Fedor vs Barnett

dushira

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could go either way. Fedor never fought a big man like Barnett who can actually fight. Barnett being a decent wrestler could win it standing or I can even see him winning if he can take Fedor to the ground and stay on top. I do think there's decent opposition for Fedor.

Then i really dont see what is out there to challenge him

He won the Arlovski fight with a lucky punch he trew with his eyes closed and you can't see challengers for him. Damn you are naive.

overhands like that arnt lucky punches, i throw them all the time and they tend to land. if i can do it then im sure fedor can. however, i do think theres still fights out there for him. i think if cro cop goes to dream, you will see cro cop and fedor at new years. most of the best fights left though ate in the ufc, he really should sign

overhands like that arnt lucky punches, i throw them all the time and they tend to land.

They are if they are trown with eyes closed. If you ever see a fight between two good boxers end because one knocked the other out with his eyes closed than please let me know. You don't trow punches not knowing what you are aiming for. He didn't know. He was just lucky that Arlovski was stupid enough to try a flying knee.

It's the same as a lucky goal in basketball or football. Even the good ones make them. I do consider Fedor as the best fighter, but to say that there's a big gap between him and other top fighters is just stupid.

no, the flying knee is a very telescopic strike, you can see it coming a mile off. an overhand can be thrown even with your eyes closed, its just timing. you stiffen your arm up and you know the arc it will travel. you judge the speed of your opponent and boom. i could have hit arlovski with the same punch, although i wouldnt spark him because i punch like a jessy

no, the flying knee is a very telescopic strike, you can see it coming a mile off.

Not with your eyes closed. Watch the replay.

Again I don't want to take anything away from Fedor. I think he is the best fighter, but not everything he does is perfect. Actually in the last 3 years his best wins are over Sylvia and Arlovski. It took him only 36 seconds to defeat Sylvia, but some washed up boxer might do it in 9. In the Arlovski fight it took him almost 5 minutes to land one punch. And the one punch he landed was when he was looking at the floor and Arlovski was trying a flying knee. Brett Rogers finished Arlovski in 30 seconds and there was nothing lucky about it. The fight with Barnett is a real test in which he might not get away that easily.

Not with your eyes closed. Watch the replay.

Again I don't want to take anything away from Fedor. I think he is the best fighter, but not everything he does is perfect. Actually in the last 3 years his best wins are over Sylvia and Arlovski. It took him only 36 seconds to defeat Sylvia, but some washed up boxer might do it in 9. In the Arlovski fight it took him almost 5 minutes to land one punch. And the one punch he landed was when he was looking at the floor and Arlovski was trying a flying knee. Brett Rogers finished Arlovski in 30 seconds and there was nothing lucky about it. The fight with Barnett is a real test in which he might not get away that easily.

Ok now you are an idiot for even comparing the whole he beat so and so in xx secs and etc etc.

Give it up. Fedor basically makes fighters a shell of themselves. Everyone he has faught has pretty much shit the bed. Call it shell shocked or whatever, the guy is eating their souls. Sylvia, Arlovski, Nog, Randleman just to name a few were never the same after getting beat by Fedor. Granted Nog last a bit longer but nothing spectacular like he was prior to fedor fight.

I don't get it, by that logic, Fedor should win the lottery every week, as he is the luckiest man alive

and it would be pretty hard to go 5 minutes without closing your eyes, they would dry the fuck out

Barnett is a catch wrestler so he has way more ground game then regular wrestler. He has a chance to beat Fedor like any other fighter in the world. but he has size and etc...

but Fedor will win move to UFC beat Brock then lose to Mir for the title simple as that.

Fedor doesn't just win, he destroys careers.

After fighting Fedor Timmy Silvia gets KOed by a 48 year old boxer in his MMA debut in 9 seconds. Now he will miss his big fight on Affliction 3.

Arlovski gets destroyed by a HW not even in the top 20 within 22 seconds. Now he will miss his boxing debut.

I predict that Barnett will be losing to Tank Abbott via gogoplata by the end of the year :D

Barnett is a catch wrestler so he has way more ground game then regular wrestler. He has a chance to beat Fedor like any other fighter in the world. but he has size and etc...

but Fedor will win move to UFC beat Brock then lose to Mir for the title simple as that.

Fedor losing to Mir is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Ok now you are an idiot for even comparing the whole he beat so and so in xx secs and etc etc.

Everybody all excited because Fedor beat Tim Sylvia IN JUST 36 SECONDS!! Now when I'm making a comparison to relativise it, I'm an idiot. Don't be so fucking sad. It where great wins, but lesser fighters did it too. That's all I tried to say.

Funny that if you don't compare Fedor to superman, you get comments like. "If that's true Fedor might win the lottery next week." and people getting pissed off like easedel. I didn't even say anything bad about him. I said multiple times that I consider him the best fighter. All this because I said he is mortal. You are like teenage girls were about the backstreetboys. Stuck in the megahype.

Everyone he has faught has pretty much shit the bed. Call it shell shocked or whatever, the guy is eating their souls.

Please...

Everybody all excited because Fedor beat Tim Sylvia IN JUST 36 SECONDS!! Now when I'm making a comparison to relativise it, I'm an idiot. Don't be so fucking sad. It where great wins, but lesser fighters did it too. That's all I tried to say.

Funny that if you don't compare Fedor to superman, you get comments like. "If that's true Fedor might win the lottery next week." and people getting pissed off like easedel. I didn't even say anything bad about him. I said multiple times that I consider him the best fighter. All this because I said he is mortal. You are like teenage girls were about the backstreetboys. Stuck in the megahype.

Well you said that he defeated AA with a lucky punch and that's pretty bad, and does it really matters that his opponents were defeated by "lesser fighters"? No because this is MMA and in MMA shit can and will happen, the best fighter does not always wins and the puncher's chance in MMA is bigger than in any other sport. And if you don't like Fedor’s hype too bad my friend because you can't do anything about it so you just have to suck it up.

Dana White said he would sign Barnett back to the UFC if he beats Fedor in this match.

Fedor will eat his soul, give him a respectful hug to show his appreciation for letting fedor become closer to being the one, then be on his way. Thats right, I made a Jet li movie reference.

What's bad about saying it like it is? I also said that even the best make them. Just like scores and basketball and football. If you find that scoring with a lucky punch makes you a lesser fighter than that's your problem.

What's bad about saying it like it is? I also said that even the best make them. Just like scores and basketball and football. If you find that scoring with a lucky punch makes you a lesser fighter than that's your problem.

I don't think that wining a fight with a lucky punch makes you a lesser nor a better fighter, but is a little disrespectful to say that a perfectly timed counter punch was only luck.

Pppfff. Except he didn't time it. He was was looking at the ground. It wasn't a counterpunch either. Fedor didn't see that Arlovski would go for the flying knee. It's a bit funny that you are the one finding it disrespectful, proving my point completely. If you dare to say that superman isn't perfect than you are disrespectful. But if you feel good playing the disrespectpolice for Fedor than go ahead.

Dana White said he would sign Barnett back to the UFC if he beats Fedor in this match.

Fedor will eat his soul, give him a respectful hug to show his appreciation for letting fedor become closer to being the one, then be on his way. Thats right, I made a Jet li movie reference.

Fedor: "I don't need to know you, you only need to know me. I am nobodies bitch"