Getting back your signing bonuses from FAs

MMATycoon

I personally do not think a manager should be able to release a fighter who is currently under contract. He signed the contract so he should honor it, or work something out with the owner if he really wants to cut him that badly.

+1

I have had managers fight 1 fight then release him and I have had them sign the contract then release them before 2 days of inactivity have passrd so it is quite annoying. I have a fighter of my own in another org who I am really thinking about releasing but I will see out his contract before I do so. I never wanted to release any of my guys but I just feel this guy isn't a learner at all.

I agree that once you sign with an org you should have to honour that deal and not be able to release a fighter.

• 1 month later...
How do I know if the FA fighter fits the criteria to be released, is it once the fighter is a FA he can instantly be dropped?

Yeh I can always release someone when their manager hasnt logged in for a few days, assume you'll be the same.

• 2 weeks later...
There should be some built in protection for the org's for when a manger signs a 4 fight deal, fights 1 fight and loses then releases the fighter. They should be either obligated to fight more fights under their contract or have to refund the signing bonus. Having this only for fighters who don't fight any fights on their contracts doesn't do enough. It should include any fighter who fights less than 50% of the fights on the contract. If the manager thinks that if they lose 1 moe fight then they will release the fighter then they should have either the decency to sign a 1 fight deal or be made to pay a penalty to the Org for breaking the contract.

+1

I am a new org owner, and already i have a few managers who accepted a fight then released their fighters. So now my signing bonus is gone, but i am stuck with a FA who has 2 fights left and cant accept them.

How hard would it be to impliment something where if a manager releases a fighter that still has fights, he has to pay % of the signing fee of the remaining fights.

eg, i sign Fighter X to $500 for 3 fights. Manager accepts the fight, then wants to releases his fighter. Meaning he still has 2 fights left on his contract. So because he has fought 1 fight (33.33% of the contract) he now has to return 66.6% of the signing fee back before he is able to release his fighter?

I know what im trying to say but i am having a hard time expressing it in words, so i hope you guys get what im trying to say? At least we get SOMETHING back...

• Upvote 1

Agree with something back.

This far in the game, its pretty hard to establish a new company or lure in new fighters to a new org when people are throwing around K's around for 0-0 fighters.

If you want to try the org, its pretty much a risk you have to take at this point with a huge portion failing or just scrapping by since lots go inactive right after starting.

Can try to use the "inactivity" tool to get active people, but you still run into a lot of "create fighter, sign, get bored, never log in again" types.

I personally do not think a manager should be able to release a fighter who is currently under contract. He signed the contract so he should honor it, or work something out with the owner if he really wants to cut him that badly.

This^

Really not sure why thats not already in place.

But org. owners can only release Retired fighters who are signed and never fought to get the bonuses back? You don't get anything if you release an inactive fighter/manager who never fought?

This^

Really not sure why thats not already in place.

But org. owners can only release Retired fighters who are signed and never fought to get the bonuses back? You don't get anything if you release an inactive fighter/manager who never fought?

You get a the signing bonus if you release retired fighters but only if they havent fought. This is causing me problems because i currently have 2 fighters who signed, accepted a fight deal then quickly released their fighters, meaning i can either have 2 inactive fighters on my roster with 2 fights left on their deal but cant physically accept them OR i can release them and cut my losses.It's the risk we take for giving young fighters a chance i guess...

How hard would it be to impliment somethign where if a retired/FA is still on the roster that we as org managers can "force" them to fight? When a fight offer is sent out it is automatically accepted by the FA/retired. We cant set their sliders or anything, just that way at least they can honour their contract..

Just a thought

How hard would it be to impliment somethign where if a retired/FA is still on the roster that we as org managers can "force" them to fight? When a fight offer is sent out it is automatically accepted by the FA/retired. We cant set their sliders or anything, just that way at least they can honour their contract..

Just a thought

Yeah, that would work too, good alternative. That way at least you get your money's worth!

• 5 weeks later...

In a case of trying to screw the owner, I have a fighter who signed on to the fight (both sides have confirmed), then released his dude, I am about to lose a 3000 signing bonus (prior owner). Can I stop this fight, or get that singing bonu sback?

Yeah, that would work too, good alternative. That way at least you get your money's worth!

I agree.

I don't really give a shit about getting the bonus back if I can at least use the fighter to get some wins for the other org fighters. And these bums would be fodder for other fighters who I want to boost up a bit in the organization.

I wouldn't mind waiting until they passed through the free agency system to be able to book them for a fight, either. That way if someone picks them up, they aren't locked into a fight already.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I released a retired fighter and did not get my signing bonus back. Are you supposed to wait until 90 days of activity with retired fighters until you release them in order to get their signing bonus back? The retired fighter I released never fought for my organization. Thanks.

Once the manager has been inactive for 90 days, the fighter becomes a free agent. If he clears the free agent process w/out being picked up by another manager, he becomes retired. At that point, you may release him & the system should automatically credit your org w/ the signing bonus. You must wait until he's reached the retired status and he can't have fought any fights under the contract.

This just happened in my org & it worked fine

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything I can do if I have a fighter booked for a fight, and he got cut by his manager and retired. But the fight has not taken place yet, and I really dont want to take this hit on my first show, just hoping there is something that could be done.

+1

• Upvote 1

Does that work if the fighter has been released by the manager, when he has not fought any fights?

you have to wait for him to go thru Free agency and not be picked up. At that point he moves to the Bahamas and retires, then, if he hasn't fought in your org, you get your signing bonus back when you release him

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there anyway the Free Agent fighters could go on "auto-pilot" and automatically accept fights until the contract is completed? As a new org owner I get more out of a fighter fighting than I ever could by re-couping his signing bonus.