The League of Leagues

Alright, as most of you know with me, most of my random weird ideas come when I'm bored. As always, the first thread I post is a thread to gauge interest. This time however, it's a sign-up thread as well so you can go ahead and do that.

This might be another instance of crazed genius or simply batshit crazy.

Now, before I explain what I intend to do, I'm going to tell you why I want to do it. Basically, I tried doing the Bisping Bash, which tbh, was going to be an incredibly fun tournament. The entire concept was made to be a fun break from the usual stuff in Tycoon and I was putting up 200k as prize money simply to make it happen. People, however, disappointed. After enough sign-ups, most people didn't follow through with creation and well, that sucked. I realized, simply, that in order to make people stick to their word, there needs to be enough money on the line.

Fast forward discussions with multiple people and here we are with an idea that may actually work and would definitely be a lot of fun. Before the idea though, are the prizes:

Winner: $2,000,000

Best KO: $66,600 (sponsored by j666)

The Milo Phillips Award (Best Submission): $100,000 (sponsored by Lifebleeder)

Best Fight: $100,000 each

The Bubba KillsInWater Award (Most Entertaining Fighter): $100,000

The Manny Baddabing Award (Most wins by Submission): $50,000 (sponsored by Lifebleeder)

The DIFO Award (Win via Cut): $10,000 per win (sponsored by Malicious Intent Fight Gear and j666)

The Igor Glozman Award (First person to tap to strikes): $50,000 (sponsored by Crisse)

The Ron Jeremy Award (Most takedowns in a fight): $50,000 (sponsored by Crisse)

The Dan Torres Award (Fighter with the loudest mouth but unable to back any of it in fights): $10,000 and 3 months in a private gym (sponsored by alexi)

The Forrest Griffin Award (Best interview): $25,000 (sponsored by alexi)

The Chael Sonnen Award (Most annoying trash talker): $15,000 (sponsored by alexi)

First Flying Knee in the League: $100,000 (sponsored by potter09)

The Warrior Award (First fighter to get rocked and win via TKO / Submission): $50,000 (sponsored by repe)

Weekly FOTN: $5,000 (sponsored by Artist and Dynasty K1)

Weekly KOTN: $5,000 (sponsored by Artist and Dynasty K1)

The Pimp Slap Award (First fighter to rock opponent with a slap): $50,000 (sponsored by Face Kicker)

The Jean Claude Van Damme Award (Dominated for the majority of the fight to comeback and KO): $50,000 (sponsored by Tats)

The Jean Claude Van Damme Award (Dominated for the majority of the fight to comeback and Sub): $50,000 (sponsored by Tats)

The Rampage Jackson Award (For every Slam TKO win): $10,000 (sponsored by Hells Kitchen Lab Corp and jsharpe)

The Hammer Award (Finish via GNP after 50 or more strikes landed): $50,000 (sponsored by Deamus)

The Jbomb666's Wife Award (Fighter who takes the most cumshots to the head in a single fight while standing/clinch/ground): $20,000 (sponsored by Bill Jenkins)

The other awards will be decided based on a public vote subject to certain restrictions (which will be put in place to avoid people with more contacts simply getting themselves voted to win it).

Here's how it works.

- This will be a creation tournament. All fighters must be 25 years old. If you have any opinions, feel free to post it in the thread. Fighters must be created on or after the 4th of March. Any managers who have not created a fighter by the 10th of March can be removed from the tournament (at my discretion).

- All fights will take place in Los Angeles in the 265+ lbs division. You can make a fighter of any height and any weight, it's upto you.

- Please come up with interesting names / backstories for your fighters. This is not a requirement but it would make the tournament a lot more fun.

- There will be 64 fighters. If we hit the magic numbers of 72 or 80 before the 4th, I can bump up to them by increasing total fighters per league.

- There will be 8 leagues (or groups) of 8 fighters each. Each fighter will fight the other fighter in their group once. A win gets a fighter 3 points, a draw 1 point and a loss none. An NC or not accepting your fight results in -3 points. Fights will be once a week so I suggest you remember to tick that injury hidden. You will be expected to fight regardless of how bad your injury is.

- At the end of the group stage, the top two fighters from each league will advance. This will be based on total points for all the fighters. In case of a tie, the winner will be decided on the bases of things (in the following order): Wins, Head-to-Head Record, Fastest Finish (in the tournament, thanks to the EPL for this tiebreak idea). In the off chance that they are magically even in all these categories, things will be decided on a fight between the two of them. If someone they end up drawing that fight, I shall toss a coin to see who goes on, most probably after punching my computer screen in frustration. In total, we will have 18 fighters qualifying by this method. These fighters will get a one week break before the next round of the tournament.

- 4 more fighters from the unqualified ones will be selected by me. This will be based on my own opinions and will factor in a variety of factors like: performances, hype/pop, activity (on the forums), etc. So hell, if there is a fighter who constantly posts interviews and makes this tournament fun, I'd be likely to pick him. 4 other fighters will be picked from a poll on the forums. This poll will start being conducted a week before the final result of the tournament. These 8 fighters will fight each other for a spot in the final 20.

- The remaining 20 fighters will then participate in the second group stage, which consists of two 10-person groups. They'll fight each other in the same format as before and the top 4 from each group will go on and fight in a knock-out format to ultimately decide the winner.

- Do understand that this is not a short tournament. The first round will take 7 weeks with a week break in between and then another 9 weeks and knockout rounds a week each. The total time for the running of this tournament would be 20 weeks. Only if you are interested despite knowing how long it'll last should you join.

- Contracts will be for something like 24 fights at 500/500 to begin with. However, if the events are earning enough to make sure I don't end up taking huge losses at the end of the tournament, I will reneg the contracts after a few fights and increase fight pay uniformly for all fighters. Some fighters will end up being out of the tournament way before their total fights. If this happens, I will happily release them or re-neg them to a regular contract whereby they can continue fighting for a little in the org.

- The prize pool will drop by 30k for every fighter that drops out and be given to the person who agrees to make a replacement for that fighter. If no replacement can be found, 50k will be taken out of the prize pool. This is kept in effect so people think twice before signing up and then again before thinking of skipping out on the tournament. You will get a bad rep from a pool of 60 managers if you run out on the tournament.

- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT A FIGHT EACH WEEK AND FIGHT EACH WEEK. THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO MAY/MAY NOT BE ABLE TO BE THAT ACTIVE.

All that aside, the idea behind this whole tournament is to:

- have frequent, interesting fights.

- have a shot at winning a huge purse plus other prizes.

- be on an "even" playing field with other managers. fighters will be new creations and thus, weekly matchups will be very interesting. i doubt many fighters will truly be able to dominate the entirety of the tournament.

- most importantly, have a good time while doing all of this.

Hell, ideally, I'd love to see people take interest in this and have an opportunity to do weekly smacktalk / interviews etc with their fighters in this.

I treat this like a community project. If you like the idea and want to help organize, run, fund, hell whatever you want with it, message me and we'll make it happen. I'd love if people would like to sponsor more prizes. A weekly FOTN etc prize is one idea that I thought might be awesome. Frankly, if you like the idea of the tournament and are interested in helping with it but don't know how, message me and we'll work from there.

Also, if there's a worry on the matter that my own interest might dwindle or that I might not see this through, do remember that I've run something like 6-7 of the biggest tournaments in Tycoon. The only time there was an issue was with the current TUM and that was due to some extreme personal reasons which the majority of you already know about. Something like that won't happen again :)

All that said, if you're interested to sign up, post here. If you have thoughts, post here. If you want to do something with this tournament, message me. Hell, if you want to run the org that hosts this, message me.

If, somehow, I am completely insane and there aren't enough people to go ahead with this then well, no loss right?

In:

1. Calvin Reyes (34925) - Magnus Poulsen (174923)
  2. Scott Davies (13499) - Jaxon Halo (174916)
  3. Xyel Pain (22998) - The Demon Knight (174824)
  4. Tats McGee (955) - Joey Paro (174904)
  5. Alexi Zaitev (31763) - Kylar Stern (174803)
  6. Pico Le-Snubs (4174) - Wacky "jacky" Chan (175053)
  7. Jolon Williams (52758) - "Orion" Barrabas Siladi (175331)
  8. Sith Zoo (55534) - Sith Amnesia (174825)
  9. Dane Ford (68059) - Benedikt "The Axe" Lomax (174893)
  10. Ethan Downs (19034) - "Full Metal Jawbreaker" Djoser Rei (175231)
  11. Joshua Donovan (29967) - Omen Deng (174812)
  12. Louie DePalma (17180) - Marcus "Loose Cannon" Behnder (174979)
  13. Max Power (29013) - Charles "Sweet Chilli" Francis (174844)
  14. Hunter Jones (38476) - Bill "Beat Master" Norris (174811)
  15. Zenaral Mänätzer (5415) - Voitto Putkimies (174889)
  16. Davy Jones (65158) - Evander "Bad" Tripp (174968)
  17. Bogus Linda (30562) - Robert Makuszynski (174836)
  18. Smoky Heinen (57067) - Hokey Smeinen (174997)
  19. Sean McDonnel (25903) - Brian "The Heat" Crawford (175415)
  20. Beau Banks (22783) - RoHammad "The Hammer" Slade (175431)
  21. Brian Robertson (1126) - Brian Robertson (1126)
  22. Grip Gambler (6100) - Nyan "Nyan" Nyan (175001)
  23. Brocc Ogan (26831) - Azzie Lajza (174946)
  24. Face Kicker (2965) - "Gnarly" Dalston Marley (174892)=
  25. David Brannson (60671) - David "The Mockingbird" Dichter (175027)
  26. Dean Sutherland (60227) - Roman Kersikov (175592)
  27. Jusin Sharpe (61790) - Brian Sackett (175181)
  28. Konstantin Pchelinski (66352) - John "War" Miller (174925)
  29. Crisse Danielsson (3770) - Dag Otto Larsson (174934)
  30. Barnabas Sackett (2183) - Parmalee Sackett (174950)
  31. Big Match (60006) - Shut Up (174783)
  32. Tim Key (9742) - "The Fireball" Gabriel Douglas Key (174818)
  33. Swan Song (62384) - Demetrius Bingham (175416)
  34. Richard Davenport (10647) - Fredrik Nordh (174949)
  35. Jason "JBOMB" Smith (3976) - Brad Helix (174955)
  36. Dirk Copeland (33432) - Mitch McDonald (175143)
  37. Seppo Koskinen (2820) - Franciszek Kupno (174861)
  38. Don Africa (31862) - Daniel D Untouchable (175271)
  39. Chuck Grace (22274) - "Sir" Sperling Windsor (174942)
  40. Michael Knight (52061) - "The Trained Assassin" Joey Karate (174909)
  41. Matt Cave (45538) - Herschel "The Flying Fatty" Perschbacher (175008)
  42. Ezekel Rage (23349) - Eddard "Ned" Stark (174839)
  43. Lynch Nueve-Seis (14654) - "The Kingslayer" Jaime Lannister (174941)
  44. Mike Fletcher (60806) - J James Jameson Iii (174981)
  45. Brett Appley (64501) - Joe "Benavidez" Jitsu (174831)
  46. Johnny Tavares (63274) - "鉄拳" Akira Kazama (174810)
  47. Animal Trainer (32965) - Murder Case (174990)
  48. Kain Lock (27455) - Kyle "Red" Horton (175120)
  49. ZyD XyD (58677) - ZyD The Taco (174868)
  50. Erik Steele (9293) - Olav Erikson (174786)
  51. Christian Johansson (31080) - Sato "Hung Like A Horse" Peck (174900)
  52. Lord Rayden (330) - Vossler Azelas (175593)
  53. Johnny Wonnut (26578) - Mickey "Da Mouse" Zapputo (174971)
  54. Magnus Magnusson (27543) - Nolan "Skada" Frost (175031)
  55. Anderson Trunks (2041) - Ed "The Ball Hawk" Reed (175234)
  56. Stu Pidasol (27046) - Terry "Ball-Hair" Tourettes (175378)
  57. Gabriel Luque (28508) - Luca Ursini (175550)
  58. Thor HGH (24686) - Uriel Sheet (175633)
  59. Tage McNutt (67084) - "The Ground Prodigy" Lesnar McNutt (174974)
  60. Nick Stack (58674) - Rija "The Animal" Gildas (175351)
  61. Logan Mikki (799) - Pablo Santucho (175549)
  62. Llib Notwal (54383) - Sir Albert "The Crown Prince" Chunnelsworth Iii (175405)
  63. Bank Rupt (9522) - "The Singularity" Sampson Syn (175696)
  64. Jacky Chan aka LeGoat (16263) - Send "The" Money (175309)

Reserves:

1. Gary Coffey (18214)
  2. Skinny Vince (3346)
  3. John Brawler (50889) - Init Towinit (174929)
  4. Cus Damato (16208)

I was thinking 18 myself Xyel, I just wanted people's thoughts on it before fixing it.

As for the time schedule, that would double the duration of the tournament and would definitely make it too long for people to stick to it. That's the sole reason I think once a week is how it has to be. However, ticking the injuries hidden should help IMO.

My issue with injuries/low time inbetween fights is that order of fights has a huge effect - if you meet a guy with granite chin-huge heart (bound to happen at least once in each division) first, you are getting no training for the next fight and will fight injured for at least one or two more fights, as opposed in the case when you would fight this guy last. Dunno if 16 and 32 weeks are that much of a difference - its 2 mill dollars and far as sticking to it goes, the main problem is when a manager finds out his fighter sucks in the first 2 fights of the division, elsewhere its a non-issue as its single elimination and the few more weeks inbetween change little imo.

Well, thing is, the groups will be made and order of fights will be decided before the tournament starts / before anyone knows who has what hiddens and all that. So it'll be completely random.

I do plan to give a break between each round (as in, from the first set to leagues to the quarters to semis to finals) to make sure everyone starts the next round fit.

My idea is to have enough prizes involved to make people want to fight with fighters that haven't been doing too well either so they can win some of the other bonuses. 100k for the ones I've already announced is already a lot and all you'd to do would be to have an exciting fight / finish.

If I can find people to sponsor some weekly awards, that would be an added incentive.

Also, I'm thinking of allowing people to name the "groups" that will be formed. Ideas were to name them after legendary fighters / events / companies / alliances in Tycoon itself.

Or people can get them named after their companies or something in exchange for some sponsored awards. Message me if interested!

1 x 10 mins rounds :)

Rahter something like 3 x 3 mins - 1 x 10 mins round has the issue that you have no real chance to come back after getting gassed/breathing heavily, so the fights would be decided in the first minute and be just hitting the punching back for the remaining 9...

I love it. The only problem I'm seeing is there will be very little training time. Any fight that goes a couple rounds will result in pretty low energy. Say you have an average type fight and you end up with like half energy. Well there goes half a week. You'll only get like 2-3 days to train. So basically out of each week, you'll only be training a few days at best. I know it's fair, it's just that it kinda sucks to hardly gain anything over the course of 16 weeks.

Maybe I'm not thinking right. It was just my initial reaction to it. It still sounds awesome to get all those fights in, and the whole thing sounds really fun.

Edit: oh I didn't see the suggestions for shorter fight length. That would help a lot. I might even think 2x3 minutes, scored whole fight.

Edited by Showdown

I love it. The only problem I'm seeing is there will be very little training time. Any fight that goes a couple rounds will result in pretty low energy. Say you have an average type fight and you end up with like half energy. Well there goes half a week. You'll only get like 2-3 days to train. So basically out of each week, you'll only be training a few days at best. I know it's fair, it's just that it kinda sucks to hardly gain anything over the course of 16 weeks.

Maybe I'm not thinking right. It was just my initial reaction to it. It still sounds awesome to get all those fights in, and the whole thing sounds really fun.

Yeah, that's definitely there. Way I see it, these fighters won't be ones who will have huge amounts of skills training. However, they'll probably become quite popular and can accomplish a lot in this time period. Hell, if people want, the org could continue to run only with the tournament fighters (if people are up for it) after the tournament. That way, you have 64 guys who went through the same shit and can continue to organize fights between them and stuff :)

Plus, if it actually works out, we can possibly even do another after this and make the fighters take on each other after!

I'm in. No way you'll find 64 managers to do a creation thing though, too many cowards out there who hide behind their primaries.

Let's see, I'm hoping $2.5 mill++ should get enough people to take part in what should simply be, a boatload of fun. If not, I will try to figure out a way to make 32 or something work. It can probably done by changing some of the format around.

Also, sometimes it isn't clear if you're in or just like the idea. If you're in just make sure to say like "sign me up" or "i'm in" or something that makes it clear to me :P

Also, sometimes it isn't clear if you're in or just like the idea. If you're in just make sure to say like "sign me up" or "i'm in" or something that makes it clear to me :P

Erm, not sure if this was directed at me, but I said "I'm in." So, uh, sign me up lol.

:pootling: :wheelchair: <---Are we clear?

Tats: I have no clue what that means but I'm just going to go ahead and you love it and want to join. I'm also going to go ahead and assume that you want to create a White Gorrila sponsored prize for something absolutely wacky.

Ethan: Who needs him if you got Budo already?!

Tats: I have no clue what that means but I'm just going to go ahead and you love it and want to join. I'm also going to go ahead and assume that you want to create a White Gorrila sponsored prize for something absolutely wacky.

Fine be that way.