Fabian Hoi, the norwegian prodigy

bjornmma1

BIG NEWS : Finally the media have been able to talk to Fabian Hoi, the norwegian prodigy!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14291980811949.jpg
Fabian Hoi

For the first time in the history of his career, Fabian Hoi has accepted to talk with the MMA media. There has been a lot of talk about him and he thinks it's his time to talk now. Find out more about the norwegian MMA prodigy in the following interview.
----

Hey Mr. Hoi! It's great to finally see you in person and being allowed to talk to you!

Likewise. I never really was informed by former managers that it is interesting for a fighter to promote himself. My manager Bjorn O'Donnel has changed my mind about that and learned me that in this modern age, it's actually important that the world knows about you.

It certainly is! Does that mean that we will here more often from you?

Yes indeed. As long as my agenda allows it, I will try to keep my fans and the media informed on my progress as a fighter and how my life is going. There are a few interesting facts about my life that nobody knows about and I would love to talk about later.

That's great news!

Just one thing. Don't ever reach out to me again. I am the one who choses when I talk to the media and not vice versa.

( The reporter is clearly intimidated by emotionless face that Hoi has during those hard words and decides to try and lighten the mood a bit) I heard that you are really enjoying NY . Can you tell us a bit more about that?

Hmm, ok. Well , I can't say that I enjoy NY as a city really, but I enjoy the quality gyms that the city offers. I train in my manager's gym - Bjorn's Elite Team- and also in - River's Edge Gym-. Both have been great places for me to improve my skills and I have been getting a lot of great training lately. The results of my hard work are clear.

That's the least one can say! You have been doing great your entire career so far and haven't been looking any less lately at all. How did it feel to make the jump to the big leagues with your new manager?

It feels great! Me and my manager decided that the only place were I belonged was a top org. I got like 20 contract offers, but choose Syn , as they gave me good pay and are legendary org with great staff. It was not easy to let down some other orgs that my manager likes as well, but in the end it was a good decision to choose for Syn for sure.

You had 2 good victories in your first fights in a top level org. Did these fights played out the way you wanted or is there something you would have liked to see differently?

My first fight was against a dangerous KO fighter, but I proved to be dominant during the fight and got an easy decision victory. I would have rather seen a KO win, but that's life I guess. In my second fight in Syn, I got another easy decision victory, but it must be said that this guy is only 22 years old and has the potential to be an absolute monster. I wouldn't be surprised to meet him in the cage later on again. He has the potential to reach the top as he is highly skilled and has a granite chin.

He will be happy to hear that I imagine. How are you liking ITFL so far?

The tournament has the potential to be great. There are almost nothing but great fighters/managers in it and GBK seems to be working hard to make it a big hit. I hope that the previews etc keep coming as they are very enjoyable to read and are a big extra value for the tournament if you ask me.

What do you think of your team? Are they strong enough to get very far?

Oh yes they are! We have a great team and will only get stronger as the tournament goes on. We work together very well and are a very complete group of fighters. In the first round it were the 170lbs fighters that got us the win, but don't be foolish to count our heavy guys out yet, as they have some big potential! There is one HW on my team that I have seen train and I can guarantee you that he is going to tear everyone up that stands in his way! Our team got an upset 4-3 victory in the first round against the favorites, so that already shows that we are not looking to be just an average team at all!

That certainly was a big win for your team, but what said then about your win over Yates! That was some crazy stuff man!

Haha, thanks! I must say that not much surprised me. I knew that Yates was a very tough opponent, but I trained extremely hard. Yates told me that he would keep the fight standing a week or so before the fight, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I would dominate him standing and he knows it. His only chance was trying to get me to the ground. Guess what, I knew that and adapted my gameplan accordingly. I dominated him the first round standing and knew that he was going to need to take me down and so he did in the second. He tried to get a kimura twice, but I wasn't going to let him get it. Yates understood that it wasn't going to work and then changed to trying to gnp me, but I got hold of his arm and seconds later he was tapping. Crazy finish and I am very proud of it.

That was crazy indeed! I guess some 170lbs fighters are pissing their pants right now .

I'll bring some toilet paper along every fight that they can have if they are too scared, so that they clean their pee up.

Haha, that's awesome! Who is your next opponent?

A guy called Nomo. I don't really care who is next. I will accept the fight offer when I get it and then I will scout him and set up a plan to make him fail miserably as well, just like my last opponent.

I heard that you received 'Sub of the night' award for your amazing submission win over Yates. I haven't seen it on your record yet. What is going on?

Honestly, I don't know. My manager confirmed that he got the money, but he doesn't want it. It's my money and it's my price. My management team has messaged GBK and hopes to hear from him about the award. I want that award . My manager has sent back the cash as he doesn't want it. All that we want is that I can get that award that I deserve and that it's official. He announced it, but hasn't published it for some reason.

Strange. Hopefully you will receive it soon. You certainly earned it!

Thank you. ( gets a text message)

Maybe we should end it here as I already have taken away a lot of your time and I understand that you are a busy man.

Ah yeah, the message isn't work, but more like fun orientated. I'll explain it later to you , but not right now. Anyway, you are correct, I must leave. I don't want to be late for training, or I'll have to run some extra laps and that sucks!

Have a great training session Mr. Hoi and I wish you good luck for your next fight!

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Fabian Hoi

Just to be clear, I am not going to sign anywhere else after ITFL. An org or two has talked to me about where I would go after ITFL is over, but it's not going to happen. When I joined Syn , I signed a 4 fight contract. I did 2 already, so after ITFL, I go back for at least two more fights.

August 22, don't worry about that Hoi, by then Bernhard will have you to a black belt. You would think after the Yates sub people would not want to go to the ground with you as much. But considering Bernie will submit ANY 170 fighter on their team, I guess that is why they are going to go after you and Wein.

Fabian Hoi

How do you feel about your upcoming fight with Shintaro Nomo?

I look forward to testing myself and hope that he can give me a good fight. He will be looking for the takedown all the time as standing he will have very few chances against me.

Do you think that your amazing submission win over Yates in the first round will have changed a few people's idea about you?

I think that some fighters will need a diaper before entering the octagon with me, that's all.

Will you be matched up all the time with grapplers or will there be fighters out there brave enough to fight you standing?

Honestly, not many will dare to stand with me. There are two guys in the tournament that I think have the potential to give me a great challenge standing as well. The first one was Yates and we all know what happened there. He was being dominated standing and had no choice but to take it to the ground. The result was that he ended up submitted by me, so his solution wasn't a solution.

Who is the second fighter then if I may ask?

My team mate, Wilder Wein. His standup is sick. Amazing KO power, granite chin and great skills. He will be a huge force in this tournament I think.

Would you feel bad for having to fight him in the individual part of the tournament?

No, not really , as that would mean that we both did a great job in the regular season and that our entire team most likely did well then. If the final for sub 170lbs would Wein vs me, that would be a big party for the people in attendance I believe.

It must be said that your sub 170lbs part of the team did an amazing job in the first round for sure. How far do you think you guys can get?

Yeah, 3-0 for us in the first round and a 4-3 win over a top team, so we can be very proud of that achievement. How far that we can get? I don't know, but I give us a good chance of getting very far. I scouted the sub 170lbs fighters a bit and there are some beastly fighters in there who don't have good ranking yet, but who have all the tools to do great. I don't count anyone out just yet. For the big boys, there are a few fighters that seem the favorites on paper, but guys that heavy with little gloves....

How do you think that The Stray Dogs will do in the second round?

Well, it's not an easy round once again. It will most likely be close, but I think that we can get the job done just like in the first round and prove our worth.

Great. We will be following it up close ! Good luck to you and the rest of the team!

Thanks man. I appreciate it. It's always great to see that we have fans !

Do you perhaps have one last message for your next opponent?

Sure.

I'm going to gut you like a fish Nemo!

Fabian Hoi

Nomo came out swinging like a madman and I wasn't expecting this. He caught me off guard. Very dissapointed with this loss, but props for him for doing such an amazing job! I feel confident that I can bounce back from this loss and get back to winning again. I will be back in the gym already on monday and will train as hard as I can once again.

• 2 months later...

Fabian Hoi

After the Nomo loss, Perala was able to win against me after I was winning the fight. One small mistake at the end of the last round and the fight was over. The loss really hurt , but it also gave me a lot of motivation. I knocked out Drug Killjoy in my next fight in ITFL and then had to face the decorated BJJ and wrestler Hartlock. I really didn't like that fight as it gave little for the fans to enjoy. THe fight ended in a draw, what made it even worse in my opinion.

My next opponent would be a very tough cookie to crack and one thing I can tell you, the guy is tough! Volkov gave me a great fight and I must say that I respect him for that. We had a war with 92% fight rating and in the end he rocked me, but I didn't go out and finished him instead. Some brutal stuff and something that the fans enjoyed a lot!

I'm going to face Schulmann next. He looks a bit creepy and is manager by one of the best managers in the game, so I have my hands full with him once again, but I will go out there and try to upset him as well. I look forward to testing myself against him!

• 3 months later...

Fabian Hoi

After a decent run during ITFL where I fought two weight divisions above my natural weight, I signed back to Syn in the 145lbs division and am 3-0 since that.

My latest win was tonight against what looked a nightmare opponent for me on paper. Venum Tree Knee Dad is a TWGC division one champion and has a notoriously good chin. He hadn't been (t)KO'd in a single fight yet during his 34 career fights before stepping into the cage with me and had a 27-7 record. Not many seem to realise that I only need a few shots to put the lights out of anyone in front of me. I became the first to (t)KO VEnum Tree Knee Dad with my big (t)KO finish and am very happy that I was able to do so. Fuck yeah!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Interview with the one and only, the norwegian prodigy:

Fabian Hoi

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20120325031119synbeltnew.jpg

Nice to finally be able to speak to you again mr. Hoi ! I must say, it has been an amazing journey for you the last few months! What can you say about your ITFL experience?

I fought at a weight division two divisions above what I should fight at and still did pretty decent. I can't say I was happy with some of the results obviously, but it is what it is. I'm glad that I am back at 145lbs now, the division where I belong and want to be the new king.

Speaking about 145lbs, after ITFL you came back to Syn to honor your contract and would go on to win your first two by unanimous decision. Did those performances please you?

I don't consider wins that aren't finishes wins, so no, not happy with those two fights. I was trying something else and altough it got me the wins, it's not what I like to do.

After those wins, you were set up for a title eliminator against Venum Tree Knee Dad. What was going through your mind when you got the fight offer?

Honestly? I was thinking 'shit!!' . Venum is a beast; amazing groundgame ( TWGC division one champion) and amazing chin. I knew it was going to be very difficult, but obviously signed as I am afraid of nobody.

I guess you were very pleased with the result?

Exactly ! I let him play his game and looked for the KO . In the third round I saw an opening and knocked him out with a nice counter punch. I became the first to KO him , something that made me very proud.

And then you were set up against the monster that had been tearing apart the lower weight divisions for the last year, Lil Wayne. What did you think of that?

Well, I was pleased and most of all honored to be able to fight him. I knew it was going to be the thougest challenge of my life and my manager had to take multiple Daphalgans against headache while setting up a gameplan. But then again, the end result was so sweet that it didn't matter !

That is for sure! It's probably the most shocking result of the last year, as nobody had even been able to rock Lil Wayne at all during his career so far. Nobody expected you to go out there and knock him out cold, let alone in the first round. What a brutal performance !

I am very aware of how hard I can hit, but certainly doubted that I would be able to take out Lil Wayne like that. It's a huge morale boost for me and a big morale hit for the top 145lbs fighters in the world. Not many are eager to fight me, that's for sure.

Rumor has it that a certain legend was looking at the fight of you vs Lil Wayne as his next possible opponent, but now that he saw you destroy Lil Wayne, he is starting to back out of the possible fight. Can you confirm that rumor?

Sadly enough I can confirm that rumor. I'm not sure if he has pulled out completely yet, but I know for sure that he said he would have to think about it. What seemed sure before the fight is now unsure. I guess he isn't eager to get KO'd as well, a shame , as I would love to fight him.

I would love to see that fight as well mr. Hoi, that's for sure! What is going to be next for you now normally?

I have my eyes set on a fight that takes place next week and I want the winner of that fight, but then again not sure if they will accept. Maybe the org owner has other plans for them, that is possible as well, altough lets be honest, everyone would want to see that fight !

Why don't you call them by their names?

Because I am waiting to get confirmation from the org owner of them to know if I can fight the winner of them next. One of the fighters has said he would be willing to fight me, the other one is thinking about it ( read: 'scared' ) .

What if in the end they don't let you fight the winner of them?

Then I will fight Lil Wayne again and prove to the world once again that I am the hardest hitter at 145lbs.

Very cool! I hope for you that you will get the winner of Hurmio vs D . OOps, I wasn't allowed to say that I guess. Sorry man! Well , I hope you get to fight the winner of that fight as it would be a hugely anticipated fight and an extremely interesting one.

Exactly!

• Upvote 3