round.

Round 2

Kenneth comes out and starts to land more kicks in this round and avoided two takedowns until Jere Stephens eventually managed to take him down when the fight was approaching the 4 minute mark. Kenneth Omeruo was more active when it went to the ground this time and attempted to lock in two submissions before the round ended.

Round 3

Similar to what happened in Round 2 with Kenneth coming out and landing kicks again early in the round but again the fight goes to the ground, with Jere securing a takedown 3 mins into the round. Both fighters try to lock in a submission but are unsuccessful in their attempts. Kenneth Omeruo finishes the round in the top position.

It was a back a forth fight which might have been scored the other way on another day but Kenneth Omeruo walked away with an unanimous 29-28 decision victory.

Chaos 6: Title Fight Announced!

Kenneth Omeruo (3-0) has been given a title shot against Tyson "The Hammer" Thor (5-1) in a fight which will decide the first Chaos Lightweight champion. Both fighters are on a 3 win streak going into the fight. Tyson Thor is the favourite as all 5 of his wins have came via submission. Many believe he'll take Omeruo down to the ground and secure his 6th submission win and 4th win in a row.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140130211015images.jpg

Kenneth Omeruo
25 year old
155lbs
4-0

We're here with your new Lightweight champion - Kenneth Omeruo! How do you feel about your performance tonight?

First things first, I just want to say thanks to everyone who believed in me and to those who didn't believe in me and thought Tyson Thor was going to win this fight, I really hope you didn't bet a lot of money on him winning. I felt great tonight. I was caught out by Tyson straight away at the start of the fight and just wanted to make sure I didn't get caught with one of his submissions.

How does it feel getting your first TKO win of your MMA career?

Man, it feels great! I've been wanting to get a KO win in my previous fights but didn't want to gas myself out swinging for too many high kicks and so usually just target the legs and body with my kicks. I kept landing head kicks during this fight and they definitely were doing some damage as I saw him wobbly after one of my head kicks shortly after the start of the 3rd round. I knew that after seeing him wobbly that it was my chance to KO him, so I wanted to keep him guessing, mixing it up between the leg and body and then I was just like "Fuck it, I'm gonna hit him as hard as I can" and then I landed that head kick and he crumbled like a sack of shit and I stormed over to drop bombs on his face to make sure I got the TKO win.

That was an awesome KO Kenneth and an awesome fight Kenneth. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Fight of the Night bonus!

Hell yeah man! I've already upgraded the room that I'm staying at in the hotel, now I've got a king sized bed all to myself and I also get to enjoy the health suite as well. I'm living the dream man! I love entertaining the fans, so here's hoping that'll be the first of many 'of the Night' bonuses coming my way.

Thanks for speaking to us Kenneth!

Kenneth Omeruo
25 year old
155lbs
4-0

Nigerian fighter Kenneth Omeruo is on a roll at the minute. Following his first win fighting under the Chaos banner at Chaos 3, he was offered the chance to fight for the Lightweight title against Tyson Thor (5-2) at Chaos 6 in the Co-Main Event, 11 days after his first fight for Chaos. Despite getting off to a bad start in the first round, Kenneth came back and look impressive in the 2nd and 3rd rounds before TKOing Tyson Thor after he had rocked him with a head kick moments before.

A lot of MMA reporters were impressed that Kenneth Omeruo, a blue belt in BJJ, managed to defend all the submissions against Tyson Thor who has a brown belt in BJJ. Thor has won all of his professional MMA fights by submission and so it's quite an achievement for Kenneth to survive a full round on his back against Thor.

Following his win at Chaos 6, Kenneth Omeruo is now ranked #5 p4p on The Island and #2 Lightweight. The only Lightweight being ahead of Kenneth is Alejandro Contreras (5-0), the current Island Freedom Fighters champion.

Omeruo to defend his title against Lisiowski

Lightweight champion Kenneth Omeruo (4-0) will be defending his title against Andrzej Lisiowski (4-1). Andrzej is on a 3 win streak and will be looking to add to that streak when he faces Kenneth at Chaos 9. Andrzej Lisiowski is known to be a great clinch fighter and is excellent at controlling the fight once he gets his opponent into the clinch and so Kenneth Omeruo will have to be wary of this. Though the big question is will Andrzej Lisiowski be able to get a hold of Kenneth Omeruo as Omeruo is known for staying on the outside and picking off his opponents with leg kicks.

Kenneth Omeruo
25 year old
155lbs
5-0

Kenneth Omeruo faced his toughest test to date when he stepped into the cage with Andrzej "Beniu" Lisiowski (4-2). It was a back and forth fight with Kenneth showing his skills in the stand up again with some impressive kicks but Lisiowski was very close to winning the fight as he controlled a couple of rounds by trapping Kenneth in his clinch.

Lisiowski was very close to getting his hand raised halfway through the 3rd round because he actually had Omeruo rocked at one stage after Omeruo took a massive knee to the face. Omeruo showed great heart to make it through the round and it looked like he was still feeling the effects of that knee in the 4th as he basically controlled the whole round in the 4th.

Determined to hold on to his belt, Kenneth Omeruo came out in the 5th and kept the fight on the outside, avoiding the clinch game of Lisiowski and scoring with a few kicks to win him the round.

All 3 judges scored the 1st, 2nd and 5th round for Kenneth Omeruo, meaning that he won by unanimous decision and retained his Lightweight title. He's still the #2 ranked Lightweight on The Island and now ranked #6 p4p on the Island

Set up the super fight.

If my fighter wins his next fight (title fight against Paulo) than I'll create my story thread and I would want Omeruo to fight me for the biggest superfight on the Island!

Omeruo vs Marshall to headline Chaos 13!

The main event of Chaos 13 has been announced, Kenneth Omeruo (5-0) defend his title against the popular American Layonel Marshall (4-1). Marshall has been impressive in his past couple of fights with his only defeat being against Tyson Thor (5-3) who was defeated by Kenneth Omeruo at Chaos 6. However Marshall got the chance to have a rematch against Tyson Thor in his most recent fight which was to decide the #1 contender for the Lightweight title and emerged victorious. Tyson Thor may have won by Submission when the two met the first time, though it was Marshall who had his hand raised at the end of the rematch. He looked vicious in the rematch and showed off some nasty ground and pound, which is something Kenneth Omeruo will be looking to avoid in their fight.

This will be Kenneth Omeruo's first fight since signing a new lucrative 5 fight deal with Chaos. There had been rumours that he was in talks with Attack Fight League before resigning with Chaos.

"I just want to say a big thank you to the owner of Chaos. He gave me my first contract on The Island and wanted to repay the faith that he showed in me by signing a new deal with the org. My aim is to be the first fighter to be put on the Chaos Hall of Fame and to become the #1 p4p fighter on The Island."

Kenneth Omeruo
25 year old
155lbs
6-0

What an amazing comeback! Some might say that could be the Comeback of the Year. You showed some that you have a massive heart in that fight Kenneth Omeruo, what's your thoughts on the fight?

It wasn't my best performance so I'm not too pleased but it's a win and that's the most important thing. Marshall is a great wrestler. I wanted to keep the fight standing and utilise my kicks but he didn't let me and he went for a takedown very early each round so it made it tough for me.

Marshall's ground and pound is some of the nastiest we've seen on The Island, what did you do in preparation for this fight?

Me and my team we're preparing for this fight by doing a lot of ground work. We knew he had lost by submission once before and so we worked on my ground game and my submissions. I was waiting for the right moment to lock in a submission during that fight and it finally happened in round 4. Some might say that I was lucky but I had a plan for what I was going to do if I couldn't keep it standing and that plan worked.

That submission was probably the best submission I've seen all year and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the winner of Submission of the Year. It's also the first submission of your MMA career. Talk us through it.

Well Marshall wanted to stand up so he could land more punches and then I saw him diving towards me trying a superman punch, I managed to dodge out of the way of the punch and it left a massive opening for me to secure a submission, so I went for a triangle choke. I thought I had the submission secured like the way Tyson Thor did to him but he popped his head out, though I still had control of his arm and so switch it to an armbar and forced him to tap out.

I think everyone wants to know the answer to this question, who will you be fighting next?

I don't know. I'm sure the guys from Chaos will be in contact with me in the next couple of days about my night fight. For now, I just want to relax. I'm going to take a couple of days off to rest up and then it'll be back to the gym again. Maybe it'll be a rematch with Tyson Thor, I heard he's coming off a win but I wouldn't be surprised if there's plans in place to have a 3rd fight between Thor and Marshall.

Thanks for your time Kenneth!

Set up the super fight.

What super fight?

If my fighter wins his next fight (title fight against Paulo) than I'll create my story thread and I would want Omeruo to fight me for the biggest superfight on the Island!

Who's your fighter? It's always great when other forum users have fighters in the same division as mine.

What super fight?

Who's your fighter? It's always great when other forum users have fighters in the same division as mine.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=241587

The can, same weightclass (although naturally lighter) and about to fight for title, if I win I've got one more fight on my contract if I did decide to travel the orgs and try some superfights/alternatively swap to natural weightclass.

Good story, good read and a good fighter. Did keep an eye on that most recent fight was very surprising to see you have a well roundered standing game and than able to defend on back/get submission win.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=241587

The can, same weightclass (although naturally lighter) and about to fight for title, if I win I've got one more fight on my contract if I did decide to travel the orgs and try some superfights/alternatively swap to natural weightclass.

Good story, good read and a good fighter. Did keep an eye on that most recent fight was very surprising to see you have a well roundered standing game and than able to defend on back/get submission win.

I was actually close to signing Kenneth up with Attack Fight League but felt it would be best to repay the faith that Chaos showed in my fighter :) Both offered me great terms and so it was up to me who to choose to go with.

I have a 135er but only 2-0 and some reason not gaining that much hype or pop

One of his opponents hadn't even fought before so very little to gain there, the other was against someone with two wins against a 0-1 fighter and a can.

Now that you're 2-0 and have a bit more hype/pop you'll probably get a fight against somebody with a bit more hype/pop so you've got something to gain.

Can didn't gain much from first couple, but gained a lot from most recent two fights.