Noob Questions

MMATycoon

One of my fighters is a ''Counter Striker." I realize I should probably set his appropriate slider under "Standup" to counter, but can anyone tell me anything else about this attribute?

There is not anything left to say if you know that the slider is set to counter. Although it also tells us that your striking level in his primary is under respectable/proficient as you would get "strong striker" etc from that level.

The only time it can tell you anything is if you have the slider set to 50/50 and he counter strikes which could suggest that the fighter has relatively low self confidence.

A couple more noob questions.

1) Is the morale bonus that fighters get when receiving new clothes a one-time thing? If I give my fighters new clothes on one day, should I turn around and give him new clothes again after each morale boost until his morale tops out again?

2) When do fighters "get paid" when they only train part time?

Thanks.

A couple more noob questions.

1) Is the morale bonus that fighters get when receiving new clothes a one-time thing? If I give my fighters new clothes on one day, should I turn around and give him new clothes again after each morale boost until his morale tops out again?

2) When do fighters "get paid" when they only train part time?

Thanks.

1) Morale does increase every time you change your set of clothes. If you buy three sets and recycle them you each day (until the clothes get below 140) you will continue to increase your morale until it gets to 100.

2) Fighters get paid daily on the days that the training options are greyed out. It will equal $200 per week.

A couple more noob questions regarding hidden attributes:

What do "Basic striking" and "Brawler" signify? Thanks.

A brawler is someone with poor striking (below respectable/proficient) and signifies the manager has set his slider towards aggressive.

Basic striking is again someone with poor striking but has a fairly neutral agression/counter slider.

The third option is "counter striker" which indicates that the basic striker is set to wards countering.

Another noob question regarding takedowns from the clinch. Since you're not shooting a double or a single, I assume that speed isn't a factor in getting a takedown from the clinch. If it's not, what attributes are important?

Thanks.

Strength would be the primary attribute, as with anything in the clinch however I would not dismiss speed totally as it may be a factor. However having high wrestling, high strength, high takedowns and high clinch work you will be set.

What is the best way to train conditioning. With a ct coach or by training cardio by himself

Cardio, with the best stamina supp that you can afford.

Circuit training increases all your stats at the same time while cardio will only improve that stat (which is vital if you want to train well).

Im sure this has been addressed sometime before but I don't know where you can find it as I don't remember it being on the help pages.

Is there a specific age that fighters stop popping skills and decrease in value, or do they just get slower over a period of time? Thanks in advance, you guys are a really big help around here.

Kouser

Im sure this has been addressed sometime before but I don't know where you can find it as I don't remember it being on the help pages.

Is there a specific age that fighters stop popping skills and decrease in value, or do they just get slower over a period of time? Thanks in advance, you guys are a really big help around here.

Kouser

Diminishing training returns happen every year a fighter ages

However losing of stats (outside conditioning) just hasn't happened yet and there are even questions whether it has been implemented as there are questions when the downward spiral begins (i.e Big Nog it has been early 30's but Liddell it was late 30's and of course Randy well into his 40's).

Diminishing training returns happen every year a fighter ages

However losing of stats (outside conditioning) just hasn't happened yet and there are even questions whether it has been implemented as there are questions when the downward spiral begins (i.e Big Nog it has been early 30's but Liddell it was late 30's and of course Randy well into his 40's).

Does anyone know who the oldest current active fighter in the game is? I would be great If they can talk about how that particular fighter's training results.

Does anyone know who the oldest current active fighter in the game is? I would be great If they can talk about how that particular fighter's training results.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=12

I believe this is the oldest fighter in the game.

However it is worth pointing out that that these fighters are from a different generation. It is difficult to know exactly how they will translate to now as they could be made at 25 years old which cannot be done now.

As a bit of anecdotal evidence, YB Sol who is one of the oldest (within the top 10 active oldest) improved at least two primaries recently.

based on the posts ive read here, are sparring sessions only the training that are not to be done back to back on the same day due to the diminishing thingy? so coach trainings can be done just the same as cardio and weights? thanks

Everytime i try to reply or use the quote option it wont let me type - the only way i can make forum posts is to "fast reply"

does anyone know why -

when i goto the page and click in the box it highlights the [bold][italic][underline] buttons and doesnt allow me to type

thanks

Everytime i try to reply or use the quote option it wont let me type - the only way i can make forum posts is to "fast reply"

does anyone know why -

when i goto the page and click in the box it highlights the [bold][italic][underline] buttons and doesnt allow me to type

thanks

Don't know why that us happening but another way to "quote" would be to select quote under the reply you want and then press "add reply". It might sort your problems out

hey CW - the buttons dont work either - again the ONLY way i can post to forums currently is to fast reply.

I caant even copy paste from the quote/reply page

:(

hey CW - the buttons dont work either - again the ONLY way i can post to forums currently is to fast reply.

I caant even copy paste from the quote/reply page

:(

My only suggestion is to try a different browser or if your using firefox to check your plug ins are up to date.

Otherwise put it in the error section for Mike's attention

i was thinking of creating a new fighter more of a GnP sub type... dont know if that good or whatever (i created a create-fighter-simulator in my excel lol)

do GnP need strong punches or just strength?

i was thinking of putting pts into strike def, gnp, td def, sub, sub def if punches are not accounted for and i will remove subs to put points into punches if punches are counted in the gnp..

thanks

*and judging what i posted above.. what is more "sensible" proficient wrestling/competent box or proficient wres/competent bjj?* thanks

i was thinking of creating a new fighter more of a GnP sub type... dont know if that good or whatever (i created a create-fighter-simulator in my excel lol)

do GnP need strong punches or just strength?

i was thinking of putting pts into strike def, gnp, td def, sub, sub def if punches are not accounted for and i will remove subs to put points into punches if punches are counted in the gnp..

thanks

*and judging what i posted above.. what is more "sensible" proficient wrestling/competent box or proficient wres/competent bjj?* thanks

It tends to be a little more complicated than this, age, planned training time and objective all play a role in how to start the fighter up.

In general you do not need good punches for GnP, just a high GnP stat. You will definitely need the highest possible grapple defense and then as i said the rest is dependent on the situation.