Best Hiddens for Stand Up

SteelPenn

I would like to hear what 3 hiddens you like for a striker an why? Also, what you do not like for a striker and why?

Knows how to adapt his game plan

Has an extensive amateur record

Has a big heart

Has a granite chin

Never gets injured

Is very self confident

Doesn't cut easily

Is a fast learner

Has natural KO power

Is a popular fighter

• Upvote 3

chin, heart, KO power... the big 3 for stand up.

IQ, confidence, heart... the big 3 for submission grappling.

Confidence, KO Power, Heart... the my bawlz is hot build.

Chris, you never use - Is a popular fighter?

If I was to say there was one hidden underused right now with the current game it would be:

Injury hidden

This will have a dramatic effect on how long the fighter can fight before degrading or lowering his skill cap from injuries. Not sure I'd sacrifice another hidden for injury, but it could be useful for sure.

Most over rated hidden (of those people think is important) is probably IQ. It just hasn't shown me to be that pivotal in fighters and never seen it do much for ground fighters either. I've had high IQ guys (over 135 and as high as 143) with elite subs/black belt that couldn't land subs where either a lower skilled (slightly) and low IQ fighter could. The low IQ guys landed just as many if not more subs then the high IQ guy, now it could just been luck or not enough fights to show a difference but I never saw anything much out of IQ besides standing position choices and all that had mostly do to with SHIG's.

Again just my opinion

• Upvote 2

I follow the traditional advice and always check KO power, granite chin, and big heart no matter the build.

Exactly. Nothing else makes sense.

Fast learner - just test them and sack them if they learn slow

Confident - just see them lose and check morale after, sack if bad

Intelligence - a bonus. Dont make them a submission grappler till youve found it out.

Cuts, injury - just a bonus. Can still have a good career with these low (eg, if anyone cares, my old fighter Zeus Obliteratii, lost a few fights due to cuts but hey the opponents needed a chance against him.) Bad injury hidden just means theyll start to depop at 30 instead of 35.

Popular fighter - come on! Just win some fights!

• Upvote 6

My fighter Mick Murphy has a Granite Chin, KO Power, and Big Heart, and about a ZERO on "Never Gets Injured", because he ALWAYS gets injured for a lot of days. Gonna be sad when he starts depopping if he hasn't made it to the top yet.

Yeah, one of my better dudes has a 9.18 per fight injury average. It sucks.

Yeah, one of my better dudes has a 9.18 per fight injury average. It sucks.

Kajun Puno (39) 41 408 days (9.95 per fight)

4 (one every 10.25 fights)

created at 16 years old, started to decline at 29.

When your fighter starts to decline, his total skill point is going down. Advice to anybody who reads this if you want to pro-long the fighters career, specialize training and neglect a stat or two you don't need. Once Puno started declining I stopped training his grappling stats for the most part and that let me keep his striking and physicals close enough to elite to be competitive standing.

Boxing Sensational(126)++ Muay Thai Sensational(9)-- Wrestling Exceptional(36)- BJJ Strong(14)+

Punches Elite(115)-

Kicks Sensational(2)++

Elbows Feeble(115)-

Knees Feeble(115)-

Clinchwork Elite(28)--

Striking Defense Elite(162)--

Ground n Pound Respectable(16)-

Takedown Off Superb(2)++

Takedown Def Woeful(3)++

Submissions Superb(15)-

Defensive Grap Superb(17)--

Transitions Superb(5)++

Escapes Useless(284)--

In the highly unlikely event that I decide to fight him again, I removed his physicals from this list. None of them are elite but some are close enough, he trains circuits 4-6 times a week and has been for over 2 years.

now gonna compare to Ozzy McKane. He is basically same exact age created at 16. Much better injury hidden - also important to remember his training is neglected, missed a bunch of sessions and since no intention on him fighting he gets used as a universal spar bot so never tried to maintain physicals...

Boxing Elite(120)- Muay Thai Exceptional(7)-- Wrestling Elite(47)-- BJJ Sensational(146)++ Agility Sensational(8)- Flexibility Exceptional(13)+ Speed Sensational(48)- Strength Exceptional(1)++ Conditioning Exceptional(6)++ Balance Exceptional(17)+ Punches Elite(170)- Kicks Exceptional(28)++ Elbows Woeful(143)+ Knees Woeful(133)- Clinchwork Elite(159)- Striking Defense Sensational(0)++ Ground n Pound Abysmal(9)- Takedown Off Wonderful(4)+ Takedown Def Strong(58)-- Submissions Sensational(46)- Defensive Grap Sensational(4)++ Transitions Sensational(76)++ Escapes Useless(288)-

Ozzy McKane (39) 64 20 days (0.31 per fight) 5 (one every 12.80 fights)

• Upvote 3

If I was to say there was one hidden underused right now with the current game it would be:

Injury hidden

This will have a dramatic effect on how long the fighter can fight before degrading or lowering his skill cap from injuries. Not sure I'd sacrifice another hidden for injury, but it could be useful for sure.

Most over rated hidden (of those people think is important) is probably IQ. It just hasn't shown me to be that pivotal in fighters and never seen it do much for ground fighters either. I've had high IQ guys (over 135 and as high as 143) with elite subs/black belt that couldn't land subs where either a lower skilled (slightly) and low IQ fighter could. The low IQ guys landed just as many if not more subs then the high IQ guy, now it could just been luck or not enough fights to show a difference but I never saw anything much out of IQ besides standing position choices and all that had mostly do to with SHIG's.

Again just my opinion

IQ is huge for finishing fights. Rock an opponent or hurt them, IQ is big for following it up and ending it quickly. Dumb fighters let opponents recover, especially opponents with heart.

Great injury hidden is huge bonus, but it doesn't help win or lose fights arguably until 11-13 years into his career... which is a couple to few years IRL away... so why worry bout that, eh?

Mike added two new hiddens like 5 years ago, why we cant pick them when creating fighter? Potential amount of skills fighter can have 77-80% and age based skill decline at 28-35 years.

That age based drop of is probably one of most important for long career, but seriously fighting gets boring after you have spent some time at high level anyways.

Im usually picking 3 of these confidence, KO power, chin and hearth.

Generally a random combo granite chin /ko power/ intelligent /heart confidence/ .In my experience unless u really good with sliders intelligent is needed on the fighters part to win decisions ,Surprise nobody else is picking it My best KT guy had a IQ of 147https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=225528

I don't think Intelligence is needed for KT. My best KT guy made it to KT P4P #5 with an IQ of 96. And he probably would have gone higher if he hadn't been forced to fight up 2 weight divisions due to a lack of KT orgs/divisions.

• 2 weeks later...