The New Players Guide to Effective Fighter Building

PSUMike

But come on...it had to be done. The guy who is telling people how to create fighters is the same guy who was illegally creating his. Just like LTD, aka The Multi-Hunter, being a multi himself. These things are just too funny to pass up.

That'd be like Jack Bauer working with the A-rabs to nuke NYC!

Well then I should be well educated on the topic ;)

But in all seriousness, the experimenting was done on my main account which is why I created so damn many fighters and released them when they started sucking. On my B, I released a 1-1 to make a fighter to go into a GP and I released him to create a project fighter. I only released 2 on that account. The experimenting was done on my main account. As for fight tactics, I don't experiment too much. Lord Rayden tought me 99% of what I know and I seldom deviate from it. Don't fix what's not broken.

This helped me quite a bit with my first fighters. Especially for the physical attributes. Never would have known that conditioning and strength were so easy to train up.

Although I went my own route giving my first guys similar attributes.

I went with

Boxing - 21

Muay Thai 1

Wrestling 64

BJJ - 64

Punches - 41

Kicks - 1

Standing elbows - 1

Knees - 1

Clinch work - 1

Striking defense - 64

Ground n pound - 64

Takedown off - 64

Takedown def - 64

Submissions - 64

Def grap / sub defense - 64

Agility - 64

Flexibility - 64

Speed - 11

Strength - 1

Conditioning - 10

Balance - 64

I plan on training up the strength and conditioning as suggested in this thread.

Then I plan to improve my punching/boxing skills to Competent/Respectable at least. Then give myself just a little (Feeble) MT, just clinchwork (incase I get caught up in a bad siutation) and kicks for low kicks to mix up a variation in my fights. Eventually I want to work on my wrestling and maybe BJJ \ down the road. Not to worried about the BJJ belt, as much as just sub defense.

My question is... what is harder to train up speed or flexibility? And which in your opinion is more important.

Wondering if this thread will help or hurt VIP purchasing?

There are a lot cheap skates out there who dont want to pay for VIP. I personally think VIP helps you become more successful. You have more fighters to experiment with and more tools for game planning. If youre already given the keys to successful fighter building, does it hamper your desire to get VIP?

The main advantage with VIP is that if you have a pretty good win-loss record, more fighters equals more wins, which means more manager hype. A VIP manager with 5 extra paid slots will be getting nearly 4 times the manager hype than someone who has not paid a cent and has a similar win-loss ratio. As far as manager ranking goes, it's pretty hard for a non-VIP to keep up.

Add to that the Scout screen and Tycoon Assistant and non-VIPs are at a pretty big disadvantage IMO.

The main advantage with VIP is that if you have a pretty good win-loss record, more fighters equals more wins, which means more manager hype. A VIP manager with 5 extra paid slots will be getting nearly 4 times the manager hype than someone who has not paid a cent and has a similar win-loss ratio. As far as manager ranking goes, it's pretty hard for a non-VIP to keep up.

Add to that the Scout screen and Tycoon Assistant and non-VIPs are at a pretty big disadvantage IMO.

Nah, the REAL advantage with VIP is the aforementioned Assistant and scout.

But come on...it had to be done. The guy who is telling people how to create fighters is the same guy who was illegally creating his. Just like LTD, aka The Multi-Hunter, being a multi himself. These things are just too funny to pass up.

That'd be like Jack Bauer working with the A-rabs to nuke NYC!

You defeat your own point, the fact hes made millions more fighters than you probably means he now knows what he is doing :)

In any case yeah dont let crap spill out into other good threads like this one.

how would you create a rampage jackson?

ridiculous takedown defense, wrestling, strength, good boxing and zero subs, def grappling...

I'm thinking about making a fighter with high striking def, high def grappling, good takedown defense, really good conditioning and strong chin/big heart. Just to see if he can outlast people consistently. But who would this guy be? Nate Marquardt prior to his going insane after the Anderson Silva fight is the closest I can come up with. Any takers?

Well then I should be well educated on the topic ;)

But in all seriousness, the experimenting was done on my main account which is why I created so damn many fighters and released them when they started sucking. On my B, I released a 1-1 to make a fighter to go into a GP and I released him to create a project fighter. I only released 2 on that account. The experimenting was done on my main account. As for fight tactics, I don't experiment too much. Lord Rayden tought me 99% of what I know and I seldom deviate from it. Don't fix what's not broken.

You don't have to explain yourself to me - you came clean - which is more than some people have. I actually think this was a decent post to help noobs, and well worth the jokes! ;)

You don't have to explain yourself to me - you came clean - which is more than some people have. I actually think this was a decent post to help noobs, and well worth the jokes! ;)

Thanks Matty. You are good people. Its the retards who follow me into every thread I post in to say something stupid thats irritating me. I didn't have to put almost an hour's worth of time in creating this to help people. I feel like I actually contributed something here which is more than I can say for the aforementioned retards.

ridiculous takedown defense, wrestling, strength, good boxing and zero subs, def grappling...

I'm thinking about making a fighter with high striking def, high def grappling, good takedown defense, really good conditioning and strong chin/big heart. Just to see if he can outlast people consistently. But who would this guy be? Nate Marquardt prior to his going insane after the Anderson Silva fight is the closest I can come up with. Any takers?

Honestly, its a losing battle because conditioning is more about training than fights. High conditioning means you can train a lot but it doesn't help you a hell of a lot in fights from my experience. I have seen a brown belt Maia type fighter come into a fight with around 20% energy pull off a sub against a Hughes with almost 100% energy. That part of the engine is a little flawed.

I'm starting to think that while Fast Learner might not affect Cardio and Strength training, I think age does... I put 3 new fighters onto Strength training yesterday, all in the same gym and all with the same muscle supps. They had slightly different energy levels and cardio levels, and this has how they have turned out.

Fighter one (18) - 75% energy, Respectable+ conditioning - after 3 weights sessions, from 1 str to Woeful--

Fighter two (22) - 77% energy, Respectable-- conditioning - after 3 weights sessions, from 1 str to Abysmal++

Fighter three (18) - 70% energy, Competent++ conditioning - after 3 weights sessions, from 1 str to Woeful--

I'm starting to think that while Fast Learner might not affect Cardio and Strength training, I think age does... I put 3 new fighters onto Strength training yesterday, all in the same gym and all with the same muscle supps. They had slightly different energy levels and cardio levels, and this has how they have turned out.

Fighter one (18) - 75% energy, Respectable+ conditioning - after 3 weights sessions, from 1 str to Woeful--

Fighter two (22) - 77% energy, Respectable-- conditioning - after 3 weights sessions, from 1 str to Abysmal++

Fighter three (18) - 70% energy, Competent++ conditioning - after 3 weights sessions, from 1 str to Woeful--

I have an 18 year old who's gone from Wonderful-- to Sensational+ Cardio, in 13 sessions (6 1/2 days), using a stamina supplement. So, I don't know how much I agree with your assessment.

You are correct, age does affect gaining physical stats. I've noticed this myself. 14 cardio sessions, 18 year olds go to remarkable, 22 year olds go to superb.

You are correct, age does affect gaining physical stats. I've noticed this myself. 14 cardio sessions, 18 year olds go to remarkable, 22 year olds go to superb.

Yeah I just noticed that myself this morning when I was getting the cardio up on a few new guys. Fast learning is for the technical abilities only by the looks of it. To be honest the way it is makes perfect sense.

I'd like to address an issue I saw raised in this thread, as I think this may be a time the perspective of a newb could help.

The question was something like "Why should newer players reap the benefits of older players' learning, and start with an advantage those older players didn't have when they began creating fighters".

This is simply the nature of games like this. Over time the science and level of precision become better and better. That's just how it works. This knowledge will always be passed down to newer players, I have never seen exceptions in a community like this. This cycle has benefits to the older players too. As time goes by and more and more is known by more and more people you will continue to find yourself challenged. If you only had to worry about beating older players you would have a much smaller community to compete against, and would become set in your ways. Older players can learn in this way just as much. As new strategies are pioneered and refined new elements are added to the game. Simply put there will be more interesting things going on for you, and you will become bored less quickly than you might because of this sharing of information.

Which leads me to the second question I noticed was raised. "Will this increase or decrease VIP buys, and thus revenue for the site?"

I say it will increase them! By having the requisite information to progress on the learning curve freely available here on the forum and in the Wiki I say there is less of a chance for a player who would genuinely be interested in the game to simply give up after a short time out of frustration. These new players, having learned from you older players will be better able to become competent and successful managers in their own right, and will naturally want more slots. As stated above this will give you, the older player, more competition and will increase the pool of active players who could potentially innovate new strategies.

My contention is that the community sharing info is a self feeding positive feedback loop of innovation and competitiveness.

Also, I wish this thread had been up when I first joined and screwed up a couple fighters. :-/

Thanks to you guys for helping newbs out on behalf of all newbs on here.

I have an 18 year old who's gone from Wonderful-- to Sensational+ Cardio, in 13 sessions (6 1/2 days), using a stamina supplement. So, I don't know how much I agree with your assessment.

Well assuming you started him at wonderful-- (not sure why you would do that), you gain less when you are higher skilled. In other words, its going to take longer to progress from strong to superb as opposed to useless to abysmal. If that were not the case, there would be a ton of fighters with ridiculously high stats.

My contention is that the community sharing info is a self feeding positive feedback loop of innovation and competitiveness.

Also, I wish this thread had been up when I first joined and screwed up a couple fighters. :-/

Thanks to you guys for helping newbs out on behalf of all newbs on here.

I wholeheartedly agree.

This game will be a success if it is fun first and foremost. If we (the older guys, I put myself there even though Im quite new) hoard all the info and dont update the wiki etc then new players will come in and get disheartened because they cant get a foothold anywhere. The gaming experience will be better for everyone if a good chunk of basic knowledge is shared out to everyone because we will retain a larger, more capable playerbase player base.

That said, you dont give away all of your secrets ;) Just enough to boost people up to being able to enjoy watching fighters do more than lose in 5 seconds.

Do we ever get to update the wiki or suggest things to put in it? Because something like this thread has snippets perfect to help people create workable fighters out of creation.

Do we ever get to update the wiki or suggest things to put in it? Because something like this thread has snippets perfect to help people create workable fighters out of creation.

I was actually thinking a video tutorial on youtube would probably be the most useful learning tool. I lack a decent enough computer to make this happen at the moment though. :-(

110 :P

I started with cardio so high so he could train other skills I wanted him to at a faster rate. After which, I will DEFINITELY be cramming on the physical skills :P

The thing is you could have just put 110 in Speed or something and trained to 110 cardio in like 2 weeks max? getting speed up to 110 would take months and months (unless you meant getting stats up like punches or kicks etc)