The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

Mac.McCarty

Anyone find it odd that Rashad called out Kimbo only to put him up against the big slow standup fighter? Nelson hasn't submitted anyone of note and will likely try to stand and bang with Kimbo. Also note how they tried to turn Nelson into the bad guy with his spat with Rampage? It's almost as if the match ups are picked to make it as likely for Kimbo to make it to the finals as possible. While I don't think the UFC would rig the fights in TUF, I wouldn't put it past them to lean on the coaches to make the "right" matchups.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone find it odd that Rashad called out Kimbo only to put him up against the big slow standup fighter? Nelson hasn't submitted anyone of note and will likely try to stand and bang with Kimbo. Also note how they tried to turn Nelson into the bad guy with his spat with Rampage? It's almost as if the match ups are picked to make it as likely for Kimbo to make it to the finals as possible. While I don't think the UFC would rig the fights in TUF, I wouldn't put it past them to lean on the coaches to make the "right" matchups.

What I am looking at is this. Nelson has tons of experience while Kimbo has very little. I think its a good choice to get Kimbo out of there.....I think its gonna be a fun fight to watch...

Are you kidding? Roy has solid BJJ, he nearly had a kimura on AA before the ref stupidly stood the fight up. He's a black belt under Renzo Gracie, and has competed in the ADCC ffs :lol:

Roy is the very worst matchup for Kimbo, but who knows... stranger things have happened. Rashad knows what he is doing, unlike Rampage... to paraphrase Kenny Florian, Rashad is playing chess while Rampage is playing checkers ;)

Kinda surprised there wasn't a 3rd round and I totally didn't agree with the judges giving McSweeny both rounds. I think Wes had the firs and Sween had the 2nd. I think what screwed Wes in my opinion was the half ass kimura he went for and gave up position. I think if he would have worked it the other way, going behind and under he back rather than over his head he could of had it.

I had Shivers winning the first round...I mean Mcsweeny didnt looked like he wanted any and was running away after getting hit a couple of times...and he didnt land anything damaging. I thought the second round went to mcsweeny, but barely, he landed a few kicks, but again, looked scared he was gonna get owned. I thought shivers was more impressive, he just really needs to work on his stamina...regardless..should have been a third round..Shivers got screwed in my opinion(not that he would have won the final round). My two boys next week...I think Roy might get knocked out...but if he takes it to the ground..it is over...cant wait.

this is pretty much how i saw it.

I had Shivers winning the first round...I mean Mcsweeny didnt looked like he wanted any and was running away after getting hit a couple of times...and he didnt land anything damaging. I thought the second round went to mcsweeny, but barely, he landed a few kicks, but again, looked scared he was gonna get owned. I thought shivers was more impressive, he just really needs to work on his stamina...regardless..should have been a third round..Shivers got screwed in my opinion(not that he would have won the final round). My two boys next week...I think Roy might get knocked out...but if he takes it to the ground..it is over...cant wait.

agreed.

honestly, i was VERY surprised that kimbo isn't going to be in the last fight of the first round. if he loses next week, then they'll probably lose some viewers.

I was pretty pissed after last night!

Sheevers won that first round and would have won the second if he wouldn't have gassed so bad. He stuck to the game plan the first round and did great.

Sheevers is the reason why people don't like watching heavyweights!!!!!

How can you get to the UFC level and be so fucking gassed that you just stand there with your hands on your hips. If I was Dana I would have been pissed!

Kimbo vs Nelson should be an interesting fight!

Kimbo looks like he is picking up on the ground very fast!

Are you kidding? Roy has solid BJJ, he nearly had a kimura on AA before the ref stupidly stood the fight up. He's a black belt under Renzo Gracie, and has competed in the ADCC ffs :lol:

Yup, he beat Frank Mir in submission grappling I believe.

Anyway, here's a little tidbit for someone to have a look at. In the bit at the end of this show, it shows Kimbo on the left of the cage, as the camera almost always looks at it, i.e. if you are walking to the cage from the lockers. He has not much vaseline on his beard. I may be completely wrong but I could have sworn I have seen a quick clip on the first show or a promo for this show, where Kimbo is on the right of the cage getting ready to fight and he has a load of gloop in his beard. Worth having a look for if anyone cares that much :)

Yup, he beat Frank Mir in submission grappling I believe.

Anyway, here's a little tidbit for someone to have a look at. In the bit at the end of this show, it shows Kimbo on the left of the cage, as the camera almost always looks at it, i.e. if you are walking to the cage from the lockers. He has not much vaseline on his beard. I may be completely wrong but I could have sworn I have seen a quick clip on the first show or a promo for this show, where Kimbo is on the right of the cage getting ready to fight and he has a load of gloop in his beard. Worth having a look for if anyone cares that much :)

that would be great if kimbo beat roy! especially after seeing roy interrupting his coaches advice WHILE they were telling him that he interrupts too much, lol.

that would be great if beat roy! especially after seeing roy interrupting his coaches advice WHILE they were telling him that he interrupts too much, lol.

What an arrogant, childish thing to do right? I can't believe they've almost turned Roy into someone I'd like to see Kimbo Beat. Kimbo did look like he was getting the fundamentals of ground game down pretty quickly, but hard to tell how much of that was Skill, how much was his sparring partner just letting him have it so he could get a feel for it, and how much of that was editing/Hollywood magic. I'm losing overall interest for this season pretty quickly, the more little clues continue to pile up that indicate this is basically the "Don't let Kimbo Lose" Show. As Humble as he is in the interviews, and as amiable as that is... it's hard to give him much credit for it when he's got to realize just as much as we do that everything is being stacked for him.

Roy is accomplished, and certified, tho. If anyone is gonna give Kimbo a run, it could be him.. Hope he has some Spinach packed up under those Man Boobies.

the first two fights were pretty underwhelming. i just hope the next fight doesn't include the fighters standing around with their hands on their hips or knees for eight out of the 10 minutes.

Just been searching for the magic evidence that I was talking about and I was wrong. There is a clip of him on the other side of the octagon but he's just coming into the cage that way, I think.

http://www.spike.com/video/kimbo-slice-vs-roy/3254138

I tell you one thing though, it goes to round 2. Look at the 8 second mark. It cuts between him standing there calmly (no sweat), so clearly before the fight... then in the next shot he's covered in sweat and is bouncing up and down (after round one I would say). :graduated: :shades:

I'm probably totally wrong now but anyway...

What an arrogant, childish thing to do right? I can't believe they've almost turned Roy into someone I'd like to see Kimbo Beat. Kimbo did look like he was getting the fundamentals of ground game down pretty quickly, but hard to tell how much of that was Skill, how much was his sparring partner just letting him have it so he could get a feel for it, and how much of that was editing/Hollywood magic. I'm losing overall interest for this season pretty quickly, the more little clues continue to pile up that indicate this is basically the "Don't let Kimbo Lose" Show. As Humble as he is in the interviews, and as amiable as that is... it's hard to give him much credit for it when he's got to realize just as much as we do that everything is being stacked for him.

Roy is accomplished, and certified, tho. If anyone is gonna give Kimbo a run, it could be him.. Hope he has some Spinach packed up under those Man Boobies.

As soon as Kimbo walked in some people were like "I hate that fuckin guy" people hate on his success. I have no problem watching Kimbo win the show (I'm sure he won't but I want him to) he went to the house with a big red target on his back. If Rashad woulda picked the first fight it would be Kimbo vs whoever he chose to fight him to get him out early. Look, Kimbo was in the spotlight, got upset by Seth, fed some weak ass MMA fighters, but hell they were MMA fighters. I thought Kimbo fights were pretty entertaining, even him gettin (t)ko'd.

To be honest, Kimbo seems like a cool guy.

People hate him for making a ton of money for fighting cans, would you turn it down? So what if he was a hype train, he was just trying to make money.

I personally don't mind him at all.

To be honest, Kimbo seems like a cool guy.

People hate him for making a ton of money for fighting cans, would you turn it down? So what if he was a hype train, he was just trying to make money.

I personally don't mind him at all.

Me either. Fighting in a backyard for money is more than half of these people on the internet who hate on him do. I want him to win, why not? Kinda rub it in Dana White's face. But we or at least I, would already know if Kimbo won the show.

As soon as Kimbo walked in some people were like "I hate that fuckin guy" people hate on his success. I have no problem watching Kimbo win the show (I'm sure he won't but I want him to) he went to the house with a big red target on his back. If Rashad woulda picked the first fight it would be Kimbo vs whoever he chose to fight him to get him out early. Look, Kimbo was in the spotlight, got upset by Seth, fed some weak ass MMA fighters, but hell they were MMA fighters. I thought Kimbo fights were pretty entertaining, even him gettin (t)ko'd.

I mean, if you introduce 15 fighters, then Do an exclusive introduction for the fighter your calling "Special". It doesn't matter who opened that door when Kimbo entered, all those other guys were gonna be like I hate him.

I actually disliked Kimbo before he was anywhere near MMA. I can see why you like Him though Chris, gotta rep those Homestate boys. When he was the "internet sensation" tho', I can't remember how many people were telling me you gotta see this guy Kimbo fight, he's a sick-ass fighter, blah-zay blah-zay. First fight I saw was the one where he was fighting that dude in All Blue I think, whre kimbo fucked the dude's eye up real bad, and stuck his chin out for the dude to hit him a couple times...

It was Blatantly obvious that he had professional training, and he was fighting some poor fuck who wasn't a fighter, and didn't know what he was getting into. All of his street fights were against what appeared to be some real tough guys... but they were scrubs as far as actual fighting.

First time he got ahold of someone who actually had some training, was Sean Gannon, and then what? His homies wanna start making up rules so Kimbo had an advantage. Kept trying to restart the count and count for a real long time. Just cause they didn't want him to lose.. Sounds a lot like what's going down in TUF to me.

The internet thing just made him look like a bully.. and I have a hard time rooting for bullies.

The Kimbo/Gannon fight was awesome...Gannon would get him down and start beating his ass and then his friends would be like "You can't hi Kimbo while he's down"...Funny stuff. Regardless..I also thought he seemed like a cool guy. We will see if has done anything to improve Wednesday against Roy......Those two will be ready to fight.

TBH i've been a bit disspointed overall with TUF 10 thus far.

firstly we hardly see the fighters in the house, normally there is some entertainment there and some insight into rivalries and the personalities of the fighters, which gets you rooting for and hating people; which of course makes things more interesting. Who can forget hating Leben is series 1?

On top of that the two fights were disappointing.

Now i know rampage takes a slice of the blame because of the mismatches he put on but you cant help but be disappointed with the poor cardio of both fighters in the second fight.

Watching two guys so gassed in round two, hand on hips with one running in throwing a leg kick and then running away with his back to his opponent looks amateurish at best.

I know these are big guys and cardio is a more difficult issue but there is no way in my eyes that any of the 2 fighters that won so far could even make a small dent on the UFC HW division.

that said i hope that it picks up, i look forward to Kimbo in the next fight, should be good. Plus some of the others look interesting.

But im not overly enthused so far.