Your Own Fighters In Your Own Org

• 2 weeks later...

I think it should be frowned upon for any reason other than filling out a card or if they want to test a young fighter against an alliance mates or buddies fighter. I generally try to avoid orgs where the org owner has a champion there or alliancemates have the majority of titles. There is just too much of a grey area to be manipulated while not overtly cheating. I think it's just better to not be a part of orgs like that.

When I am in an org and get offered the owners fighters I generally accept but after that contracts up I'm gone.

• Upvote 1

It is true that there are dishonest org owners who start an org as a vanity project for their own fighters, but more often than not, I think it is simply an experienced vs inexperienced thing. When I first started an org, I had three of my own fighters in the org who were among the best fighters in the org. I was paranoid about going bankrupt and losing my VIP, so I wanted every fighter I could get my hands on. I think that my org was run completely fairly and I got 99% positive feedback from the members.

I'm now thinking about starting an org again and I definitely won't use my own fighters again (except for one-off speciality fights, and never for a title). I have the experience and the money to not need them. However, I'll give the benefit of the doubt (but perhaps examine things a little closer) when I see an org owner's fighters in an org.

Back when I started Reach (ProudFC at the time) I had a few of my fighters in it. I followed the pretend like they're not your fighters when doing my matchmaking and actually gave them, arguably, harder fights than others just so I wouldn't be accused of cherry picking. As was also stated once my roster filled out I slowly released them as I do think it isn't the best idea to have your own fighters in your promotion once it's a little more established.

Looking at the name of that org being linked here I can't say I'm surprised there's fishiness involved.

• Upvote 1

nah, i think i am too useless. I usually forget to train or change their clothes, let alone sit to bother with sliders

I'm getting that way as well now. Signed up for a creation tournament with 3 weeks training and have missed about 6 sessions so far, gonna get my ass kicked I reckon! Always forget to set training now, I do a "clear all" on Sunday then run out of time so just set my Monday am sessions then forget to go back to it and it gets to Thursday and I'm wondering why all my guys are at 100% energy!

Talking about the O.P.

Ive never had my own fighters in an org while ive been a part of the org. I had a guy in Troid before and when he left, I became a member of the staff there. My personal opinion is that your own fighters are good at the start for short term boosts, but after a few events, I would stop using them if your rosters started growing. People get annoyed seeing other peoples fighters in the orgs and think that they could be given an unfair match up against one of them.

I don't see an issue with it. I've been in several orgs where the owners signed their own fighters and they've all been good orgs. I've won something like 80% of my fights against K Rad's fighters and I think almost all were in his org.

If it's obvious that the owner has the best fighters and is just trying to pad his record, I'd avoid it, but other than that it's fine.

Since this thread began, I have stopped fighting my fighters in my own org aside from the ones in creation tournaments.... My fighter is 5-4 in my org and has been fighting opponents better than him and was never going to get a title shot, but i dont want good managers avoiding my org because they see a name on my roster that belongs to me. But, i dont really see how competing in your own creation tourney could be unfair... many people do it. I am just against people using their fighters for title bouts and fight fixing

It just depends how that org is ran. I think I run mine as fair as I can but I did sign one of my guys to test his hiddens. But clearly some orgs do it to pad their fighters against cans. I was going to sign to an org but the 185lb champ was his guy and I was told I'm too good to be in that org

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but I came across it and wanted to make sure I wasn't messing up.

I bought an Org about 2 weeks ago with a decent number of fighters for starting up, but many were inactive so I started cleaning house. I did give 3 of my new creation fighters contracts in my lesser populated divisions 2 fight contracts just to help me get by in the beginning. I keep an updated ranking list after each event, and my fighters are not even close to being in contention for the belt.

Now I didn't see a problem with this until reading this and now I'm a bit worried. I never even thought about the ability to cheat, and I don't want anyone to think that's even a possibility, so I will be removing my fighters after their contracts expire to ensure this doesn't happen.

I guess my question is... should I just remove them now and not let their contracts play out? Of the three I put in, one hasn't fought yet (he was made for the tourney from Mike) and the other 2 each have 1 fight left. I have not been accused of cheating as I've only used my guys to fill fights at the last second, but if this is something that is still so frowned upon, I sure as heck don't want to get a bad rep.

• Upvote 2

I know this is an old topic, but I came across it and wanted to make sure I wasn't messing up.

I bought an Org about 2 weeks ago with a decent number of fighters for starting up, but many were inactive so I started cleaning house. I did give 3 of my new creation fighters contracts in my lesser populated divisions 2 fight contracts just to help me get by in the beginning. I keep an updated ranking list after each event, and my fighters are not even close to being in contention for the belt.

Now I didn't see a problem with this until reading this and now I'm a bit worried. I never even thought about the ability to cheat, and I don't want anyone to think that's even a possibility, so I will be removing my fighters after their contracts expire to ensure this doesn't happen.

I guess my question is... should I just remove them now and not let their contracts play out? Of the three I put in, one hasn't fought yet (he was made for the tourney from Mike) and the other 2 each have 1 fight left. I have not been accused of cheating as I've only used my guys to fill fights at the last second, but if this is something that is still so frowned upon, I sure as heck don't want to get a bad rep.

Just don't offer yourself unfair match-ups and everything will be fine lad

• Upvote 1

I do the same thing mate so I wouldn't sweat it. It's almost a necessity especially in ID restricted orgs when it starts to get harder to sign talent within the ID range.

Generally my guys are there to face hard to match fighters (0-0 fighters who have no hype but have been training in their private gyms for a million years) and fighters that haven't had a fight in a while and no other potential match ups. 9 times out of 10 these are instant losses so not a great plan if you are concerned with becoming #1 manager in the game or picking up good free agents.

I've moved fighters out of my orgs if they get too good and I want to use them without fear of what you are describing but I've also given them title fights too. It really comes down to whether you think you are experienced enough to know what a fair fight is. You can never please everyone anyway but if you err on the side of caution you'll be fine.

Best of luck with your org!

• Upvote 3