PISSING EXCELLENCE OR PISSING HOT

Guest bystander

41 members have voted

1. 1. PISSING EXCELLENCE OR PISSING HOT

If they've only used the same sliders its the same. There is no upside most of the time to predict anything. Predictions have been flawed since their inception.

Take auto-predict off and force people to scout or get rid of it entirely.

It would be better to get rid of auto-predict.

A lot of these options were implemented to make the game easier, just like now forgetting to cancel your auto-flight barely loses you energy and morale after so many mediocre managers cried about it.

This generation of "gamers" could never survive the Zelda (1) , Battle Toads or Ghouls and Goblins era.

• Upvote 1

Don't dismiss the value of setting prediction sliders, they're highly effective. Just because you don't know how to use them or you're not good at predicting what your opponent might do, doesn't mean that others aren't good at it.

Just don't try to outsmart yourself & try to trick your opponents prediction sliders by doing something completely opposite of your fighters bread & butter. Trust me, it doesn't work often lol.

I.e. I'm going to throw 90% head kicks because I've thrown less than 10% in his last 30 fights. He'll never see it coming!

Or...

I'm going 100% damage because I've been on high accuracy his entire career & it's boring. KO King FTW!

Many fails. When it works you feel like a genius, but it's rarely an effective strategy.

Don't dismiss the value of setting prediction sliders, they're highly effective. Just because you don't know how to use them or you're not good at predicting what your opponent might do, doesn't mean that others aren't good at it.

Well said. I would strongly suggest new managers always use prediction sliders.

Just don't try to outsmart yourself & try to trick your opponents prediction sliders by doing something completely opposite of your fighters bread & butter. Trust me, it doesn't work often lol.

I.e. I'm going to throw 90% head kicks because I've thrown less than 10% in his last 30 fights. He'll never see it coming!

Or...

I'm going 100% damage because I've been on high accuracy his entire career & it's boring. KO King FTW!

Many fails. When it works you feel like a genius, but it's rarely an effective strategy.

Quick question.

Fighter got for example 10 fights and all he has done outside is only use 100% clinch. As there where said that auto predictions calculates predictions based on last 20 fights (in this example 10) right? So then the auto predictions would definitely set up 100% to clinch so there would be no reason for me to put predictions myself? Or auto predictions have less value? How does that work?

Quick question.

Fighter got for example 10 fights and all he has done outside is only use 100% clinch. As there where said that auto predictions calculates predictions based on last 20 fights (in this example 10) right? So then the auto predictions would definitely set up 100% to clinch so there would be no reason for me to put predictions myself? Or auto predictions have less value? How does that work?

IDK. I'm not even sure if auto-prediction works at all.

Lets back up here on the whole prediction thing and give some back story (Karter will probably remember seeing this - since he's one of the few playing back then that I recall out of the people posting)

This should be mostly correct as it's been a while and I may have a few things off or wrong due to memory. Back before predictions, the game engine recognized spamming moves by the slider settings. Meaning that if you set to 80% TD's (this is seen as spamming and won't be as successful as 10% by the game engine) therefore before the fight even started the game engine saw that slider setting and even if you never attempted a TD before in any fights ever, the opponent got the advantage of it being a spam move.

Karter I'm sure has seen this in the commentary where the first move was a failed TD move and it said "fighter A made a predictable failed takedown attempt, when it was the first move and Fighter B had no way of knowing that. So mike redid it so predictions wasn't based off slider settings for that fight and converted it to an average of fights and added where you could do the prediction yourself.

Now, you can debate the whole how well does it work or does it, but in my experience it has very little effect on moves besides clinch and TD attempts. I have never seen any difference in predictions helping against fighters that do one basic thing, like ones that throw only head shots. It will however make a difference in TD and clinch attempts but is not HUGE but does seem to help somewhat.

• Upvote 2

Now, you can debate the whole how well does it work or does it, but in my experience it has very little effect on moves besides clinch and TD attempts. I have never seen any difference in predictions helping against fighters that do one basic thing, like ones that throw only head shots. It will however make a difference in TD and clinch attempts but is not HUGE but does seem to help somewhat.

The same impact it has on clinch and takedowns, it has on punches, kicks, and combos.

IIRC the "predictable TD attempt" commentary line is just flavor text for unsuccessful TD attempt.

The same impact it has on clinch and takedowns, it has on punches, kicks, and combos.

We are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

IIRC the "predictable TD attempt" commentary line is just flavor text for unsuccessful TD attempt.

I remember having this convo with someone (think it was shortfuse) or it was on the forum about the slider % effecting spam penalty and it was brought to mike's attention. Now whether that line was indeed flavor, I can't say for sure but that is why I thought there was an issue (the slider % designating spam penalties to the engine) and sparked the conversation which lead to the change by mike.

Lets back up here on the whole prediction thing and give some back story (Karter will probably remember seeing this - since he's one of the few playing back then that I recall out of the people posting)

This should be mostly correct as it's been a while and I may have a few things off or wrong due to memory. Back before predictions, the game engine recognized spamming moves by the slider settings. Meaning that if you set to 80% TD's (this is seen as spamming and won't be as successful as 10% by the game engine) therefore before the fight even started the game engine saw that slider setting and even if you never attempted a TD before in any fights ever, the opponent got the advantage of it being a spam move.

Karter I'm sure has seen this in the commentary where the first move was a failed TD move and it said "fighter A made a predictable failed takedown attempt, when it was the first move and Fighter B had no way of knowing that. So mike redid it so predictions wasn't based off slider settings for that fight and converted it to an average of fights and added where you could do the prediction yourself.

This works with all sliders? For example my fighter have only punches and no kicks. How should I set my sliders then?

I don't understand why opponent auto predict sliders where ever introduced in the first place. It takes 50% of the skill out of fights. Why not have auto sliders based on your own fighters skills aswell?

Dumb this shit down a bit more... Don't want to be prejudice against retards

I really don't think "auto-prediction" is very effective at all.

If there's something predictable, predict it. If they roll that way it's effective. If you don't know or opponent mixes it up a lot, don't touch the thing. When I use prediction sliders is entirely circumstantial and most fights I probably skip over it. The fights I do use it though, more often than not, effective.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...