New Jersey MMA 320k+

thedry16

Phew. We have now completed 10 events. Congratulations to our first champion - Bryan Barnett! He is our first 205 champion. His first defence should be against the winner of the Kardashian v Brito match at NJMMA #10. His vanquished opponent Frank Lloyd will be smarting from his first defeat and is still a very dangerous fighter. He will bounce back. Lloyd is now 4-1 and will be a very dangerous match up for whoever he next faces in the cage.

---

The 185 division is shaping up and we will have two eliminator matches on the 18th of November between four unbeaten fighters to determine who will fight for the belt.

(1) Kalmin Maltusuri 2-0 v (4) Jack Chandler 2-0

(2) Mike McCallum 3-0 v (3) Cal Klos 2-0 - match TBC

*NJMMA division rankings in brackets

Congrats to Justin Sane, the inaugural NJMMA 155 Champion. Sane survived through a barrage of punches in the clinch for three rounds, before finishing the job with a Rear Naked Choke in the 4th. Great headlining fight to our highest rated event so far.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgeventpublic.php?EvID=894551

We have another championship fight tomorrow for the 170lbs title!

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Justin Sane, the inaugural NJMMA 155 Champion. Sane survived through a barrage of punches in the clinch for three rounds, before finishing the job with a Rear Naked Choke in the 4th. Great headlining fight to our highest rated event so far.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgeventpublic.php?EvID=894551

We have another championship fight tomorrow for the 170lbs title!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15004941556854.png

"Gavira postures up and connects with a big shot that has rocked Jones badly. He's trying desperately to grab hold of Gavira around the waist but Gavira pushes him off and unloads with more strikes, forcing the referee to jump in and save him! Gavira is the winner by TKO! Gavira jumps onto the cage and shouts into the camera. "We did it momma!"

Olegar Gavira (320032)

"Bomboclaud!...congrats i am coming for you kid....keep it polished"

• 2 weeks later...

NJMMA has now held 15 events and we have six champions crowned. Things are going from strength to strength for the org! I made the decision to close the 135 division as I was struggling to find fighters. But the Super Heavyweight division is building up nicely. I might reopen the 135 division in the future and have a Bantamweight tournament for 18 year olds. All divisions are in a state of flux somewhat with several new arrivals from DSOF, so things could get shaken up quickly in the next few weeks. Updates and rankings for each division will follow beginning with 155 and 170 today.

-LIGHTWEIGHT-

Champ. Justin Sane (3-0)

Justin Sane (3-0) took the 155 title with a 4th round submission victory over Russel Bufalino. After sustaining a three and a half round barrage of punishment and surely behind on all the judges scorecards, Sane finally got his opponent into a good position and applied the Rear Naked Choke forcing Bufalino to tap out. A great turnaround in the championship rounds and a win worthy of taking the inaugural NJMMA Lightweight Title. Next Sane defends his belt by taking on unbeaten striker Rick Douglas (3-0).

Elsewhere, 17-year-old Olegar Gavira (3-0) takes on 19-year old Jorge Garcia (4-0). Gavira has two impressive TKO wins in the org so far, whilst Garcia took a first round victory in his debut for the org.

Things won't get any easier for Russel Bufalino (4-1) as he faces up to possibly the most dangerous fighter in the division - Damien 'Lucifer' The Omen (4-1). A transfer from the now defunct Dutch Series of Fighting 'The Omen has four impressive first round wins on his resumé including making short work of unbeaten Jared Franks in his last fight.

Up next: Sane v Douglas 9 December, Gavira v Garcia 29 November, Bufalino v The Omen 9 December
---

WELTERWEIGHT

'The Pogue' Shane MacGowan became the number one p4p ranked fighter in the org when he took the NJMMA 170 title with a first round win via Kimura over Tsutomu Miyazaki. The Japanese fighter came into the title match with a (6-0) record but MacGowan made short work of him, taking his own record to (4-0) - all within the first round.
Next MacGowan faces off against Max Power (4-1). Power earnt his title shot with three solid wins in the org so far. The Welsh Muay Thai exponent will start as a heavy underdog to grab the title but of course anything can happen over five rounds in the cage!
The impressive Evan Rooney (4-0) awaits the winner of that fight in what will be a mandatory defence of the 170 belt. Rooney moved himself into the undisputed number one contender position with a blink and you'll miss it 26 second win over JC Dickens. Rooney's head kicks have proved to be a lethal weapon and a potential meeting with MacGowan has New Jersey MMA fans salivating at the prospect. Max Power will of course hope to be a spanner in the works and get the chance to face Rooney himself.
Armenia's Baron Shushkev (3-0) has quietly racked up three submission victories in the org so far and next he will tangle with the vanquished Miyazaki. Shushkev has moved into the #3 position but will need to put up a win against another higher ranked fighter to get himself firmly in the title picture.
Tyreke 'Bullet Proof' Mechanic boasts a 2-1 record in the org so far, with a points loss to Max Power the only blemish on his record. Mechanic faces Pete Wheeler next. Wheeler will hope to make an explosive NJMMA debut and brings a 5-2 record from the Dutch Series of Fighting. He was the nearly man of the 170 division in Amsterdam with two title fight losses.
Up next: MacGowan v Power 9 December, Wheeler v Mechanic 9 December, Miyazaki v Shushkev 2 December
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26b9.jpg

Brock "High Tower" Richardson

Excerpt from today's press conference:

Reporter: So, I understand that you just signed on to fight for NJ MMA fight organization?

Brock: Yeah, Brunno, my manager, he got me a fight for the QFC, and he said, after this warm-up fight we'll get you into a real fight org. I gotta say, I'm real excited to start mixing it up. Brunno says I gotta chill a bit, but I'm pumped. Anyway, so he tells me yesterday morning that he got a contract offer from NJ MMA and, before he could finish I signed it and said, when can I fight. Brunno said he also was talking to other orgs about fighting, but that he guessed I had already made up my mind. Ha ha. Anyway. I'm here to fight and show the world what I can do. After the QFC fight I hit the gym hard, but Brunno says it'll all be worth it.

Reporter: You sound pretty excited.

Brock: You bet! I've wanted to be a fighter all my life. I grew up watching dudes like Bas Rutten and Chuck Liddel. I wanna bang and make a name for myself. Just like them guys.

Reporter: You are, as yet, unproven in the MMA world. How do you think you'll do in an org like NJ MMA? They have a lot of guys with more experience than you have and many are undefeated or only have a single loss.

Brock: Truthfully, I looked over their roster after I got the contract. Some of those guys could be trouble, but most of them? I wonder if they just have only had really easy opponents. I could probably find myself in title contention after just a few fights over here. Brunno says slow down and focus, but I'm ready. I'm gonna light some people up!

Joey Hatton the newest member of the 185 division will be watching the 18/11 card closely hes not here just to make up the numbers :winner:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15024564809221.jpg

"Dr. Kneevil" Nick Graves (320013)

"The diagnosis is in: stage fright. Go protect that shiny record somewhere else."

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15024564809221.jpg

"Dr. Kneevil" Nick Graves (320013)

"The diagnosis is in: stage fright. Go protect that shiny record somewhere else."

The fuck the fight was offered you said no because it was too short notice wanted over a month to prepare. I said it should have been a title fight that makes sense. Hes an 18yr old build how does it make sense for me to not fight him soon as? So dont talk crap.

Nothing like a bit of needle to spice things up! I needed a next opponent for my Champion. I suggested Graves v Hatton in two weeks, but not enough time to prepare. So I have to pick one of them for first shot at the title. Hatton is the man, Graves will be up next if he wins his next fight. I'm sure they will meet in the cage sooner rather than later...

Chandler fights against Klos for the 185 NJMMA title on Wednesday night.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=321488&fidb=322219

After that we will have all seven champions.

I have plans in the works for a creation tournament for 18 year old fighters at the 135 weight to re-ignite that division. Loose plan right now is creations from 1 January. Event starts at the end of January. Hoping to offer a decent cash prize and of course you will get to be the first NJMMA 135lbs Champion.

Nothing like a bit of needle to spice things up! I needed a next opponent for my Champion. I suggested Graves v Hatton in two weeks, but not enough time to prepare. So I have to pick one of them for first shot at the title. Hatton is the man, Graves will be up next if he wins his next fight. I'm sure they will meet in the cage sooner rather than later...

Translation: I dont have enough edge on Hatton so we need to wait till i do. Small window for this fight to be a legit fight & you bottled it wanting more time. Its all good when im champ i have no problem fighting you Gravesy

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=322833

"Sumāto Attack" Daichi Kishimoto-

I just signed with NJ in the featherweight division and well I want to let all featherweights know that though I respect some of them I am just too skilled I will knock them down one by one so NJ who will it be?

You guys understand it's the character talking right? I'm not personally effected or anything.

My contract requests are for 3-4 weeks between fights, like all of my young builds. I declined and asked for 3-4 weeks, instead of 2, which would benefit both our fighters equally.

The owner graciously said no problem and re-offered the fight for 4 weeks, even though 3 would have been more than fine.

I accepted and the fight got it mysteriously got pulled a day later, so my fighter called your fighter out because he was sitting without a fight.

You guys understand it's the character talking right? I'm not personally effected or anything.

My contract requests are for 3-4 weeks between fights, like all of my young builds. I declined and asked for 3-4 weeks, instead of 2, which would benefit both our fighters equally.

The owner graciously said no problem and re-offered the fight for 4 weeks, even though 3 would have been more than fine.

I accepted and the fight got it mysteriously got pulled a day later, so my fighter called your fighter out because he was sitting without a fight.

Of course its all good fun.

Its all well & good calling me out knowning we cant fight for another 6/8 weeks as you are locked up tho which as an 18yr old build gives you a huge advantage lol. We should have fought when it was a legit fight, 2 weeks prep no but 3 was ok?

As i said it makes zero sense to not fight Graves as soon as possible but ive no problem fighting you in 6/8 weeks just know because of it win lose or draw Graves will always be known as the bitch who ducked Hatton when it was a legit fight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Of course its all good fun.

Its all well & good calling me out knowning we cant fight for another 6/8 weeks as you are locked up tho which as an 18yr old build gives you a huge advantage lol. We should have fought when it was a legit fight, 2 weeks prep no but 3 was ok?

As i said it makes zero sense to not fight Graves as soon as possible but ive no problem fighting you in 6/8 weeks just know because of it win lose or draw Graves will always be known as the bitch who ducked Hatton when it was a legit fight.

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=322833

"Sumāto Attack" Daichi Kishimoto-

He ducked him and he ducked him who cares let me fight either one of them I will go up to 170 I don't care my skill it too great for them fools talking trash

The next title matches have been lined up and offers sent. We have had some fighters signed from DSOF and a few hopped over after the end of the island season. I wanted to do rankings for each division but things are a bit all over the place with the influx of new fighters so I will wait until the end of the year.

We will be hosting our first events in a 2,000 capacity arena soon, so that's pretty cool and we have some great competition in all weight divisions!

ANNOUNCEMENT - BANTAMWEIGHT BATTLE - 135lbs CREATION TOURNAMENT

This will be a creation tournament fought at 135lbs for 18-year-old fighters created on or after January 1st. Training is allowed and fights will be 3x5 minute rounds, with the final 5x5. The first round will take place at the end of January and then every 3.5 weeks up until the final. The two finalists will win cash prizes with the winner getting the honor of being the first NJMMA 135lbs Champion.

I aim to cap the tournament at 16 fighters and I hope we fill that. I am happy to reserve spots right now if you know you can clear a space in your roster for early January or you plan to buy another fighter slot.

This is a great chance for new managers in the org to get in on an even footing with more experienced managers and take them on for a chance to win the title. May the best fighter win!

And as for the NJMMA 135 division. I will keep the same ID restriction as the tournament and have it for 18 year old creations. Hopefully that will make it a bit unique and get a good division going.

EDIT - probably not good to have a teenage division as I will have to strip the champ of his belt when he turns 20.