MMA Hype -- with Brett and Jared

listerman

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/MMA%20Hype/MMA-Hype_zps77ee8eb1.jpg

Welcome to the official thread of MMA Hype! What is MMA Hype you say? Here's a little bit of background information:

MMA Hype started as a news/interview broadcast with the LFC fight org (Listerman Fighting Circuit in Montreal). The main goal of MMA Hype is to share information all around the MMA Tycoon world with anyone interested in reading about stuff. It will mostly be interview with fighters or managers at the beginning, but it may grow into something more, if of course, the interest is there.

Brett Clarke (far left in the picture)

Brett is a retired MMA fighter. You probably never heard of him, since he never made it to the big leagues, but he would have been one hell of a fighter if he wouldn't be made of porcelain. His many injuries forced him to retire, so he decided to put his knowledge of the sport to good use, he joined the MMA Hype forces right away.

Jared Asante (you guess it, second from the left in the picture)

Avid and wise MMA commentator, Jared has been hired by MMA Hype for his knowledge of the sport. He's been a MMA commentator with a few amateur organizations in the past, and it was clear he had to be moved to the big leagues!

Any manager that would like to have an interview for one of his fighter is welcome to send me a request (private message please), and I will take care of it.

Fighter interviews are a good way to promote a fight and start some smack talk. :yes:

• Upvote 4

Interview with manager James Listerman

Tonight, on MMA Hype, our host Jared Asante sat down with former fight organization owner, James Listerman. We received a lot of questions via Twitter from people all around the world who had questions for Listerman, so here is Jared with a few of those questions.

Jared: Welcome to all MMA fans around the world. This is your host, Jared Asante for MMA Hype!

I’m sitting here today with former owner of the fight organization, Listerman Fighting Circuit, and current manager of a few rising stars, James Listerman.

Hi James, glad to have you with us here today.

James: Glad to be here Jared.

Jared: First of all, like I told you before the interview, we had a lot of questions for you, from fans all over the world via our Twitter feed, and there’s a question who seems to boil in everybody’s head: Why the sudden drop out from the LFC? It was doing really good, so what happened there?

James: Easy. I had to choose between the LFC and the fighters I manage. I didn't have the time to focus on both at the same time, so my heart went towards my fighters. I wish I could have kept doing both, but I’m no god. I really had to choose because it was driving me crazy.

Jared: Makes a lot of sense. I’m sure everyone understands. I mean, it’s no easy job running a fight organization, I've been there.

Another question that generated a lot of interest from the fans: What is the main reason for a gym in Amsterdam? You were located in Montreal, where you had a good run, but then moved to a gym in Amsterdam?

James: To be honest, I juggled for a while with this. My main goal was to find the perfect location where my fighters would be to most comfortable and cut down on travelling. Amsterdam is the best city to start up, and there’s a shit load of fight organizations who are doing great all around. I’m not only talking about Amsterdam, but also St Petersburg, Helsinki and London. Since it’s pretty much all next to one another, I chose this area.

Jared: Man, Amsterdam is a long way from Montreal, must have been tough to adjust?

James: I still have a few of my pupils outside of Amsterdam at the moment, but most of them were thrilled with the idea of moving over there.

Jared: I hear you still live in Montreal?

James: I do. I didn't make the move yet, just don’t want to move while my kids are in the middle of their school year, so I travel back and forth for now. I’m over there around 4 days a week usually, but I have to admit that I can’t wait to make the final transition.

Jared: Another fan question if you don’t mind: Can you name 3 fight organizations in Amsterdam that you would recommend to fighters around the area?

James: I’m not too familiar with all of them, but there’s 2 in Amsterdam that I really like and my fighters seem to enjoy it. There’s WarZone, which is a fight org with a really big pool of rookie fighters, so this is the best place to start as a young warrior. The other one in Amsterdam would be Dark Soul Combat. They've been around for quite a while, and they have a really good range of different type of fighters in there. They started hosting events in North America, so it gives an opportunity for fighters over there to fight for them.

I’m going to gamble the third fight org that I have to name, and I’ll say Murderers Row in Helsinki. It’s still brand new, but from what I saw, it has the potential of becoming something big and awesome, so I've been following their events. I have one fighter signed with them, and I plan of negotiating contracts for my upcoming stars there too.

Jared: Well, that’s all the time we had today. Thanks a lot for being with us, and good luck with everything!

James: My pleasure.

If you liked this edition of MMA Hype, you can vote the post up.

Also, if you would like an interview with one of your fighter, or yourself as a manager, send me a message and we can work something out. As long as we can make something interesting out of it!

• Upvote 6

Very interesting. A good read for sure. I also like the format you used as it is more interesting than a standard paragraph.

Best of luck on the gym and Im glad to have Takano with us at MFN.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/products/1262984184Rocky%20top.jpg

Interview with MMA star, “Notorious” Elvis Frost

Tonight on MMA Hype, Elvis Frost dropped by our studio and had a quick chat with our host, Brett Clarke. Elvis won his first title fight at the age of 25, and believe it or not, never lost a championship fight. He’s currently the LFNC champion of 2 divisions (LHW and HW), and is looking to become the Light Heavyweight fighter of the year, in the EVO tournament.

Elvis Frost has been generating a lot of interest all around the Tycoon community lately, so I hope you guys will enjoy the short time we had with him.

Here is the uncensored interview.

Brett Clarke: Thanks for being here today, hope all is well with you.

First question, have you given more thoughts about where you would sign after the EVO tournament, or is this still work in progress?

Elvis Frost: I don't worry bout all the blather. Right now I am under contract with EVO.

Brett: Are you confident of your next fight against Doppo Orochi? I mean, this fight should be a really entertaining slugfest!

Elvis: I'm always confident lad, and I always appreciate a good ole fashion slugfest!

Brett: You have 2 losses on your record, and the first one, against Xiomar Halo, is yet to be avenged. Do you feel like you should avenge that fight, knowing he’s still an active fighter, or have you moved past this loss?

Elvis: Cop on! I will in me ring back down from no man, especially no queer hawk. He got jammy that one. Of course I want bloody revenge, losing to that wanker was a puck. You seen the big ole man knockers on that fella? Bigger than me Ma's. When I lost to Halo I lived in the boozer with brassers round me arms. None of them Mary Hick gals either, manky scangers and scrubbers. I was suckin' diesel on the Convicted Fighter Show and was plastered come fight time. I was really piss up from the night before. My diet consisted of the fry, black stuff, booze, ganja, and bags of taytos. I was walkin about at 260. Some of the worse shap of me life. Don't think I aint try to get that Halo wanker back in the cage with me, he won't fight me now. He and his manager are gutless cowards. He wouldn't last a minute in the cage with me nowadays. When you end up with a big ole lardass like Halo on top of ye in mount there aint much you can do. I got caught, happens to the best of us. I would love nothin more to fight him again and avenge that loss but I accept that Plonker know what is what and what is best, and he best scatter away from me or POW! Right to the kisser.

Brett: You did lose a lot of weight, and it made a huge difference in the cage, since you now fight at 205. How was the transition of weight classes, and did you have to change some bad habits to stay at that weight?

Elvis: Hell yes did I ever. It was no easy task but when you have a guy like Fidel Puno kickin your arse from sun-up til sun-down it don't take long to get your ass in shape.

Brett: It’s no secret to anyone, you had really bad habits in your early years, before MMA, with all the drinking and partying. Are you still doing all of this, or did MMA straighten you towards a better path?

Elvis: You talking about the night I lost my Y-Fronts? I had a lot of shenanagans going on back then. Not easy balancing out the american hand-egg ball and the college life. Boozed up during the week, eating mushies, and I was just twistin' hay. You gotta be wide in the big city. I was just a fluthered up bouzzie back in college acting a gurrier. Convicted Fight Club has got me on the straight and arrow. For the most part... (devilish grin)

Brett: You’ve been with the Convicted crew ever since you joined MMA. What’s it like to be part of them, and do you think you’d be the fighter you are today without them?

Elvis: I train with the best in the world. I think without em I'd just be some other head the ball that was hammered like me ole man.

If you liked this edition of MMA Hype, you can vote the post up.

Also, if you would like an interview with one of your fighter, or yourself as a manager, send me a message and we can work something out. As long as we can make something interesting out of it!

• Upvote 7

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13766034634014.png

Interview with Scotty Bennet

Tonight on MMA Hype, Brett Clarke travelled to New York and headed directly to the gym The Cooker, where he met with Ascension’s Light Heavyweight tournament participant, Scotty Bennet.

Scotty Bennet is a MMA superstar, holding a record of 21-0, with 18 of those wins by (T)KO. He walks around at 208lbs, usually wearing a tuxedo with a “Bow-Tie”.

-- -- --

Brett Clarke: I’m here today, at The Cooker, with Scotty Bennet, a guy I like to call “the next big thing” in MMA.

Hello Scotty, I get you just finished an intense workout, I won’t take up much of your time.

Scotty Bennet: No worries Brett, I'm honored to have you here at the Cooker.

Brett: I’ve been following the Ascension tournament, and noticed you right away. What are your thoughts about that tournament, and what made you join exactly?

Scotty: The competition first of all. I want to be the best, so I have to fight the best. A lot of people may say I'm not ready for this level, I want to prove them wrong. Where else in the tycoonverse can I get a chance to fight two legends like Yamada and Sackett back to back. I get hurt a lot Brett, it's not going to be a long career so I had to get started on the elite level as soon as possible.

Brett: I know most fighters don’t like to talk about anything past their next fight, but let’s give it a shot.

Once the tournament over, what are your plans? Will it depend on the outcome of the tournament? Are you planning to stick around Ascension?

Scotty: I really don't have any plans at this point. More than likely I will just go out and test the FA market and look for the best deal with the org that can offer me fights against the best fighters. I won't have many fights to show that I am the best, so I need to make them all count.

Brett: Round 1 of the tournament went really well for you, a close decision win against an experienced fighter. Were you surprised about the decision?

Scotty: I wasn't surprised that we went to a decision. Kane is a legend and is known for his beard, the guy has only been stopped once in his entire career. I got off to a slow start in the first round, maybe it was a case of nerves. When i went to the corner after round 1, JLP encouraged me to pick up the pace and let my hands go. I really started to assert myself in the second round and took the fight over.

Brett: Next round of the tournament is November 27th, and you’re facing another experienced fighter, Yance Sackett, a fight that most MMA fans agree to say it’s evenly matched. Is the training going as expected and do you have anything to say about your opponent?

Scotty: Yeah, Sackett is a legend. The guy has a great record and did a lot of damage in Ascensions LHW division over the last few years. He's easily the best fighter I have ever gone up against and has seen it all in the cage. I really have my work cut out for me to advance to the semi-finals.

Brett: Well, I said I wouldn’t take too much of your time, I see you’re still catching your breath. Do you have anything else to add, anything that you would like to say to all your fans out there?

Scotty: Keep watching me bang baby.

Brett: Thanks a lot for your time, really appreciate this, it was a pleasure meeting you.

Hope you liked this edition of MMA Hype!

If you would like an interview with one of your fighter, or yourself as a manager, send me a message and we can work something out. As long as we can make something interesting out of it!

• Upvote 4

Well, MMA Hype went a step further with fighter interviews and put up together a Press Conference!

Jared Asante was in Los Angeles, where MMA Hype was hosting Ascension's tournament quarterfinals Press Conference.

Have a look at the results right here:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38381&p=486388

• Upvote 1

Well, MMA Hype went a step further with fighter interviews and put up together a Press Conference!

Jared Asante was in Los Angeles, where MMA Hype was hosting Ascension's tournament quarterfinals Press Conference.

Have a look at the results right here:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38381&p=486388

This was excellent

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1360138617asclogo2h.pnghttp://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/MMA%20Hype/MMA-Hype_zps77ee8eb1.jpg

MMA Hype signs undisclosed deal with Ascension to host org’s future Press Conferences

That’s right tycooners, MMA Hype has been in negotiation with Ascension in the past days, and they finally came to terms a few hours ago.

MMA Hype recently bought a studio in Los Angeles, where they hosted Ascension’s LHW tournament’s Press Conference, on Monday night. Rumors started to flow around that a possible partnership was to be made between them, but nothing really came concrete about it.

Earlier today, James Listerman, MMA Hype’s CEO, addressed the medias about Ascension’s offer. “They (Ascension) gave us the opportunity to host a press conference and we were glad to do it. I sat down with Luan (Ascension’s CEO) and we discussed about a possible partnership between us. That’s all I can say for now”.

Listerman confirmed later on Twitter that the deal was done, and that MMA Hype was officially in charge of the future press conferences of Ascension’s events.

The MMA Hype team wanted to let the fans know that they will keep doing what they currently do, this means that the fighter interviews will still happen, and nothing will change. Brett and Jared will always be there for you all, you can count on them!

• Upvote 8

Niiice, love it!!! As official fanboy, vintage mascot, design slave and merch partner of Ascension ^^, hit me up if you want to add some features or prizes to the show... but no prob if you want to stick to your brand(s) there. Really looking forward to all upcoming stuff, this is just what the game and foum needs in general (http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35337).

• Upvote 3

Niiice, love it!!! As official fanboy, vintage mascot, design slave and merch partner of Ascension ^^, hit me up if you want to add some features or prizes to the show... but no prob if you want to stick to your brand(s) there. Really looking forward to all upcoming stuff, this is just what the game and foum needs in general (http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35337).

Exactly the game needed this and we are all reaping the benefits of it, keep it up man