GAMMA opens in Las Vegas

Mentor

Congrats to El Diablo

thanks very much bro!

Chris Steve went to number 1 again today (congrats), i'm curious as to how he did it without having a fight, did he get a new contract or sponsorship deal? do they affect hype in the first place? maybe i've been missing out on hype by not doing something but not sure...

only thing i can guess is that they have exactly the same hype and the game shifts between them, really shooting in the dark though...

• Upvote 2

thanks very much bro!

Chris Steve went to number 1 again today (congrats), i'm curious as to how he did it without having a fight, did he get a new contract or sponsorship deal? do they affect hype in the first place? maybe i've been missing out on hype by not doing something but not sure...

only thing i can guess is that they have exactly the same hype and the game shifts between them, really shooting in the dark though...

How is that possible?

One fighter is at #1, one fighter is at #2. Neither of them have a fight, but #2 overtakes #1. Wtaf?!

• Upvote 3

Happened to Tower as well. Could be a bug in the game engine, could be some odd hype shit where it randomly drops/picks up daily on some level.

it would be handy to know if anyone has an official answer, it would be a shame if there is another way of gaining hype that most people don't know about...

thanks very much bro!

I know it`s not the sponsorship deal he just signed, that was after he went to #1 for the 5th time.

He is very active on Buzz so Bwang might be onto something.

My guess is it`s something random (daily) like when the engine sends you a random email about your parents calling you or getting paid $1000 for a magazine article or some stuff like that.

• Upvote 1

Whymer Van Mastodon (40116) is now officially the greatest manager in the history of GAMMA. He just surpassed retired Gale Hawthorne (22636) and has now 1256 points in the all time list compared to Gale's 1200.

The most successful managers in the past 9 months are:

Note: Only managers with 50+ points included.

Laz Staz (82447) 127 points

Carlos Castenada (84794) 98 points

Bwang Jong Sr (91781) 95 points

Mike Hunt (39215) 93 points

Marky Mark (22640) 93 points

Trippin Balls (104409) 80 points

Runt . (108617) 66 points

Kostas Tsaq (6108) 65 points

Power Shark (94407) 64 points

Whymer Van Mastodon (40116) 64 points

Gerbert Bryant (84742) 60 points

Grumpy Bastard (102643) 53 points

In the past 9 months we had several new managers included in the all time greatest lists (to be included you need to participate for a GAMMA title). These managers are:

Pablo Spezziale (16996)

Buff Minion (105073)

Devin Skrumbellos (99673)

Shape Shifter (6090)

Hunter Jones (38476)

Action Jackson (123097)

This is the full list of top managers based on total points, the way points are accumulated are as follows:

1 Per Loss

2 Per draw

3 Per title fight/Super fight

4 Per win

50 for HOF Fighters

Note: Only managers with 250 points included:

Whymer Van Mastodon (40116) 1256

Gale Hawthorne (22636) 1200

Dom Jaehnke (20196) 827

Gerbert Bryant (84742) 796

Mr Gutz (3074) 721

Boondock The Destroyer (503) 691

Alika Webb (62511) 643

Pawel Ufcowski (52087) 595

David Brent (104382) 564

Grumpy Bastard (102643) 550

Igor Psycho (6994) 522

Face Kicker (2965) 448

Laz Staz (82447) 438

Bobby Heyman (99756) 434

Marky Mark (22640) 403

Mike Hunt (39215) 401

Brad O'Neil 371

John McGuirk (1306) 351

Grund McGrunderson (3341) 323

Paulie Walnuts (79001) 314

Jebba . (61031) 310

Thor HGH (24686) 308

Richard Davenport (10647) 303

Andy McKenzie (101467) 289

Matt Cave (45538) 288

Klatz Matz (46802) 287

Gritty Smitty (1206) 286

Bwang Jong Sr (91781) 283

Digga Dogman (91254) 275

Trippin Balls (104409) 273

Carlos Castenada (84794) 267

Seppo Koskinen (2820) 266

Doug Heffernan (10852) 260

John Bravo (50889) 260

Lance Templeton (889) 256

Hunter Jones (38476) 252

Jack Smith (7552) 251

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Cool info.

Couldn't help notice that three YABAI mates are the top three in the past 9 months. But of course congratulations to Whymer!

Yabai is dominating the rankings as of late, it is no surprise they are also the best alliance in the game overall.

• Upvote 3

Managed by 2 of the most legendary managers this game has ever seen, Lance Templeton and David Brent. His highest rank was #3 in game. His record inside GAMMA 19-6-2. When you look at his career, Gareth arguably fought all the greatest 145-135lbs of his era and in most cases came on top. Some of his biggest wins were over Selfie Lord, Felix Legions, Karol Mirowski, Tony Ramos, Jiri Sayonara, Fook Man, Mordecai Sackett, Edward Kenway, Sergey Panikov, Cullen Castrello, Kira Miyata, Lukasz Wolek.

It is kind of surprising how he was not ranked #1 in the game considering his list of great wins, that was mostly due to costly losses at the wrong time, after those losses he actually managed to move up into the top 5 in 4 different occasions.

Upon retirement, Gareth was ranked 9th all time in GAMMA on the total points list with 194. He is the highest ranking fighter below 170lbs. He is also 6th all time in total super fights. He would probably had ranked as high as 5th, however he left the org at 34y of age to join Syn (where he also won the title).

• Upvote 3

10 years of GAMMA

10 Years is a very long time, if you are talking about playing a game. It it is even longer when you are talking about running an MMA org in MMA tycoon. Most people give up on such a task after 3-4 months, but GAMMA has been around for 10 year now. The very first event took place on the 7th of June 2009 and since then we have run a total of 774 events. Champs have come and gone, managers have come and gone and some came back.................and went away again, it has been a memorable ride for sure.
GAMMA has had it's up's and down's, that is for certain. We started relatively low profile and stayed that way for a good couple of years, basically minding our own business. GAMMA was launched on the big scene when Jeremy Tonal, a then unknown commodity, participated in the first Millionaire tourney. He went on a rampage to win the tournament and from then on, we were on the big stage. We slowly went up the rankings and in 2012 we had our first PPV events.
But things took a sudden turn in 2013, when i was penalized with a 15 million fine, total loss of all our hype and all the fighters were allowed to leave on a free. GAMMA essentially needed to restart from scratch. This was by no means easy, as GAMMA was blacklisted by the majority of the community. The road back to legitimacy was from then on a grind. Since then though, we have managed to win 4 consecutive forum polls as org of the year and the past 2 years we also received the CEO of the year award.
I guess what keeps me going with GAMMA is the love of the history and stats, i guess you could say i am a stats freak. I love comparing the best of the best of today vs those of the past. We also keep a full record of all the major fights / super fights between ourselves and all the other top organizations.
But most of all, it comes down to the relations between us and our managers, 10 years is a long time and i know some people around there for a large portion of that time.
We recently did an update of the all greatest fighters and managers in our history, you can get a full record of all the key stats here:
Not sure if i will be around in 10 years from now, but for the time being GAMMA is going strong!
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

10 years of GAMMA

10 Years is a very long time, if you are talking about playing a game. It it is even longer when you are talking about running an MMA org in MMA tycoon. Most people give up on such a task after 3-4 months, but GAMMA has been around for 10 year now. The very first event took place on the 7th of June 2009 and since then we have run a total of 774 events. Champs have come and gone, managers have come and gone and some came back.................and went away again, it has been a memorable ride for sure.
GAMMA has had it's up's and down's, that is for certain. We started relatively low profile and stayed that way for a good couple of years, basically minding our own business. GAMMA was launched on the big scene when Jeremy Tonal, a then unknown commodity, participated in the first Millionaire tourney. He went on a rampage to win the tournament and from then on, we were on the big stage. We slowly went up the rankings and in 2012 we had our first PPV events.
But things took a sudden turn in 2013, when i was penalized with a 15 million fine, total loss of all our hype and all the fighters were allowed to leave on a free. GAMMA essentially needed to restart from scratch. This was by no means easy, as GAMMA was blacklisted by the majority of the community. The road back to legitimacy was from then on a grind. Since then though, we have managed to win 4 consecutive forum polls as org of the year and the past 2 years we also received the CEO of the year award.
I guess what keeps me going with GAMMA is the love of the history and stats, i guess you could say i am a stats freak. I love comparing the best of the best of today vs those of the past. We also keep a full record of all the major fights / super fights between ourselves and all the other top organizations.
But most of all, it comes down to the relations between us and our managers, 10 years is a long time and i know some people around there for a large portion of that time.
We recently did an update of the all greatest fighters and managers in our history, you can get a full record of all the key stats here:
Not sure if i will be around in 10 years from now, but for the time being GAMMA is going strong!

That is amazing !

Congrats and well done.

• Upvote 1

GAMMA has a very long history of running several affiliate organizations. In fact 2 of our current champions Bunt Jernit and Diarmuid Curry both competed in a GAMMA affiliate in the past.

We have decided to relaunch a rookie tier affiliate again and we are proud to announce GAMMA: Development League based out of Las Vegas:

Running the organization is Mark Harrington (48323), a veteran of the game since 2011 who also happens to have extensive experience in running an organization. Here

The ID of the organization is 348,000, which means that only fighters with an ID of 348,000 or higher will be allowed to join. We will not be recruiting any "late creation fighters", only 18-16y old rookies will be considered.

One of the key reasons why we want to run a rookie level organization, is to give fighters/managers a chance to compete with the all time legends of GAMMA. When we created this org, we also had an ID restriction, but that was 8-9 years ago. So most fighters that join us are already in their late 20s or early 30s. By having a lower tier org, they have a chance to spend all or most of their career in GAMMA, starting from the lower leagues and moving all the way up and possibly competing for a title.

This means that all fighter records will be "passed on" when considering future GAMMA Hall of Fame consideration as well.

If you are interested in signing a contract, contact Mark directly, he will send over an offer:

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
Matt Quinn HOF induction

Former 185lbs title holder with a total of 207 ranking points. Upon retirement, Matt was ranked 5th all time in GAMMA history and #2 behind Raz Matazz as the best 185lbs fighter ever. At his peak he was ranked #1 in the game and is a HOF inductee in 2016. His biggest wins are Rockmeteller Todd, Viv Richards, Ed Gennero, Scotty Bennet, Michael Cole, Saul Goodman, Russian Obama, Dao Sonnen.

If we look over Matt's career, he is in the HOF due to his longevity and his 2 separate title runs. For a large portion of his career he was a mid tier reliable performer. He is ranked #6 all time in his total fights and fought for GAMMA into his 40s. A true all time great for the organization.

• Upvote 1

I would personally like to congratulate Pat "The Little Ball Of Hate" Verbeek (266187) for achieving the #1 position among fighters and subsequently being inducted into the games Hall of Fame!

This is the 3rd fighter this year that has reached this position. Previously we had at most 1 fighter per year reach the #1 spot.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

New owner at the Contenders Org.

The GAMMA: Contenders is the longing running affiliate organization in the history of the game, functioning since June 2013. In that period of time we have had 7 owners and a ridiculous 368 events so far.

I would like to thank Antonio Savage (101817) for running the GAMMA: Contenders from May 2019 till August 2019, we wish him good luck for the future.
The new owner of the Contenders is Fed SwZL (5554), he will be running the org under the supervision of long term Tycoon Veteran and #1 ranking GAMMA manager of all time Whymer Van Mastodon (40116).
This org is an open ID org for fighters ranked 1000-5000, so if you have such a fighter looking for a challenge, contact Fed SwZL (5554) directly for a contract:
  • Upvote 3

New owner at the Contenders Org.

The GAMMA: Contenders is the longing running affiliate organization in the history of the game, functioning since June 2013. In that period of time we have had 7 owners and a ridiculous 368 events so far.

I would like to thank Antonio Savage (101817) for running the GAMMA: Contenders from May 2019 till August 2019, we wish him good luck for the future.
The new owner of the Contenders is Fed SwZL (5554), he will be running the org under the supervision of long term Tycoon Veteran and #1 ranking GAMMA manager of all time Whymer Van Mastodon (40116).
This org is an open ID org for fighters ranked 1000-5000, so if you have such a fighter looking for a challenge, contact Fed SwZL (5554) directly for a contract:

Thank you for the shout out Mentor, and for the trust placed in me by handing me the reigns. I will continue to run GAMMA: Contenders to the high standard its fighters and managers are accustomed to. Just bear in mind I am not long back into the game and will need feedback from everyone involved to make sure the org works for everyone. So far everyone has been nothing but helpful and see no reason that cannot continue.

Here is to the continuation of the GAMMA legacy. Good fights everybody.

• Upvote 3