Are people ok with 3 big unrestricted orgs/arena availability

goodtymes31

At Pulse, I have been trying to offer an alternative for those not looking to send all of their fighters to the big 3. Empyrian has done an outstanding job as well as Pride, but now with CEC getting bigger, and raking in all the cash, they are able to book events in the Big arenas way further out than us other orgs can afford to, and eventually is going to force me to sell to CEC too.

I know this has been discussed in the past, but do we think Mike might be open to another big arena? Or does anyone even care at this point? I hate to sound like sour grapes, I will suck it up and do what I need to, but just extremely frustrating.

• Upvote 10

It would be nice if there were more bigger arenas and limitations in place so that the richest orgs don't just monopolise them. Also, I personally hate to see perfectly good orgs get bought out by bigger ones for no reason other than big bags of cash being thrown at them. If Pulse was to meet this same fate I'd be terribly upset.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It would be nice if there were more bigger arenas and limitations in place so that the richest orgs don't just monopolise them. Also, I personally hate to see perfectly good orgs get bought out by bigger ones for no reason other than big bags of cash being thrown at them. If Pulse was to meet this same fate I'd be terribly upset.

Orgs closing due to "big bags of cash being thrown at them" is very rarely the reason. 90% of the time it is related to burn out, lack of interest or simply real life. At that point, org owners care less about the "big piles of cash" because they do not care about the game, so that cash is pretty much worthless. I have merged several orgs in the past and in most cases i paid little to nothing, the org owner simply wanted to give his fighters a place to relocate and that was it.

In regards to the big arena, i do not mind there being a 3rd one, it makes sense. The Tokyo Dome is essentially a big arena, just not as big as the LA/London one, so making it a proper sized 92k seems like the easiest solution here. Another solution is to simply remove the depreciating returns for Sunday events, that way we wont need a different/new arena.

Lets assume that Mike is too lazy to change anything or he does not think it is necessary, the existing arena's have spaces on Friday/Sunday. There is a -10% hit, due to the depreciating returns, however that is not catastrophic for sure, a top level org can more than be competitive even if they get that -10% hit. I know, i was in that same position as i had to "wait my turn" until one of the then top 3 (NFC/Empire (the old one) and Ascension) closed down or merged.

End of the day, this is a grinding game, it takes you 2 years to develop a fighter and having a top PPV level org also takes years as well. It took me over 4 years to become a consistent PPV level org and another 2 1/2 years before i could secure a Saturday slot and even then i did not have the Saturday slot every week until about 2 years ago.

• Upvote 6

The big 3 should focus on good old fashion recruiting instead of falling to shambles and then buying entire healthy orgs.

That is by far the main form of recruiting. Merging orgs is extremely rare, GAMMA has had 3 in 10 1/2 years and in every case we merged an org, it was because the owner of that org wanted to offload their org.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dude dont spill the gold mcnuggets like this, snowflakes cant handle the truth.

End of the day, this is a grinding game, it takes you 2 years to develop a fighter and having a top PPV level org also takes years as well. It took me over 4 years to become a consistent PPV level org and another 2 1/2 years before i could secure a Saturday slot and even then i did not have the Saturday slot every week until about 2 years ago.

==============================================================

Nice reading about org owning BTS

Orgs closing due to "big bags of cash being thrown at them" is very rarely the reason. 90% of the time it is related to burn out, lack of interest or simply real life. At that point, org owners care less about the "big piles of cash" because they do not care about the game, so that cash is pretty much worthless. I have merged several orgs in the past and in most cases i paid little to nothing, the org owner simply wanted to give his fighters a place to relocate and that was it.

In regards to the big arena, i do not mind there being a 3rd one, it makes sense. The Tokyo Dome is essentially a big arena, just not as big as the LA/London one, so making it a proper sized 92k seems like the easiest solution here. Another solution is to simply remove the depreciating returns for Sunday events, that way we wont need a different/new arena.

Lets assume that Mike is too lazy to change anything or he does not think it is necessary, the existing arena's have spaces on Friday/Sunday. There is a -10% hit, due to the depreciating returns, however that is not catastrophic for sure, a top level org can more than be competitive even if they get that -10% hit. I know, i was in that same position as i had to "wait my turn" until one of the then top 3 (NFC/Empire (the old one) and Ascension) closed down or merged.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Of course I understand that, I'm all too familiar with those circumstances. But I was specifically referencing those particular cases in the past where an org was bought over / merged / closed as a result of a hefty buyout, as I've seen it happen a bunch and it has been quite sad to see. I don't blame the owners who are burning out though as running orgs is no easy task - hell, I'd probably sell Budokai if the right person offered the right number.

As the owner of Pride, I can attest to the current struggle. I have started booking Wednesday’s in the big arenas for myself just to get the big shows. I have also sold for big bag of cash only to return 4 months later when that person got bored. I very much enjoy and care about all aspects of the game.

I’m a year in and have just started seeing break even PPVs, so the climb for me is just beginning. (I have turned down multiple offers to sell recently) I along with EMP and Pulse have to make sure the grind is worth the effort because it is a grind.

At this current stage

Wombley: every Saturday booked till March 2020 and every Sunday booked till the end of 2019

LAMC: the next 6 Friday’s, only 2 Saturday’s though the rest of 2019, and all Sundays booked till December

As examples.

• Upvote 2

It's also tough because having those prime arena slots leads to higher profits, and then they have unlimited cash to buy other orgs and to sign all of the top FAs.

While I agree that a lot of orgs sell because of burnout, I came very close to selling for a stupid amount of in game cash, just for the cash, with the plan of starting another org. The "burnout" I am facing, is that despite coming out of pocket to buy cash a couple times to stay afloat initially, now that I am at a point where I can afford top FA's, very few of them go anywhere other than the top 3 orgs, regardless of how much I offer, or how much I recruit, they just want to go to the top 3.

So my "burnout" is not tiring of the game, it's tiring from topping out and hitting a level where it's impossible to get any bigger, because while people say they like having a variety of orgs, all of the top guys go to the big orgs anyway. And we can't recruit any of the top fighters because they wont give us a chance (unless me, Pride, and Emp cannabalize each other), and now we can't even book the prime days in the big arenas, so the gap never closes, we burn out, we sell, and then someone else eventually takes our place. Wash, rinse, repeat

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't really disagree with any of this, except one of the facts is wrong. Saturday and Sunday have identical results right now, you get the depreciating return on the Friday slot.

And I don't really even mind waiting my turn, the issue is we now have one org taking up 2 of those Sat/Sun slots, when in reality they could be doing Fri/Sat and leaving the Sunday slots alone.

It's also tough because having those prime arena slots leads to higher profits, and then they have unlimited cash to buy other orgs and to sign all of the top FAs.

While I agree that a lot of orgs sell because of burnout, I came very close to selling for a stupid amount of in game cash, just for the cash, with the plan of starting another org. The "burnout" I am facing, is that despite coming out of pocket to buy cash a couple times to stay afloat initially, now that I am at a point where I can afford top FA's, very few of them go anywhere other than the top 3 orgs, regardless of how much I offer, or how much I recruit, they just want to go to the top 3.

So my "burnout" is not tiring of the game, it's tiring from topping out and hitting a level where it's impossible to get any bigger, because while people say they like having a variety of orgs, all of the top guys go to the big orgs anyway. And we can't recruit any of the top fighters because they wont give us a chance (unless me, Pride, and Emp cannabalize each other), and now we can't even book the prime days in the big arenas, so the gap never closes, we burn out, we sell, and then someone else eventually takes our place. Wash, rinse, repeat

At least you have the best fighter in the game signed ;)

• Upvote 1

I don't really disagree with any of this, except one of the facts is wrong. Saturday and Sunday have identical results right now, you get the depreciating return on the Friday slot.

And I don't really even mind waiting my turn, the issue is we now have one org taking up 2 of those Sat/Sun slots, when in reality they could be doing Fri/Sat and leaving the Sunday slots alone.

Well it is not easy for any one org to hold onto 2 slots per week for long periods of time. You need to have the talent available to pull that off, if not the gains will be less than the losses due to the lower average hype of each event and the diminishing returns. He could do it to simply hit the other orgs, but it is not easy pulling something like that off forever.

I think if Mike totally removes the differences or at least makes Friday + Wednesday the same as Saturday + Sunday, the issue will be solved.

I sold DUEL for 5 Million and then started Empire and have about 1.5 Million into it. I got bored of DUEL and started Empire to return my interest. It has achieved that.

If you have enough convincing skills, you can recruit just about anybody. I had a top 5 org with DUEL despite giving fighters no more than 15/15/15 contracts. It's possible with enough time and effort.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1