Project Builds

So here is a list of project builds that i have come up with. First i am going to give my reasons on why certain builds are more practical than others.

One thing i also have to mention is that everyone has their own way of making fighters and that this is just a guide so i dont want a bunch of people telling me that i am making them the wrong way, although new suggestions are welcome.

Here is the first build for a boxing project. It probably is one of my least favorite builds since boxing is the easiest skill to build up.

Boxing: Wonderful

MT: Abysmal

Wres: Useless

BJJ: Useless

Punches: Wonderful

Kicks: Useless

Elbows: Useless

Knees: Useless

Clinchwork: Wonderful

Striking D: Wonderful

GnP: Useless

Takedowns: Useless

Takedown D: Useless

Submissions: Useless

Def Grap: Useless

Agility: Useless

Flexibility: Useless

Speed: Strong

Strength: Useless

Conditioning: Wonderful

Balance: Useless

(All physicals are the same for every build, but I have heard of people making speed wonderful and Conditioning strong and then just building up cardio so you have maximum speed)

Priority training first to last. Takedown D, Def Grap, MT, physicals

MT Build (my personal favorite)

Boxing: Useless

MT: Wonderful

Wres: Abysmal

Punches: Useless

Kicks: Wonderful

Elbows: Wonderful (Either elbows or Knees)

Striking D: Useless

Priority training: Striking D, Takedown D, Def Grap, Punches, physicals

GnP Build (Very useful at high Wrestling levels)

Wres: Wonderful

GnP: Wonderful

Takedowns: Wonderful

Priority training: Def Grap, Striking D, Submissions, Punches/Kicks, physicals

BJJ Build

Wres: Useless

BJJ: Wonderful

Submissions: Wonderful

Def Grap: Wonderful

Priority Training: Takedowns, Striking D, GnP, Punches/Kicks, physicals

I hope these couple of builds help someone out there.

If I could comment on your MT build:

I personally like to dump Wonderful into Striking Defense not Elbows. Being an MT fighter with wonderful clinch, you pretty much can control if it goes into the clinch and if you want to be out of the clinch. Elbows or knees are something you can develop over time. Striking defense on the other hand is an absolute necessary--a right away skill that needs immediate attention.

I personally like to dump Wonderful into Striking Defense not Elbows. Being an MT fighter with wonderful clinch, you pretty much can control if it goes into the clinch and if you want to be out of the clinch. Elbows or knees are something you can develop over time. Striking defense on the other hand is an absolute necessary--a right away skill that needs immediate attention.

That is how i used to do it to until i found out how much training Striking D improves ones Boxing primary, So once you have trained both Striking D and Punches your Boxing primary is at about Strong-Superb depending on how fast of a learner your fighter is. But without training Striking D your Boxing may only be at Competent to Respectable

That is how i used to do it to until i found out how much training Striking D improves ones Boxing primary, So once you have trained both Striking D and Punches your Boxing primary is at about Strong-Superb depending on how fast of a learner your fighter is. But without training Striking D your Boxing may only be at Competent to Respectable

Pretty much. Striking defense from useless-wonderful should plant you around respectable-proficient boxing or so.

To the OP: Looks pretty good, though you're forgetting the excess 12 points you'll have after choosing your wonderfuls. I'd put them in TDD for builds with abysmal wrestling (or TDs for the BJJ build) and kicks for those with abysmal MT.

why do you take Wonderful condition if it trains like 10 times faster than other psychical attributes ?

It comes down to opinion but ever since cardio training was slowed down a lot of people think you are wasting his best years when his learning speed is at it's best if you spend half of your first year just doing cardio training.

why do you take Wonderful condition if it trains like 10 times faster than other psychical attributes ?

Just a matter of preference. I know I like to start with wonderful conditioning and then do a bunch of ct's.

On the MT build I would propably take Wonderful punches or Def.Grap instead of Clinchwork. While Clinchwork is the most expensive skill to train, for me it seems like the most useful skill to train due to it's secondary effects (Trains Box,MT,Wrestling, elbows, knees at least). This is if we're talking about long term projects ofcourse.

the more focused training you do the physicals do gain from coach training -- its just a preference thing -- example of a fighter here

Agility Respectable(1)++

Flexibility Competent(0)++

Speed Wonderful(1)-

Strength Proficient(0)+

Conditioning Wonderful(0)--

Balance Respectable(0)++

this guy has done only 10 ct's -- no other physical training at all -- granted yes i am working his ct's now but he got decent gains off training secondaries / primaries which to some are more important at earlier age -- i have no clue as too im only testing and playing around so as stated its just a preference

edited: for the heck of it i will show the fighter http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=93022 he was built at 18 -- i think he is 27 or 28 wks not sure

edited again: also just to note i started him with superb conditioning and remarkable speed all else was 1 point

If you run your own private gym, one thing I've found useful with training projects is never put any creation points into skills that can be trained by a single elite coach, ie. kicks, takedowns, takedown d, elbows, knees etc. i find it much easier/cheaper per fighter to train those things up with a single elite coach that doesn't seem to get used as much as my double/triples. I generally tailor my starting builds to suit coach availability. Just my two cents anyway!

nice thread

the only thing that i found suprising is you mention the MT build as your favourite , i suppose current game trends suits this build

but you gave your fighter nothing in flexability ? i have found this the slowest physical to train up and its essential for a MT fighter who kicks.

also how long would you train these builds before thy fight?

i would assume around 22 years old

I have fighters who have done over 100 CT sessions small class sizes , and all physicals exept flexability are above wonderfull ,

i havnt tried yoga since the game changes so i dont know how effective it is on fleaxability

anyone have any info on this please

nice thread

the only thing that i found suprising is you mention the MT build as your favourite , i suppose current game trends suits this build

but you gave your fighter nothing in flexability ? i have found this the slowest physical to train up and its essential for a MT fighter who kicks.

also how long would you train these builds before thy fight?

i would assume around 22 years old

I have fighters who have done over 100 CT sessions small class sizes , and all physicals exept flexability are above wonderfull ,

i havnt tried yoga since the game changes so i dont know how effective it is on fleaxability

anyone have any info on this please

Yoga is insane. If you dont have any money to make a project and have to use a cheap 25 dollar gym then you should think about doing yoga, one of my fast learners popped to strong in about 2 weeks.

Also if you train your secondaries first you get a pretty good boost in your physicals so instead of having to start with useless everything and train CT from the begining you can train your secondaries and start CT from about competent or higher.

I didnt mention what to put your hiddens at because it is all personal preferance. I normally go with the big three KO power, Big Heart, and Granite Chin but that is because i am very patient and dont mind if i have a slow learner

All of these builds are thought to be for a project in a public gym right? If, not I don't see how this would be helpful to the more experienced managers in this game...

I own (soon to close) my own private gym and I started my builds with remarkable/wonderful in only the skills that I didn't have coaches for :) That way you could train up your secondaries quick in the beginning, focusing on defensive skills most of the time...

But as I said, this is really helpful for new managers in public gyms. The only thing I could say about it is to remember class-sizes when joining a gym with your project (really important!).

When it comes to physicals, I'm of the idea that wonderful speed and the rest put on conditioning is the way to go. This is because it's fairly easy to gain physicals from secondary training (as someone stated previously in this thread) in the beginning. And if you start with strong conditioning only a few sessions need to be put on cardio... if any.

And not only does physicals gain during secondary training but also primaries, which is quite handy! My most promising project atm is Parker and he has only done secondary skill training since his birth and so far both physicals and primaries look "ok".. still needs work, but he's only 19 so I'm ok with it..

Hopefully I've shed some light on this, but I believe I might just have confused myself here so my hopes for having tought anyone anything is quite low...

/Robert

well in all fairness it is a team sport of sort since themselves/their friends are usually alliance mates

Yeah I never said it was wrong. Just that its the way it is. I do it too, as do my alliance. Im glad someone doesnt mind sharing what a bunch of us already know. It will help people stay around and compete.

If you think back PSUMikes noob guide was brilliant and it helped people out in a big way. Its very easy to make sucky fighters and even easier to waste money in failed projects.

Yeah I never said it was wrong. Just that its the way it is. I do it too, as do my alliance. Im glad someone doesnt mind sharing what a bunch of us already know. It will help people stay around and compete.

If you think back PSUMikes noob guide was brilliant and it helped people out in a big way. Its very easy to make sucky fighters and even easier to waste money in failed projects.

very true but then you always have some that tend to pick at someones ideas or style so that is probably more reason some dont share or post what they do or have done -- i dont really care heck i will post skills also and have shared skill levels before to some managers

since its been raised

you can go on about fight builds , whats good and whats not , but remember the game has a random factor in it ,

i have a fighter thats 12-2 and a slow learner , but he wins fights ???? his secondaries take an age to train im talking 100 sessions of strike def to get to wonderfull

, he hasnt got much else realy and i havnt ducked fights with this fighter , he just gets the job done against far better opponents.

i think theres a hidden thats like NATURAL fighter , but they always seem to be slow learners.

I tend to build guys without striking defense cause I know how important it is and I wont fight without it. So It forces me to build something real high and gives me anotherr wonderful. I pretty much build guys backwards anyway. If he starts with BJJ, then he gets no sub o or d.I would give him punches, clinch, and str d or td d.

PS I would recommend to always giving clinch because its hard to find a good clinch coach in a regular gym and they are so expensive in private gyms.

• 5 weeks later...

One Thing is certain, I wouldn't be throwing 110 points into conditioning and rest strength for any build, that's dumb

More like 110 agility and rest speed to begin, get that cardio to superb in a cheap gym, then hit the cts untill at superb++, by then my fighter has sensational agility and wonderful speed