• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:45 AM

Koch was definitely favourite at time of event - not sure about Choi.

Anyway bookies didnt get everything right - has that ever happened?

Camp-League-2019-fighters-sharpened-jpg.

#22 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 8,522 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Vegas Golden Knights, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

Koch was definitely favourite at time of event - not sure about Choi.

Anyway bookies didnt get everything right - has that ever happened?

All the time, that’s why I’m not undefeated.

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.png1cae8c4c383a2250f9dcd8ea5f3a79c5.gif

#23 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,701 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:55 PM

I literally fell asleep during the main event. Edgar has been given so many opportunities. He got a title shot while on a 2 fight losing streak (which he lost). He got KOed by Ortega in 2018 and has not fought in over a year......................and he got another title shot. Maybe the division has already been cleared out or something, but Edgar is being force fed multiple times and failed almost in all cases. He also has a ridiculous amount of rematches, in 30 fights, 12 fights were against 5 opponents. 

The other main card fights were also very average overall, this was arguably the worst card on PPV for a while for the UFC.

#24 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

I literally fell asleep during the main event. Edgar has been given so many opportunities. He got a title shot while on a 2 fight losing streak (which he lost). He got KOed by Ortega in 2018 and has not fought in over a year......................and he got another title shot. Maybe the division has already been cleared out or something, but Edgar is being force fed multiple times and failed almost in all cases. He also has a ridiculous amount of rematches, in 30 fights, 12 fights were against 5 opponents. 

The other main card fights were also very average overall, this was arguably the worst card on PPV for a while for the UFC.

Price vs Neal was very good
Cyborg vs Spencer was good
Pantoja vs Figueiredo was very good

And I only watched 4 of the fights - Edgar being the only rubbish one

#25 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,701 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:49 AM

Price vs Neal was very good
Cyborg vs Spencer was good
Pantoja vs Figueiredo was very good

And I only watched 4 of the fights - Edgar being the only rubbish one

I did not watch the undercard, but:

Krzysztof Jotko v Marc-André Barriault (was below average at best. Not to mention i had no emotional connection to either fighter (i do not even know either) my rating 3/10

Arman Tsarukyan def. Olivier Aubin-Mercier (same as the above, just i know these 2) my rating 3.5/10

Geoff Neal def. Niko Price (This was a good fight, not great by any means, but worth watching). my rating 6.5/10

Cris Cyborg def. Felicia Spencer (Decent fight, but not great for Cris's standards) my rating 5/10

Max Holloway © def. Frankie Edgar (For a UFC main event, this was as bad as it gets, boring as hell, two guys moving around and faking punches for the most part) my rating 2/10

The general star power of this card was atrocious, sure i am not the most die hard fan, i do not watch all MMA fights, i never watch the undercard. But i barely knew 50% of the main card and only 3 of those fighters are internationally recognized fighters. Add that to the fact that the fights were average, this made for a generally bad PPV card. 

I was reading up on this and apparently UFC does not care about the PPV ratings or buys any more, they get a flat fee for all their PPV's because they are sold via ESPN+, so this could be the first of many crappy PPV's.

#26 FightGame26

FightGame26

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

When I heard about the fights I thought for sure it was a Fight Night card and when I saw it was PPV my jaw hit the floor like who the fuck would buy this garbage...

#27 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

Oh I did think on paper this was a pathetic card btw.

The fights however were a lot better than I expected (from what I saw).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users