UFC Undisputed 3

lylehumphreys

i'm on my second CAF, a lightweight submission guy named Devon "Dirty" Dunn (what can i say, i'm a fan of alliteration). went 15-0 before signing to ufc, and had a great back-and-forth fight against gomi before he caught me with a counter hook late in the 3rd for a KO. guess my 65 rated strike defense won't work as well in the ufc lol

I just started my second as well, (Marcelo 'The Assasin' Vilanova) jumped a bit earlier than you though and got my first UFC fight at 9-0 also against Gomi, very back and forth affair but fortunately it was me who got the late knockout win with about 9 seconds left on the clock, probably would have lost the decision from previous experience as well.

There is definitely a massive step up in competition from the WFA to UFC.

I remember my very first career when I went into the UFC at 4-0 and promptly restarted it after taking some severe beatings when I was about 60 overall lol.

I just started my second as well, (Marcelo 'The Assasin' Vilanova) jumped a bit earlier than you though and got my first UFC fight at 9-0 also against Gomi, very back and forth affair but fortunately it was me who got the late knockout win with about 9 seconds left on the clock, probably would have lost the decision from previous experience as well.

There is definitely a massive step up in competition from the WFA to UFC.

I remember my very first career when I went into the UFC at 4-0 and promptly restarted it after taking some severe beatings when I was about 60 overall lol.

he stuffed like 5 of my takedowns in the first round and my guy's cardio isn't that high, so i was kinda screwed since this one's primarily a sub fighter and he didn't have enough juice to finish a sub after that. i think my main problem was that i kept trying to finish via americana from the salaverry position (since i had just unlocked that move), instead of just trying to win, so i wasted a lot of time/energy doing that. i think i had him rocked on the ground twice, but didn't go for subs or the finish because i wanted that americana. and yeah, if you sign with ufc before you have at least like 8 fights you're totally screwed. with my first CAF i think i signed after about 10 fights, but this time i wanted to see if they would eventually give me a champ vs champ fight, but they never did and i got tired of smashing cans :P

he stuffed like 5 of my takedowns in the first round and my guy's cardio isn't that high, so i was kinda screwed since this one's primarily a sub fighter and he didn't have enough juice to finish a sub after that. i think my main problem was that i kept trying to finish via americana from the salaverry position (since i had just unlocked that move), instead of just trying to win, so i wasted a lot of time/energy doing that. i think i had him rocked on the ground twice, but didn't go for subs or the finish because i wanted that americana. and yeah, if you sign with ufc before you have at least like 8 fights you're totally screwed. with my first CAF i think i signed after about 10 fights, but this time i wanted to see if they would eventually give me a champ vs champ fight, but they never did and i got tired of smashing cans :P

Haha I do silly stuff all the time as well trying to win in certain ways etc, then suddenly I realise I'm about to get knocked out unless I stop dicking about!! I did manage to get a few leg kick TKO's though finally, the stepping leg kicks seemed to work the best.

My first guy was mainly a ground guy who went for submissions, found it pretty satisfying when you get the sub win, especially if you can submit anyone decent, but judging from my second career, a striker with ground and pound seems a hell of a lot easier.

who was everyone's hardest fighter to fight? fuck mine was jose aldo Can't last 3 mins on the feet with him.

Faber , can't take him down or wear him out cause his TDD is shit high and his BJJ is mental , his cardio is mental and so is his speed and footwork and his striking is super quick especially counters :'(

Faber , can't take him down or wear him out cause his TDD is shit high and his BJJ is mental , his cardio is mental and so is his speed and footwork and his striking is super quick especially counters :'(

fuck faber he's a pussy in the game :P. Cruz is harder tbh can't strike with him and he always does the random TD. Ohh yeah Aldo, it's like facing someone you absoulutly can't fight in the stand-up game b/c his punches and kicks are so powerful, you can't sub him, it's a bitch to get him dow, and he doesn't wear out. My only way was to attempt thousands of Td's and Gnp :D

Reading your comments it looks like your playing on simulation right? And it seems like theres a lot more Decisions which is much more realistic.

But you still fight the same guys over and over, thats a bit dissapointing!!

Still not sold if i should get the game or not.

just rent it and see if you like it.

Reading your comments it looks like your playing on simulation right? And it seems like theres a lot more Decisions which is much more realistic.

But you still fight the same guys over and over, thats a bit dissapointing!!

Still not sold if i should get the game or not.

well you got 3 divisons of fighters to mess with

Haha I do silly stuff all the time as well trying to win in certain ways etc, then suddenly I realise I'm about to get knocked out unless I stop dicking about!! I did manage to get a few leg kick TKO's though finally, the stepping leg kicks seemed to work the best.

My first guy was mainly a ground guy who went for submissions, found it pretty satisfying when you get the sub win, especially if you can submit anyone decent, but judging from my second career, a striker with ground and pound seems a hell of a lot easier.

yeah, the stepping leg kicks are def the way to go. i don't go for leg kick tko's anymore (after i did it once), but after most of my fights the other guy usually has at least 30-40% damage to at least one of their legs. the only downside to doing them is you get hit with some nasty counters if you aren't careful.

yeah, if you don't rock them before trying a sub it's pretty tough.

do you guys start every fight by sprinting across the cage and landing a big combo? almost every fight i start by sprinting in with a left hook, right hook, body kick combo. touching gloves at the start is for sissies :P i haven't been able to KO anyone like that yet, but i've knocked people down with the first punch a few times. i think my fastest KO was around 40 seconds, and fastest sub was like 50-some seconds. i think my favorite win was a leg lock where he tapped at 4:59 of the first round.

i haven't fought him yet, but you can prob leg kick him for the first round to take care of that TDD/footwork.

yeah, the stepping leg kicks are def the way to go. i don't go for leg kick tko's anymore (after i did it once), but after most of my fights the other guy usually has at least 30-40% damage to at least one of their legs. the only downside to doing them is you get hit with some nasty counters if you aren't careful.

do you guys start every fight by sprinting across the cage and landing a big combo? almost every fight i start by sprinting in with a left hook, right hook, body kick combo. touching gloves at the start is for sissies :P i haven't been able to KO anyone like that yet, but i've knocked people down with the first punch a few times. i think my fastest KO was around 40 seconds, and fastest sub was like 50-some seconds. i think my favorite win was a leg lock where he tapped at 4:59 of the first round.

I come out with a flying knee almost every round with my CAF or anyone that has one, rarely lands lol, but I actually got a straight knockout with one yesterday which landed perfectly, was the start of the second round though so he'd taken a fair bit of damage already.

I stopped touching gloves with the AI, it seems if you're a moment too late they start swinging at you anyway so I say let them have it.

I did like to use your method a lot in the last game though online, especially with people like Fitch when they are just expecting you to run for the takedown, and instead you start swinging like an animal.

i only do a leg tko when i am bored. There is a huge downside though,you get hit with some mean counters.

subs are hard unless rocked i agreee

and running out like that is a bitch move. i touch gloves like a real man. also my fastest is 10 sec ko and a 25 sec sub :P. also my fav fight was a title fight vs cruz. i got my ass kicked for 5 rounds (first time on ultimate)i am sitting there getting out striked out grappled. then like 30 second left he takes me down. i think to myself , " shit he's gonna grind it out", then i hear the clappers and get up. Cruz comes in to throw a punch and boom head kick, he fell down like a sack of potatoes. i wait for the annoucements and it sayes 4:59 ko..

I come out with a flying knee almost every round with my CAF or anyone that has one, rarely lands lol, but I actually got a straight knockout with one yesterday which landed perfectly, was the start of the second round though so he'd taken a fair bit of damage already.

I stopped touching gloves with the AI, it seems if you're a moment too late they start swinging at you anyway so I say let them have it.

I did like to use your method a lot in the last game though online, especially with people like Fitch when they are just expecting you to run for the takedown, and instead you start swinging like an animal.

yeah i've tried the flying knee and it hardly ever worked, but the running left hook works 99.9% of the time (in the first round anyway, after that it doesnt), which means the following right hook and body kick will land as well.

and running out like that is a bitch move. i touch gloves like a real man. also my fastest is 10 sec ko and a 25 sec sub :P. also my fav fight was a title fight vs cruz. i got my ass kicked for 5 rounds (first time on ultimate)i am sitting there getting out striked out grappled. then like 30 second left he takes me down. i think to myself , " shit he's gonna grind it out", then i hear the clappers and get up. Cruz comes in to throw a punch and boom head kick, he fell down like a sack of potatoes. i wait for the annoucements and it sayes 4:59 ko..

pfft, it's a fight. i'll shake hands when it's over!

haha that finish sounds awesome

pfft, it's a fight. i'll shake hands when it's over!

haha that finish sounds awesome

pshhh shaking hands are for taco haters!!

and yes it was, i actually peed a little when i did that.

i was determined to beat BJ Penn with my CAF, and needed to quit the game/reload it like 5 times in order to do it (first time i was matched up with him, and he's 41 so i wanted to make sure i beat him before he retired :P). we had some pretty epic battles! the best one was totally back-n-forth, with both of us getting knocked down multiple times, and both getting saved by the bell during a submission once. in the 5th round he even got me rocked in full mount but i was able to escape, and then i dropped him for a 4th time (dropped 4 times, but never rocked!) with a big counter left hook with about a minute left in the fight. he quickly stood up and i charged in with a 3 punch combo, but he swayed away perfectly and nailed me on the button with a huge counter-uppercut that put me out cold with 19 seconds left in the fight, and i nearly threw my controller across the room lol. if i had played it safe i'm comfortable that i would have won the decision. :(

in all the fights he didn't give me much trouble with the standup, but every time it went to the ground he'd end up reversing me at some point (mostly with that rubber guard reversal to full mount) and usually getting a GNP finish in the 3rd or 4th round. i finally ended up beating him by using hit-n-run tactics and trying to gas him out over the first two rounds with body/leg strikes, knees to the legs and body in the clinch, and some clinch slams/throws (followed by LNP until a standup, to avoid reversals), and then i KO'd him in the third with a counter headkick. it was extremely satisfying.

yeah i can imagine. does he cut super easy though?

i have yet to finish a fight via cuts, and i've only seen the dr. called to look at a cut once (which was like 1 minute into the first round after cutting the other guy open with my first punch and hitting him a few more times with strong counters). and several times i've TRIED to win via cut, by focusing on the same spot and backing off every time they get rocked or knocked down, but i've always ended up KO'ing them by accident before it happens.

i did get the achievement for winning via soccer kick KO yesterday though :thumbup:

yeah i can imagine. does he cut super easy though?

i have yet to finish a fight via cuts, and i've only seen the dr. called to look at a cut once (which was like 1 minute into the first round after cutting the other guy open with my first punch and hitting him a few more times with strong counters). and several times i've TRIED to win via cut, by focusing on the same spot and backing off every time they get rocked or knocked down, but i've always ended up KO'ing them by accident before it happens.

i did get the achievement for winning via soccer kick KO yesterday though :thumbup:

yeah he gets cut very easy.

also yeah shit is hard to get a cut victory.

congrats

• 2 weeks later...

i haven't fought him yet, but you can prob leg kick him for the first round to take care of that TDD/footwork.

tried that and hes way to fast! he lands some nice counters and grabs your leg for takedowns

finally caught him up in a 47-46 46-47 47-46 SD for the title though :))

lay n pray rd 1 & 2 , lost round 3&4 and rd 5 was a sftf round! Foty was a welcome bonus too

I like the general game play but it's so hard to find a reasonable game online. It takes forever to find any kind of fight and when you do they go straight for a Super CAF or the top guy in the division and just shoot for takedowns and spam GnP. Yeh you can stop it but it gets old pretty fast playing against the same guys and the same tactics.

I do enjoy offline mode but once you've been through a few careers there's little replay value I find. I'll probably pick it back up in a few weeks and do some of the Ultimate Fights or something.