What the f... is [JMFC]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've really seen it..

But it's probably an Alliance of company owners.

Blitzkrieg for example, has a fight org that is sponsored primarily by a Nutrition Company... called Blitzkrieg.

No.... Actually the org helped fund the supplement company...

Blitzkrieg is more like a family, not an alliance or something of that sort :)

As JMFC's official historian and DKP manager let me settle this once and for all:

JMFC's

Meaning

Flows

Circularly

The Jungle stuff is just to throw off the outsiders

/thread

As JMFC's official historian and DKP manager let me settle this once and for all:

JMFC's

Meaning

Flows

Circularly

The Jungle stuff is just to throw off the outsiders

/thread

As an aside I think my DKP is off. Ill check the last few raids and let you know. It might just be me being stupid, but I thought I was top of my class and Im not anymore for some reason...

out of interest how does JMFC have so many members? Just by letting anyone who wants to join in ?

You must 3 man Ragnaros at level 80 for a start.

I have an exemption from any and all WoW requirements because of my legendary status in the UO community.

So it was you who killed Lord British... :notworthy:

e: guys I restocked potion mats in the guild vault for sunday

fine. i'm completely comfortable with continuing on. i just tried to end a bullshit argument without it having to drag on for fukn months on end.

Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1] Or, on the opposite side, racism can be seen as the belief that a certain race portrays a certain, undesirable characteristic (e.g. "Asian people are horrible drivers.") In the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits, or get preferential treatment.

Stereotype is a commonly held public belief about specific social groups, or types of individuals. The concepts of "stereotype" and "prejudice" are often confused with many other different meanings. Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of groups, based on some prior assumptions.

A stereotype can be deemed 'positive', or 'negative'.

It sounds like you don't see the connection between stereotypes and racism. I'm somewhat amazed at that. A concept like racism is so broad that it cannot be easily contained within something as simple as a dictionary definition. This quote is from an interview with the president of New Demographic, an anti-racism training company, and a sociology professor.

CHIDEYA: So Carmen, what is a positive racial stereotype? When is it not a compliment?

Ms. CARMEN VAN KERCKHOVE (President, New Demographic): Well, a positive racial stereotype is some of the things that you mentioned - the idea of a strong black woman or the idea that all Asian kids are really good at science and math. And the problem with these positive racial stereotypes is that they also suggest that the opposite is true of another group.

Prof. LEWIS: Well, one of the things that happens is that it severely limits people's opportunity to have choices. If we assume that certain groups are good at math, or certain groups are really self-perseverant, we tend to miss the things that shape that opportunity.

The original things that happen that make the strong black woman have to happen, the ability of not having social resources to support you so you're forced to raise children on your own. You're forced to work extra large hours. So opportunities are restricted before these stereotypes come along, and by using positive stereotypes we miss the original conditions that produce them.

Not only are positive stereotypes destructive, they are also rooted in racism. In the specific case of the financially successful Jew stereotype, it was based on historical persecution.
Jews, as well as Arabs and Muslims, were restricted to jobs of money lending and banking because professions dealing with money saving and lending loans were seen as morally inappropriate for Christian men. Jews were barred from a myriad of other professions as well, so if a Jew wanted to be successful, the only option was to become a money lender.
From here. The stereotype grew up around Jews because they were forced into an industry that was literally viewed as sinful and evil by the society around them. The legacy of this is still alive today.
Nearly half of Western European believe that Jews exploit the persecution of their past as a method of extorting money, according to an annual Jewish Agency report released on Sunday.

A joint report on anti-Semitism conducted by the Agency and the Ministry of Diaspora Affairs found that 42 percent of those polled by the University of Bielefeld in Germany agreed that "Jews exploit the past to extort money."

he countries in which the highest percentage of the population agreed with that statement were Poland and Spain.

According to the Jewish Agency, there were more anti-Semitic incidents in 2009 than in any year since the Second World War. In the first three months of 2009 - immediately following Israel's three-week offensive on the Gaza Strip - there were as many anti-Semitic incidents recorded as in the entire year of 2008.

From here.

i think an even larger problem with the world today is oversensativity to nonissues such as this. i sleep fine at nite.
People are literally killed on a daily basis because of racism and bigotry. I must be misunderstanding you. Are you saying that me having a discussion with you about racism is worse than, say, what happened to Matthew Shepherd? These things are connected. The way we perceive groups directly influences violence against them.

u wanna go ahead and fukn cry about it, fine.
All I have done is try to educate.
u wanna run to admin or other folks in this game and blackball, fine...i really don't give a fuk.
I haven't gone to the administration about anything. I don't know who deleted both our posts, and I didn't request it. I don't want you to be punished, I'm just trying to get people to think. I just hope that maybe someone will read this and think twice next time before they use "gay" as a synonym for "bad" or that they got "jewed" on a deal.

JMFC's

Meaning

Flows

Circularly

This is a small piece of genius.

out of interest how does JMFC have so many members? Just by letting anyone who wants to join in ?

Nah, as previously mentioned, we're all members of the same WoW guild. Hell, I hadn't even heard about MMA until tapeleg mentioned "ground and pound" during a raid. Signed up the next day and feel I'm starting to get the hang of it now!

Jolly

Men

Formed

Coalition

and started playing MMA Tycoon as an alliance. Then we started making ourselves known on the forums, and

Juvenile

Members

Fomented

Complaints.

Really, the only way I see this being resolved is

Jousting,

Milkshakes, and

Frank

Conversation.