It's over lads, pack yer bags

Rei

So has he really given up . Will he give someone the capabilities to keep is running or is it just being abandon . Or even site will shut down ??

The admin logs in pretty much daily, so it is not abandoned, simply nothing is being done to improve the game, however who said he is suppose to improve it? Maybe this is how far he was planning to take the game.

• Upvote 2

The admin logs in pretty much daily, so it is not abandoned, simply nothing is being done to improve the game, however who said he is suppose to improve it? Maybe this is how far he was planning to take the game.

But that's just not true. Things have been 'on the go' for years it feels (physical cap etc) and why create a development group if you don't have plans to utilise it?

But that's just not true. Things have been 'on the go' for years it feels (physical cap etc) and why create a development group if you don't have plans to utilise it?

To give people hope, everyone wants to feel they are moving towards something, so creating a group gives people a sense of power and importance. Also that was several months ago, I think that at this stage there is a pretty good chance the "coder" is no longer employed or only works freelancing for the game.

Anyway, i do not blame Mike, everyone is entitled to lose or gain interest in whatever they want, many people forget that this game was being created 10 years ago, much has changed in that time. The big question is, what is the future for the game from here on, assuming Mike has lost most of his interest?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think it was more Mike starting other ventures (betmma) and starting a family that took a toll on the game though you guys that have been around for a while probably say it's been like that a long before that...

To give people hope, everyone wants to feel they are moving towards something, so creating a group gives people a sense of power and importance. Also that was several months ago, I think that at this stage there is a pretty good chance the "coder" is no longer employed or only works freelancing for the game.

Anyway, i do not blame Mike, everyone is entitled to lose or gain interest in whatever they want, many people forget that this game was being created 10 years ago, much has changed in that time. The big question is, what is the future for the game from here on, assuming Mike has lost most of his interest?

If I lose interest in my job and start doing jack all, my ass will be out on the street
  • Upvote 3

Mike logs in everyday and shuffles through avatar submits, legit complaints and whatever bullshit people mail him about. The one time I had some real fuckup happen with fighter creation he solved it within a couple days. The other day there was trouble with an event not taking place and he fixed it quickly too. Could he do more? Yes. Did he "give up"? No. This game generates money on its own and people pay for VIP months/years in advance so he could even have legal trouble if he shut it down.

"The group" was either a legit initiative or a classic agenda denial strategy to calm people down and make them shut up for a little while. Anyway he gathered info from the discussion and announced a change that was not welcomed so he stepped back.

The game is great and perhaps sudden changes will cause mora harm than good. Emperor Augustus once said "What is done well is done quickly enough".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Mike logs in everyday and shuffles through avatar submits, legit complaints and whatever bullshit people mail him about. The one time I had some real fuckup happen with fighter creation he solved it within a couple days. The other day there was trouble with an event not taking place and he fixed it quickly too. Could he do more? Yes. Did he "give up"? No. This game generates money on its own and people pay for VIP months/years in advance so he could even have legal trouble if he shut it down.

"The group" was either a legit initiative or a classic agenda denial strategy to calm people down and make them shut up for a little while. Anyway he gathered info from the discussion and announced a change that was not welcomed so he stepped back.

The game is great and perhaps sudden changes will cause mora harm than good. Emperor Augustus once said "What is done well is done quickly enough".

There have been periods where Mike hasn't logged in for days, you're lucky if you get a response to complaints and avatar requests take anywhere between 1 day and 2 weeks. It's not even the bare minimum that should be expected of an admin.

And all that I know of the group is that none of their game changing ideas have been worked on, Mike instead worked on something else and subsequently abandoned that, and the last major update was last November, and so far has been very controversial

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You guys who are clamouring for Mike to sell it should be careful what you wish for.

Anyone buying it would almost certainly improve the graphics a bit, add other frivolous crap, dumb down the strategy, and charge more.

• Upvote 1

The game is great and perhaps sudden changes will cause mora harm than good.

To a big extent that is my view about the game as well, i rather no changes than some of these highly controversial ones we have been hearing about such as "giving the grapplers a run" or the "physicals cap", both do not really add anything new to the game, they simply make certain fighter builds less effective and render months of fighter training obsolete.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

To a big extent that is my view about the game as well, i rather no changes than some of these highly controversial ones we have been hearing about such as "giving the grapplers a run" or the "physicals cap", both do not really add anything new to the game, they simply make certain fighter builds less effective and render months of fighter training obsolete.

I wouldn't mind no changes at all. Just invest time in user experience. Let avatars, questions and complains get answered quicker. Make sure Chat, Buzz and the forum are properly modded
  • Upvote 2

I would have liked to see the physicals cap implemented. It would have added some build diversity, at least for a while until people figured out the new meta. The current physicals don't even have a meta game, it's all elites for everyone.

• Upvote 1

I would have liked to see the physicals cap implemented. It would have added some build diversity, at least for a while until people figured out the new meta. The current physicals don't even have a meta game, it's all elites for everyone.

Nothing would help having effective grappling in this game until instant escapes get nerfed. No matter what you change with other stuff, as long as you can get back to standing after a td with 80% or more efficiency, there will be no grappling in this game.

Nothing would help having effective grappling in this game until instant escapes get nerfed. No matter what you change with other stuff, as long as you can get back to standing after a td with 80% or more efficiency, there will be no grappling in this game.

I'm not talking about just grappling. The striking game would also change, when we would have to choose which physicals to push high.

A physicals cap might also make weight more relevant. More different combinations of speed, strength and stamina.

An overall reduction in the skills cap from the 70-80% to a more reasonable 60% like in the island would be far more effective than a separate physicals cap. Besides... what happens to fighters that are already way over this physicals cap... do they get the nerf hammer? How is that fair for them after spending months to get them there? Granted I suppose those points could be distributed elsewhere, but the last time there was a point redistribution it seriously hurt a lot of fighters and I almost rage quit over it myself.. I didn't though and the overall experience has been generally very good since then. Just not sure how a separate physicals cap will be more beneficial than the overall cap...

I believe making knees and elbows more effective than punches in the clinch would help all around since the sprawl-and-brawl build wouldn't be covered just with punches. if you had only punches you would be at a disadvantage in the clinch and grapplers could find more sucess there be it avoiding punishment, getting a takedown or pulling guard. or if the sprawl-and-brawl had knees/elbows he wouldn't be covered on the outside. not sure I'm thinking it all through though.

• Upvote 1

All i am saying is that adding caps to physicals or giving grappling a "run", does not actually make the game more entertaining. It simply creates a new way of playing the game, eventually people will figure it out and find a new hole to manipulate and we will be back here in 1 year's time.

I rather we focus on clear cut improvements such as adding more places to spend money, fixing the stupid plane / flight situation. Adding options for merging orgs, loan options for super fights, adding more stats and an option for a manager HOF. There are literally 100s of things, some small, some not so small that will improve the game and that are not controversial at all. In the developers forums we have a whole list of these features to get us started, unfortunately nothing has been done.

• Upvote 2

One way or another I would just like to see an official statement made on the current future of MMATycoon. I love this game for what it is and the meaning it holds from the longevity of me playing it. With that said, if I'm going to invest any further I need to know (especially after a thread like this) exactly what the planned projected future of MMATycoon is?

Is this just a dying age quick investment coming to an end or is there actually potential to grow on the pretty awesome MMA Text Based Simulator game we currently have in place now? Even if it doesn't expand, can we at least get confirmation that this game is going to continue?

PS:

OFC 355: Jones vs Puno (906043)
http://mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=906043

One way or another I would just like to see an official statement made on the current future of MMATycoon. I love this game for what it is and the meaning it holds from the longevity of me playing it. With that said, if I'm going to invest any further I need to know (especially after a thread like this) exactly what the planned projected future of MMATycoon is?

Is this just a dying age quick investment coming to an end or is there actually potential to grow on the pretty awesome MMA Text Based Simulator game we currently have in place now? Even if it doesn't expand, can we at least get confirmation that this game is going to continue?

PS:

OFC 355: Jones vs Puno (906043)

http://mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=906043

I haven't heard / seen anything to suggest otherwise. I think this thread was set up as a piss take because all of the development focus has been on BetMMA.tips recently.

• Upvote 1