• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#41 dbsh209

dbsh209

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

The guy just asking a simple question. I am not a christian but I would have no problem with him having an alliance for that particular type of religion. I wouldn't think it's religious segregation. Go for it, and hopefully there's people who will join you.

• Guests

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

The guy just asking a simple question. I am not a christian but I would have no problem with him having an alliance for that particular type of religion. I wouldn't think it's religious segregation. Go for it, and hopefully there's people who will join you.

One thing is certain... religion is one of those topics that's very polarizing. We can definitely see that with just how this thread has evolved.

#43 Timmy

Timmy

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,360 posts
  • Interests:Christian baiting, not consuming things, boycotting advertisers, and DIY dentistry.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

I believe in the whole Bible.

Oh dear. Talking donkeys and everything?

Reality loves you!

As an atheist myself, i can't help but to worry more about people judging and looking down to religious people with some kind of real passion lol, no offense bud. While the country i live in is kinda known as traditional christian, the relation to the bible is kinda "soft" somehow, widely regarded as... well the word of god trough mankind with strong emphasis on mankind and by that as a document of its time. Anyways, my intention is not to start a discussion here now and i think we all agree there... but i guess we also all agree in "live and let live".

I don't think there's anything unfair about responding to superstitious nonsense. Religionists expect us to take them seriously and demand an undeserved respect, but their beliefs are Stone-Age and contrary to evidence that they simply pretend not to hear. The people who join in saying "live and let live" or "let's have respect for each other's beliefs" are part of the problem. The human race needs to move on.

Notice how the OP is keen to point out how he has no agenda to push religious dogma, yet, sure enough he "responds" to Grasman by spewing bible verses in his second post. Just like the sick man vomits, the diseased mind of the religionists hurls out the bible quotes. Actual learning and debate mean nothing to them because they know it all already. Such authority they find in that old book, they no longer bother to think.

Compare that to Mannetosen, who has the advantage of a truly open mind and responds directly to what Grasman actually said.

#44 coton81

coton81

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

my pennys worth 

who cares 
well some of you do by the sounds of it 
dont go quoting me i wont be back here :P

1381508331Ab1uGVm.jpg 1NkhWi0.gif

#45 Umberts

Umberts

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Lock the thread now MODS.

iwkMxedK056gk.gif

#46 aylib

aylib

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Jihad bout to go down.

#47 Kole

Kole

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Now this escalated quickly...

1267303006FF.jpg

#48 soyster89

soyster89

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

One thing is certain... religion is one of those topics that's very polarizing. We can definitely see that with just how this thread has evolved.

Polarizing opinions for sure, as well as one of the rare topics where people feel the need to push thier opinions on others - and it goes both ways. What I find even funnier (or more ironic) is that the ones who push opinions the most are the ones who are most upset that the other side is pushing thier opinions.  haha

#49 ArtieBanks

ArtieBanks

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

alliance of Christians, you may mean no harm, but religious segregation has no place here.

Yet national segregation is? FinnFighters etc, nationalism is just another form of segregation. It was made by people who drew fancy lines on maps and marked their territory. You can be as proud as your religion as much as you want to be proud as your nationality. He may just want an alliance with people who believe in the same thing he does, a common ground shared between them in order to start up a conversation and make friends. Same way being in an alliance with your fellow countrymen, you can talk about current events happening in your country. 

I blank quoted you just to say and warn people of you. Mannetosen is pretty much a religious fountain of knowledge, i have debated with him numerous times on chat and his knowledge in the subject is second to none. Pretty much just take what he says as gospel on the subject and move on. 

[13:57:42] Wolf: she fingered my arsehole though

#50 Umberts

Umberts

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

I blank quoted you just to say and warn people of you. Mannetosen is pretty much a religious fountain of knowledge, i have debated with him numerous times on chat and his knowledge in the subject is second to none. Pretty much just take what he says as gospel on the subject and move on. 

I agree. Saw it many times. :D

iwkMxedK056gk.gif

#51 Grasman

Grasman

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Polarizing opinions for sure, as well as one of the rare topics where people feel the need to push thier opinions on others - and it goes both ways. What I find even funnier (or more ironic) is that the ones who push opinions the most are the ones who are most upset that the other side is pushing thier opinions.  haha

If organized religion hadn't shown their dangerous and destructive claws throughout history, no one would probably care what religious organizations are doing today, other than their own members. ;)

Posted Image

#52 Floppzzy

Floppzzy

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Reading, Cooking, Cycling
  • Manager Profile

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

I say love and let live, no use in getting worked up over this. If you don't like religion don't join a religion based alliance. If you do join our found an alliance and don't bother others with it. The only problem is recruiting in s religious alliance as I'm not in favour of that. ..

1385531595fnpfcpost.png1376065122corporation4.png1385682772WDTS.gif

#53 Grasman

Grasman

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Nutty fictional Speculation

Consider this somewhere in time, between 100BC and 200AD.....

"A group of very smart members of a very persecuted group of people, seeking to protect the group for the future".

They think of a sub religion, create a storyline, (easily ripped off from various older religions), where the followers pray to the same god as the persecuted and later merge one of their own (Jesus) into their existing God..... meaning the new religions members will always be "special religious friends" of the persecuted group in the future and would worship one of the persecuted as part of their God......

Basically creating religious allies for the future, as long as that new religion lasts,.....

Its not like they could add people to their own religion, as you have to be born into it to be a "real one".....

So the second best thing given that situation, is to make a new religion, based on their own, where themselves are actually accepted as the true "children of God".....

And it worked way better and longer, than they could ever have dreamt of. :)

Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Not that I ever pushed my views or beliefs on anyone. It's a funny thing it's always free speech until a Christian makes a statement of belief or answers a question that is asked. Then it always turns into out dated thinking, bigotry, ignorance, intolerance, should I go on.

Like dinooo stated "Yet national segregation is? FinnFighters etc, nationalism is just another form of segregation. It was made by people who drew fancy lines on maps and marked their territory. You can be as proud as your religion as much as you want to be proud as your nationality. He may just want an alliance with people who believe in the same thing he does, a common ground shared between them in order to start up a conversation and make friends. Same way being in an alliance with your fellow countrymen, you can talk about current events happening in your country."

I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR GUYS TO MAKE AN ALLIANCE WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously anyone a Denver Broncos, or Ohio State Buckeyes fan??????? To be PC sorry Michigan fans dont't mean to offend:)  

• Guests

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

I only asked a question to see if I had something in common with people, other than the usual sports, gaming, mma, etc?

• Guests

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

However you guys are helping me earn credits for Spin and Win, for that I thank you!!:)

#57 soyster89

soyster89

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Nutty fictional Speculation

Consider this somewhere in time, between 100BC and 200AD.....

"A group of very smart members of a very persecuted group of people, seeking to protect the group for the future".

They think of a sub religion, create a storyline, (easily ripped off from various older religions), where the followers pray to the same god as the persecuted and later merge one of their own (Jesus) into their existing God..... meaning the new religions members will always be "special religious friends" of the persecuted group in the future and would worship one of the persecuted as part of their God......

Basically creating religious allies for the future, as long as that new religion lasts,.....

Its not like they could add people to their own religion, as you have to be born into it to be a "real one".....

So the second best thing given that situation, is to make a new religion, based on their own, where themselves are actually accepted as the true "children of God".....

And it worked way better and longer, than they could ever have dreamt of. :)

Again, it's as though you hate Christianity. I don't care why you don't believe, man. So while I've spared you from hearing why I believe, you can't have the courtesy to do the same?

#58 Steel

Steel

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

He can join the League of Scholarly gents we don't discuss religion too much but a number of us pray to the porcelain god at weekends.

Reading some of the posts on here gives me panic attacks that I'm back in a seminar at university with boners that are trying too hard to impress each other.

Can we discuss bond duration and Japanese superlongs next? Oh shit self induced coma hitting my frontal lobes.

#59 ArtieBanks

ArtieBanks

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

If organized religion hadn't shown their dangerous and destructive claws throughout history, no one would probably care what religious organizations are doing today, other than their own members. ;)

If you want to blame religion for everything then fair enough, but the one common constant in dangerous, and destructive things that have happened in the world has been humans themselves. We as humans have been known to kill each other for pretty much any reason you want to give, religion is just used as a scapegoat. 99% of those who believe in a God of any kind tend to be peaceful unless someone is trying to force their opinions down their throat. 

The people believed in Gods way before Christianity ever hit town. Some of the smartest men alive believed in many Gods, for example the ancient Greeks. I for example believe in a God, this God could be Allah, Zeus or God himself, as long as he is looking down on me. I have said prayers previously to the big man upstairs as i call him and funny enough through divine intervention or the more probable just pure luck, my prayer was answered. If that makes me mentally ill then so be it, i am mentally ill.  I will however say that your personal views come through as narrow and not very in-depth as by the knowledge bomb laid upon you by Mannetosen. You are generalizing a very complex subject into a context that holds no grounds. Now i believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and i understand kinda the point you are trying to make, but some of it comes across as me as someone who is fanatically against religion to the point if they could would like to destroy it.  

[13:57:42] Wolf: she fingered my arsehole though

#60 soyster89

soyster89

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Reading some of the posts on here gives me panic attacks that I'm back in a seminar at university with boners that are trying too hard to impress each other.

Can we discuss bond duration and Japanese superlongs next? Oh shit self induced coma hitting my frontal lobes.

LMAO - bravo dude.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Christianity, Christian, MMA Tycoon, Alliance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users