UFC 216 Ferguson vs Lee Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Wow! DJ is amazing and doing amazing things in the octagon.

yea for sure no one in 125 can keep with him --- would like to see him fight tj or cruz maybe even any top 135er though just to cement his p4p though -- also would just show that either the 125 is weak (which i think it is for most part) or just he is that good

Late change Wedum vs Lewis offf, Werdum is facing Walt Harris now.

I didn't see that until just recently.

An explanation of the following results. Anybody who didn't know about the Lewis-Harris switch and had picked Lewis received a NP for that fight and anybody that didn't know about the VanZant/Eye fight being replaced got a NP for that fight. Four fights got deleted from the result, with Harris being moved up, Lentz pulling out, and two fights ending in Draws. Maybe before next season we can discuss adding Ties to the standings to count Draws.

e7c1388e6ca86f3027d5556cf4720308.png

I did really shitty on this event.

I still can't even fathom how DJ pulled that armbar off. I really hope he fights TJ, Cruz, or Garbrandt next because there is absolutely nothing left for him at 125.

Any top 135lber would kill DJ - Borg had his moments against DJ and Borg is a complete bum

DJ is the king of the midget division and that's all he'll ever be

• Downvote 2

yea for sure no one in 125 can keep with him --- would like to see him fight tj or cruz maybe even any top 135er though just to cement his p4p though -- also would just show that either the 125 is weak (which i think it is for most part) or just he is that good

He should stay at 125 and keep winning. DJ is smaller then nearly everyone at 125, I dont understand why people are clamoring to see him fight guys who are walking around 25lbs+ bigger then him other then the belief that seeing him lose to a much larger man would invalidate his career and prove some point. DJ has been dominant and healthy, so he has had the opportunity of churning over the entire top end of 125 roster. That makes it a little easier to shit on his opposition because his defense pace has had to include some lower level challengers, but he has beaten more elite challengers then any other current champ.

There are still some good fights for him at 125, if Pettis beats Cejudo, then he is a good challenger. I'd also like to see Benavides get one more shot if Cejudo loses. Without DJ, he'd be the guy everyone shits on for being the dominant 125lb champ.

• Upvote 1

He should stay at 125 and keep winning. DJ is smaller then nearly everyone at 125, I dont understand why people are clamoring to see him fight guys who are walking around 25lbs+ bigger then him other then the belief that seeing him lose to a much larger man would invalidate his career and prove some point. DJ has been dominant and healthy, so he has had the opportunity of churning over the entire top end of 125 roster. That makes it a little easier to shit on his opposition because his defense pace has had to include some lower level challengers, but he has beaten more elite challengers then any other current champ.

There are still some good fights for him at 125, if Pettis beats Cejudo, then he is a good challenger. I'd also like to see Benavides get one more shot if Cejudo loses. Without DJ, he'd be the guy everyone shits on for being the dominant 125lb champ.

We're clamoring because nobody in the division has a chance. I like Pettis and Benavidez but we all know DJ would beat them fairly easily, so him fighting at 135 isn't to invalidate him it's to see him against an opponent that can challenge or beat him. GSP and Anderson were in the same boat years ago. People clamored for that fight despite Anderson being far bigger and heavier than GSP. Besides TJ was willing to fight at 125 so why not make that fight if TJ loses against Cody?

DJ is much smaller but I think you guys are underestimating him, he is faster and more skilled than any fighter in that division(or any division for that matter). I think he would do great against the top tier guys.

well i think he would have advantage with tj or cody dropping that extra 10lbs (which both done said they would drop to 125) -- dont think cruz could or even would be interested in dropping extra 10 -- benavides for sure should get another shot -- dont think pettis or cejudo have anything for dj period but from what they say i guess we will see cause they saying that fight will be next #1

well i think he would have advantage with tj or cody dropping that extra 10lbs (which both done said they would drop to 125) -- dont think cruz could or even would be interested in dropping extra 10 -- benavides for sure should get another shot -- dont think pettis or cejudo have anything for dj period but from what they say i guess we will see cause they saying that fight will be next #1

I agree with much of what you said. The key is those guys going down to 125. I cant see either Garbrandt or Dillashaw making that weight cut and being effective in the fight. That's why DJ should stay at 125 and keep defending his belt.

Pettis has improved so much since he lost to Benoit and is only 24. I think he'd get outgrappled by DJ and lose the fight there, but he has the best chance in the division to outstrike him. He's a guy who I think would benefit from moving to a better team. ATT could turn him into an absolute terror.

Fuck this card, it was boring as shit! 2 draws is so rediculous in one night.

The only good fight was mighty Mouse winning by suplex armbar and Werdum did well but again another fight with a late replacement that doesn't belong in the octagon with him. I'm tired of the shitty matchmaking putting mismatches and guys that outclass their opponents and then giving them performance of the night bonuses. Guys that deserve performance of the night are the underdogs that beat the higher level fighters!

Fuck this card, it was boring as shit! 2 draws is so rediculous in one night.

The only good fight was mighty Mouse winning by suplex armbar and Werdum did well but again another fight with a late replacement that doesn't belong in the octagon with him. I'm tired of the shitty matchmaking putting mismatches and guys that outclass their opponents and then giving them performance of the night bonuses. Guys that deserve performance of the night are the underdogs that beat the higher level fighters!

I'd agree with that last point. Ferguson Lee was a good fight also, Green vs Vanatta was incredible!

Also - I'm pretty sure Moraga was one of the biggest underdogs on the card and he got a performance bonus?

not that mcgregor is ever going to defend his title at all :) ... but if it happens Tony should worry about his defense ... he can't drop his hands and move forward like he did with Lee
Tony has a good chin and a great heart , but he should not get hit again and again with mcgregor left hands

if it goes to the ground with reasonable time left on the cock, Tony on top or bottom, mcgregor will tap for sure (unless he can change positions with his infamous BJJ coach just for that situations during the match :P )

Ferguson is like a better version of Nate Diaz, so I think it's a bad match up for McGregor. That being said, Ferguson is hittable and I think McGregor could knock him out in the opening round if he finds his chin. I know I'm going to pick Ferguson though, and he will be a good bet when the McGregor marks skew the betting line.

I think he is that good and the 125lbs division is that weak. The problem with him is that he is not really a 135lbs fighter, i would still like him to move up though.