ITFL Season 4 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

This is all becoming a bit confusing for me with all those changes.

When will the voting end and can people finally start signing up?

Will their be a draft for everyone , or can you enter as a team if you can form one, because me and some others already have an almost complete team.

This is all becoming a bit confusing for me with all those changes.

When will the voting end and can people finally start signing up?

Will their be a draft for everyone , or can you enter as a team if you can form one, because me and some others already have an almost complete team.

Gonna ask Mike to send out a PM with a link so people can see it and get involved. I see Wednesday as being the latest, and we will see the results and decide then on what approach to take, but from my view, it is more likely to be a single weight division tournament. As soon as the Weight's are decided, the sign ups can happen and the full list of teams/competitors will be hosted in the OP

Full teams can enter, and then any team that still needs members can either have people join them, or they can participate in a draft if they are unable to find people.

In my opinion and it is from someone who has been a part of every ITFL season since the beginning, both as a Team Captain and also as just a Team Member, the main part of the idea behind the tournament is the planning/strategy. The way you win is by having the best strategy and pick your fights based on advantages and if you then take that and split each team into 2 different weight classes you then reduce your ability to choose based on strategy and are forced to go more by weight. Even if the weight class is 185 as an example teams in the past have still entered fighters who are of lower weights, some may not always agree however that fighter is open to fight anyone from each team. When u go to pick your fights, if Fighter A on your team has the best skill set but is in Weight Class B and the fighter he may beats matchup against to gain your team a W (the whole idea behind this thing) is in Weight Class A you can't make that pick. I think it's best to go with one ID and one weight class. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 5

In the case of a two weightclass tournament - you could allow more fighters in a team so you do have more choices to pick from and have a better chance with the strategy of picking as Louie mentioned. The downside is that some fighters may not get picked at all.

Openweight is still a very viable option in my opinion, everyone can join then given the ID range allows them too. Which I believe is 225k+

Also Grant put me down for a team - regardless if I can join myself or not, I am paying the 250k entree fee for a team.

What I don't understand the previous seasons has been a success why change the format.

Just because there is a new sheriff in town doss nt mean he can get tortured into changing things. I'm sure if everyone kept onto sean he would probably tell yiu to fuck off. Set a weight class and get on with it.

• Upvote 2

What I don't understand the previous seasons has been a success why change the format.

Just because there is a new sheriff in town doss nt mean he can get tortured into changing things. I'm sure if everyone kept onto sean he would probably tell yiu to fuck off. Set a weight class and get on with it.

I agree there - Grant has been to kind allowing the community to be a part of the whole process of setting the tournament up. From previous talks with him, I know he had other ideas in mind for the tournament that pretty much set things up the way he wanted too and were fitting towards the concept of the tournament and was a logical step forward. I believe if he went down that road, he would not having to deal with this whole mess of primadonnas trying to campaign for the ID/Weight they want.

I would be perfectly fine if GBK would simple scratch the results of the polls and did what he thinks is best based on the feedback he received instead of sticking 100% to the results of polls. After all, he is the one running it and should be running it with some joy and not resentment as he was not able to do it the way he would have liked it to go

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree there - Grant has been to kind allowing the community to be a part of the whole process of setting the tournament up. From previous talks with him, I know he had other ideas in mind for the tournament that pretty much set things up the way he wanted too and were fitting towards the concept of the tournament and was a logical step forward. I believe if he went down that road, he would not having to deal with this whole mess of primadonnas trying to campaign for the ID/Weight they want.

I would be perfectly fine if GBK would simple scratch the results of the polls and did what he thinks is best based on the feedback he received instead of sticking 100% to the results of polls. After all, he is the one running it and should be running it with some joy and not resentment as he was not able to do it the way he would have liked it to go

Well said, well said. Thats also my take on the whole thing. Couldnt have said it better.

INTERNATIONAL TEAM FIGHTING LEAGUE SEASON 4

photo-22962.png?_r=1362008753

REQUIREMENTS/RULES:

1. Tournament would consist of 8 teams of 5 guys.

2. Each team can be purchased for 250K This money will ONLY be used for prize money at the end of the season.

3. ID for this season will be determined by the poll in this thread.

4. All fighters will fight at 265+lbs. This is an Openweight tournament so we hope to get a good mix of weights involved.

5. Fights will happen on a bi-weekly basis or every 14 days.

6. Teams will be split into 2 groups of 4 teams.

7. You will face each team in your own group 2 times, having a HOME match, and an AWAY match.

8. You will face each team in the opposite group one time having 2 HOME matches and 2 AWAY matches.

9. Each team will have a coach/captain to do fight picks. The HOME team will make the 1st pick and the 4th pick. With the AWAY team getting 2 and 3.

10. This season each team will be permitted to make 1 fighter replacement for the whole season.

11. This season there will be a draft where the Team Owners/Captains pick their teams based on the Weight classes available. We would like to get a fair split of weight classes among the teams so once the entries are in, they will be divided into their Drafting pools.

i think this needs updating???

I was just looking around to find out infos and saw this.

A few things

1. 155 and below won't work, no way you get 40 fighters, i remember the season 2 of the ITFL which i believe was openweight yet still had welterweights fighting in it (and doing rather well). It gave a good mix of fighters and match ups.

2. Sean wouldn't tell people to fuck off, when the initial concept of the ITFL came about there was a lot of discussion about how to go about it. The same was done every single season, the difference being he asked certain people and not the community as a whole.

3. GONY was a huge success with the draft process, it was the most active i had ever seen the forums since joining, it also takes away the possibility of a single team or a couple of teams dominating like they have done in previous ones, and also stops people replacing fighters left right and center.

4. The duel weight thing means that more thought will be put into the draft process and also picks further down the line. You still have to pick 3 fights if you are the home team so the picks are the same, perhaps you don't get to stick your beast against a weaker guy, if anything it makes it more even, unless you draft to have a particular strength. As i said it would add more strategy, not diminish it.

5. It also means that it will get more people involved, there are plenty of interest at different weights, so if you do 155-185 and 205+ you will find yourself with a decent mix of guys and it will be a lot easier to fill.

6. Shortfuse had to call in nearly all his favors to get people to join with the ITFL in previous seasons, it wasn't exactly broke but perhaps this might mean Grant gets to keep a favor or two in his pocket.

If you want to go by one weight class that is fine, just make sure that it is one that is higher up so that more people can join. At 155 you are losing out on more than half of the fighters, plus you are in direct competition with Insanity's tournament which rules out more fighters. I'd suggest 155-205 or something along those lines, i'd like it to be 265+ as a personal preference and you can put my name down to own a team, i doubt i'll be able to enter anyone.

• Upvote 2

If I can't join , what would suck, I would still want to own a team.

Should the decision be made that two weight classes are needed to make sure it fills up, I suggest HW and 155lbs. Every team could then exist out of a few big guys and a few small ones.

I think we should give GBK a day or so to think about this very well and then decide, because I believe everyone wants to see things a bit clearer soon and want to know what will happen.

I still like the draft idea even though my comments may come off as sounding differently. I hadn't thought about Dinooo's point about the work Fuse had to put in to get guys to join, with that being said perhaps a tweak isnt that bad, my concern is seeing this die, if it makes it last I am all for it.

I still like 155, but if you look at the voting even though 155 has the most votes of all the weights. Most people want bigger guys. The more I hear about the double weight classes and a draft the more I like the way it sounds. Say 2 guys at 155 or maybe 170 and 3 guys at 265+ would probably work. If it is done that way I also agree a draft would be the best way to do it with 2 weights. The only problem I could see would be if a team ended up with an extra small guy because of the number of people signed up, someone may have to fight up with the bigger guys. But that happens a lot anyway, so I am sure someone on each team would step up. Yes there would be less options in fight picks so like fantasy football you have to think more about your draft.

Drafting would add a new twist to it. I think I will change my vote to 155 and 265+ with a draft among owners. Not sure who came up with those ideas but good job! If it goes this way I will still be in, I just cant if it goes 1 weight above 155.

• Upvote 1

I am not sure about the whole drafting idea myself for ITFL - it is a great thing for tournaments for sure, but it unique to GONY and probably a few other tournaments I am unaware of how they work. Personally I'd say keep the drafting out of ITFL but majority vote/GBK's vote counts here. You also got to keep in mind people paying the big entree fee for a team - some will pay the 250k for a team and if that team will be drafted, they had no say in who got in on their team really unless they still want to pay for the individuals joining the tournament regardless what team they'd get on