The MMA General Live

Scooby

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13887359184285.jpg

Come and join the set at The MMA General Live where we will unleash big news worldwide!

Big, Emotional news from your favorite guy!

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/8133805422/1-6.png

UPDATE

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/8133805422/Capture-20.png

• Upvote 2

The MMA General Live has finally been launched and what better time to launch MMATycoon’s favorite TV show than in preparation for the Olympic Light heavyweight semifinals taking place at Ascension in Los Angeles. Im Zongtang Tso with my first ever show broadcasted from the island worldwide.

The event’s Prelims are never a shabby bunch and even better this time as many fighters have a lot to prove during their quest to the Main card.

Jack Dempsey (10-3) vs Sam Hart (26-17) will begin our event tomorrow night in intriguing fashion . Dempsey, known for his KO power has fell short of victories in both of his fights since joining Ascension and will look back to his Feral Combat days to stop Sam Hart. Hart is a known black-belt Jiu Jitsu artist that will desire to get this fight to the ground where he can throw ground and pound while mixing in submissions. At 34 Hart’s experience in the cage may play a major part in this fight, if he can avoid the fleet fisted Dempsey, then he might be able to add another victory to his career.

Johnny Keidis (25-11) vs Danny Tatum (30-17) has an odd story to it especially since Keidis was released from Mattos Fight Team and recently joined Damien Washington while preparing for this fight. It will be interesting to see how that change will affect this fight. Tatum, 38 is the definition of what people call a one trick pony, but that one trick is more of a stallion. His Red belt causes hell for everyone who steps into the cage with him. Keidis, under new management should be able to keep the fight standing long enough to out-strike his opponent and wear him down enough to get the decision in my opinion, but weirder things have happened.

Robert De Noteboom (26-15) vs Taz Rutten (28-10) Noteboom, at 32 years of age has been fortunate to dish out 13 KO’s while only taking one. He also has had a very successful career thus far. Noteboom doesn’t really spend too much time on his feet dancing around like a stripper looking for tips, he gets the fight to the ground and looks to mount or get into side control to turn his foes into mashed potatoes. Taz Rutten, on the other hand will make a mess out of someone’s face while standing up. De Noteboom is not a one trick pony or a type of guy who can’t survive standing up, likewise Taz is pretty effective on the ground, but I think Taz has just enough skill to turn a nice head kick or hook to call it a night. Watch out guys, this fight can be an award winner.

John Bonham (15-5) vs Calogero Anello (25-15-2) looks like it will be another exciting fight between evenly matched foes who will not likely take the fight to the ground. Both fighters have always upheld their striking throughout their careers but the distinct difference between the two is that Bonham is more of a grappler and clincher who will wear his opponents down and win rounds to victories while Anello is more of a deadly distance striker sniping his opponents into unconsciousness like a Recon fan playing Battlefield online. This fight is almost better set for a kickboxing ring Tyrone Spong style, this fight will be exciting but I don’t foresee a knockout coming in this one.

Chris Webster (37-17-1) vs Tigran Badoyan (17-4) Shows the turning point between two fighters, as Chris has dominated his entire heavyweight career spending extensive time in TTFC, Oni and Gamma. He has always landed the big shots to end opponent’s nights early as he has logged 27 Knockout victories in his lifetime. Tigran is equally lethal as he has scored 13 KO’s in his 17 victories. While both fighters are phenomenal stand-up fighters, Tigran can get the fight to the ground and unleash vicious knees and hammerfists so The chicken General will have to lean a bit towards Badoyan winning this fight.

Sten Biller (46-35) vs Rafael Santa Cruz (16-9) gives us one of the most active fighters of Tycoon-Time stepping into the cage once more at 38 years of age. Not quite as funny as Ben Stiller, Sten has gotten the job done on some days and has had the job done unto him for quite a few days as well, despite entering the octagon 81 times, he has only been knocked out 4 times. I don’t see another knockout coming in this fight either since Santa Cruz is a fighter that wins fights on points as well. Do not get me wrong, this will not be a boring fight, but it has decision written all over it. Santa Cruz seems to have a slight advantage going into the event tomorrow.

For the main card fights we have,

Marcus Avery (12-2) vs Caiaphas Caine (27-15-1) Is the first fight of this event that I would put money on. Unfortunately for Avery, his 12 wins and 5 fight win streak doesn’t phase me one bit. I think Caine will be the man of the hour after this fight with another submission victory. Caine has made his opponents submit more than a prostitute with an eviction notice on her door. He will flat out lock in submissions with ease. Avery’s only hope is to chip away at Caine’s gas tank until Caine tires out. He is coming in with a whopping 27lb weight cut, but the fact that he cut that weight itself shows that he is in good shape. We will see what the future brings, but I will stick with my first thought.

The 145lb title will be held on the line from the champion Jameson Connemara (17-1) will take on Moe Lester (40-19-2). This fight could be a main event on its own but Scott Davies has blessed us with a wonderful card of action to watch all in one night. Jameson, dominator of 17 fights in a row has shown that he is undoubtedly capable of winning almost every fight he participates in by his kickboxing abilities. He has not looked vulnerable many times in the cage so far and the only reason he took a loss to Roman Kersikov was due to the takedowns he allowed in each round. Moe Lester is a known rapist, clinch rapist that is and he has found himself excellent in his craft. This fight with Connemara will be no different as he will try his best to shrink the distance between the two fighters and land enough damaging shots to swing this fight into his favor. Moe Lester no doubt has quite the resume but he would be delighted to add Connemara’s head to his mantle. This isn’t just your average title bout, fight fans in my mind should expect excitement round for round line for line in this pbp and im just not sure that the molester will be frisky enough to take this fight on the cards.

The Co-main event of the evening will be Tyrone Biggums (46-15-2) vs Jensen Saint (39-19). Biggums, at 42 years of age will represent Ascension in the LHW semifinals but don’t let the age fool you, this old man can still swing it. Tyrone is a fighter that survives on the ground with solid grown and pound to slowly open up his opponents until his foes crack and he slaps on a crab claw guillotine to end the night. Biggums, if you can recall that long ago, started his illustrious career at 22 years of age winning his first 7 fights by submission. In a round-about way he hasn’t changed. Jensen Saint on the other hand, started his off 1-2 and turned it around to an amazing career while becoming one of the most holy people on the planet. One short of Christ himself, he has managed to put his opponents on their backs and drop slicing elbows and vicious knees to the body from side control on his way to victory sprinkling in a few submissions throughout his lineage. The holy man still holds a wealthy advantage in his grappling and Jiu Jitsu skills over most opponents and his story is no different here. I expect this fight to end in a finish, and although Zongtang would be going against his gut instinct and one of his tactical mentors in Clark Kent, I think Jensen Saint will reach the big four-oh tomorrow and I don’t mean in age.

For your Main event of the evening, the whole reason why we are here, Devin Styles (24-8) will meet Sony Corleone (36-8) for 5 rounds of fully adulterated warfare. I must admit, I have never watched Devin Styles live but I have been fully impressed by his replays. Styles was on a two fight losing streak before joining the Olympics representing Sychronicity and was able to get Tommy Hartola to walk straight into an earthquake of a right hand that effectively turned all competitiveness into unconsciousness granting him a trip into the second round. With wins over Scotty Bennett, AJ Hearts and Kyle Carlton, an Olympic medal would be all he needed to make himself feel on top of the world. He will go into this fight with Sonny Corleone hoping that he can land the big shot to end the fight like he did last round but I don’t see that one coming so easily. Sonny Corleone does NOT lose easily. Every type of action that inflicts damage on an opponent from the stand-up is in this guy’s repertoire and he doesn’t hold back at all. While I expect this fight to stay standing by all means, I just don’t think that the knockout of Tommy Hartola and the power of Devin Styles is enough to defeat Sonny Corleone. In my opinion, Corleone will be competing for a medal in 3 weeks.

Thank you all for joining our Olympic coverage here in our first edition of The MMA General Live, hope you all enjoy (and set this event in your spoilers) Good night and To ALL ENJOY!

Zongtang Tso Is back here after my 10th consecutive Island victory bringing you The MMA General Live covering BEEF's 145lb Showdown update after a word from our affiliates.

The Chicken General represents Rear Naked Choke Nutrition, home of the newest 160Q Reduce Energy Loss supplement on the planet. As Real as 160Q gets this shit makes you bigger and the women take notice!

BEEF has only 2 organization debuts in this upcoming event and one has been thrusted into the spotlight early.

Brian Fantana (11-0) vs Sammer Bammer (8-1)

Mattias Nilson (1-0) vs Nathan Nickles (1-0)

The boxing Mattias Nilson will make his debut fighting at 185lbs in BEEF where he has tons to prove to his manager and the organization. Mattias is, as mentioned a boxing machine who went to the QFC to test his skills out against Kory Reeves before jumping to BEEF to take on serious competition. Unfortunately for him, the only thing he got to test out with Reeves was how his hand felt after smashing it against someone's cranium. A 42 second knockout of Reeves is the only thing that he left for Nathan Nickles to consider going into this fight. Nickles made his debut just less than a month ago by stopping Sterling Archer by decision and would like to keep that positive feeling going with a win here. This fight will certainly be a KT showdown and im unsure which fighter has the edge.

Fight to Watch For:

Aleksandar Kamenov (5-4) vs Artie DeVanzo (5-2) has all the makings of an instant classic. Kamenov was absent for about half a year after his first contract with BEEF came to a close and during that time he promised BEEF fans and manager Scooby Jr himself that he would be a new man when he came back. He returned with quite the impressive haircut and a dash of attractive women grouped around him but he still left the arena on a stretcher at the hands of Opie River. He now wants to regain what he lost this time against Artie DeVanzo. Artie began his MMA career at 16 years of age and avenged his loss to Guil Ty as soon as possible, after massive trashtalk, leading Guil Ty down a slippery slope of mediocrity before calling quits on his career like a pussy. Artie will without a doubt look to get Kamenov on the ground and I think if he can keep it there he will be in smooth sailing, but if Kamenov makes this fight a dance for a little too long, his one strike punching power can leave Artie being carried out the same way AK was a short while ago.

25YO build division competition:

Being a 25YO build on the island, this division always runs emotions deep to my soul. We have a fight taking place in this division and they will not be or the barn burner type, full of excitement. Herbert Burns (1-2) seems to have a slight advantage over Bryer McGuire (2-1) on the ground but that wont be the case if he doesnt get it there quick. Also, my beloved heavyweight division provides two guys trying toetch out the beginning of their career, but Mike Dawson (5-1) promised me he would be all over Rudy Pu's (4-1) candy ass in a non homosexual way. Im not really sure that is even possible.

CO Main Event:

Nils Holgersson (6-3) vs Tom Quin (6-2) II is set to take over Montreal by storm after the first fight between the two got really testy leading up to the event with Quin's reverberated trash talk causing tempers to flare at the weigh-in where Quin landed a low blow as Holgersson dropped his towel on the scale. Holgersson got the best of that exchange as he took Quin to the ground and nearly instantly forced Quin to relinquish his male dominance in less than 3 minutes. After the rematch was booked BEEF fans quickly noticed that Quin had not spoken an ounce of trashtalk leading up to this event, he wasnt even in the same room during weigh ins and refused a staredown. We have to wonder if his seriousness will cause a different result in this rivalry. We will find out tonight.

Main Event:

Brian Fantana (11-0) vs Sammer Bammer (8-1) is going to be on and popping as it has the sort of feel that Tj Dillashaw and Renan Barao had leading up to the fight. We all expected Barao to dominate and win by KO before reaching the championship rounds. In this fight, it seems as if its Brian Fantana's fight to lose, but with a few bad dice rolls, he could possibly end up on his back with The Canadian Bammer looking to sink in a submission to end the night. All Bammer has seen so far is his opponent tapping out. Aside from the one solid shot he landed to rock Nils Holgersson's world, he has folded up his foes more than the origami towels you find in your room when you are on a cruise ship. If you didnt know about Fantana, he will make sure you know who he is now. He doesnt really play around in the standup, he just sets up his takedown and grinds people down with ground and pound until they cant take anymore. This Sex Panther doesnt do a good job hiding what he does behind closed doors, and he is even worse when he is under the spotlight, a very highly hyped fight that will be a spectacle to see.

Thank you all for joining me General Tso on The MMA General Live, Rear Naked Choke Nutrition in London and BEEF in Montreal, be safe and TO ALL ENJOY!

• Upvote 1

Welcome back to The MMA General Live where we will have three two esteemed guests, friends of mine who I would like to have comment on a matter that we have seen turn ugly many times here in the Tycoon community. Scheduled fights and Can Crushing. As my opening statement, I would like to say, there are many organizations that thrive on hype from Can Crushing and fight fixing especially reigning over new users. I do not condone that type of behavior but I likewise do not want to have the desire to make this conversation become “name the shame.”

My suggestion is a simple thought that may not be the best, but what do you guys think about using the same setup that we have for BJJ skills for all primaries. When you see an opponent with a purple belt, they can be a 7(Respectable) to a 11(Remarkable) but the opponent really doesn’t know just how good his opponent really is in that area. If we could implement this setup with all primaries using a scale as such (for example)

1 to 3++ Beginner

4 to 7++ Intermediate

8 to 11++ Advanced

12 to 14+ Superior

14++ or ^ Elite

So that people will be forced to do a better job scouting to see just how good their opponent is, and will be less likely to reject a close fight because the skills will seem closer than they currently are.

My visitors on the set today will talk about

· Their gripes or satisfaction about the way fights are booked currently

· Critique my idea about less disclosure on skills to opponents

· Giving us all their proposition to a better way to book fights

Heres Johnny Lee Paris’s take on the action

My biggest gripe is that org owners mainly look at hype+pop to make matches. I'd prefer a matchmaker uses hype and recent results as the only two factors really involved. It's ridiculous when you see a fighter coming off two loses being offered a fighter with two wins or more in a row. Usually its a lazy matchmaker looking at their org screen and just matching the two names closest to another. I know pop is important to an orgs ratings, but it doesn't really mean dick to a manager and I think org owners should take that into account.

Hype+pop matchmaking is what gives us the constant rematches that you see at the top of orgs. It's often you see a guy lose a title fight, then get another win then be offered a title shot again simply because he has the highest hype+pop. That fighter could very well be the 2nd best fighter in the division, but having him get constant rematches with the champ is very boring for the champ and the rest of the division.

If org owners matched winners with winners the hype and pop would eventually even out. It's lazy matchmaking when a guy gets a title shot only having one or two wins in a row. When I see shit like that, I tend to not re-sign with an org. The best way for matchmakers to book fights is to have winners fight winners and losers fight losers. This way you are constantly grooming a legit challenger and it also cuts out a lot of the favoritism you see from some matchmakers who give undeserving fighters a title shot just to suck up to the manager.

I also wish org owners would respect and notice the "need fight" check box. Mike put it in the game for a reason. It's the simplest tool in the game. It lets an org owner know whether or not a fighter is ready to fight. At this point I don't even respond to fights offered when I dont have "needs fight" checked.

Thanks for that insight JLP, booking without POP may make life completely easier… We also have Furious Styles aka YellaDragon to speak on the same issue… go ahead bud.

Furious: Thank you for having me here with these esteemed gentlemen, it's a pleasure. Personally I think Can Crushing is a terrible practice. Not only does it not allow a manager to truly know his fighter because his fighter is not tested, but it is very easy to amass an impressive record against weaker competition. However, many Can Crushing fighters end up being rage sacked because once they do step into battle against an opponent of equal or maybe greater skill and they happen to lose, then they may find out their fighter's confidence is that of a socially awkward boy enduring puberty while attempting to build muster the bravery to approach an attractive girl at school.

After pondering your proposal for rating primaries using the same approach that is currently used to determine BJJ ratings, I think it would be very helpful for all involved. Scouting is obviously a major portion of this game, for those who care to take the time to do so of course, and being able to scout as accurately as possible can only assist in the fight plan for a particular fighter / opponent.

Thus far the method used to book fights in BEEF has been very satisfactory as each fight has been a challenge. Personally I think the entire point of creating a fighter is for said fighter to be challenged, and in turn this challenges the manager to adopt to the opponent and put more thought into the approach to the fight. I'm on the fence about less disclosure of skills to opponents but perhaps this can be addressed by each individual manager. If a manager opts to use Beginning Mode, maybe a few more skills can be revealed to them, but in doing so, perhaps they should not receive quite as much hype from winning a fight. For managers who use Advanced Mode, they won't see as many skills but will receive my hype for winning.

Lastly, perhaps when booking a fight, each manager is required to invest a certain amount of money into the match winning prize money, and if a manager rejects the fight without a solid reason, the portion of the prize money that was paid is given entirely to the fighter who accepted the fight. Naturally this will be up to the discretion of the organization's owner(s), but it's an idea nonetheless.

Thanks for your answers as well Furious, We were going to have Castor/Superman on as well but he got into a wreck and couldn’t make it.

http://www.atbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Crash-Test-Dummies.jpg

We would love to hear your comments on the matter and thanks for watching The MMA General Live, TO ALL ENJOY!

Edit: fixed - JLP

• Upvote 4

Thanks for that insight JLP, booking without hype may make life completely easier… We also have Furious Styles aka YellaDragon to speak on the same issue… go ahead bud.

without pop is my argument. Hype and recent results are what I think should be the two biggest factors in matchmaking.

As an ex org owner of some little org a few years back ;) i'd like to add my 2c. I tend to agree with JLP and tried to book my fights matching wins with wins and losses with losses + hype. Then you gotta factor skill in and those awesome blank fight declines and you sometimes have to shuffle around and maybe book a loser with a winner.

When i used to book i tried to go off hype then the "star" skill (org owners will know what i'm talking about) . Sometimes the skill level betweens the top ranked guys are too huge so you have to shuffle there.

Towards the end i was a bit guilty of the 1-2 win and title rematch type booking but that was more due to a lack of roster depth and (you guessed it) fight declines.

BUt hey, that's all behind me now. In a perfect world where everyone accepts every fight offer you can book the perfect cards! :)

• Upvote 1

James McGuiness (237725)

http://i.imgur.com/ZO0pabq.png?1?6333

Hey General, how ya going, laddie? You seem to be doing pretty well for yourself.

Looks like the season for The Island is almost over. Ya think you could talk to the bosses about setting something up for me? I'll throw in a case of Sully's Home Brew!

• Upvote 1

The MMA General Live: Olympic Interview

http://farhadpanahi.com/images/FadedRings.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13923237766630.jpg vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13945165273961.png

Tso: Welcome all fight fans, today we have more from the Tycoon Olympics as Devin Styles and Jensen Saint are on set to talk about their championship match and a few other things on their hearts. Thank you both for joining us.

I see you two are sitting pretty far apart, is there any animosity between you two guys?

Jensen: Thanks for having me here in your wonderful fake studio, Zongtang. The place looks almost classy. Nice beard you got there. Animosity? Well... he is a heathen to be disposed of but other than that we're cool in my book! And that's a holy book.

Devin: Here's the deal chief, I wouldn't call it animosity, I'd call it more of a... "I don't want to sit next to the guy I'm about to break in my way towards that olympic gold." And I can't say I blame him for keeping the distance... I'd be scared of me if I wasn't me either.... *Death stare in Jensen's direction*

Tso: Well aside from being called a heathen, which styles doesn’t really seem to have an issue with, you guys seem to have a very professional way at going about this fight…. How focused are you guys on this match, is there anything else going on in your lives or on your minds currently? Aside from training and strategizing because I don’t want you two to give away your gameplans, what are you guys doing to prepare for this match with so much bragging rights on the line?

Devin: I'll admit, yes, this fight is on my mind, cause it won't be a quick walk through match. But my mind is really on the above and beyond right now. I want to secure that gold so when I walk back into Syn's gates I can put a target right on Light Diode for putting that cheap blemish on my record.

Tso: I wonder if Diode is thinking about you or watching this fight

Jensen: I'm in the Zen Mode right now. I have listened to the Catholic Channel so much I'm about to puke but my mind is clear. Let's be honest, Devil ...erm, I mean Devin is gonna punch me in the face. Generally, that's not good for your health. So I've been watching a lot of DVD's... Bollocks. Didn't have any time as I was at the radio when I wasn't training. Anyway, he's a tough man to defeat, just look at the people he's knocked out, some good heathens there. I have multiple game plans to choose from but I may change it on the fly if I need to. I'll just leave it all in the cage and hope it is enough.

Tso: In one word, describe how you felt walking to the cage before your MMA debut

Jensen: Oh jesus, that was a loooong time ago. I remember I was fighting another newbie back then, he came to the fight straight out of prison where he apparently had mauled people for exercise. Needless to say I choked the fucker out. So in one word, I felt blessed.

Tso: “Fucker?” Damn I think I saw your halo move, what about you Devin?

Devin: Deserving.... When I walked into that right for the first time in INY 3, I knew it would be the start to a long, super hyped career.... Look at me now....

Tso: Lastly, what will you do to celebrate your Olympic victory and becoming arguably the best Light-Heavyweight in the world?

Devin: I'm going head hunting.... First for Diode's undefeated record and my belt (assuming he doesn't choke in his fight on the 5th). Followed by whoever is holding that 185 belt when I'm finished...

Tso: Devin, you seem pretty fierce right now, Im going to ask the audience if they noticed Jensen's halo shift a bit after Styles hardcore comments.

Jensen: Should you witness the miracle happen in front of your eyes and I win, I'm gonna praise the shit out of my God cause he really really really cares about my MMA career. *Adjusts his halo* After that I don't really know, haven't thought about it too much. I've got the money, I've got the ladies. I've had 60 fights by then and I'm old as hell, I could retire as an Olympic winner... But who knows really. Let's see if The Holy Man prevails.

Tso: This sounds like the run up to a big event set for a lot of action. Thank both of you for all of your time and I am glad that you decided to spend some time on my set.

As I say goodbye to a fun and rather short MMA career spanning the whole two years on the island. Firstly I want to thank my opponents, Every one of you pushed me in my training and kept me on my toes because I knew if I trained for 2-3 weeks on the wrong skills, I was done. Next, I want to thank IFF and Michael Knight for inducting me into the HOF at IFF as well as making sure I was financially covered for my exciting performances every time out. Lastly I want to thank my buddies, James McGuinness, Willy Fistur and Stepan Razin all motivated me every step of the way while getting me inebriated and munching on my chicken wings to supreme satisfaction day in and out on the island.

When I first arrived, I felt like I was in prison. Being on the island felt like Alcatraz but thankfully with my friends, beer and chicken, I was able to cope and nearly reach nirvana. I never really was much of a fighter but I have always been a leader so when I was told to fight my way off the island it was an uncommon ground for me. Every time I entered the cage, whether I won in 53 seconds like I did Kin Olplitzik or I went 25 minutes like my crazy battle with Bawkup Hucknee I ALWAYS broke my hand. These recurring INJURIES kept me out from 6-16 days after every event. All of my foes knew that my skin was paper thin because every punch I took, which wasn’t many obviously CUT me and I do not enjoy losing blood. If you’ve seen my fights you know that I survive by the clinch so cutting is not essential to my style. I was never a CONFIDENT fighter so at times if the gym owner didn’t replace the equipment fast enough I would nearly commit suicide due to depression and when I took a cagefight IQ test I got every question wrong including spelling my name, so in general, all I really had on my side was the uncanny ability to knock people out with either hand, or both Elbows if you’re Stepan.

All these variables among the understanding that most offers for me to join organizations are for me to get my hype stolen by some flaming red 19 year old who hasn’t stepped into the cage yet with 3 times the skills that I have thus far. So Now, undefeated and retiring at #1 on the island with 46k + in earnings in a short 6 months, I challenge all of Scooby Jr’s future fighters who go through an island season to do better, as well as everyone elses.

Thank you all for supporting me, and opposing me as now I will fully divulge into my new career after MMA.

• Upvote 1

The big weekend is finally here, a cumulative 5000 seats are available for fight fans all over canada to show up to BEEF's Saturday/Sunday double-header for our mid-year party. Im newly retired Zongtang Tso bringing the best up to date MMA news to your door. As BEEF surges forward we will have many huge fights and BEEF debuts to show for, Buckle your seatbelts because this wild ride is about to take off.

Our Friday night event blessed us with Taishi Mori's submission of the night by clinching up with Upcoming star Dale McCann, taking him down and locking in a deep triangle putting McCann to sleep on the canvas early in the fight. Dickie Felterbrush went Ronda Rousey on his opponent Bubba Jones rushing him and scoring a nice takedown before landing relentless ground and pound from side control until the referee had to jump in and stop the fight before his life was taken. Deion Barnes stole the spotlight of the night by stopping the returning Sterling Slater in his tracks with a dominant third round knockout showing that he is very well over his loss to Rocky McColgan.

Speaking of the Heavyweight champ, Cocky Rocky will get an opportunity to prove to Lucas Bane that his dominance in their first bout wasnt a fluke. Bane has since become a much more improved striker so this fight might seem to be the kickboxing fight of a lifetime. Rocky has dominated every second of his career and has finished all but two of his first nine fights. A bit of concern for Bane is that Rocky holds a brown belt and has shown that he can win a fight by submission so if McColgan ever feels like Bane's newfound prowess has become just a little too much to handle, he can always take it to the ground to his advantage. This is a fight you DONT want to miss.

Gator Bait and Kule Den will shake it up for the first time both attempting to end their winless streak which stands at a combined 0-5-1 in the last 6 fights. Bait will certainly look to get the fight to the ground and take advantage of his Jiu Jitsu while Kule Den will look to keep the fight standing and show his striking capabilities off in hopes that it might keep him in control of this bout on his way to a decision victory. General Lee will have his shot at redemption against Stan Smith who is attempting to bounce back from his back to back disappointing outings against Gary Gravity, the only opponent who blemished his record. Raphael Adamson will take on Mark Cherry in a battle of the undefeated's who both need this fight to get their hype at a level where more foes will be willing to step into the cage against their skills, the loser just might end up with a very tough task in finding opponents in the near future.

The main event of the entire weekend is BEEF's superfight between Joe Risley and Tang Lung, welterweight and middleweight champions perspectively. Joe has recently taken The Canadian Hero's title in convincing fashion as the last of his 7 fight win streak leading up to this fight. Risley has not backed down from anyone who offered a challenge thus making him one of the most lethal and respected fighters in the organization. Tang Lung slowly payed his dues and became champion by defeating Archie Archer and hasnt looked back as he holds his own 6 fight win streak. Both fighters are excellent in their craft so while joe shows slightly better standup skills, Lung has become much better of a ground fighter so this fight will be the classic style based on where the battle takes place. Get your shortlists set because this weekend will make history at BEEF.

Thank you for all joining us and TO ALL ENJOY

• 1 month later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13887359184285.jpg

Here comes the dawn of a new island season, after my ex manager Scooby Jr suddenly left the BEEF management position we all became in fear but not for long as he has promised to produce a new mission for me, Sully and a few others to tackle…. The revival of KT

What is KT? The kickboxing game, although the vast majority of players in this tycoon world live and die by Jiu Jitsu, there are plenty of John Hess’s of the world. Qing Kong and Antonio Laborina Lim nod their heads of excellence over the world as top standup fighters of the world. KT is where rules don’t allow any takedowns or ground strikes and an 8 count rule, just stand and bang, like the videos you watch at 3 am in your closest timezone.

What is the reason KT isn’t more prevalent in the Tycoon world? Is it because of the contracts and pay? Is it the short rounds and overall a short amount of time to win a fight? Or is it exposure? Scooby Jr has set out to change that.

Everyone should have by now heard that PRIDE KT will have 2x10min rounds giving fighters the optimum opportunity to show their prowess while having a Lion like cardio to survive. Title fights will tack on yet another round so if you want it, you must earn it, every time you step into the cage. Yes, I did say CAGE, so we will do away with the KT/Muay Thai in a ring business that is the norm, if you are pinned up against the cage, you will not get a reset, I pray you have the clinchwork to get out of that bad spot.

Gentlemen we have reached the point of no return… the dawn of a new age… the revival of KT

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/image_blank.gif

Mystery Island KT Fighter

Well, what a coincidence that the first day of The Island Season 3 just happens to start on the day of my 18th birthday.

Although i am only 17 years of age at the moment i have been advised by my manager not to reveal my identity until the day we all arrive on The Island. Will anyone know who i am? I doubt it. I have yet to fight professionally and will be going into The Island along with other rookies looking to make a name for themselves. But come the end of the season you will all know my name.

I have already verbally agreed to fight for PRIDE KT so signing the contract is only a formality once we arrive onto this Island. I look forward to hopefully making a name for myself as i fight for PRIDE. Who will be the first person to get knocked out by me?

Oh yeah, as i mentioned earlier the first day of arriving on The Island also happens to be my 18th birthday. To celebrate, i will crack open an icy cold SULLY'S HB lager to celebrate before i get into training. See you there...

• 2 months later...

Back from my struggle to gain dual citizenship and other hardships of being a General, i am back and i have a strong discussion that i would like to bring to all MMA/KT fans worldwide....

As you know, my former manager and best friend ScoobyAli runs PRIDE KT on the island, while he is trying to expand the kickboxing tycoon world, he is limited to sending his fighters to other orgs, essentially helping them more than his own rather than working on fighters to compete in his own hype train. This discussion, simply put... is based on Fighting in your own org... i would like to hear what everyone thinks about this subject, experiences or plain old pros and cons of this type of behavior.

Speak your minds ladies and gents

My only problem is that you could instantly have your fighter training in the best gyms possible since you can send your own fighter whatever contract amount you wanted. So that could be an unfair advantage since your org is on the Island and all the other fighters (other than ones who's managers own a company and can sponsor their own fighters) have to fight to earn enough money to be able to train at a top gym . But if you were willing to give your own fighters equal contracts to everyone else then I'd say sure why not..

My only problem is that you could instantly have your fighter training in the best gyms possible since you can send your own fighter whatever contract amount you wanted. So that could be an unfair advantage since your org is on the Island and all the other fighters (other than ones who's managers own a company and can sponsor their own fighters) have to fight to earn enough money to be able to train at a top gym . But if you were willing to give your own fighters equal contracts to everyone else then I'd say sure why not..

Well thats why i have an MMA fighter instead of KT on the island,i got a good sponsor, but my question is mainly for non-island situations

Back from my struggle to gain dual citizenship and other hardships of being a General, i am back and i have a strong discussion that i would like to bring to all MMA/KT fans worldwide....

As you know, my former manager and best friend ScoobyAli runs PRIDE KT on the island, while he is trying to expand the kickboxing tycoon world, he is limited to sending his fighters to other orgs, essentially helping them more than his own rather than working on fighters to compete in his own hype train. This discussion, simply put... is based on Fighting in your own org... i would like to hear what everyone thinks about this subject, experiences or plain old pros and cons of this type of behavior.

Speak your minds ladies and gents

i think you should be able to do what you want, i thought that was the point of an island company to give your island fighters a better shot, why else would you make less money to open a company in the islands knowing that you have to close it later, there is a fighter in the kickboxing tourny right now that is sponsored by his own manager because he owns the clothing company on the islands, and i know that is more of an advantage then the guy who built his fighter a day earlier then he was supposed too but still i cant help but feel the guy who built is fighter early is wrong because he didnt follow the rules and didnt have to build a company on the islands while the other fighter did follow the rules and built his company on the islands

The other potential concern I could see would be "cherry picking" matches for your own fighter. Selecting opponents who are more favorable to an owners skills in a matchup and padding hype that way. Maybe a middle ground would be limiting your own fighters to one or two per Org and capping contracts at percentage of the max contract an Org has already?

I definitely wont sign with an org if I see the owners fighter as a champion. Even having a bunch of alliance mates as champ raises a red flag to me. It's just to easy to manipulate and the game in that way. I'd just move on to an org that looks a little more on the level.

As long as the fights are fair I don't see a problem with it. But if it were my ORG I would avoid doing it because we all know it don't take much to get peoples attention on here so anyone doing anything shady would get found out soon. To me that would be the biggest problem with having your own fighter in your ORG. First time someone don't get the title shot they think they earned then all of a sudden you are cheating. Even if it turns out to be BS someone will believe it.