Women's division

Wolf

Unless... we get more free fighter slots! :yes:

I think someone said give us one slot like the island... a few of us who make avatars said that we would help make them, but someone always shoots it down. I just suggest that there is some type of variation or difference in female fighters to make it worthwhile, like a different skill cap or knockout power or something to give managers a different experience with using them so it isnt just flavor text

• Upvote 2

Add the division, let us BUY a few more fighter slots, everyone's happy. WMMA is popular and seems to be growing in popularity. I know I'd have several WMMA fighters on my roster if I could.

• Upvote 3

There is one problem to the solution of divisions being too shallow: Limit orgs to 6 weight divisions. The majority would drop their 135 and 265+ divisions. The few orgs that keep those weight classes would then have more fighters to deepen their ranks.

We would be able to add 125 lbs and women's divisions as well since only a small number of orgs would use one of their division slots on these new divisions. They few who did would have all the depth.

There is one problem to the solution of divisions being too shallow: Limit orgs to 6 weight divisions. The majority would drop their 135 and 265+ divisions. The few orgs that keep those weight classes would then have more fighters to deepen their ranks.

We would be able to add 125 lbs and women's divisions as well since only a small number of orgs would use one of their division slots on these new divisions. They few who did would have all the depth.

I think if we were to launch this, it'd probably take forever but it'd have to be for an island season first as a test subject, that way everyone would create one due to having a free slot, but there would still have to be some variation from females to males beside just flavor text, maybe a lower physical max or lower skill max so that fighters would be more diverse and it would be a difference in using them. A change bigger than flavor text is what would draw people into using them and staying with it

I personally have next to no desire for a women's division. I wouldn't create a fighter for it unless there was some really cool wrinkle to it that I needed to try, so I guess your point is true for me. I'd be more likely to create a 125er than a woman fighter if it was all the same.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think if their was a women's division it shouldn't be for VIP's only.

Maybe they could try it (if mike had the time) as a variation to men, in terms of skill cap, learning ability or something along those lines to make it different. I get why people wouldn't feel they'd use it, but it would be their for the equal amount of people who did.

I personally can't stand 265+, If it was my game I wouldn't have bothered to create it because to me it's a freak division that's a waste and those fighters in their could have been used on other divisions for more competition (such as 135) but I don't go around trying to dictate everybody who creates a 265+ fighter - I don't understand why those who don't like the idea of a women division feel they have the right to try do that to "us" (by us I mean those who would like a women division even if just for text flavour and variation).

Then again, some of the names popping up in here are the same ones that don't think women should be in the UFC or at least as prominent as they are in it.

I think if their was a women's division it shouldn't be for VIP's only.

Maybe they could try it (if mike had the time) as a variation to men, in terms of skill cap, learning ability or something along those lines to make it different. I get why people wouldn't feel they'd use it, but it would be their for the equal amount of people who did.

I personally can't stand 265+, If it was my game I wouldn't have bothered to create it because to me it's a freak division that's a waste and those fighters in their could have been used on other divisions for more competition (such as 135) but I don't go around trying to dictate everybody who creates a 265+ fighter - I don't understand why those who don't like the idea of a women division feel they have the right to try do that to "us" (by us I mean those who would like a women division even if just for text flavour and variation).

Then again, some of the names popping up in here are the same ones that don't think women should be in the UFC or at least as prominent as they are in it.

If the would be an extra slot and something new to it I would use it. But right now, it would be just flavour text and no real point of it, it would consume your fighter slot which could be used wiser.

If the would be an extra slot and something new to it I would use it. But right now, it would be just flavour text and no real point of it, it would consume your fighter slot which could be used wiser.

Could always use it (initially) for players who have signed up within a set amount of time - so a beginners division. maybe 3 months or only been member since 2014?

Its a nice idea...more womans will play this game.

You think so? How many women play ANY online games, let alone sports-themed ones? Even if adding women fighters grabbed 100% of the female market for a game like this (which it wouldn't), that would be like 6 people.

There is absolutely nothing that Mike could do that would develop a strong female presence here. He could add custom handbag avatars and the ability for fighters to get married and raise children and women still wouldn't play it because women simply don't play games of this style.

I can't read Mike's mind, but I'm sure he is more focused on developing features aimed at customers that he actually has a shot of getting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a few others said, I don't particularly care for it unless there's something pretty special about it, which I don't really see happening. (Plus we'd have to weed out and judge countless "sexy" avatar requests and such. Maybe if there we some women that played this game it would be more appealing and plausible. But I don't think so.

Not really against it, just don't see it being different enough to make it interesting.

I'm undecided when it comes to this topic. I think women should have a place in MMA and so in MMA related games, period. They shouldn't be an aftertought. The problem is implementing it into mmatycoon, in an intelligent way. Maybe start of slowly, with a one big, "NPC" operated org, per city that people can sign up to. This way it wouldn't hurt the already existing orgs by forcing people to split up fighters between the two genders...?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would just add another division just like the ones we have know, and would it really matter, I mean fighters are fighters. But, it would be cool to have different genders and see how it plays out. But, in the long run it would be a waste of time.