Ascension's New Breed Tournament - Season 1 sign up thread

ludovik

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1360138617asclogo2h.png

ASCENSION'S NEW BREED TOURNAMENT - SEASON 1

Ascension is glad to present a new series of tournaments called New Breed. The idea of this series is to hold tournaments with ID restrictions for some of the top guys around that division in an specific weight class. We've seen a good amount of new bucks coming over to big orgs and doing just fine and we wanted to give some of those that haven't reached that spot (or those who are already around there) a fair tournament and a opportunity to make history.

The concept of each season is to pick a ID restriction that's not too young yet not too old. Weight classes will rarely be decided before the sign up as we don't want to cut the chances of some fighters just because of his weight. This is a open trial. If you have a fighter that matches the ID restriction and you wanna give it a try, you should follow the example that will be down below this thread.

So let's go for the last specific details of the first season:

- The ID restriction for this season will be 160k.

- You just have to say the name of the fighter you want to sign up and the name of the weight classes he can fight.

Note: There won't be huge differences in weight regarding this tournament. If your fighter can cut down to the weight classes you listed, he's 100% guaranteed as a possible contestant for the division. If he doesn't, then we'll decide if he can fight in that specific division in case we choose it. e.g: Fighter A weights 149 pounds and wants to fight at 170. That's probably not gonna happen (21 pounds is a little bit too much) but he could fight from 135 to 155 with no problem. Another one is a fighter that weights 210 pounds and would fight at heavyweight (considering most guys would weight higher, the weight limit for 265 is 225 pounds).
We wanna be fair to the contestants and avoid some of the big differences regarding that aspect. Height won't be considered as a factor.

- Fights will be contested between 16-21 days from each other (looking to avoid injuries/cuts as a possible disadvantage for someone in that position). In case everybody's healthy within 14 days, we can discuss booking the events earlier than that but nobody will fight injured.

- This season will feature 16 fighters from a TBD weight class that will fight in a knockout tournament. Currently the fights will be decided by random draw and then the bracket will be decided by another draw in which we'll choose numbers for each fight and then randomly draw numbers so the positions of the fights are determined. If managers want to, the next 2 rounds could be decided by another draw (either fights being decided by that or just the fights positions for the quarter finals and semi finals).

- The prize for this season will be $4 Million!

- Starting date will be determined when the fighters and the weight class are chosen.

The rest is up to you. Good luck!

I'd enter Bubby at 170lb although there probably isn't much point considering he is a couple of wins away from holding the title?

Up to you, Stu. Depends a lot on his next fight and when the possible title fight would be contested. It might take a while to determine the fighters here and he could probably make it even being the champion. Up to you and in case you don't want it in the future, then we'll just replace him with another fighter.

I'd love to get LeFleur in at 155 or 170 (171286). If I can't get him free, or even if I can, I'd throw Makamori in too (173783). He can do 135 or 145.

I know it won't really have a start date until enough fighters sign up. But I think I have a guy for 155lbs.

I understand, but if you added the fighter here it would be better to keep track of the possible contestants. I have a file on Word here that has the fighters + weight classes he can fight for the tournament, so it's all cool :)

I'm interested, I have a few guys in that ID range but they are all signed so I won't know who I could make available until I know specifically which weight class.

Just like I said before, it's easier to determine that if I have the possible contestants. If he can't make it due to the org not letting him go, I'll find another way to replace him but if you added a guy here that could definitely help us speed up the signing process :D

- Boy Bubby (163830) – WW

- Learned Astronomer (170070) – MW and LHW

- Allen LeFleur (171286) – LW and WW

- Yoshiro Makamori (173783) – BW and FW

- Mac Jackson (173572) – BW, FW and LW

- Bruce Millard (169263) – FW and LW

- Tyson Jacobs (177938) – LHW

- Julio Quintana (183867) – LW and WW

- Martin Philippe Njewel (183869) – BW and FW

- Ramazan Temel (183874) – WW and MW

- Tigran Badoyan (185194) – HW and SHW

- Nir Sosa (187189) – MW and LHW

Astronomer wouldn't be able to fight at a possible HW season and Sean fighters I added possible weight classes they could also fight.

I understand, but if you added the fighter here it would be better to keep track of the possible contestants. I have a file on Word here that has the fighters + weight classes he can fight for the tournament, so it's all cool :)

This is my guy, he can do FW-LW (145-155). Johnny Miller

Don't feel like cutting him down just so he can be at 135 though even though I did have him fight at 135 for a QFC some time ago, I want to have him mainly fight at 155.

Great Sean glad your onboard mate. Luan do you wanna update the entries so people know where we at

This what I been waiting for mate. My inactivity lately hasn't been due to being done w/ the game or approaching that point. It's been more of a sabbadical of sorts as I wait for all those little shit-heads to get ready for the big leagues. Once the majority of my roster is up there I can start working on my goals for 2014.

I.E> Get 8 of my fighters top 10 weight class the same time