Cracking on and getting some shiz done!

MMATycoon

While I'd prefer we just got on with it, I think we need people who 100% fully understand the rules of the game.

#15) http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59285&p=822552

dude feeds himself opponents in his brothers org from his brothers account... claims he didn't know any better. if you're not aware of simple rules like that, probably shouldn't be involved in any game-related decisions. we might as well throw Moyses on here later if he returns lol.

prefer to see LOD replace him with a vet like skull. if nobody else has an issue with it, so be it. let's get it started and call it a day.

Skull deserves to be in automatically being the only active community member who is an active MMA fighter in real life ;)

• Upvote 1

1. Chris Karter (Rambo) - Convicted Inc

2. King Kendrick (Ovoxo) - ATTL

3. Jamie McKenna (UndergroundKing) - The Outsiders

4. Glenn Rocket (RocketSausage) - Vendetta

5. Hannibal Buress (GreenGrocer) - Decimation

6. Lieutenant Columbo (Columbo) - Kryptonite

7. Kc Cooper (Deuce7) - BAMF Army

8. Shiv Redux (Shiv) - ATTL

9. Money Mayweather (mmagladiators) - Decimation

10. Adam Holland (AdamHolland) - Aspire Alliance

11. Tom Bickle (tomburgerpie) - Aspire Alliance

12. Mark O'Sullivan (markyosullivan) - The Corporation

13. Rei Rei (Rei) - 7th Circle

14. Grant Brophy (GBK16) - The Six Musketeers

15. Blake Phoenix (BlakePhoenix) - Legion Of Doom

16. John Hetfield (Beck) - The Corporation

17. Whymer Van Mastodon (fpv) - Legion of Doom

18. Mentor Guru Corleone (Mentor) - Legion of Doom

19. Johnny Lee (JLP) - The Disciples

20. Lucky Lefty (Lefty) - -X-

21. Billy Arseworth (BazzyPants) - The Six Musketeers

22. Joe River (762x39) - The Disciples

23. Dale Mac (mccann123) - Elite Punishment

24. Bradley Burns (stpierrecanada) - Elite Punishment

25. Marky Mark (Marky) - FinnFighters

26. David Brent (brent198) - Legion of Doom

27. Gus Malcolm (jefframrod) - Hitokiri-13

28. Louie DePalma (rjs2442) - Elite Punishment

29. Ruphus Duphus (Duphus) - ATTL

30. Andrew Anderson (pababear) - Kryptonite

31. Captain Spaulding (PBR) - The Devil's Rejects

32. Bwang Jong Sr (Bwang) - YABAI

33. Alika Webb (thb) - Legion of Doom

34. G Wad (gwad12345) - The Six Musketeers

35. Klatz Matz (surgeelurgee) - Convicted Inc

36. Pawel Ufcowski (Born2Kill) - Krypteia

37. Lance Templeton (LanceTempleton) - Convicted Inc

38. Mega Jug (HometownHero) - -X-

39. Power Shark (Skull) - Legion of Doom

Updated List - Included the suggested members of Mentor's list who weren't already on the list and didn't rule themselves out of joining. I'll give a check tomorrow, update the list with any more people who want to join and then submit the list to Mike.

• Upvote 2

He asked for 20-30 lol. I'd take out the people who havent explicitly said that they want to get involved.

The guys mentioned i am sure will be interested, they can reject if they are not interested, it is not as if they will be doing paid work.

They may well be interested, but all we are doing is showing we are incapable of following a very simple request from mike. He told us a group of 20-30 people. First people complained that was too many, now we have a group with too many in it. If they cared about the game as much as seem to think they do, they should have already signed up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

List is looking good, mike can always just ask us to cut the group down if its too many, but surely 40 or so of us can reach some form of concensus, on implementing some basic new game features.

We aint reinventing the wheel or starting ObamaCare, so i have faith we can do this properly.

• Upvote 1

List is looking good, mike can always just ask us to cut the group down if its too many, but surely 40 or so of us can reach some form of concensus, on implementing some basic new game features.

We aint reinventing the wheel or starting ObamaCare, so i have faith we can do this properly.

Full list of 39 people got submitted to him earlier. Realistically if it is too cluttered, people can be cut, and vice versa but I think we have a great sample group to discuss the best improvements that can be made to the game features wise

• Upvote 2

I would like to be in the group.

As long as they are open minded and LISTEN to ALL ideas. In the past the forums have been a place for flamers and trolls who shoot down and ned rate every single thing I say....simply cause they either 1. Dont like me (who cares)? or 2. Simply to stupid to even comprehend what I said.

But if the group is gonna actually focus on game improvements and not social sucking up on each other....I think I could contribute some good ideas.....like make the fight OFFERS seperate for the fights ACCEPTED. They ARe 2 different things....but on the same page....and that page also has a huge blank spot in the top portion of the page and noobs cant find the fights accepted....cause they dont show on the page...and some dont think to scroll down....why scroll down on an empty page? this to me is an OBVIOUS issue could be improved....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I would like to be in the group.

As long as they are open minded and LISTEN to ALL ideas. In the past the forums have been a place for flamers and trolls who shoot down and ned rate every single thing I say....simply cause they either 1. Dont like me (who cares)? or 2. Simply to stupid to even comprehend what I said.

But if the group is gonna actually focus on game improvements and not social sucking up on each other....I think I could contribute some good ideas.....like make the fight OFFERS seperate for the fights ACCEPTED. They ARe 2 different things....but on the same page....and that page also has a huge blank spot in the top portion of the page and noobs cant find the fights accepted....cause they dont show on the page...and some dont think to scroll down....why scroll down on an empty page? this to me is an OBVIOUS issue could be improved....

Sent him on a PM to include you in the list of people added to it.

Brings us up to 40 total. Mike did say if it becomes too cluttered or too cliquey that he will cut down the number of people in it so realistically co-operation is the only way the group will progress. He said it should be up and running by Thursday.

I also think the idea of having top 20 or 30 alliances represented....is a good start maybe but shouldnt be the ONLY criteria....Im not sure there are even that many alliances IN the game....and half of them are composed of noobs....

I think the group should be made up of managers in the top 50 or 100? Or since that changes.... those who have cracked the top 20 or 30 ? And the "committee" should from time to time contact new managers and ASK them what sort of issues they see with the site....(often veterans in a game get used to its strange areas and lose track of how those areas impact the new players...) This committee also could be connected with the Noob Fund and recommending the mentorship program when they contact the new managers...This could be helpful to keeping new players in the game....

I also think the idea of having top 20 or 30 alliances represented....is a good start maybe but shouldnt be the ONLY criteria....Im not sure there are even that many alliances IN the game....and half of them are composed of noobs....

I think the group should be made up of managers in the top 50 or 100? Or since that changes.... those who have cracked the top 20 or 30 ? And the "committee" should from time to time contact new managers and ASK them what sort of issues they see with the site....(often veterans in a game get used to its strange areas and lose track of how those areas impact the new players...) This committee also could be connected with the Noob Fund and recommending the mentorship program when they contact the new managers...This could be helpful to keeping new players in the game....

So fill the group with old players and only use new players ad hoc? Mike has already stated that a small group is "elitist and excusionary", and i dont see why he'd feel any different about this. If we are going to encourage new users to stay with the game, we need to make them feel included, not used.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Small group wouldn't necessarily be elitist and exclusionary, you just have to find the right people.

Me, PBR, Duphus, GBK, JLP, Mentor, Gus, Marky (Finn), Louie, and Beck or Marky (Corporation)

no offence to anybody I didn't list up there. kept it to minimum of 10 with 1 rep per alliance and chose most experienced people possible who understand mechanics of game from engine and/or business standpoints. everybody I listed has been around at least 5+ years without quitting or disappearing for too long.

could easily handle what Mike is asking without over-complicating it when not necessary and I personally think it'd run much smoother with a panel like that than what we're doing now... but that's not what Mike asked for, so let's just roll with it, and no reason we shouldn't be able to get shit done or at least make progress in right direction.

• Upvote 1

So fill the group with old players and only use new players ad hoc? Mike has already stated that a small group is "elitist and excusionary", and i dont see why he'd feel any different about this. If we are going to encourage new users to stay with the game, we need to make them feel included, not used.

I think if we want to encourage new AND old users to stay with the game we need to provide an improving environment and a game that shows evolution in the areas it needs with updates.

Making people feel better about themselves by going out of your way to 'include them' is irrelevant. We have an improvements thread for ideas and concepts. We don't need to clutter this new 'thread' or sub-forum and turn it into another 'improvements' area.

Goals

• Improve game
  • Update game

Pretty simple.

Mike has already ruled out a small group. Yet you still persist. He is offering us a chance to improve the game here. All we have to do is what he asks and apparantly we're not even capable of that. Older players will have good ideas, no doubt. But newer players will also have good ideas, including ideas about areas of the game that older players have become so used to, that they wouldnt think to change. Only allowing the top 100 or 30 or whatever players in to the group is by very definition elistist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Mike has already ruled out a small group. Yet you still persist. He is offering us a chance to improve the game here. All we have to do is what he asks and apparantly we're not even capable of that. Older players will have good ideas, no doubt. But newer players will also have good ideas, including ideas about areas of the game that older players have become so used to, that they wouldnt think to change. Only allowing the top 100 or 30 or whatever players in to the group is by very definition elistist.

definition of elitism would mean that we weren't open-minded and only listened to your ideas if you met X criteria... or if we only used our ideas and wouldn't listen to a new user because he was new and not "one of us". I don't think you're hitting the nail for elitist here...

You're typing nonsense at me for playing devil's advocate. Large group, small group, updates are the only thing that matters.

I want you guys to get together a group of users; let's say 20 or so, I'll make you a sub forum and you can discuss whatever you like in there and basically I want you to produce a list, one at a time, of things you want doing. I want it to be pretty much written out as a point that my programmer will be able to understand, I will check it out and see if I think it's OK then pass it on to him and he'll do it.

I'm not talking massive game changing things like editing the fight engine (because obviously I'd have to have a hell of a lot of input into that) but cosmetic stuff, new rankings, trophies for stuff, hall of fame stuff, new stats, improvements to buzz, or better buzz integration into the site, changes to quickfights to block certain fighters etc etc... You get the idea. I am totally open to more complicated stuff getting done - you guys are intelligent so I'm confident you can do some equations if you want to, so e.g. if you wanted to tackle the game economy / income from events then cool, go for it. But let's start off small and cosmetic.

Your first challenge to illustrate that you are capable of doing this is to get the group together. My suggestion is one person from each of the top 20-30 alliances. I don't think there's any reason for this to be a small group.

I don't think there's any reason for this to be a small group isn't "it must be a large group". Ideally, like myself and anybody else with any common sense and reading comprehension, he'd like to see 20-30 individuals agree on shit and make progress.

:nerd:

might as well get the group together in this thread.

To those who don't think we can get anything done with a larger group...

This isn't rocket science. I think most changes there's a consensus on "yeah that needs improved" or "adding that would be nice".

I have no issues with big group, small group, etc. But I do think small group would be a lot better imho. See comment below...

Since it's just about small updates, I think less managers would give a better dynamic to it. It's desirable to have the next update picked before the programmer finishes the current one to speed things up. If we have too many people debating on what's next, we might prolong the decisions and stall a bit the updates.

The fact that less people would make part of this project doesn't mean the rest of the tycoon community should be segregated. The ''improvements'' part of the forum is a good place for us all to share any possible ideas and since this time there will be someone hearing us, I believe this could work pretty well.

Whymer has made possibly the most logical comment in this entire thread, but people are too eager to receive participation trophies for involvement to pay any attention to it.

Tom you and any others that share your opinion should read this comment a few times before denouncing any smaller panel as an elitist group.

Let's just roll with the current set up and if it doesn't work - Then let's discuss potential changes to the setup. CK's idea is potentially an alternative route, but let's see how it goes for now

Agreed. I've said that from comment #1.

I just threw in 10 names in a small sample size to basically prove that "a small group wouldn't work it'd be exclusive and exclusionary" comments are not accurate and that a small group could easily work. Much more efficiently and effectively imo but it's irrelevant. Let's just get the ball rolling.

I've literally asked you guys to do one thing: "Get a group together of 20-30 people and give me the list", yet a quick skim through this thread is already making me lose the will to live.

A small group is a terrible idea because it is elitist and exclusionary. This is not meant to be either of those things. 20-30 people are perfectly capable of having a basic discussion. Anyone who isn't capable of that shouldn't be in the group.

I'm not going to read this thread again, so don't write anything to me. Get the group together. It's not hard. Mail me when it's done.

Wasnt me that denounced a smaller group as elitist. It was mike. A small group has been suggested and rejected by him. Playing devils advocate is fine as long as it has the chance to get somehere but this cleearly isnt. All we're doing by discussing having smaller groups again is going round and round in circles

Wasnt me that denounced a smaller group as elitist. It was mike. A small group has been suggested and rejected by him. Playing devils advocate is fine as long as it has the chance to get somehere but this cleearly isnt. All we're doing by discussing having smaller groups again is going round and round in circles

Well it certainly isn't the first time Mike was wrong about something. Clearly his comment held merit with you though, and that perception is 100% inaccurate.

and I'm not really trying to discuss having a smaller group or go in circles, so much as point out the hole in that "it will be elitist" philosophy. I'm adamantly pushing a "Let's get the fuck on with it" agenda, even if we're including blatant record padding cheaters like Blake Phoenix on this list. Couldn't care less.

• Upvote 2