If you do this the game will be 100% better

Mooncutter

I've been playing this game for many years. I'm actually the one that wrote a massive forum post that ended up inspiring the biggest game update -- where fighters declined skills so fast that the game population sunk to 6000. It was an attempt to handle the "all-maxed" fighter phenomemon at the top.

This game is very good. I'm going to play it for many years ahead. The game has evolved in some areas, and in some areas literally nothing has happened for the last 5 years. The game engine is not the biggest concern atm.

First you need to understand one basic principle. The principle of diminishing returns. There has be an advantage to having 100 milllion in this game a oppose to 1 million, but the advantage should be very, very small. What is happening now, is that very fast you can train at the best, or very good gym. Buy 160 supplements, change clothes often. ETC. Replace equipment for 3000 AS SOON as it is not "brand new" anymore.

This needs to change. Buying THE BEST gym quipment should be VERY expensive, but only SLIGHTLY better than the other stuff. Only a small difference is enough for the hardcore guys. It has to be small to make in noob-friendly and for it not to be pay-to-win -- which is a fatal blow to all games. We all know this.

SUPPLEMENTS -- new levels, it needs to go higher than 160. Way higher. The highest level should NOT be achieved within 2 years IRL time of setting a new roof. Only 1 or 2 companies in the worls should have the supps. More levels to the supps. Only noobs buy anything but 160. Think options. The more options, the better. VARIETY.

GYM EQUIPMENT -- OPTIONS. Give us options. Give us something that is very expensive buts has to be replaced very soon. Give us osmething to chose from. Again, as long as the difference is small, but still there, it will only be good for the game.

TRAINING COACHES -- The best coaches needs to be more expensive. Triple 150 should be unheard of. But 100 coaches might be made cheaper? Raise gym feed cas to 1500 or 1200. Again, THE BEST coach should cost a lot. The difference in cost between a 140 coach and a perfect 150 coach should be BIG. Diminishing returns, remember? THE LITTLE extra should cost so much. Right now, everyone just gets 150 coaches and that's it. There is 0 variety or thought put into it.

Edit: Above principles should also be applied to gym cleanliness. Having it "spotless" should be VERY expensive but having it "clean" should be pretty cheap.

There is probably more to be said, but you get the idea. Think VARIETY, OPTIONS -- and DIMINISHING RETURNS. That little extra should cost a lot. Am I right or am I right?

/Mooncutter

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Good concepts, but all your ideas stem from the inflation caused by ridiculous Org payouts.

The richest managers in the game could start a clothing company and make it #1 in the world in a day.

They can set up the best gym that money can buy.

They can manufacture their own max-level supplements.

That's stupid.

If any of your ideas were to ever get traction, the money generated by Fight Orgs would need a serious nerfing, and even then the economy would be tremendously mismatched and imbalanced.

Solution:

Make a 2.0

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I like it how it is now because it allows newer players the opportunity (financially) to get the same benefits as guys who've been here forever. Making money more of a factor will only benefit the minority who are super loaded, and we'd be even more stingy with our money, and stop giving people a few hundred K for free just to help them start a gym and shit.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The game fix would be artificial sales. The idea of selling to fighters is backwards. In real life you get a fighter to wear your shirt. The public sees it and buys your clothes. Same for gyms. Do fighters pay to train in real life? No, the gyms pay them. It's a vehicle to gain membership from the public if they can promote the professionals that use their gym.

The idea is already in place with orgs. Just word it differently and apply it to supps, clothing and gyms. In orgs the best fighters generate the most butts in the seats

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think before you address the issue of top-level PPV viable orgs generating obscene amounts of money and as a result filtering down the crazy money that has exasperated the situation you first have to address the issue of low and mid tier orgs running at in some cases a significant loss, this in some way would be helped by bringing in the top level orgs into line but there certainly needs to be an increase in the profit line of the less developed orgs particularly the higher the ID range to encourage more people to jump into org running.

Right now the single best way to make money in this game besides a Clothing place is to simply stay unemployed and buy up all the dead gym's with money left in them, these issues along with the blatant cherry picking of FA's simply to strip money are major issues that must be looked at before any trickled down PPV nerf would be a benefit.

• Upvote 2

I think before you address the issue of top-level PPV viable orgs generating obscene amounts of money and as a result filtering down the crazy money that has exasperated the situation you first have to address the issue of low and mid tier orgs running at in some cases a significant loss, this in some way would be helped by bringing in the top level orgs into line but there certainly needs to be an increase in the profit line of the less developed orgs particularly the higher the ID range to encourage more people to jump into org running.

Right now the single best way to make money in this game besides a Clothing place is to simply stay unemployed and buy up all the dead gym's with money left in them, these issues along with the blatant cherry picking of FA's simply to strip money are major issues that must be looked at before any trickled down PPV nerf would be a benefit.

I agree 100% that low and mid tier orgs needs to make more money. Especially the young ones who have ID-restriction.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do fighters pay to train in real life? No, the gyms pay them. It's a vehicle to gain membership from the public if they can promote the professionals that use their gym.

Which gym is paying there fighters to train there?

The gyms get paid by the Pro fighters once they get there purse.

• Upvote 1

The game fix would be artificial sales. The idea of selling to fighters is backwards. In real life you get a fighter to wear your shirt. The public sees it and buys your clothes. Same for gyms. Do fighters pay to train in real life? No, the gyms pay them. It's a vehicle to gain membership from the public if they can promote the professionals that use their gym.

The idea is already in place with orgs. Just word it differently and apply it to supps, clothing and gyms. In orgs the best fighters generate the most butts in the seats

in real life the fighters dont get paid by gyms to train...if your thinking of TJ dillashaw that was a gym owned by musclepharm so thats why that happened. one time thing

in real life the fighters dont get paid by gyms to train...if your thinking of TJ dillashaw that was a gym owned by musclepharm so thats why that happened. one time thing

I don't know anything about that case ( i dont really follow mma) but the idea of gyms paying fighters is crazy.

When the fighters are amateur they pay subs. When they are pro they fight and a % of the purse / earnings go to different areas of their life. Trainers, corner crew etc.

• 4 weeks later...