Chess

tombickle

That is a pretty big difference in rating.

1200-1400 is 200 difference. In the grand scheme of things, thats not too big. Ive beaten 2000 rated players plenty of times, and thats a rating difference of 600.

He said he would be up for learning some things, so if we play, im happy to give him some pointers after the game on how to improve his play.

I'm just saying years ago when my rating had crept up to around 1500 I was passed off when I lost to anyone below 1200. And yes it happens and happened to me plenty. I'm not saying it couldn't be a fun or competitive game, but even on the low end of 200 points is significant and the high end of what the two of you quoted is 500 points which is very significant.

I'm just saying years ago when my rating had crept up to around 1500 I was passed off when I lost to anyone below 1200. And yes it happens and happened to me plenty. I'm not saying it couldn't be a fun or competitive game, but even on the low end of 200 points is significant and the high end of what the two of you quoted is 500 points which is very significant.

It'd be unrated games with learning opportunities. Nothing wrong with that lol

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the Chess Club in College, these days I don't really play at all.

• 4 weeks later...