Daren Till

bjornmma1

Opinions?

I'm highly impressed by a few things:

1) he is big for 170lbs-fighter

2) his striking is very clean and crisp. He generates power from out of nowhere.
3) this fight was not even close, not at all. Impressive stuff!

I don't know how good his wrestling and bjj is, but as for striking, dude this was high level !

• Downvote 1

He looked like a bigger, stronger, faster, better Conor last night.

Big left hand that's deadly if it touches you, great submission game, high volume and pressure so hopefully his chin is a rock...and the dude really is a LHW fighting at 170lbs like he stated.

I'm dying for him to fight the Ponzinibio vs Mike Perry Winner.

He looked like a bigger, stronger, faster, better Conor last night.

Big left hand that's deadly if it touches you, great submission game, high volume and pressure so hopefully his chin is a rock...and the dude really is a LHW fighting at 170lbs like he stated.

I'm dying for him to fight the Ponzinibio vs Mike Perry Winner.

What striking background does he have? He seem Muay Thai based, but without using his legs all that much. Clean punches and elbows seems to do the trick.

What impressed me the most in this fight is his precision.

Definetly a fan now. Reminds me a lot of McGregor as far as his boxing goes. I really don't want to see him fight Perry yet because as awesome as that would be they both have so much potential and I'd like to see them both get to the top

Perry has far less potential than Till. He would get destroted by him in less than 2 rounds.

Is anyone confident in Till's cardio though?

It's already been shown to be lacking.

I'd also be concerned with his hands down and chin up striking style. I was shocked that Cerrone took no effort to take advantage of that vulnerability. I'm leaning more to Cerrone being a shot fighter then Till being an elite prospect. Till has a name now, so his next fight will probably tell us a lot more about what the UFC thinks of him and where he actually is as a fighter. As a prospect, i'd put him way behind Usman and Covington.

It's already been shown to be lacking.

I'd also be concerned with his hands down and chin up striking style. I was shocked that Cerrone took no effort to take advantage of that vulnerability. I'm leaning more to Cerrone being a shot fighter then Till being an elite prospect. Till has a name now, so his next fight will probably tell us a lot more about what the UFC thinks of him and where he actually is as a fighter. As a prospect, i'd put him way behind Usman and Covington.

I'd agree with all your points - Kamaru for me is the top prospect.

Till is younger though so if he works on his cardio I think he can be a big name.

I'd agree with all your points - Kamaru for me is the top prospect.

Till is younger though so if he works on his cardio I think he can be a big name.

Usman has the most potential imo as well. I do think its weird how he's been booked though. Usman is a little bit younger then Covington, is a TUF winner, and dominated the guy who beat Covington (i dont downgrade Covington for losing by a guillotine early in a fight while shooting a td, shit happens) but his next fight is Emil Weber Meek (probably the prelim headliner or first fight on the ppv) while Covington is given a huge fight vs Maia co-ME. Usman's big wins are way more impressive too: Alves, Strickland and Edwards are all big wins. Meek is a big step back for Usman.

Usman has the most potential imo as well. I do think its weird how he's been booked though. Usman is a little bit younger then Covington, is a TUF winner, and dominated the guy who beat Covington (i dont downgrade Covington for losing by a guillotine early in a fight while shooting a td, shit happens) but his next fight is Emil Weber Meek (probably the prelim headliner or first fight on the ppv) while Covington is given a huge fight vs Maia co-ME. Usman's big wins are way more impressive too: Alves, Strickland and Edwards are all big wins. Meek is a big step back for Usman.

Completely agree, Covington is great also but find him extremely boring - maybe I'm just not a big fan of wrestlers who don't do much. I did love watching Randy Couture back in the day though but he was proper aggressive and exciting.

I think Gregor Gillespie has potential.