Road to Gold - Creation Tournament

Rei

Hello everyone, thank you all for signing up and allowing this event to take place!

Creation details:

The date set for creation is Thursday 28th of April

Please note that you can enter a fighter created AFTER this date if you wish, although your chosen fighter must be posted on the thread (or private messaged to me) by Thursday 12th of May. Testing fights are no longer permitted, by result of public poll.

http://i.imgur.com/daWoli2.png

Tournament details:

The opening round of the tournament will be on the Thursday 19th of May, where all 16 fighters will take part.

There will be three weeks allowed for training before the opening round. From then on, there will be a 3 week gap between rounds to allow for resting and training.

So, get your thinking caps on and create some fantastic characters, for your chance to win The Super-star Award (Best fighter profile / biography), worth $50,000!

Good luck with all of your creations, and may the God of hiddens bless you.

Disclaimer: As usual, some things are subject to change. Managers WILL be notified of any changes.

• Upvote 6

Hello everyone, thank you all for signing up and allowing this event to take place!
Creation details:
The date set for creation is Thursday 28th of April
Please note that you can enter a fighter created AFTER this date if you wish, although your chosen fighter must be posted on the thread (or private messaged to me) by Thursday 12th of May. Testing fights are permitted, enter them at your own discretion.
Tournament details:
The opening round of the tournament will be on the Thursday 19th of May, where all 16 fighters will take part.
There will be three weeks allowed for training before the opening round. From then on, there will be a 3 week gap between rounds to allow for resting and training.
So, get your thinking caps on and create some fantastic characters, for your chance to win The Super-star Award (Best fighter profile / biography), worth $50,000!
Good luck with all of your creations, and may the God of hiddens bless you.
Disclaimer: As usual, some things are subject to change. Managers WILL be notified of any changes.

I would of liked to of seen no testing. True unknown going into this! Good luck. This filled fast! When will the brackets be up?

I would of liked to of seen no testing. True unknown going into this! Good luck. This filled fast! When will the brackets be up?

I can post an example of the bracket, to show the tournament structure. The actual draw will be made when all fighters have been created.

The website I will be using is Challonge, which allows for a randomised seeding (I'll put up a video of the seeding for proof lol)

• Upvote 2

I think no testing would be good, then it would truly be a (hidden) surprise. Some guys who have a lot of VIP time can make and release multiple fighters in a short period of time. Others may not have that luxury. No testing I think would be fair. Just my thoughts and opinions. I love creation tourneys, but I am terrible at them. I could test and have a Granite, fast learner, guy with hands of stone, and and a huge heart and still get KOed in under a min. Buy a guy who is made of glass, has pillow hands, and who has the heart of Tin man (no heart, sorry for the Wizard of Oz reference),and is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Ding, Ding let the games begin!

• Upvote 4

Hmm a few people have mentioned that they'd prefer no testing, I'd be more than fine with changing that rule.

Anyone else have an input on this subject?

Also please remember that the creation date is still this thursday!

I'd be happier with no testing. Makes it more fun for me.

• Upvote 2

No testing? Yeah no... what a way to waste 9 weeks of a fighter slot (3 weeks until first fight then 2 losses for a minimum of 9 weeks). I really don't want to find out after the first fight he's a cutter with no heart, then have to keep him.

I'm fine with it being either way, but from an organization stand point, you would be better served by a tournament full of tested fighters.

Without testing, basically all of the first round losers who pop bad hiddens will be sacked and it will leave you with a shallow division on conclusion of the tournament.

• Upvote 1