Times have changed!?

Ok,. I started the game and fell in love . I made a roster of "newbie" builds, because I was trying to get more interaction with the game. I racked up a "less than desireable" record. Once I learned a couple of things about fighter builds , I slowly cut out the fighters that I didnt get lucky with in my initial "careless, skill-less frolic of joy". They have been replaced with what I have learned I can now imagine/understand the pains that you "older dogs" have gone through. I wont be going away anytime soon, but I will make a conscious effort to trim the fat to keep my roster from having to be repaired or rebuilt all at once. "Quitting and coming back to an empty roster" , would be BRUTAL. SO, in 5 years, if my record is 300/1200 That would be why :yes:

Tonight I visited the forumn (rare, unless I need to learn something) and was inspired by the discussion. Thx for the good reading.

• Upvote 1

I love this discussion. As a guy who's played this game for a year or so, the pace is so frustrating to say the least. It takes way too long to build up fighters and sometimes ever longer to finlgure out that fighter you've just spent six months on is a bust. I've wanted to say fuck it several times, especially with 16 yr olds who turn out to be garbage. I just wish Mike would speed this game up!

I love this discussion. As a guy who's played this game for a year or so, the pace is so frustrating to say the least. It takes way too long to build up fighters and sometimes ever longer to finlgure out that fighter you've just spent six months on is a bust. I've wanted to say fuck it several times, especially with 16 yr olds who turn out to be garbage. I just wish Mike would speed this game up!

I agree, I've left the game and come back twice now, i keep blaming it on the slow pace to build fighters to compete. When if im honest i dont put enough effort in to the sliders and thats what really gets me.

• Upvote 2

Personally I dont mind the time,...I am old and work at a different pace now, lol.

I think of it as: Anything that is worth getting skilled with, is worth a lot of time learning and practicing it.

Imagine if a samurai sword of the highest quality could be mass produced, they would not be so awe inspiring. imho

I think the game's pace is fine as it is, and I'd hope that if Mike were to change it, that the change would be nominal.

My best advice for people wanting to redo their rosters: pay closer attention to your fighters and get rid of the bums a few at a time. It beats the hell out of forcing the issue and having to mass sack an entire stable of mediocre overachievers.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 3 years later...

not asking for change, or anything, just pointing out the reality of mmatycoon and it's game-type.

the game is sooo slow. fights don't happen for weeks. it takes months, sometimes years, to come close to maxing out fighters. that's not gonna attract as much activity. faster game, faster fighter rollover, faster fighter progression, will equal more users. Just takes way too long for a new user to get established in this game. Takes way too long for a new user to come off the street and get a fighter in a top 10 org. It takes way too long for old managers to return and get their new batch of fighters ready to compete. This game has a very small window as far as potential customer base goes.

How many people play UFC / MMA video games when they come out? How many still consistently play a year or two later? Fighters are lasting 4 - 5 IRL years. Donny Donowitz has been around for 6 years, since 2010. He has 78 fights. People have pets that don't live as long as that. Fighters MAX lifespan should be 2-3 IRL years. They should be able to fight every two weeks, no problem. In that two weeks a fighter should be able to make a significant improvement during training (this has to apply to public gym guys as well, who virtually make zero progress in comparison).

In the example above, if Donny fought every two weeks since he was created, he'd have 144 fights by now... he should of been able to knock out those 78 fights in half the amount of time that it took him.

I would make max, 60 days = to 1 in game year. If fighter fights every two weeks, he can fight 4 times in game year. That should be the standard. If people go EPL style and fight every week, they're fighting 8 times an in game year.

idk, just my two cents.

I strongly agree for the most part... But there remains the fact that almost no fighter should ever have 70 fights in his mma career lol people who fight mma more than 4-5 times a year, usually take fights against low level talent, at the highest level some fighters only fight 2-3 times a year. In this game every week is a month and every 12 weeks your fighter ages therefore I believe it is the perfect pace of fights per (in game) year. I usually get 3-5 fights per (in game) year. That is 100% legitimate and how it should be. I don't see what the problem is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I strongly agree for the most part... But there remains the fact that almost no fighter should ever have 70 fights in his mma career lol people who fight mma more than 4-5 times a year, usually take fights against low level talent, at the highest level some fighters only fight 2-3 times a year. In this game every week is a month and every 12 weeks your fighter ages therefore I believe it is the perfect pace of fights per (in game) year. I usually get 3-5 fights per (in game) year. That is 100% legitimate and how it should be. I don't see what the problem is.

Why are you comparing real life MMA with a game? So a fighter in game is suppose to have 3-5 fights per year? I think it should be at least 18 fights per year. It also takes about 1 1/2 years to reach your peak, that is way too long. The easiest and obvious solution for the peaking, is to either add 1 more session per day (with faster recovery). Maybe the extra slot can be a gym upgrade or something.

Why are you comparing real life MMA with a game? So a fighter in game is suppose to have 3-5 fights per year? I think it should be at least 18 fights per year. It also takes about 1 1/2 years to reach your peak, that is way too long. The easiest and obvious solution for the peaking, is to either add 1 more session per day (with faster recovery). Maybe the extra slot can be a gym upgrade or something.

Or just increase training speed... doesn't have to be a significant difference, but if we could cut 10-20 sessions off a skill to reach elite it'd help.

Or just increase training speed... doesn't have to be a significant difference, but if we could cut 10-20 sessions off a skill to reach elite it'd help.

Or we could remove the training spill over effect from Primary sparring, but increase the effect of sparring and secondary training. Another good option is to totally remove de-popping from fighters who are below 80% of their peak. In fact, i would do both of those, the first thing matters because skills get lost in places you do not want to and the second simply wastes time in training.

Or we could remove the training spill over effect from Primary sparring, but increase the effect of sparring and secondary training. Another good option is to totally remove de-popping from fighters who are below 80% of their peak. In fact, i would do both of those, the first thing matters because skills get lost in places you do not want to and the second simply wastes time in training.

How will this work? Won't this make it possible for a 60-70 year old KT/Grappler to have maxed secondaries for the respected style?

How will this work? Won't this make it possible for a 60-70 year old KT/Grappler to have maxed secondaries for the respected style?

Age drop off should counter that. Not that I agree with his proposal directly, but the jist of it is workable. Fighters below a certain age and/or total skill points don't decline.

I strongly disagree with removing spill over effect of sparring though. If you spar wrestling or BJJ or whatever you're gonna pick up the "secondaries".

I'd be happy with the below:

Remove depops from all fighters (before age drop off) under 2k skill points

Increase training speed (by at least 0.25%)

Yeah this would probably work well. Don't want things moving too fast otherwise it'd just be a constant churn of fighters that no one knows or has any attachment to.

The game is an MMA game and peaked fighters have over 2600 points, so they will be maxed out in KT / Grappling anyway (if that was the goal). The age thing will not be a factor because de-poping will deal with that.