Tips for Running a Successful Org?

mrfuji21

Jay I think there is another org that recently started in Hilo that means both are competing for the same guys. The other org maybe paying more. When I started recruiting for Valhalla Hilo I was paying 1500/1500/1500 for debut fighters, 2500 across the board if they were VIP. I'm not sure if u can afford that much but its hard to say no to 2500 for a debut fighter.

That is true. When INY opened up in New York we were trying our damnedest to compete against another new fight org in the city. They were offering I think $2500 across while were in the $1000 across range. We end up getting most of their fighters in the long run because they folded. Just to new to be offering that knd of bank to untested fighters, but it did make recruiting a bit difficult.

I am facing a similar situation now with Armageddon Fight Promotions, (my new org). There are one or two other new orgs in the area and a lot of newer managers are looking at the money only and not seeing that the other orgs aren't ID restricted and that while they me be making more money to show that they won't be getting any win bonuses against who they will be facing. It's not all about the money, but new guys probably won't realize until too late that they made a bad choice. I may have to up my contracts to get some of the new guys but not sure if I want to do that. It doesn't help that most of the fighters I send contract offers to don't even bother to tell me ay they declined so I cannot be sure if they want better terms or just think I am a dick...

That is true. When INY opened up in New York we were trying our damnedest to compete against another new fight org in the city. They were offering I think $2500 across while were in the $1000 across range. We end up getting most of their fighters in the long run because they folded. Just to new to be offering that knd of bank to untested fighters, but it did make recruiting a bit difficult.

I am facing a similar situation now with Armageddon Fight Promotions, (my new org). There are one or two other new orgs in the area and a lot of newer managers are looking at the money only and not seeing that the other orgs aren't ID restricted and that while they me be making more money to show that they won't be getting any win bonuses against who they will be facing. It's not all about the money, but new guys probably won't realize until too late that they made a bad choice. I may have to up my contracts to get some of the new guys but not sure if I want to do that. It doesn't help that most of the fighters I send contract offers to don't even bother to tell me ay they declined so I cannot be sure if they want better terms or just think I am a dick...

You are right that a lot of newer managers look only at money. This is why filling them in on why they should choose you is a good idea. Attach a note to contract offers.

When I started my org, I wanted sustainable contracts and couldn't compete with the money that some other orgs were offering. Instead of just hoping the fighters would check out my org and figure out that it would be a good place to sign, I composed a little explanation of what I thought the pros of my org were and pasted it into offers. It has to be brief but it can be done.

I basically told them that I was ID restricted, so their fighters could compete right off the bat and could be as active as they liked. They wouldn't get fed to superior fighters because there weren't any.

This helped some managers see past the big dollars being thrown at them and realize that my org might be a good choice despite a lower contract offer. It also ensured that the people I was signing were people who liked the premise of my org. This strategy has allowed me to have a very high retention rate.

• Upvote 1

You lose 10% of your total org hype for stripping a champ of his title, which is what you will need to do if he leaves.

Unless your hype is less than 100.

Both are correct. Also letting the contracts for the lower ID guys run out and just not renewing them is one way of doing it. Probably a better way that cutting those guys loose and raising the ID restriction, but still could lead to bad feelings towards you. If you really want to raise the ID restriction though, that is the way to do it. It's also better to do it at this point the way KRad suggested and let the contracts expire and take any potential hit now while you are still relatively new because the hype hit will be smaller now (if you take one at all) than later.

I havent read the whole blurb, but here is something I did or would do for getting new fighters (new creations) to sign for an org.

Do a little note like Nexus suggested, if you have some knowledge of creation and training also mention you can offer this advice.

Find the Tycoon Alliance, there are a lot of managers listed.

Go through them, see how many fighters they have created, if they are non VIP, and created 3, message them, tell them about your org, its benefits, and if they create in your city, to hit you up.

Non VIPS on the free trial, pay attention to this, establish a relationship, once they go full VIP they will come to you.

VIPs if under 10 created do the same.

VIPs at 10 already, tell them about your new org, and if they ever buy extra fighter slots or create another fighter, hit me up.

Org menu New Fighters:

Go through the new ones being created in different cities not just your own, look at managers accounts and do as above.

What I found was managers said ' yeh sounds great, any tips on creating a .....'

Managers then dont create some piece of shite that will get killed, you can get them into the correct gyms, and help them progress.

Its good for your org, as managers create and then ASK you to sign them and good for the game, as managers get good advice early.

Hope this helps, its how I took Immortals New York from 100 to 275 guys in 3/4 weeks before Warwynd told me to calm down because we were at 3 events per week and needing more!

• Upvote 2

Or PM every manager with your idea, ask them to reply if they DO NOT want to be part of the new ID and cut their fighters.

I just changed the ID limit in HERO from 170k to 165k. When I did it, I didn't specifically offer to cut anyone. However, I sent out an email explaining why it was happening. The reasoning is that 170k free agents are few and far between. It makes more sense to bring in a few guys between 165-170k than it does to start signing guys who are between 195k-205k.

I told them I will not be signing any 165k beasts who cannot be beaten. The intent of the move is to create a more balanced playing field, not a less balanced one.

Nobody seemed to have much of a problem when it was thoroughly explained why the move was happening. However, if someone comes to me and asks to be released because of it, I'll definitely let them go.

I just changed the ID limit in HERO from 170k to 165k. When I did it, I didn't specifically offer to cut anyone. However, I sent out an email explaining why it was happening. The reasoning is that 170k free agents are few and far between. It makes more sense to bring in a few guys between 165-170k than it does to start signing guys who are between 195k-205k.

I told them I will not be signing any 165k beasts who cannot be beaten. The intent of the move is to create a more balanced playing field, not a less balanced one.

Nobody seemed to have much of a problem when it was thoroughly explained why the move was happening. However, if someone comes to me and asks to be released because of it, I'll definitely let them go.

Hasnt the 4K Heavyweight champ just joined you, Brandao would give anyone in Immortals a war, he has already man handled one of the Kaleshnikovs twice?

Its a great signing for Hero, but slightly contradicts your claim.

If you reduce the ID fine, its reduced, its deal with it or leave for managers, but Brandao is a beast.

Hasnt the 4K Heavyweight champ just joined you, Brandao would give anyone in Immortals a war, he has already man handled one of the Kaleshnikovs twice?

Its a great signing for Hero, but slightly contradicts your claim.

If you reduce the ID fine, its reduced, its deal with it or leave for managers, but Brandao is a beast.

I talked to Davy (Brandao's manager) before the signing. Brandao matches up evenly skillwise with Larsson and Borisov. He is actually a bit behind them. We're also talking about a superfight with Vihtala, who nobody has been able to beat and is 12-0 now. I think that he is in the same class as our current top-of-the-division guys. If Brandao is indeed too good for the division, I'll definitely let him go. I know Davy won't mind because he has had a lot of interest in Brandao.

Wow people are actually talking about one of my fighters, that's a first ;P

I was very very close to signing with Immortal because I'm a big fan of that org. One reason I didn't is because I had a feeling it would just start out or end up being another 2-3 fight war against another Kaleshnikov. Nothing against them or their manager at all, I have nothing but respect for them. It's just that Brandao fought the one brother 4 times in a short amount of time and didn't really feel like doing it again against his brother. I figured HERO was a good fit because it will allow Brandao to remain a top dog for awhile longer while I tone his skills (his ground game is pretty weak, I've just been lucky to have been matched up primarily against other strikers.) Also I won't hide the fact that NexusX is an alliance mate and I wanted to give him some support, his org is doing great and I wanted to give him a nice boost. I don't have any other fighters in his org so I wanted to give it a shot. A superfight against Vihtala sounds pretty sweet.

All the other orgs that sent me an offer, even though the offers were extremely generous in some cases, I would have been thrown in the deep end with a bunch of monsters. He's not ready for that yet.

Anyways, I can't remember what the point of this message was but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Immortals one day it would be a good fit.

Frankly, I don't think Brandao is too over powered for Immortals. If anything I think he is underpowered. Friedricksen handed Brandao his first loss, which set him up to be beaten by a few others right in a row. This is not me boasting. Conversely this is me illustrating a point. Friedricksen wouldn't last very long in the cage with the Heavyweights in INY, so I don't think that Brandao would waltz through the division at all. Especially not at the top of that division. Again, no offense is intended towards Brandao. He is a good solid fighter and has some impressive wins. I just don't think he is as unstoppable as some are making him out to be. HERO might be a very good fit for him. A place where he will be challenged but not be unstoppable.

If it were not for the fact that John Bravo took over 4 Kings and then shat all over the place I would have probably stayed there which would certainly have led to a rematch with Brandao. But I am happily making embarrassingly large stacks of money over at Maple Leaf Combat now and will likely stay there for a long time.