• Rockmeteller Todd
    • Lil Wayne
    • Arthur Pinto
    • Idi oCrazy
    • Rocky McColgan
    • Hector Camacho
    • Dickie Dirty
    • Colin Croft

What's the criteria for Breakthrough Fighter of the Year? I felt it was too soon for Daniel O'Sullivan to be mentioned in 2015 but if he goes on a run in 2016 I'm wondering if he'd be pushing for Breakthrough Fighter or just for Best 155 Fighter.

There is no direct criteria for breakthrough fighter of the year, it is a pretty subjective award. My criteria for it is guys who break through in the mid part of the year and continue on an excellent streak after the break through into the non-id orgs. They realistically won't win fighter of the year due to the fact they fight in an ID org for half the year, but since they brokethrough midway during the year, i tend to give it to them. Guys who breakthrough early on in the year tend to be able to make a run for fighter of the year.

There is no direct criteria for breakthrough fighter of the year, it is a pretty subjective award. My criteria for it is guys who break through in the mid part of the year and continue on an excellent streak after the break through into the non-id orgs. They realistically won't win fighter of the year due to the fact they fight in an ID org for half the year, but since they brokethrough midway during the year, i tend to give it to them. Guys who breakthrough early on in the year tend to be able to make a run for fighter of the year.

Okay, thanks for the explanation!

I think there should be looked more at from how low they come as if they already were top prospect and beating up top guys the year before the year judged, then it's more keeping up their great job instead of breaking through in my opinion, but as you said, it seems pretty subjective.

I think there should be looked more at from how low they come as if they already were top prospect and beating up top guys the year before the year judged, then it's more keeping up their great job instead of breaking through in my opinion, but as you said, it seems pretty subjective.

Judd v Lil Wayne was back when both of them were prospects fighting in the same ID org neither of them were established top fighters at the time by any stretch of the imagination. You cannot hold it against Wayne that during his time coming up that he defeated a fellow top fighter.

My 2 cents is i don,t think fighters who were big names already should be nominated . Lil Wayne was a already a well known fighter in 2014 .The likes Dickie Dirty and di oCrazy came out of no where to be house hold names as it were in 2015.

Good point. I actually put forward Lil Wayn to be one of the division fighter of the year's for 2014, so I'll move my vote back to Dickie.

My 2 cents is i don,t think fighters who were big names already should be nominated . Lil Wayne was a already a well known fighter in 2014 .The likes Dickie Dirty and di oCrazy came out of no where to be house hold names as it were in 2015.

I couldn't agree more. I said that earlier on already but dinooo said he didn't agree.

Lil Wayne and some others here are beasts but were that for sure already in 2014. How much of a breakthrough is that then compared to dickie and idi... Someone even told that dickie comes from the gutter what is a fair assessment , altough I hope that smell is gone now :P