Ariel Helwani

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/739325375923269633

Ariel has been banned for file from UFC events because he leaked the Nate vs Conor fight at UFC 202 and Brock Lesnar coming back at UFC 200.

What you think about move like this from UFC? Ariel is the best MMA journalist by a mile. He has put up some of the best interviews shows and so for the MMA. The is no other media source I follow than him and MMAFighting. For me this is pretty sad because now I will not be able to watch his great interviews and other media stuff he does with the UFC but hopefully he will not quit his job and keep on reporting about MMA and UFC with out going to actual events or have some sort of a deal that allows him to get back to the UFC.

• Upvote 3

If he was awkward why would Diaz sit down with him for an hour? It's amazing someone who is so well liked (even Rampage has come around) is trashed so regularly by the UFC. I can only think it has a lot to do with being unable to control him like they do with all the Fox meatheads.

• Upvote 2

Dana has always had a dislike for Ariel, always. Dana is being a bully which is no surprise.

I like Helwani, he is awkward but his podcast is pretty solid as well.

How does he get this info before ANYONE else in the public does?

Well is clear as day he is getting it from the fighter camps. Some one who is from Brocks camp leaked the information and Ariel reported on in.

Oh hell no, that ain't gonna happen. It's much easier to trash Ariel and boot him forever then to actually find out from the camps who passed him the information, that would require work. Of course I'm gonna laugh my ass off the next time he is NOT at an UFC event and outscoops everyone... again.

• Upvote 1

Extremely unprofessional. Ariel is the best in the business and for the UFC/Zuffa to discipline/ban him for doing his job is just ridiculous.

I watch the MMA Hour and MMA Beat every week and always look forward to his preview show and fighter interviews during fight week. He can be awkward at times and get under people's skin, but he has a passion for the sport and is basically the voice of the fans.

This will definitely have a negative impact on the MMA community unless the ban is lifted.

• Upvote 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Helwani a correspondant for FOX and Fox Sports for the UFC events??? Something tells me the network will strong arm Helwani back in to UFC events.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Helwani a correspondant for FOX and Fox Sports for the UFC events??? Something tells me the network will strong arm Helwani back in to UFC events.

Helwani got fired from that role under pressure from the UFC a few months back.

I think it was related to Helwani talking about other promotions to UFC fighters during interviews or something to that effect.

• Upvote 1

Yes I will also boycott UFC 200 and not buy the PPV.

People around here actually give UFC money?

• Upvote 3

I'm always amused by people who boycott the UFC after things like this.

I'm sure there's plenty of fighters who appreciate losing out on that PPV points cash in support of an MMA icon like Ariel.

The fighters who are making PPV points money aren't the guys who are in desperate need of it to survive. I haven't paid for a single UFC PPV event, mainly cos there are some quality streams out there, this whole situation just backs up the shit image the UFC has when it comes to things like this.

• Upvote 2

I got a choice of where to spend my money, but when you are going to fuck the journalists who cover the sport why should I give them the money? They are coming to Atlanta for a PPV, 201... why should I spend what will probably be a minimum 75 or 100 bucks (ticket+parking+ticket masturbator charges) when they so obviously get shit wrong?

FYI if you bother to watch the entire thing you'll see this shit goes back for YEARS and lots of flip flopping from the UFC, pretty fuckin disappointing.

• Upvote 3

From what I have been seeing in the last hour, The UFC has lifted Ariel's ban.

• Upvote 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLNsbQ6gv7U

Lots to watch... but he was told Lorenzo wanted him out at Fox, which happened. Tough to watch, and makes me question watching the UFC.

One thing jumped out at me while watching that. I had to look for more information on it. http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ariel-helwani/report-ariel-helwani-reveals-that-things-previously-got-physical-with-the-ufc/

• Upvote 2