Blake Phoenix and KOFC

Monsieur.Camara

I say boycott, let blake and wink play with themselves or self. Top 20 doesn't mean anything with a poor rep and no other managers participating.

There needs to be a comitee or something to approve and deny people for org ownership. Cause orgs effect the game immensily for every manager in the game. More bad orgs the worse the overall game product becomes. Being an org owner shouldn't be just something vip managers get to do but a privilege that is taken seriously.

If org owners were banned completely from fighting in their own orgs it would not be a bad thing. I know some players do this in an entirely honourable way, but it is the root of many evils IMO. Who needs Joel Nicola orgs?

If org owners were banned completely from fighting in their own orgs it would not be a bad thing. I know some players do this in an entirely honourable way, but it is the root of many evils IMO. Who needs Joel Nicola orgs?

Would be a very bad thing and I'm sure you'd see a lot of orgs stop running.

There's a number of reasons that orgs can be shitty and that isn't necessarily one of them. You even said that yourself.

this sucks! im a guy that likes picking up free agents and if there build sucks, i like to cut them.. i spend my own VIP days for a quick turn around,.. and now im going to have to be more careful and im going to have to fight with the guy.. all because a few members... fucking it up for the rest of us!

I have to agree with you. I like FA`s and don`t pick them up to sign to one specific org. It is just fun to try to challenge myself by picking up an FA and see how far I can get him. If he turns out to be shit, it should not be a problem to release him, without or without a fight.

This shady practice is only practiced by a few, so warn them and follow up, but I do not see a need at all to come up with some sort of script. Just let Mike contact the few bad apples and warn them that he will take action if it does not stop.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

My personal opinion on FA pickups is the new manager should have no obligations to the org because of things like that. If it's a good paying contract then the manager will want to fight most likely. I don't like doing it but I've fought with FA pickups before because the pay was good. Also if it wasn't you that signed the contract then you shouldn't have to take responsibility like if it's shit pay or bad matchups or situations like that.

• Downvote 1

My personal opinion on FA pickups is the new manager should have no obligations to the org because of things like that. If it's a good paying contract then the manager will want to fight most likely. I don't like doing it but I've fought with FA pickups before because the pay was good. Also if it wasn't you that signed the contract then you shouldn't have to take responsibility like if it's shit pay or bad matchups or situations like that.

This is a very interesting point and might solve the main problem entirely without hurting the rest of the FA system in the process.

A default FA Signing Clause that would be apart of every contract (much like the exclusivity clause that's automatic in every contract, the part that makes every fighter exclusive to an org upon signing.) This clause would be for a fighter who is under contract by an org, but gets released by his manager mid contract. The new manager would be given a day to decide weather or not to continue with the contract. The manager would also have to buy out at least half the bonus in the deal I feel to be 100% fair.

This would solve a myriad of issues. 1 can no longer get an FA sign him to a crummy org deal, release him back to FA, and have someone else get trapped with a good fighter but trash contract.

That way the FA system stays relatively the same, but org owners & accomplices can no longer abuse the system for their own selfish gain which I believe is the main issue at hand.

• Downvote 2

This is a very interesting point and might solve the main problem entirely without hurting the rest of the FA system in the process.

A default FA Signing Clause that would be apart of every contract (much like the exclusivity clause that's automatic in every contract, the part that makes every fighter exclusive to an org upon signing.) This clause would be for a fighter who is under contract by an org, but gets released by his manager mid contract. The new manager would be given a day to decide weather or not to continue with the contract. The manager would also have to buy out at least half the bonus in the deal I feel to be 100% fair.

This would solve a myriad of issues. 1 can no longer get an FA sign him to a crummy org deal, release him back to FA, and have someone else get trapped with a good fighter but trash contract.

That way the FA system stays relatively the same, but org owners & accomplices can no longer abuse the system for their own selfish gain which I believe is the main issue at hand.

This is a horrible idea and would lead to even more problems and only punish org owners, if we sign a fighter to a lucrative contract and the manager launders the cash and releases the fighter the org loses out.......this single suggestion would render contracts pointless

• Upvote 5

This is a horrible idea and would lead to even more problems and only punish org owners, if we sign a fighter to a lucrative contract and the manager launders the cash and releases the fighter the org loses out.......this single suggestion would render contracts pointless

I don't understand how? it's not like you'd be totally losing out cause you will be reimbersed. Now the amount for reimbursement can be negotiable whether it be 100% of the bonus or 50% or whatever but the overall concept should at least be looked at. A contract is a contract I do agree but most people picking up FA's wouldn't worry about getting out of a contract if the org the fighter he picked up is in has given a fair contract. And on top of that making the activation of this clause the amount of the bonus makes it a deterrent, offer your fighters good bonuses and good fair contracts and this shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

So yes you could lose a top fighter, but if your a good org owner give fair contracts and have a good reputation you generally won't lose many fighters if any.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand how? it's not like you'd be totally losing out cause you will be reimbersed. Now the amount for reimbursement can be negotiable whether it be 100% of the bonus or 50% or whatever but the overall concept should at least be looked at. A contract is a contract I do agree but most people picking up FA's wouldn't worry about getting out of a contract if the org the fighter he picked up is in has given a fair contract. And on top of that making the activation of this clause the amount of the bonus makes it a deterrent, offer your fighters good bonuses and good fair contracts and this shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

So yes you could lose a top fighter, but if your a good org owner give fair contracts and have a good reputation you generally won't lose many fighters if any.

It's not a good idea. Too often do orgs sign a fighter only for the fighter to get released after 1 loss. The money isn't the problem, it's losing the fighter. Org fight to sign every fighter and if they lose the fighter to another org because the new manager is friends with that org owner. It's going to be a problem.

• Upvote 1

It's not a good idea. Too often do orgs sign a fighter only for the fighter to get released after 1 loss. The money isn't the problem, it's losing the fighter. Org fight to sign every fighter and if they lose the fighter to another org because the new manager is friends with that org owner. It's going to be a problem.

Fair and valid point, I'm not going to lie that would be a concern of mine as well.

• Upvote 1

I don't think there needs to be a system in place necessarily to handle these things. Yes; it is shady behaviour, but I think this thread proves that the org owners will get the bad reputation they deserve for this. Now unfortunately; as Jamie pointed out; there isn't a clear cut way to completely stop what they have done without in some way punishing legit org owners, which I'm not in favour of at all. I would be in favour of a ban from the game for this; the issue is that this harms Mike's profits, which obviously none of us want. I think though that maybe some sort of fine should be imposed. A Tycoon cash fine, maybe 75% of the managers money? Or the total org money? Difficult to impose I know. But this may be a way of trying to punish stuff like this; that ruins the game for a large amount of people, without punishing the hard working honourable org owners.

EDIT: If the fines were to be put into place; I propose they get sent to the noob fund in order to help newbies start out in the game

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think there needs to be a system in place necessarily to handle these things. Yes; it is shady behaviour, but I think this thread proves that the org owners will get the bad reputation they deserve for this. Now unfortunately; as Jamie pointed out; there isn't a clear cut way to completely stop what they have done without in some way punishing legit org owners, which I'm not in favour of at all. I would be in favour of a ban from the game for this; the issue is that this harms Mike's profits, which obviously none of us want. I think though that maybe some sort of fine should be imposed. A Tycoon cash fine, maybe 75% of the managers money? Or the total org money? Difficult to impose I know. But this may be a way of trying to punish stuff like this; that ruins the game for a large amount of people, without punishing the hard working honourable org owners.

EDIT: If the fines were to be put into place; I propose they get sent to the noob fund in order to help newbies start out in the game

So you would ban someone from the game because he signed a bunch of FA's to his org? I think this is going way overboard, for one, there is no rule in the game saying you cannot do this, so if there is no rule, you cannot ban someone or punish him.

I think a solution could be that it should be illegal to sign and release in your own org, you will need to have at least one fight. We could automatically sign another problem this way, if lets say someone sign's and releases without fighting in an org, then the fighter gets automatically released again, the sign on fee gets deducted from the original manager (who released the fighter) and returned to the org. This way you stop people from using their "multi accounts" and also it will help smaller orgs from getting ripped off by assholes who sign and release.

I think if we implement this, we solve (to a big extent) a lot of the problems mentioned. Obviously, someone can still sign, fight once and then release, but that is way more hassle and do not forget many of these people want to pad their fight records.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

So you would ban someone from the game because he signed a bunch of FA's to his org? I think this is going way overboard, for one, there is no rule in the game saying you cannot do this, so if there is no rule, you cannot ban someone or punish him.

I think a solution could be that it should be illegal to sign and release in your own org, you will need to have at least one fight. We could automatically sign another problem this way, if lets say someone sign's and releases without fighting in an org, then the fighter gets automatically released again, the sign on fee gets deducted from the original manager (who released the fighter) and returned to the org. This way you stop people from using their "multi accounts" and also it will help smaller orgs from getting ripped off by assholes who sign and release.

I think if we implement this, we solve (to a big extent) a lot of the problems mentioned. Obviously, someone can still sign, fight once and then release, but that is way more hassle and do not forget many of these people want to pad their fight records.

As I said; I don't wanna harm Mike's profits, so I don't think a ban is the right play here. However; the FA thing is far from the only problem here. The fact that we have org owners who abuse the system and matchmaking abilities to give their mates a leg up is a big problem. There are many that do this; not just the ones mentioned in this thread. A ban is a little extreme; and would ultimately hurt the game. I stand by what I said about a fine for these sort of actions though; because whilst many will now withdraw their fighters from KOFC (myself included) there is little deterrent to stop people doing the same thing in the future. I think a tycoon cash fine makes sense in this instance, as many managers have been effected because of the actions of Blake and Wink.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I said; I don't wanna harm Mike's profits, so I don't think a ban is the right play here. However; the FA thing is far from the only problem here. The fact that we have org owners who abuse the system and matchmaking abilities to give their mates a leg up is a big problem. There are many that do this; not just the ones mentioned in this thread. A ban is a little extreme; and would ultimately hurt the game. I stand by what I said about a fine for these sort of actions though; because whilst many will now withdraw their fighters from KOFC (myself included) there is little deterrent to stop people doing the same thing in the future. I think a tycoon cash fine makes sense in this instance, as many managers have been effected because of the actions of Blake and Wink.

What a load of BS. no one has been affected. I can pick up whatever FA I want, if I have the highest ranking, just like anyone else can. If I don't like the fighter I pick up once I see all his #s I can dump him, just like anyone else can. If someone else decides to pick up that fighter after me, they are free to do what they want with him and re-negotiate any existing contract, just like any FA assigned to any org.

F@ck you all.

• Downvote 13

What a load of BS. no one has been affected. I can pick up whatever FA I want, if I have the highest ranking, just like anyone else can. If I don't like the fighter I pick up once I see all his #s I can dump him, just like anyone else can. If someone else decides to pick up that fighter after me, they are free to do what they want with him and re-negotiate any existing contract, just like any FA assigned to any org.

F@ck you all.

The other orgs who could have signed him are hurt by your selfish actions. This has been established, and no they can't renegotiate a better deal cause the contract is already signed, if the org owner is nice enough to renegotiate terms (really doubt it under these circumstances since it's the owner who signed the fighter to the contract in the first place.) then yes, but considering the shadyness of the current situation depicted I seriously doubt that would ever happen.

A fine is fair and would be in line with most punishments enforced in the real world. But again since the cheaters in suspect pay 2 play goodluck getting a real punishment. They'll just bitch and wine, say they won't play anymore and make someone make a tough decision of possibly losing a paying customer. (Cause the rest of the org owners who pay cash don't matter neither, cause cash walks)

So I think this is the most we'll get out of this thread. Just be lucky the fighters involved got released, and keep an eye out for any further suspicious activities so at least we can make the community aware of orgs with faulty business practices. Outside of that idk.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

F@ck you all.

S-C-U-M-B-A-G

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

F@ck you all.

Piece of shit without a doubt. Good luck re-negotiating a shit contract when the fighter was signed SPECIFICALLY for shit money. You're technically not doing anything against the rules, you're just morally a piece of garbage.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

F@ck you all.

https://youtu.be/B1K0pUSSFUo