Let's end the paranoia once and for all

listerman

As previously said in a previous thread, to all managers paranoid avoir wolf/aaron lowering their hiddens/stats:

If anyone is willing to find 8-10 fighters that the manager is positive about altered hiddens/stats, I'll be willing to spend time analyzing and pushing for complete results. 8-10 fighters is a lot, and is more than enough to close the subject once and for all.

Don't know what would be the best approach, but I don't want this thread to be spamming with fighter links, please make it clean and don't be selfish about it. If it's obvious the fighters are either declining or started losing after facing better competition, I'll stop losing my time with this.

Post in here so we can finally conclude this unnecessary paranoia. We need to find a way to move on from this, I believe doing this would help a lot of managers.

• Upvote 7

Yeah I remember that one. Prior to fighting wolf, the few fights before fights ended in the third round, so pretty close to a decision. Before ITFL, he was fighting cans, explains the "power". ITFL fights are always tough competition, and most of the opponents after fighting wolf had either Solid or Granite chins.

I'll analyze more and edit this post if I find anything.

Let me post one that was posted earlier on the other thread, not sure if it was addressed or not.

JLP's fighter Duane Perry

His fighter, who had shown great power, suddenly stopped being able to put fighters away. - after fighting Wolf's fighter Jermaine Wright.

My analysis:

A cursory search shows that his earlier knockouts were against fairly poor fighters. Prior to the ITFL he only faced 2 decentish fighters (judging by current hype) and those were the only fights he could not finish.

After fighting Wolf's fighter he faced several guys with very good chins - Labak (who used to be my fighter so believe me, I know), Kah has a pretty good chin and Stoker has a great chin. In one of the Aires fights Aires took him down and Perry had to grappler him for the win so that explains that. To me it seems like Aires is a guy who he could have put away so the other fight is the only fight slightly questionable but as you can see he did rock him as expected, he just didn't finish him so clearly he was close.

Definitely not enough to lead me to believe he was tampered with.

• Upvote 3

I looked through a few of my fighters that fought wolf (don't think i fought aaron) & I'm almost certain that nothing was changed.

My fighter Goban Declan fought one of his prodigy's Khal Drogo twice....

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=816362

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=826497

Prior to those fights my fighter had shown both 'good chin' and 'heavy handed' as hiddens. My very next fight after fighting him the 2nd time was against Neal Bob and our pre-fight message headed into that fight showed "Both these fighters have really solid chins will they look to stand and bang today." My opponent still showed granite on the ToTT but my guy had already been at the point he only showed physicals but obviously my chin was still intact. Also my most recent fight was against Daniel Judah and the pre-fight messaged heading into that fight was "Goban Declan could well score a knockout today. He has the power to get to Daniel Judah's chin." I had also fought Daniel Judah once before, also before my guy ever fought wolfy's guy and showed the same exact pre-fight message before that fight as well. 1st fight

I fought that same fighter w/ Vaas Haas but have only had 1 fight since then where it still showed "both fighters have solid chins will they look to bang today?" Haas has shown granite but has never given any indications of having the greatest ko power.

Then most recently I fought his guy Jermaine Wright in ITFL. Now I haven't had any fights since then so I will keep my eyes open for changes, but the only noticeable change I can see from that fight is that Wright's ko power was inflated. He was a guy who had never shown 'ko power' or 'heavy handed' on ToTT. Nor did he ever show lethal high kicks (which i believe has been confirmed as a power indicator). Yet somehow when we fight he shows this pre-fight message "Jermaine Wright could well score a knockout today. He has the power to get to Kai Kha's chin." against a fighter who had shown "good chin" in his career. So I will continue to watch him and see if my chin was played with but just based on other guys who fought him i'm guessing he inflated his guys power at some point after picking him up from listerman.

• Upvote 1

Also if anyone thinks any fighter, be it in Vendetta or a friend of Wolf and Aaron's was boosted, with or without their knowledge, I think this would be a good place to share them so that everyone can take a look.

Any fighter with significantly more success after April 2016 or so would be a good candidate for example.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah that's my fighter. I think it's more a case of Aaron and wolf's fighters being supermen than my guy being nerfed. Fought each of them 3 times this year with him a I won half of those. Shame he's got extra losses from fighting them so much but not the end of the world. His last two losses were very disappointing and if someone want to check them over then fine, but it's more than likely just shitty sliders and bad rolls.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I don't think so. I couldn't see why they would need to mess with opposition fighters if their fighters are already juiced to the gills. Also I made a mistake and confused one of Ryan's fighters with wolf's. I didn't mean to imply that Ryan was involved in any way. I'm sure he isn't.

Sorry for messing up the quote, please don't yell at me ken :)

There's only one way to end the "paranoia" and that's for Mike to go through the backups and prove nothing happened.

Also describing it as "paranoia" when someone was stupid enough to give an active player write access on the live game database and it's known they misused that access is just insulting, it's perfectly valid to believe they may have messed with things they're not going to tell us about -- they're already demonstrably dishonest.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There's only one way to end the "paranoia" and that's for Mike to go through the backups and prove nothing happened.

Also describing it as "paranoia" when someone was stupid enough to give an active player write access on the live game database and it's known they misused that access is just insulting, it's perfectly valid to believe they may have messed with things they're not going to tell us about -- they're already demonstrably dishonest.

I can only agree with that. First of all you have to understand if they really changed something to other players or something else it could be the death sentence to the game. After all this is business for Mike this is how he makes his living if the game is shut down because of these two assholes I dont know how it works in UK but in US they would be is serious legal troubles.

• Downvote 3

It's still paranoia even if people have every reason to be worried or paranoid after what happened. Losing against a few top competitors after crushing cans before and blaming it on facing Wolf? That's more paranoid than having a valid reason to be concerned. If you were beating decent guys then losing to decent guys after in much more lopsided victories, then sure it's not paranoia.

I can only agree with that. First of all you have to understand if they really changed something to other players or something else it could be the death sentence to the game. After all this is business for Mike this is how he makes his living if the game is shut down because of these two assholes I dont know how it works in UK but in US they would be is serious legal troubles.

Ironic that a few fighters possibly being tampered with would be "could be the death sentence to the game" but Mike completely retooling the physicals were all capped fighters would be useless within months despite years of real life training would be no biggie. Overdramatic. Worse case scenario is Wolf and Aaron tampered with opponents' fighters and they would be out of circulation soon enough and if that was found out by back ups then their hiddens could be changed back to their previous as well.

Our hearts were broken, our trust shaken but it's time to put our panties back on and keep our heads up like those evil men never hurt us. Life goes on.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

It's still paranoia even if people have every reason to be worried or paranoid after what happened. Losing against a few top competitors after crushing cans before and blaming it on facing Wolf? That's more paranoid than having a valid reason to be concerned. If you were beating decent guys then losing to decent guys after in much more lopsided victories, then sure it's not paranoia.

Paranoia is irrational by definition.

It's not irrational to think people who were cheating in one way and had the capacity to cheat in another may well have done it.

• Upvote 3

I have an easy one to check. Intelligence. My fighter Gap Turner was #1 p4p 270k fighter. Every fight he was set to 100% SHIG's. If his intelligence is shit then you know something was tampered with. That simple.

Background:

I Beefed with Vendetta on the forums. Whipped the shit out of most all of them in the cage. Talked a whole bunch more shit. Whipped the shit out of Uniconors prized fighter. After that I have mysteriously lost just about every fight I've taken. I think they nerfed my entire roster to be honest. It's pretty simple to see something out of the ordinary when you've played a game for years and had 100's of fights and then all the sudden the results just change drastically.

Check Gap Turner. Look at his intelligence. He was #1 P4P fighter. Sliders always set to 100% SHIG's. Should be a very simple check

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Paranoia is irrational by definition.

It's not irrational to think people who were cheating in one way and had the capacity to cheat in another may well have done it.

I agree, what I was was saying it IS irrational to ignore obvious signs of losing a fight after jumping to a top org after fighting cans before or your fighter not being able to finish good fighters with good/granite chins despite finishing weaker competition with meh chins before that. Ignoring little tidbits like that and going straight for "Wolfaarionocerous nerfed my fighter" is yes, a little paranoid because it's letting the wave of endless possibilities override rational thought.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gap Turners last 5 fights before being nerfed was against opponents records of:

10-3

12-3

10-3

12-3

13-2

All of those ^^^ fighters were managed by top 50 managers as well. You don't beat a list of fighters like that if your fighter has bad hiddens.

After the final fight with Uniconor and calling out wolf then all the sudden my fighter is terrible. Put it to rest. Check the hiddens. I'm not playing the game anymore so no harm no foul. Check the hiddens. Air them out. Retire him to the bahamas. As the title of the thread goes. Put it to rest. Let's end the paranoia

• Upvote 2

I have an easy one to check. Intelligence. My fighter Gap Turner was #1 p4p 270k fighter. Every fight he was set to 100% SHIG's. If his intelligence is shit then you know something was tampered with. That simple.

Background:

I Beefed with Vendetta on the forums. Whipped the shit out of most all of them in the cage. Talked a whole bunch more shit. Whipped the shit out of Uniconors prized fighter. After that I have mysteriously lost just about every fight I've taken. I think they nerfed my entire roster to be honest. It's pretty simple to see something out of the ordinary when you've played a game for years and had 100's of fights and then all the sudden the results just change drastically.

Check Gap Turner. Look at his intelligence. He was #1 P4P fighter. Sliders always set to 100% SHIG's. Should be a very simple check

Oh look, Gap Turner is actually who I was talking about. A HUUUUUUUUGE difference between KFC and CEC, one of the top orgs in the entire game and NOT a 270k org.

SHIG doesn't just utilize IQ, it also utilizes your fighter's experience. If you're using SHIG against against fighters like Miller who now has 38 fights and Mike who now has 39 then it's not going to have the same effect as you doing it against fighters with similar number of fights or even less. His IQ should still be at least okay/decent tho to be successful at all so you may actually have something there.

• Upvote 1

Gap Turners last 5 fights before being nerfed was against opponents records of:

10-3

12-3

10-3

12-3

13-2

All of those ^^^ fighters were managed by top 50 managers as well. You don't beat a list of fighters like that if your fighter has bad hiddens.

After the final fight with Uniconor and calling out wolf then all the sudden my fighter is terrible. Put it to rest. Check the hiddens. I'm not playing the game anymore so no harm no foul. Check the hiddens. Air them out. Retire him to the bahamas. As the title of the thread goes. Put it to rest. Let's end the paranoia

To be fair. You fought two top contenders who both fought #3 P4P Lance Templeton(fighter) shortly before or after, they were top guys and your guy is a young prospect. Your fighter always shot numerous takedown after takedown and with ID orgs it worked great but with an org like CEC he didn't seem to fight differently, he just couldn't get that takedown he so desperately needed. Your fighter knew he was at a stand up disadvantage and chose to spam takedowns because he was overwhelmed on the feet against guys 15 years older, it was his best chance.

• Upvote 1