Important Update

Rei

Just an idea, you can tell me what you think but I have heard that gnp from the ground isnt really effective in this game, maybe making it a little more effective and maybe also make it able to elbow from the ground would make it more interesting, one example of a fighter doing this very well is Tony Ferguson.

From what I've noticed, high accuracy gnp does fuck all for winning a decision but heavy gnp can KO reasonably well

The only tycoon member that profited On crypto (to my knowledge) was Mentor and I know Steel Penn had been trading maybe even longer than me on this. My comment was specific to members that either got in late or really late into it. Right now crypto is so volatile you are better investing on other stuff. I do hope members did not lose too much.

I would like to see an intelligent reply from you for once instead of your insults so easily said from the safety of your basement. Try to have a conversation instead of just acting like a 12 year old. You are an org owner man, act like one.

The current total market cap of the top 10 cryptocurrencies dwarf the market caps of the top 10 companies on the Forbes list. Cryptocurrencies are volatile in nature because they aren't regulated, which is the entire POINT of crypto, SHA256, Ethash, CN etc. Mmatycoon is small. You ask for an intelligent response but you say crypto is dead, an entire market with thousands of coins and your argument for it being dead is "one person from mmatycoon profited from it". Asking for intelligent responses when you haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about lmao.

Asking for an intelligent reply and insulting me. That's clever son. Now please tell me, intelligently how an entire share market is "dead", top 10 currencies are currently at a $300b market cap right now and its dead lmao. Jesus Christ you're a special kind of stupid. It's like saying the FTSE100 is "dead". Lmao. It's not even possible. It's not a thing. You must be pretty young it markets and exchanges always go up and down.

As for me insulting people, only people I've ever insulted is Humours and his girlfriend TimQwe, because of both of them insulting me first, falsely accusing me of both scamming and having multi's without proof (I proved I didn't scam) and constantly commenting on everything I say or do negatively. And of course I'll be insulting you soon if you insult me again.

• Upvote 2

Back on topic, agreed. We need a much more in depth engine and sliders/tactics. If you look at the very best mma fighters out there, they have specific skills that set them apart. Khabib chases people and and pressures them constantly with gnp and has great positional work, Conor has a specific movement with his shoulders and right hand that constantly checks incoming strikes/takedown attempts, Ferguson has serious from the back game. There's no way we can replicate this, and it's very unlikely we ever will. I get the feeling Mike isn't interested in improving the game and making it big again, it never made him rich like he thought it would. There were like 100k registrations in the first couple of years and like 30k or so since? It would take a lot of time and a lot of programming and I doubt mike has the motivation to do it.

• Upvote 1

It's quite difficult to generate power from the bottom. Real MMA bottom strike damage is quite low. Occasionally they pull off some crazy shit. But for the most part you just dont have the space to generate enough power

Ye, it could have other uses but KOing like cancelling submissions with it or cancelling transitions and maybe opening up for your own submission or transitions but I guess this could be quite hard to make

I would personally like to see round-level sliders rather than whole fight-level. Yes I know this will require more time spent on the game, and most won't like the idea, but that would be something I would appreciate(never going to happen, I'm aware). I'd also like to see Escape training finally fixed for good. I have a 7.2 18 yr old learner who went from Useless-- to Woeful++ in 14 sessions, with optimal conditions. That's a fucking joke. I'd also like to be given the ability to purchase a second company slot(there are negatives to this, but I think the positives outweigh them).

So those are some things I WOULD be looking forward to, if they were ever gonna get implemented :).

I have not a single 7.2 learner in my camp, but I still went from Useless-- to Woeful ++ in just two training sessions...

From what I've noticed, high accuracy gnp does fuck all for winning a decision but heavy gnp can KO reasonably well

I can't speak on the accuracy part since I don't use it much, but I have some reasonable success with damaging GnP

It's quite difficult to generate power from the bottom. Real MMA bottom strike damage is quite low. Occasionally they pull off some crazy shit. But for the most part you just dont have the space to generate enough power

Very true. Short of the occasional up kick or something weird like that, strikes from bottom aren't that common or effective.

I have not a single 7.2 learner in my camp, but I still went from Useless-- to Woeful ++ in just two training sessions...

That's actually impossible even w/ a 7.5 learner on any secondary, so I'd check that statistic again if I were you

I guess I am not sure though what Warwynd meant was from Useless-- to Useless++ or Abysmal++ not Woeful++

Mike created a group for a dozen or 2 members to get together and discuss/decide on changes that need to be made. That group threw out some great suggestions which had unanimous votes. Mike didn't take a single thing into consideration, and just did whatever he wanted, aka created a belt cabinet :).

That's not true.

Every suggestion that had a unanimous approval in a thread was pushed through. We requested a belt cabinet as well as part of many of the cosmetic improvements he made.

if something is broke, like escapes, by all means point it out. but don't make shit up. that 'group' is incompetent as a whole unit and clearly proved incapable to agree on what needs to be updated next after I stopped being involved. White Jesus has better things to do.

btw, the two major changes he's proposed (physical skill cap + new skills) have not received positive feedback from the whole. I for one, think new skills are retarded as do many others. Don't really care for physical skill cap but it is what it is. There's a chance that he's appeasing to the masses by not rushing into changes for the hell of it and testing all that kind of shit, major game changes, should not be taken lightly and forced.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

That's not true.

Every suggestion that had a unanimous approval in a thread was pushed through. We requested a belt cabinet as well as part of many of the cosmetic improvements he made.

if something is broke, like escapes, by all means point it out. but don't make shit up. that 'group' is incompetent as a whole unit and clearly proved incapable to agree on what needs to be updated next after I stopped being involved. White Jesus has better things to do.

btw, the two major changes he's proposed (physical skill cap + new skills) have not received positive feedback from the whole. I for one, think new skills are retarded as do many others. Don't really care for physical skill cap but it is what it is. There's a chance that he's appeasing to the masses by not rushing into changes for the hell of it and testing all that kind of shit, major game changes, should not be taken lightly and forced.

I go by the information I was given by a handful of folks(guess it was either not credible or misunderstood by me?), so if I was misinformed, my apologies. Don't physical skill points contribute to the whole cap of the fighter? If so, what would be the point of the physical skill cap? Wouldn't that just give more points allocatable to the secondaries?

Mike created a group for a dozen or 2 members to get together and discuss/decide on changes that need to be made. That group threw out some great suggestions which had unanimous votes. Mike didn't take a single thing into consideration, and just did whatever he wanted, aka created a belt cabinet :).

Hands of belt cabinet mother fucker :mad:

I go by the information I was given by a handful of folks(guess it was either not credible or misunderstood by me?), so if I was misinformed, my apologies. Don't physical skill points contribute to the whole cap of the fighter? If so, what would be the point of the physical skill cap? Wouldn't that just give more points allocatable to the secondaries?

The way I read it is the total skill cap will have to go down. At the moment you can reach about 70-75% of the full available points. I think he was wanting fighters to only achieve 70-75% of the available physical points too.

Re. updates. I don't mind if he introduces them, or if he doesn't. I'll adapt to the new scenario if it happens. But it seems like a long while since we've had any contact/feedback from the main man. He's said in the past that eg the physical cap will be coming in a few weeks, or a couple of months, and advised us to stop training physicals so we don't waste time on something that's getting cut down. But then, silence. Some v good suggestions have been made in the improvements thread and in the top-secret-group threads, but there has been .. silence from the other side. So that's a bit dispiriting. That's my gripe.

The way I read it is the total skill cap will have to go down. At the moment you can reach about 70-75% of the full available points. I think he was wanting fighters to only achieve 70-75% of the available physical points too.

Re. updates. I don't mind if he introduces them, or if he doesn't. I'll adapt to the new scenario if it happens. But it seems like a long while since we've had any contact/feedback from the main man. He's said in the past that eg the physical cap will be coming in a few weeks, or a couple of months, and advised us to stop training physicals so we don't waste time on something that's getting cut down. But then, silence. Some v good suggestions have been made in the improvements thread and in the top-secret-group threads, but there has been .. silence from the other side. So that's a bit dispiriting. That's my gripe.

Completely agree w/ you. I've heard from a very reputable source that Mike logged on to the forums 2-3 times in the last 3-4 months or so...so that real sheds light on his interest in improving this game and keeping his community happy, some of whom have been loyal members for years and years and put quite a few bucks into Mikes pockets.

• Upvote 1

Yeah physical points impact fighter cap, but I think he wants to separate the two.

Adding that change is a super complicated process. You have to worry about point allocation and re-distribution since a lot of people are going to be losing a good chunk of points off their all elite physicals when the time comes. It was a shit show imo (I think he handled it well for what it's worth) when escapes and transitions were implemented.

When he created the counter/grapple slider it lead to counter/TD being ridiculously OP.

Game-changing renovations should be a timely and careful process, and imo I think he should probably wait to the end of the year to do something like adding new skills or physical cap.

Personally I don't think there's any effective way for him to test it all by himself or with just another coder who doesn't play the game on a dedicated level and understand slider settings. You really need a large mass sample size to get an idea on if something is working properly, so hopefully IF he is going to

Completely agree w/ you. I've heard from a very reputable source that Mike logged on to the forums 2-3 times in the last 3-4 months or so...so that real sheds light on his interest in improving this game and keeping his community happy, some of whom have been loyal members for years and years and put quite a few bucks into Mikes pockets.

If it aint broke, don't fix it imo. Updates and improvements are nice. Things can always be better, but things can always be worse. He fucks around and add some new shit and there might be a bug that slips through - i.e. there was a "TD Bug" before that made your fighter shoot for a TD attempt on the 1st move of the game whether he was a grappler, striker, or slider settings.

In the beginning there was a TD energy bug, where spamming TD's actually re-gained energy even if they were stuffed.

there was once a 100% counter era which was a slightly more extreme version of this aggro/accuracy era.

That's a legitimate complaint.

Personally I would prefer him to totally scrap the two new skills idea (Clinch TD + Clinch TD Def) because I think they're both retarded and clearly covered by skills already.

I could live with "footwork" (primarily a skill for strikers that can correlate w/ Punch Tech) but also feel like that could be governed by agility, speed, punch tech/striking defense... basically meaning we already have skills that represent footwork. Similar to how we already have skills that represent TD Defense, and TD Offensive. Nobody who has elite TD offense would have useless TD offense in the clinch... that's just not applicable.

I'd like to see primary skills and secondary skills tied together so we don't see Brown Belts with useless submission offense.

I'd like to see Belt color being permanent. If you earn a black belt or red belt, that belt color should always be there regardless if skills decline or not. You don't lose your belt. Otherwise just label the BJJ skill it like boxing, MT, and wrestling.

I wouldn't minding seeing a "Physical Cap" in a different form. If "Elite Strength" in this game means "huge muscles" than I want to see elite strength restrict cardio and (very small%) possibly movement and flexibility. Elite cardio would restrict Strength. Nothing extreme, but maybe if you have elite in one, exceptional is cap on the other.

"Size Matters"

would like to see engine completely change around this lighter fighter has advantage BS, but that's a long shot. At least eliminate the energy advantage to make it equal opportunity. LHW destroy HW more often than not. BW will fuck up LW and LW can take down MW no problem. given equal hiddens, the lighter fighter always has advantage unless both have glass jaws.

lost my train of thought and forgot to post this earlier.

• Upvote 2

Personally I don't think there's any effective way for him to test it all by himself or with just another coder who doesn't play the game on a dedicated level and understand slider settings.

About this part, I happen to be a coder. Have an interest in game design and playing the game. Maybe I should talk to Mike.

• Upvote 1

"I'd like to see primary skills and secondary skills tied together so we don't see Brown Belts with useless submission offense.

I'd like to see Belt color being permanent. If you earn a black belt or red belt, that belt color should always be there regardless if skills decline or not. You don't lose your belt. Otherwise just label the BJJ skill it like boxing, MT, and wrestling.

I wouldn't minding seeing a "Physical Cap" in a different form. If "Elite Strength" in this game means "huge muscles" than I want to see elite strength restrict cardio and (very small%) possibly movement and flexibility. Elite cardio would restrict Strength. Nothing extreme, but maybe if you have elite in one, exceptional is cap on the other.

"Size Matters"

"

Four excellent suggestions there Rambo.

I like the idea if someone earns a high bjj belt and then let's it degrade the opponent wouldn't know, they'd have to figure it out from scouting recent fights. More of an element of mystery which is good.

• Upvote 3

About this part, I happen to be a coder. Have an interest in game design and playing the game. Maybe I should talk to Mike.

Send a message lazy ass. :P

I guess I am not sure though what Warwynd meant was from Useless-- to Useless++ or Abysmal++ not Woeful++

I did mean Abysmal... and I was wrong at that. I checked again... Several of my fighters went from Useless-- to Woeful++ is between 6-8 sessions. Not the implied four that I stated. I said two, but that was clearly impossible, and was simply a boneheaded mistake on my part. I was thinking two sessions to Abysmal, as Carver pointed out, but again, I was wrong on that also.