Strikeforce HW tournament 2011 !

I got the Reem taking it. He just looked so damn dominant lately. I know it's been lower caliber fighters but he seems like a cool dude too. I wouldn't mind Fedor winning also. He seems like a geniune guy but is surrounded by snakes.

My not-so-expert predictions, enjoy.

First Round:

Fedor vs. Silva = Bigfoot doesn't stand a chance. Fedor kills bears with his bare hands. Hah! Wordplay. Bare/Bear. ;)

Overeem vs. Werdum = Hopefully Overeem is smart enough not to make Fedor's mistake. Even if he isn't, I'm sure someone in his camp is.

Arlovski vs. Kharitonov = I believe Kharitonov can take advantage of the weak chin of Arlovski.

Barnett vs. Rogers = Its a coin-flip of overrated fighters. Gotta go with Barnett though, since Barnett is only slightly less of a tool than Rogers.

Second Round:

Fedor vs. Overeem = I doubt Overeem can knock him out, and Fedor would win the grappling aspect of the fight.

Kharitonov vs. Barnett = I'm not sold on Barnett being as good as he thinks he is.

Final:

Fedor vs. Kharitonov = Fedor by absolute molestation since the right side of the bracket blows.

Watch silva and werdum fuck up their bracket and Rodgers win the whole thing.

The reason for the rather lopsided draw is to avoid that problem.

If both Big Foot and Werdum win, they have fought before so a rematch line is set up nicely and it releases them to have Fedor vs Overeem anyway. If Werdum and Fedor Win then they have the man who beat the unbeatable story and Overeem will go K1'ing. While Overeem vs Silva is a top striker vs striker match up and opens up the rematch of Fedor and Werdum for another card. Therefore one way or another, the fights will happen.

I would think it more amusing if Arlovski wins being on a three fight losing streak.

i personally like the matchups for this. seems logical to me. strikeforce is making sure that they put on the fights that everyone wants to see and they're leaving no chance for upsets or pullouts to fuck it up. i think that's the smartest play myself.

the only thing that i would have liked to have seen differently would be fedor vs barnett in round 1. simply because its been years in the making. but my picks go like so:

Fedor

............Fedor

Silva

....................................Fedor

Overeem

.............Overeem

Werdum

..................................................................Barnett

Arlovski

..............Sergei

Sergei

..................................Barnett

Barnett

.............Barnett

Rogers

i personally like the matchups for this. seems logical to me. strikeforce is making sure that they put on the fights that everyone wants to see and they're leaving no chance for upsets or pullouts to fuck it up. i think that's the smartest play myself.

the only thing that i would have liked to have seen differently would be fedor vs barnett in round 1. simply because its been years in the making. but my picks go like so:

Fedor

............Fedor

Silva

....................................Fedor

Overeem

.............Overeem

Werdum

..................................................................Barnett

Arlovski

..............Sergei

Sergei

..................................Barnett

Barnett

.............Barnett

Rogers

That's the way I see it panning out too, not too sure if Barnet will take the win in the final but I definitely see him getting there and causing a lot of problems for whoever he's up against. Does anyone know of any betting odds for the outright winner?

That's the way I see it panning out too, not too sure if Barnet will take the win in the final but I definitely see him getting there and causing a lot of problems for whoever he's up against. Does anyone know of any betting odds for the outright winner?

Nah, I don't think they have outright winner odds yet. We'll have to wait till the Final.

Fedor -500 vs. Silva +325

Overeem -275 vs. Werdum +215

Arlovski -145 vs. Kharitonov +115

Barnett -300 vs. Rogers +240

"Beginning with Overeem's quarterfinal bout against Werdum, each Strikeforce title fight throughout the tournament will be a five-round contest. All other bouts are relegated to three rounds."

This was retracted, so I guess DIDM wins that round. I don't know why Coker/Showtime seem to intentionally be trying to make their champions' statim so disregardable but there it is.

Apparantly, if Overeem makes it to the finals, that'll be a title match. Otherwise, the winner of the final bracket's match will contest Overeem for the belt (someday). I get the feeling that whoever is making decisions is aware that the nerd fans recognize that Overeem is the SF champ, and they don't want to risk that one glimmering hope of legitimacy. I mean, it's either a) Overeem fights a couple dudes that won't win his title by beating him, and then defends his belt in a third fight; or, B) Overeem, coming off of a loss within the Strikeforce HW division, fights to defend the Strikeforce HW title that he should have already lost. It's a stupid-stupid situation.

If Coker went back to producing MT shows on ESPN-8 - "The Ocho!~" - I'd probably watch his broadcasts with a lot more concern than this circus warrants.

Anyways Fedor and Barnett will not fight, and Fedor and Overeem will not fight, but either Fedor or Barnett will win the tourney, and then either retire forever to play with animals or pee fucken rainbows while playing with Urotsukidoji action figurines, depending on which man we're talking about.

This was retracted, so I guess DIDM wins that round. I don't know why Coker/Showtime seem to intentionally be trying to make their champions' statim so disregardable but there it is.

Apparantly, if Overeem makes it to the finals, that'll be a title match. Otherwise, the winner of the final bracket's match will contest Overeem for the belt (someday). I get the feeling that whoever is making decisions is aware that the nerd fans recognize that Overeem is the SF champ, and they don't want to risk that one glimmering hope of legitimacy. I mean, it's either a) Overeem fights a couple dudes that won't win his title by beating him, and then defends his belt in a third fight; or, B) Overeem, coming off of a loss within the Strikeforce HW division, fights to defend the Strikeforce HW title that he should have already lost. It's a stupid-stupid situation.

If Coker went back to producing MT shows on ESPN-8 - "The Ocho!~" - I'd probably watch his broadcasts with a lot more concern than this circus warrants.

Anyways Fedor and Barnett will not fight, and Fedor and Overeem will not fight, but either Fedor or Barnett will win the tourney, and then either retire forever to play with animals or pee fucken rainbows while playing with Urotsukidoji action figurines, depending on which man we're talking about.

This is how GP's usually work. Wanderlei Silva lost to Ricardo Arona in the Pride 05 GP and then had to fight Arona at Shockwave to defend his MW belt. Dan Henderson also lost to Misaki in a GP and retained his Pride WW belt that was then unified with the UFC belt later on.

• 4 weeks later...
Are you high? Bigfoot over Fedor? I hate how everyone is trying to call the upsets now that Werdum pulled one off.

Mmm... How does my ass taste?

Two on two for me this event. Kharitonov and Silva to the next round. They'll fight Overeem and Barnett. Overeem will defeat Kharitonov in the finals.

Mmm... How does my ass taste?

Two on two for me this event. Kharitonov and Silva to the next round. They'll fight Overeem and Barnett. Overeem will defeat Kharitonov in the finals.

Let me lick more, it tastes like herpes and year old man-cum.

That's okay...there have been a lot of "upset" callers these days...

Let me lick more, it tastes like herpes and year old man-cum.

That's okay...there have been a lot of "upset" callers these days...

Actually 45% of the fans thought that Fedor would win the tournament. I also got laughed at when I said that Overeem would beat Fedor if they fought and that was before Fedor even fought Rogers. I also said that he couldn't fight going backwards and he proved me right. I never even considered it an upset. I said before that Werdum and Silva are the two best and most well rounded fighters that Fedor ever faced. Fedor was king when the heavyweight division consisted of one dimensional fighters only. Those days are over.

Actually 45% of the fans thought that Fedor would win the tournament. I also got laughed at when I said that Overeem would beat Fedor if they fought and that was before Fedor even fought Rogers. I also said that he couldn't fight going backwards and he proved me right. I never even considered it an upset. I said before that Werdum and Silva are the two best and most well rounded fighters that Fedor ever faced. Fedor was king when the heavyweight division consisted of one dimensional fighters only. Those days are over.

Good for you.

You should write for Sherdog.

I think a lot of people are severely under estimating Bigfoot and Werdum.

Bigfoot just beat Fedor (supposedly the greatest not too long ago) and did it quite convincingly. He only has 2 losses in his pro career (oddly enough, one of those is to Werdum).

Werdum is vastly underrated. He has 4 losses as a professional, but all of them have been against some of the best guys in their prime (JDS, Big Nog, Arlovski when he was good, and a split decision loss to Kharitonov).

What more do these two have to do to earn respect................besides fight in UFC??????

Dana helped MMA grow but that doesn't mean he has to tweet his gayass smiley faces whenever something beneficial to HIM happens in a "rival" organization. Dana isn't here for the sport of mma. He's here, now, for the power and the money. Fuck that dude and his never-ending propaganda that the only legitimate fighters and fights are in the UFC.

People with that sentiment don't get it. The UFC IS MMA. Outside of a very small pocket of fans, nobody gives a shit about any MMA that isn't in the Octagon. They are the Kleenex of the tissue paper world.

People with that sentiment don't get it. The UFC IS MMA. Outside of a very small pocket of fans, nobody gives a shit about any MMA that isn't in the Octagon. They are the Kleenex of the tissue paper world.

+1

Dana has every right to post what he wants on his personal blog. The fact people want to take his rights away because a fan is being over fanatical should make others wake up and realize how immature they are being. Fedor lost. Big deal. How does that effect anyone? Dana has the right to believe any fight outside the UFC is a farce because it is. Dana doesn't talk about every small fight or promotion. But when you single yourself out as competition like SF has then he has every right to compete. Also at this point anyone who chooses not to fight in the UFC is really avoiding competition. Just like a #1 college QB choosing the CFL. He could play great and people would still say it is meaningless. Because it would be. There are many reasons for a guy not to choose the UFC. But dont expect people to believe your opponents are that great. You can never face UFC level opponents anywhere else.

Everyone knows Fedor avoided the UFC thinking he could stay undefeated and keep his credibility. He took lower offers to avoid the UFC. Then using the media to make it look like Dana was the reason he didn't sign. It blew up in his face. If i was Dana and they tried to make me look bad and it back fired i would be doing more than posting smiley faces.

+1

Dana has every right to post what he wants on his personal blog. The fact people want to take his rights away because a fan is being over fanatical should make others wake up and realize how immature they are being. Fedor lost. Big deal. How does that effect anyone? Dana has the right to believe any fight outside the UFC is a farce because it is. Dana doesn't talk about every small fight or promotion. But when you single yourself out as competition like SF has then he has every right to compete. Also at this point anyone who chooses not to fight in the UFC is really avoiding competition. Just like a #1 college QB choosing the CFL. He could play great and people would still say it is meaningless. Because it would be. There are many reasons for a guy not to choose the UFC. But dont expect people to believe your opponents are that great. You can never face UFC level opponents anywhere else.

Everyone knows Fedor avoided the UFC thinking he could stay undefeated and keep his credibility. He took lower offers to avoid the UFC. Then using the media to make it look like Dana was the reason he didn't sign. It blew up in his face. If i was Dana and they tried to make me look bad and it back fired i would be doing more than posting smiley faces.

guys like Shane Del Rosario Alistair Overeem Rafael Cavalcante Muhammed Lawal Gegard Mousasi Dan Henderson Ronaldo Souza Paul Daley Evangelista Santos and all others are there to avoid competition?

guys like Shane Del Rosario Alistair Overeem Rafael Cavalcante Muhammed Lawal Gegard Mousasi Dan Henderson Ronaldo Souza Paul Daley Evangelista Santos and all others are there to avoid competition?

Or the UFC dont want them. ;)

A few of these guys are not with UFC, each for their own reason.

Daley - Fired from UFC for sucker punching Koscheck

Overeem - Besides the fact he only has 1 fight in the US in the last 4 years, Overeem has more then likely taken steroids and has the potential to fail any post fight drug test.

Lawal - He may end up in UFC at some point, but he signed with Strikeforce and Sengoku to start his mma career. UFC very rarely signs fighters with no professional fights.

Henderson - He left UFC to "become the face of Strikeforce" and failed miserably. UFC still wanted to resign him, but he chose not to sign.

Cavalcante - Like Lawal, we could still see him in a UFC cage at some point. After IFL folded he signed with EliteXC and then Strikeforce.

A few of these guys are not with UFC, each for their own reason.

Daley - Fired from UFC for sucker punching Koscheck

Overeem - Besides the fact he only has 1 fight in the US in the last 4 years, Overeem has more then likely taken steroids and has the potential to fail any post fight drug test.

Lawal - He may end up in UFC at some point, but he signed with Strikeforce and Sengoku to start his mma career. UFC very rarely signs fighters with no professional fights.

Henderson - He left UFC to "become the face of Strikeforce" and failed miserably. UFC still wanted to resign him, but he chose not to sign.

Cavalcante - Like Lawal, we could still see him in a UFC cage at some point. After IFL folded he signed with EliteXC and then Strikeforce.

I know all these reasons but they are no in the UFC because they avoid the competition !

And about Overeem he always does all the tests and always is clean so stop this nonsense !